Disclaimer: don’t own anything but my OCs now, and never will.

Summary: Logan has just become the new self-defence teacher of the school, and saying him and Ororo just don’t get along is just an understatement. Through their constant fighting and arguing, somehow, something sparks between them. Can two enemies that hate each other with every fibre in their body, come to love each other? A side of Logan and Ororo you’ve never seen before. RoLo, some RogueBobbyOC

To my beloved reviewers: Some of you readers have noticed my mistake in the first chapter! And all I got to say to you people is…THANK YOU! I’ve learned two lessons on the day you people told me about my mistake:
1) My reviewers are the COOLEST people ever
2) I will never trust my cousins again

THANKS AGAIN!

I’d be SUPER happy if you read and review! So remember to review right after and I’ll give all of you a cookie! ^_^

 
 
 
Girl’s Basketball Try Outs

 
Date: Next Monday
Time: 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Place: the Danger Room

Reminders:
- Bring any basketball gear that you have because I won’t be providing any at the tryouts.
- Come EXACTLY at 3:30 pm or a few minutes earlier because once the Danger Room doors are closed, I won’t be opening them.
- This is a GIRL’S basketball tryout. I don’t want any boys seen there unless I asked you to come or you’re needed to set something up. Yes, that means you, BOBBY DRAKE!

~ Ororo Munroe, girl’s basketball coach.

 
Ororo smiled as she read over her girl’s try outs notice again and stapled it to the bulletin board in the hall. On the floor beside her was a whole stack of the exact same notices. She was planning to tape some to the wall, hand out some to the girl students that looked interested, and staple some to the bulletin boards. Just as she gathered up all the papers and was getting ready to put some on the bulletin board in the next hall, she spotted Logan walking towards her, with that annoying smirk plastered on his face. Tucked under his arms was a (smaller) stack of papers that looked a lot like hers.
“Putting up flyers, I see,” he smirked when he was standing in front of her.
“They’re called notices, idiot.”
“Oh well, same thing,” he shrugged, “not that they’ll make a difference anyway. My basketball team is going to get your team’s ass.”
“You want to bet, DOG BOY?” Ororo said, her eyes flashing.
“Don’t even try pissing me off, weather witch, ’cause it ain’t going to work,” his smile widening, “I thought about it and if you start trying to piss me off, that means you’re mad. And you being mad make me HAPPY.”
“Oh my gosh? You thought?” Ororo said in mock shock.
“It’s not going to work,” Logan said, but he didn’t sound as cocky anymore.
“What you got there, Logan? Flyers? But I never knew you could read!” she snatched one of them before he could say anything and read:

Boys Basketball tryouts

In the danger room at 6:30, next monday. I don’t know when it ends so be ready to practise for more than four hours straight. I don’t want to hear any compliaining or else I’ll kick you out before you can say I’m tired.

