It was as if he had lost his hearing and for the first time felt intoxicated. Hank seemed to be walking in slow motion, with the room spinning about him, and when Hank spoke, his lips moved but no sound seemed to be coming out not that words were necessary. Hank’s body language, his teary eyes, his bowed head, and the reactions of everyone else in the room spoke volumes. Suddenly it seemed as if everything had happened so fast, as reality came crashing in on them.

~~~~

They struggled to pull him off and he mercilessly turned on them like some wild animal, throwing them off, slashing at them with his anger evident in his eyes and the snarls he threw their way. He was angrier than he ever had been, even more than he was when Jean had died. It was only the powerful mind of the Professor that finally tamed the feral Logan, and saved Scott’s life, and in the end spared them from having to attend two funerals.

“We can’t keep him like that forever those restraints will not hold him long, Professor.” Hank spoke as they stood outside the room that housed the restrained Logan, who they had strapped to the bed.

“Yes I know, but what other solution is there. We cannot let him loose to finish what he had started.”

“And why not.” Hank said bitterly causing the Professor to sigh heavily. “After what Scott did to Ororo, I cannot say that Logan’s idea isn’t the best recourse.”

“I too am shocked, devastated, and very saddened by Scott’s action, and not to excuse them but man can act out of the ordinary when in grief.”

“That wasn’t grief Professor, that was butchery and betrayal, what Scott did was evil. You didn’t see her…all the blood.” Hank croaked out as he stared down at his hands, remembering them covered in blood.
~~~~

He awoke in pain a burning pain that seemed to start on the inside and work its way out. It only took a split second for him to realize he was tied down, and he instantly began to struggle, until he easily snapped the ties. Hopping from the bed he moved to the door only to find it locked.

“Open this fucking door Hank!” He roared and within seconds Hank appeared o the other side of the door.

“I have informed the Professor of your awakening Logan, he is on his way down now, I am to wait for him.” Hank spoke calmly.

“I aint yer prisoner, I aint the Professor’s prisoner either…so open the Gotdamn door!”

“Logan, I understand your anger, believe m…”

“I don’t want a sermon Hank, I just want to get out of here and gut that sick fucker in the other room.” Logan stated his shoulders rising and falling in a steady manner as his breaths came in pants.

“Well I can assure you that kind of talk will not get you out, at least not as far as the Professor is concerned.” Hank said and Logan calmed a bit at the words and the implication that Hank wanted Scott just as dead as he did.

“Well the Professor aint gotta know, let me out and I’ll take out the trash on my way outta town, you’ll never hear from either of us again.” Logan said and Hank took a step closer to the door despite himself.

~That’s not a solution Logan.~ The Professor spoke telepathically and he glided down the corridor, stopping just before Hank and the locked door.

“Yeah, and what’s you’re solution, patting him on the back or smacking his hand maybe. He murdered Ororo, he mutilated her.”

“Out of grief over Jean...” The Professor began to defend but Logan cut him off and Hank suddenly turned and left, not caring to hear any defending of Scott.

“That shit won’t fly. I loved Jeanie too I grieve her every day, but I’d never do what he did.”

“So you wouldn’t kill if you thought it would bring Jean back?” The Professor posed to Logan, not believing his proclamation.

“Not Ororo!” Logan yelled point blank, his steely eyes glaring at the Professor for even suggesting he would.

“Logan, believe me when I say to you that ‘I’ understand your anger and your want…need to avenge Ororo. She, Jean, and Scott were the first, my first students and I think of them as my very own children. I had such high expectations for them all, and now it seems I have lost them all.”

“You do know yer wasting your breath doncha Chuck? He’s gonna die, I’m gonna kill him.”

“That will not solve the problem Logan, it will not bring Ororo back to us.” The Professor said through a heavy sigh.

“No, but it will make me feel better, an ‘eye for an eye’. I don’t understand why yer defending him. He butchered her, you weren’t there, you didn’t see her lying there, bleeding, gasping for air, terrified. He was supposed to be her friend, from the way I heard it they were like brother and sister, yet he did that ta her.” Logan said the red rims of his eyes glistening with unshed tears. Xavier simply bowed his head, he himself not sure how to respond, to react. “You can’t keep me in here forever and eventually I’ll get through these walls, you know I will and I’ll get to him.”

“I don’t think that will be possible Logan.” Hank said as he reappeared beside the professor.

“We’ll see.” Logan said as he folded his arms across his chest.

“No, I mean it won’t be possible because Scott’s gone and so is Ororo’s body.”

~~~~~
Elsewhere:

“Whoa man I don’t know about this, this seems wrong man, I mean really wrong. I’m getting a bad vibe.” The nervous little man with the obvious hump on his back said as he back up a bit from the table he stood before.

“I was told you could perform this ritual, and I’m willing to pay anything.”

“Man what yer asking for I can do sure, but...she’s dead man. That’s just too creepy even by my standards. How could you just grab up some dead woman.”

“Look just do it.” The man resting most of his weight on a crutch said as he tossed an envelope full of money onto the table, which the small man eagerly grabbed up and started counting.

“Sure whatever you say man, I just don’t see the point in raising some ancient Goddess.”

~~~~
Back at the Mansion:

“You put a security lock on me but not on that fucker.” Logan stated as he shot daggers at the head of the table where the Professor sat.

“After what you did to him Logan I was sure he wouldn’t be getting up and walking about so soon. I was wrong.” Logan only grunted in reply.

“So what now, do we have to worry about two hell bitches running around? I mean we can’t even stop Phoenix, and Hank says this Ayaba is a hundred times more powerful, so what are we gonna do?” Rogue spoke out in a worried voice. And the room fell in silence for no one had the answer to that question.

“Well, Scott may not be able to perform the ritual for raising Ayaba. I know he can’t read the incantation, and I doubt he can find all the ingredients needed.” Hank said.

“He murdered one of his closest friends, if he’s got the balls to do that he planning to go all the way with this, he may not be able to do it himself, but I’d bet my life he’s found someone who can.”

“And that’s where we shall start. We need to locate anyone that could to the spell. Ill go to Cerebro and seek out any mutants with such knowledge and abilities. Hank You search the internet. And Logan…” The Professor turned to where Logan had been sitting and noticed him heading out the door.

“I’m gonna go huntin..” Logan said before he took a deep breath and then stalked from the room.

“Rogue go with him, for I fear what Logan will do if he find Scott first.” The Professor said.

“And what makes you think I won’t let him, help him even.”

“Because I trust you will do what is right Marie.” The professor said using her real name. Rogue gave a heavy sigh as she pushed herself from the table and headed out after Logan.





You must login () to review.