“Long ago in Egypt there once lived a wise and great man, during the rule of King Zoser of the Third Dynasty, about 2980 B.C. That man, even to this day is deemed the father of medicine, and earned such a reputation as a healer that he was worshipped as a god not only in Egypt but also in Greece and Rome, for the next 3000 years, and later named by Christians as ‘the Prince of Peace’. He was human though idolized as more, a mere mortal born to mere mortals and given the mortal name, Imhotep (em-moe-tep), yet as I said, he was worshipped by millions, which did not go unnoticed by the true deities. In particular, Bennu and Ayaba, and though their interest in him started out very differently, but ended with the same result, they both fell in love and they both wanted Imhotep for themselves.

Both Goddesses laid their claims and engaged in a mutual and friendly venture to woo Imhotep. It was not until he professed his love to one of them, that it turned bloody, and resulted in the banishment of Bennu by Ayaba, who was by far more power. Though Bennu left her lasting marks on Ayaba as well, by killing Imhotep thus ensuring that if she could not have him, neither would Ayaba.”

“Hell hath not fury like a woman scorned.” The Professor interjected, pausing Beast and his story.

“No truer words have ever been spoken Professor, and it this case it seems the same it true even for Goddesses.” Beast agreed. “So after, Ayaba defeated Bennu by locking her within the fiery walls of the Sun, she hid herself away in her despair over losing Imhotep, where she remained until she died.”

“But she was a Goddess,” Rogue, who had been totally engrossed in the story, spoke out. “Thought they were immortal.”

“Yes, but only through Faith and belief, without those to remember and worship them, even Gods in a sense die. If there is no one to remember you, does one exist?”

“This is very educational and all, but what does that have to do with now?” Scott asked what was on the minds of most in the conference room. “How the hell can a ‘dead’ God help us defeat Phoenix?”

“Because Scott, the essence of the Phoenix inhabits Jean’s body, possesses it if you will. So, is it not logical to assume that the essence of Ayaba can be called forth to inhabit a body as well, especially if that body is almost the reincarnate of Ayaba, which I think we would all agree is Storm.” Again all eyes fell to Ororo, all except one set, which lingered and glared at Beast.

“So what yer saying is we use Ro’s body?” Logan barked out. “Have her give her will over to some bitch of a Goddess, and hope when it’s all over she just gives it back?”

“Of course we’d never do it if I didn’t think it could be done in a safe manner, Logan. Ororo’s safety would be priority.” Beast defended somewhat angered at Logan’s implication, since he adored Ororo and would never do anything to endanger her. “And as it stand I do not know if it can be done, we are just brainstorming here, but it is a possibility so I thought it should be put on the table.”

“And if it’s the only way to save Jean, I’m all for it.” Scott commented. “And I’m surprised you’re not on the boat here Logan. We all know how obsessed with Jean you were.”

“Look you mother fucker…” Logan growled as he suddenly stood, and leaned over the table towards Scott.

“I would not do it,” Ororo’s voice spoke out stilling everyone as they looked at her stunned. “And I do not care if it is the only way, I would not allow my body to be used in such a manner, and never as a weapon to destroy Jean, and that is what this is about right? You sugarcoat it but we all have seen her, what she has become, how powerful she is, and we all know we cannot contain it, her, so we must find a way to destroy her. If need be I will help, but I will not be the tool to do it, I cannot.” With this Ororo stood and walked from the room.





You must login () to review.