- Logan

Ororo looked up from the paper, raising up an eyebrow.
“You wasted a whole piece of paper for something so little?”
“Yah. So?”
“Oh never mind,” Ororo said, shaking her head, “I’m really impressed though.”
“Impressed?” Logan repeated, unable to hide his surprise.
“Yes. I never thought you could write this much. Actually, I never thought you could write. Period.”
“It’s not going to work…” Logan said, his eye twitching dangerously. All hints of the smile was gone.
“You spelled a word wrong though. Complaining is spelled C-O-M-P-L-A-I-N-I-N-G,” Ororo laughed, “do you need me to say that slower for you?”
“Oh yah! Well, at least I’m not some stupid environmentalist! Eating vegetables and getting so pissed because I wasted a whole sheet of paper,” Logan growled, not able to contain his anger, “Oh look at me, I’m ripping a WHOLE piece of paper that could still be used.” He ripped one of his notices in half right in Ororo’s face. She went red, looking angry enough to pounce at him.
“Better than you, WOLVERINE! You’re just some dumb animal roaming around the forest looking for animals to kill and eat alive!” Ororo snapped, “I would call you an animal, but that would be an insult to them!”
“You’re seriously getting on my nerves, STORM!”
“Good! Because you’re getting on mine!”
“You’re just jealous because you KNOW that my basketball team is going to beat yours!”
“HA! Fat chance! With smarts like yours, there’s no way they could win,” she sneered, poking him threatening in the chest.
“It’s not all about smarts, you know, it’s about SKILL,” Logan said, flexing his muscles, “Something YOU don’t have!”
“Oh wow, muscles, I’m so scared,” she said mock horror, “what in heavens should I do?”
“Oh, very funny,” Logan rolled his eyes, “you’re pathetic, Ororo.”
“Me? Pathetic? I’m not the one that thought World War I in 1945!”
“HOLY SHIT! Why the hell are you bringing that up again?!”
“Because you were WRONG!” Ororo shouted, “You hear me? WRONG!”
“You’re in serious denial, darlin’.”
“Oh please, Logan,” Ororo said with the nastiest sneer she could manage, “you’re the one that’s in denial. Just like how you’re in denial about your team winning mine!”
“Oh yah? How’s your team going to win if no one sees your notices?” Logan growled, he grabbed one of his notices and deliberately stapled it on top of Ororo’s on the bulletin board. “HA!”
“It’s not like you’re the only one that could do that,” she snapped, stapling on of her notices on top of his. Growling, he stapled another one on top of hers. Then, she stapled one of top of his. And that’s how the stapling fight began. It continued on and on, both of them unwilling to give up.
“You tired yet, darlin’,” Logan panted an hour later, furiously stapling.
“No,” she huffed, “are you tired?”
“Not even! I can go on forever!”
“Then let’s go!” Ororo said. A few minutes later though, when Ororo tried stapling her notice on top of Logan’s, it wouldn’t work.
“What the…”
“Looks like you stapler ran out of staples, Storm,” Logan laughed. She growled angrily and tossed the stapler onto the floor.
“So? Not like I need it,” she angrily ripped all the stapled sheets off until only hers was left.
“Why you little…” Logan stapled one of his sheets back on, but Ororo just ripped it off again.
“That’s just cheating!”
“Where does it say that I can’t do that in the rules, huh?”
“…we don’t have any rules…”
“Exactly,” she said smugly, “so I can do that. Ha!”
“So that means I can do this, right?” Logan sneered, his clawing popping out with a SNIKT. Ororo backed away, but he wasn’t aiming to hit her, instead, he slashed all of her notices in half.
“How you going to get a winning team now, darlin’?”
“Don’t call me that!”
“What do you mean, darlin’?” he said innocently.
“Don’t call me that!”
“Oh…you mean darlin’?”
“YES!”
“Oh, sorry…DARLIN’,” Logan grinned.
“ARGH! That’s it! I’m so going to shove a lightning bolt up your ass, now!” Ororo growled, her usual calm blue eyes had a freaky, yet thrilling glint in them. “And when I’m done, I’m going to skin all your skin off and…”
“Um…Miss. Munroe? Logan? What are you doing?” a voice said slowly. Both of them twirled around to see a bewildered Michelle standing a couple of feet in front of them, carrying her school books in her arms.
“Oh, um…nothing,” the history teacher said, forcing a smile on her face and smoothing the creases in her pants nervously.
“Then, why are there so many paper things on the floor?” Michelle asked hesitantly, picking one up from the floor. Ororo looked around and gulped. They had created more of a mess than they thought. Scraps of paper were scattered all over the floor, including one part of a stapler. She had no idea where the other half of it had gone.
“Because…uh…”
“’Cause Ororo dropped all of her notices on the floor and I was kindly going to help her,” Logan finished for her with a smirk. Ororo forced a smile on her face and nodded, but when the teenager was reading what one of the notices said, Ororo glared at him and hissed, “you’re going to pay for this, Logan.”
“Hey, is this a girl’s basketball try-outs notice, Miss. Munroe?” Michelle asked excitedly. Ororo smiled genuinely and nodded.
“Oh, WOW! I can’t wait, Miss. Munroe!” she exclaimed, “how come all of them are split in two, though?”
“Um…the photocopying machine downstairs is…uh… broken,” Ororo replied quickly, “would you mind helping me make more copies of those with the photocopying machine upstairs?”
“Sure thing! Oh my God! I can’t wait ‘till next Monday!” Michelle practically skipped down the hall to the staircase, “I’ll see you upstairs when I’m done, Miss. Munroe!” Ororo nodded, but when the teen was out of sight, she twirled around to smile triumphantly at Logan.
“Looks like I already have a member of my team, and YOU don’t!”
“So what? I’m still going to win,” Logan huffed.
“You want to bet on that?!”
“FINE! In two weeks we’ll hold a basketball game. My team V.S your team! Loser has to be the winner’s slave for a week!” Logan exclaimed.
“Fine with me, Dog Boy!” They shook on it, glaring at each other. With that done, she walked down the hall and up the stairs.
“I am so going to win,” he said under his breath.


