When the scent hit his nose it set him on alert, and this heightened once he realized the scent was somehow familiar. He sat the beer he had been enjoying down on the kitchen island, which he had been leaning against and then left out of the room on a hunt. He paused in the parlor lifting his head a bit and sniffing, the scent was there still but different yet familiar though he couldn’t place it. He moved to the hidden elevator and headed to the lower part of the mansion, which housed the medlab, Cerebro, and the danger room as well as the hanger for the blackbird, and this was where his nose led him inside the hanger.

The hanger was dark but he could still make out the entire contents of the room and thus moved about without a problem. He moved around the Blackbird until he came upon the open hatch where the scents nearly overtook him and then recollection came. SNIKT! Cautiously he stepped up into the jet and scanned the inside from his spot before proceeding further inside.

“Ro?” He called out as he moved further inside and when his eyes fell to the form lying on the ground he became paralyzed. “Ro,” He called out again but this time with a shaky voice, which he cleared and spoke again. “Storm.” He wasn’t sure why he kept calling to her, for he could see it was her she was looking right into his eyes, but it seemed it was all he could do. When her eyes, which were wide and filled with tears averted from his that set him on alarm and cause him to duck and turn just in time, just before an optic blast tore through him. His eyes fell on Scott whose hands were cover with blood. It was all sinking in for Logan but he didn’t have time to think on it just yet, he had to take Scott down before he got a chance to get another shot off, and so he tackled him hard and instantly shot his claws through Scott’s shoulders and then moved and pierced them through both his legs right above the knees. Scott howled out in agony, as he lied there unable to move. Logan stood and stared down at him in pain and disgust. “What have you done?” Logan asked the ridiculous question, ridiculous because the answer was so obvious, the blood everywhere told the tale. Coming back to his senses, Logan moved to where Ororo lay flat on her back with her head turned towards him. She lay in a bed of her own blood as it continued to gush from the gaping wound in her throat, and Logan instinctively gripped both his hands around it trying in what he knew to be useless attempt at stopping the bleeding. Ororo stared at him and opened her mouth to try to speak but only blood poured out. “Hush darlin don’t talk, I’m gonna get you to the lab, it’s just around the corner.” He said but hadn’t figured out how he would accomplish it, he didn’t want to release her throat for fear she was on the verge of bleeding to death, but knew that what was happening anyway and that it was dire for her to get to the medlab. Logan thought it would be best to get Hank to come to them and so he moved one hand from Ororo’s throat and reached for the controls of the Blackbird. He pressed the button to the com system though he didn’t know who or where it linked to and didn’t care as he began to speak. “Hank I hope you can hear me, I’m in the hanger, in the Blackbird there’s been a bad accident, and I need you in here now and bring some medical supplies, hurry Hank, please hurry.” He said the last part mournfully as he looked down into the ashen face of Ororo whose eyes were still locked onto him.

It had only been seconds before Logan could hear footsteps running down the corridor and more than one set, it seems he had linked through out the house, but Hank’s was the first head to pop into the Blackbird. Logan instantly stopped him. “Send them away,” Logan commanded just as Hank saw Scott’s state. He nodded his understanding realizing this wasn’t a scene the children should see, and so he stepped from the Blackbird and Logan could hear him dismiss the nosy students who had also heard Logan’s plea for help. Once they had left the hanger Hank had made his way back into the Blackbird.

“Logan what have you done?” Hank quickly yelled as he moved to where Scott lay helpless and moaning in pain.

“NO! Leave him, help her.” Logan cried out and Hank turned to him and for the first time saw Ororo.

“Dear God,” He gasped out, as he stood stunned for a moment.

“Hank man keep it together, Ro needs ya.” Logan pleaded and Hank took a deep breath and then went into Physician mode as he moved to where Logan was crouched over Ororo.

“Ok remove your hand a moment Logan, let me see.” Hank said and Logan did as he instructed, and the sight nearly made Hank choke and he clamped his eyes shut and began to breath deeply. Logan placed his hands back, too afraid to allow anymore blood to get out. “We have to get her to the medlab.” Hank spoke as he rummaged through his medical bag and pulled out gauze and cloth bandages. “But first we need to try to tie this wound up, stop most of the bleeding. At least the main artery wasn’t hit.”

“Ya sure about that, there’s a lot of blood here.” Logan asked as he removed his hand once again to allow Hank to work.

“Quite sure, for if it had been she would already be dead.” Hank stated as he finished tying the bandage thickly and tightly around Ororo’s neck. “Now you carry her and I shall grab Scott.”

“Let him bleed,” Logan growled as he stared in anger to where Scott still lay. “He did this to her.” The words shocked Hank and for a glimpse of a second he wouldn’t believe it but the scene made it obvious that Logan’s words were true, and for a moment Hank considered leaving Scott there to bleed, but after a moments pause he moved to Scott and roughly lifted him up and over his shoulder. Logan gently lifted Ororo who was now gray in color and cold and stiff. If it hadn’t been for his acute hearing which allowed him to focus on her heartbeat he would have thought her dead. “Hold on Darlin, please just hold on, yer gonna be ok…” As swiftly and painlessly as he could Logan raced to the lab.





You must login () to review.