Story Notes:
Please Review, reviews are like currency ;)
Logan stalked slowly into the room and stared at her. She was looking away, looking down at the white sterile sheets that covered her legs that refused to stop trembling. She refused to meet his gaze; there was no way that she was going to do it. She did not want to look into those eyes of his because she knew that just a glimpse would pierce her heart. She had no idea what to expect if she did decide to give him the satisfaction of her glance. She did not want to know the expression that lay in his eyes. The possible expressions could be pitiful, disappointed, regretful, angry, compassionate or even caring but there was no point of looking at him because the possible expressions would induce the same reaction from her. This was to burst into a fit of tears- a reaction she had allowed him to see in those passed months. Not this time.
“You-…” Logan started his sentence with a whisper.
“No. Don’t…Don’t speak” she replied quietly but sternly. In this moment, she wanted to see anyone but him. Jean would have been perfect, she was the last person she saw before and her presence would have been a lot more reassuring than the apologetic and apprehensive faces of a doctor and two nurses upon her waking up.
Logan took two steps closer to the bed and clenched his fists. He glared at her and leant a little bit forward as if wanting to smell her yet like her he didn’t want to know what she was feeling. He didn’t want to smell fear, pain, anger, sorrow or regret. But what he absolutely did not want to smell was relief.
“You...You. Told. Her. Not to call me” he growled between gritted teeth. Ororo continued to stare down, refusing to look up.
“Well…She obviously refused to comply …you’re here now aren’t you” she whispered. Logan’s face turned. He wanted to shout and roar and rip the whole room in to shreds.
“He wa- He’s my kid too, ‘Ro! Don’t you thin-…”
“No! Finish what you were going to say first, Logan!” Ororo cried but this time she looked up when she said it. “He was! He…was, because I really doubt that he 'is' anymore!” she continued for him. “An- and you know what, Logan. You can just leave now, you can go! Go back to Canada- look for your past or something because you’re free now…absolutely liberated because you don’t have that responsibility anymore”. She had held back enough tears in her eyes to obscure her vision and stop her from seeing the expression in his eyes.
“What!...do ya hear yourself, ‘Ro…Do ya frikkin’ hear yourself!”- he clenched his fists even tighter. He felt as if his pulse rate was elevating and his pores were opening for beads of fuming sweat. He didn’t even swear anymore…because of her and this is what she was saying to him?
“So that’s it, then? If he…if worse comes worst… ya want me ta…leave? Ya want me out of your life?” the tone in his voice had calmed down but his breathing had not.
“No…I want you to go…now” she returned to whispering and peering south.
“Well good luck in tryna get me to leave, ‘Ro…” Logan said between his once again gritted teeth, he paced the room before coming back to his original position, a foot away from Ororo’s bed.
“I put up with ya coldness, the screaming, I let ya call me every frikkin name under the sun but I still held ya when ya cried” he came closer to the bed
“Stop it” she pleaded with an almost silent voice,
“I bathed ya, washed ya hair, bought ya maternity clothes, carried ya ta bed…and I haven’t even mentioned what I’ve done for him! But ya know what ‘Ro, I didn’t care because I loved ya!” he sighed. “I love you but the least ya could do fer me is talk to me”
“I’m done talking…I’m- I’m”
“Ororo!” Kitty exclaimed bursting into the hospital room almost running and embracing the weather witch who was sat upright in her bed. Jean followed after her, then Scott, Marie and finally Henry- who had all pushed past Logan to see Ororo’s condition.
“Miss! Miss! Excuse me, young lady but no visitors are allowed…” the nursed yelled after Kitty but her voice trailed off after she noticed Logan standing there in an almost combat like stance
“How did you get in here undetected” she muttered before turning her attention to the group who had just joined Ororo and Logan. “Look, I understand that you people have been waiting to see your friend and her b-…right now is not a good time, as you can see, Miss Monroe is exhausted and I’m pretty sure that sh-“
“Thank you very much” Ororo interrupted her , “Thank you very much but I am fine…I-I need them here right now, thank you” she continued while trying to force a soft smile and ignore Kitty’s tight grip around her.
“I understand Miss Munroe but wouldn’t you rather speak to them later and see James?” the nurse replied almost trying to attack Ororo for not taking her suggestion. She did all this while tucking her blonde tendrils of hair behind her ears and widening her already big brown eyes.
Ororo blinked twice before shooting an infuriated look to Logan, she looked back at the nurse and forced that same soft smile again but it turned out to be a weak curving of her mouth. Her throat went dry. “No. Thank you, I need to see my friends now”
The nurse clicked her pen and wrote something on the paper in the clipboard that she was holding. “Very well…” she began to walk out of the room but not without looking at Logan once more “I suppose it is always useful to have your 'friends' around, 'Miss' Monroe” she then left.
“Ororo” Jean began, “Maybe she’s right maybe you do need to see-…”
“How long have you guys been here” Ororo asked slowly breaking out of Kitty’s weakened embrace. Kitty spoke again this time and softly said “Right after Jean called us…we weren’t allowed to see you- nobody let us…we were afraid that…”
“That we’d lost you, ‘Ro” Scott interjected stepping forward and looking at Ororo with relief. Henry had the same expression but this expression did not last long. “I spoke to some of the doctors, my dear”
“Hank please…Did you guys sleep here?” Ororo changed the subject again
“Pretty much” Jean said touching Ororo’s shoulder with a weak smile
“Marie…you’ve been really quiet” Ororo’s attention was now turned to Marie who was almost shuddering and fidgeting to the sound of the medical apparatus at her side.“Ah-ah’m sorry Miss M-Ororo, ah don’t feel comfortable in hospitals- b-but ah was really worried…ah could hardly sleep… Logan didn’t…sleep that it…he was on his feet the whole time he did so much…” Marie’s voice trailed off when she noticed the loss of emotion in Ororo’s face.
“Yes…I’m sure he did”


Chapter End Notes:
Hi, this is my first story after four year I hope that my writing style has improved, I was quite young when I wrote the others and thus the cringy parts lol. Please review as I would know if to continue or not and it would mean a lot thanks!



You must login () to review.