That Night

Ororo flung the book close in disgust and pushed back from her desk. She had spent five hours reading the book. Five hours spent trying to remember the stupid rules to basketball. Who really cared what the penalty for dribbling out of bounds was anyway? You could tell Ororo to tell you the exact date and time of when John A. Macdonald became the first prime minister of Canada, but remembering the penalty for double dribbling was literally impossible for her. Why did she have to agree to being the girl’s basketball coach anyway? She knew nothing about stinking basketball! Wait a minute, why was she blaming this stuff on her? This was ALL Logan’s fault! Yah! It was all his fault! If she hadn’t heard that the boys were asking him to be their coach, then she wouldn’t have agreed. If he hadn’t made the freaking bet with her, then she wouldn’t be studying the “Big Book of Basketball,” so she could win him!
“IT’S ALL THE DOG’S FAULT!” Ororo shouted out loud, pounding her fists on the desk. ‘I hate Logan so much,’ she thought, ‘him and his cocky smirk. Oh, I’m Logan. I’m so great, I have claws…blah, blah, blah. He thinks he’s so great and…’
Ororo yawned in mid thought and blinked furiously. She couldn’t fall asleep…she couldn’t…there was no way she was falling asleep…no way at all…she had to memorize the rules and…

“HA! My team won, STORM! Watcha gonna do about it, huh?” Logan laughed, sticking his face tauntingly close to Ororo’s. “You lost and I WON! Hmm… let’s see, what should I make my little slave do?” Ororo gulped and backed up against the wall, falling down onto the bench with a thud as Logan cowered over her.
“Lemme see… wash my socks? Dance in front of everyone naked? No, that’s not good…”
“Please, Logan…” Ororo started, almost whimpering as Logan grinned evilly.
“I know…I want you to…”

And the next thing she knew, she was shoving meat down her throat as fast as possible, wearing a pair of Logan’s boxers on her head and attempting to clean his dirty socks all at the same time. Logan laughed cruelly and shouted, “And after this, you have to clip my toe nails!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!” Ororo screamed, falling of the chair and landing with a THUD on the ground. She looked around and let out a sigh of relief, “Thank God it was just a dream!” Her heart was pounding like crazy from the memories of the nightmare as she got up from the floor and sat back down on the chair. Ororo wiped the sweat that had gathered there with her sleeve, and leaned back on her chair. She looked around her desk and her eyes landed on the Big Book of Basketball. Suddenly, a wave of determination swept through the resident weather goddess and she opened the book. She HAD to memorize these rules. No matter how tired she got, she HAD to. She and her team HAD to win.
“Then we’ll see who’ll be clipping whose toe nails,” she said out loud to herself, settling her eyes on the first page of the book.

_____________________

 
That Sunday, a day before the girls and boys basketball tryouts, Bobby and Roberto (A/N: couldn’t think of an X-Men that could be made a teenager, so I took Roberto a.k.a Sunspot from X-Men: Evolution) were sitting in the kitchen, sipping from their cups of coke.
“So, you know who’s going to go for the b-ball team?” Bobby asked.
“I have no idea.”
“Are you going for it?”
“Yep.”
“You don’t feel like talking, eh?” Iceman said.
“Yep.”
“You know what I heard from Michelle?” Bobby asked, just as Logan turned a corner and walked into the kitchen.
“No.”
“Well, she told me that their coach, Miss. Munroe, knows NOTHING about basketball!” Bobby said excitedly. Logan froze and turned towards the two teenagers. Because their backs were both towards him, they had no idea that their future basketball coach were listening into their conversation.
“Aren’t you going to ask me how they know?” Iceman said, wanting more of a reaction from his friend.
“How do they know?” Roberto drawled, his eyes half closed from boredom.
“Well, sorry, but I can’t tell you.”
“Fine.”
“Aw, you’re making me feel so bad, dude,” Bobby said, “Fine, I’ll tell you. But promise you won’t tell anyone else ok? Because Michelle told me not to tell ANYONE.”
“Ok,” Roberto said.
“Well,” Bobby whispered excitedly, “Michelle, Rogue and Kitty were walking past her room when they heard these thumping noises. So they went to investigate and you know what they found?”
“No.”
“Well,” Bobby dropped his voice even more, but luckily with his enhanced hearing, Logan could hear everything the boy was saying loud and clear. “They could tell that the noises was actually basketball dribbling. And why would Miss. Munroe practise dribbling in her room and not in the Danger Room? Because she didn’t want anyone to know that she couldn’t play basketball!” Logan’s eyes widened. The weather witch couldn’t play basketball? A grin spread slowly across his face. When his team won, rubbing it in her face would be so much more sweet.
“Oh okay,” Roberto said, sitting up suddenly, “you’ve been spending a lotta time with Michelle lately though. I thought you and Rogue were going out.”
“Um… we were, but then we’re not exactly girlfriend/boyfriend yet,” Bobby mumbled with a shrug.
“So you like Michelle? As in LIKE?”
“Um…”
“Did I just hear what I thought I heard?” Logan suddenly said, startling the two teens.
“NO! I mean, if you mean me crushing on another girl when Rogue still likes me, then the answer is NO!” Iceman said quickly. Logan raised an eyebrow.
“I’m not talking about that, idiot. I’m talking about the thing you said about Ororo not knowing how to play basketball.”
“Oh,” Bobby said, sighing in relief inwardly, “that’s 100% true, ‘cause Michelle told me herself.”
“Good,” Logan suddenly laughed evilly, “Ororo, you’re GOING DOWN!” He walked out of the kitchen, still chuckling.
“Okay then…”
“I’m guessing that he doesn’t like Miss. Munroe all that much,” Roberto said, raising up an eyebrow.
“No really.”

 
Next day

“What the hell is wrong with you people?! How many times do I have to tell you to NOT USE YOUR POWERS?!” Logan roared. All of Jamie’s multiples disappeared back into him as the thirteen-year old boy fell onto the ground.
“I’m sorry, Logan, I can’t help it,” he said, his lower lip quivering.
“It ain‘t our fault,” Michael shrugged, withdrawing the laser swords he had created with his mutant ability. Logan’s eye started twitching in anger as he marched up to the new student.
“I’m seriously not liking your attitude, Mikey boy,” the coach growled, pointing a finger threateningly in his face. The dirty blonde haired boy shrugged again, flicking back his bangs.
“You can not like me all you like, and I really don’t care, Logan,” he said, shoving his hands into his pants, “but I’m probably the best player you got on this team. Remember that.” The other boys gasped inwardly. No one had ever talked to Logan like that before, besides Ororo and Xavier.
“Best player on the team, eh? Well from now on, you’re on the bench! SIT!” Logan shouted, his eyes blazing, but that didn’t even seem to phase Michael.
“Whatever,” he said, calmly, taking a seat on the bench.
“What you people looking at!?” Logan barked, “get back to practise! And the next one to use their mutant power will be joining Michael over here!”

“I see you can’t handle your own students, Logan,” an amused voice said from behind him, “but I expected as much.” Logan turned around to see Ororo strolling casually towards him with a bunch of girls behind her. Many of them, like Ororo, were wearing tank tops and basketball shorts.
“Storm,” he growled, “what are you doing here?”
“I booked the Danger Room for 3:30 pm,” she replied, tapping her watch, “so you and your boys should get out!”
“Well, we’re not done!”
“That’s too bad for you, Logan! It’s my time now!” Ororo snapped.
“I’ve REALLY had enough of you!”
“So have I!”
“Hey, don’t get all stressed out, Logan,” Michael drawled from behind him. He had gotten up from the bench and walked towards the two fighting teachers.
“I thought I told you to stay seated on the bench,” Logan frowned.
“I thought you two might need my help, that’s all,” he grinned.
“Well, we don’t. Now go sit down.”
“Wait, Logan, let’s just hear what he has to say,” Ororo said, “there’s no harm in just listening.”
“Fine,” Logan replied, grinding his teeth, “I’ll give you five seconds.”
“How about we have ourselves a little competition. You and Miss. Munroe have a little one-on-one. Winner gets the Danger Room.” A slow smile spread across Logan’s face.
“That’s actually a great idea, Mike,” he said, rubbing his hands together, “how ’bout it, ’Ro?”
“Don’t do it, Miss. Munroe. You don’t have to play him to get the Danger Room,” Rogue said worriedly, “you booked it, remember?”
“You too scared to play me, ’Ro?” Logan smirked.
“No! Of course now!” Ororo exclaimed.
“Then why don’t you agree with Mike’s idea. You’re the one that said we should listen to him.”
“Fine, I accept then,” she replied, biting her lower lip, “but…I want to add that who ever wins has to treat their soon-to-be team to dinner.”
“That’s even better,” Logan laughed, throwing the basketball to her as the rest of the teens stepped back to watch their teachers play. “I’d really like steak, darlin’, especially the expensive kind. I usually never go to fancy restaurants to get really good steaks, but you’re paying right?” He winks at her and started chuckling again.
“We’ll see about that,” Ororo muttered, concentrating on dribbling the ball.

To be continued……

And that’s the end of Chapter 2! Hope all you of readers enjoyed it and remember to read and review! I need to know what you think, whether you liked it or not, so I can either write better or continue to write as good. So PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!

~Archer_Gurl




 
 
 





You must login () to review.