In Her Eyes
Author: The Scribe2
Rating: M
Summary: Post X1 – Something evil has come over Logan. Can Ororo save him or is he lost to her forever? RoLo
Disclaimer: I don't own anyone. Thanks for letting me borrow them.
A/N – Thanks for all the lovely reviews.
Chapter 3
Heart-Broke and Waiting

When Ororo arrived home the sun was just beginning to rise. As she entered the house she quickly made her way down the hall, her mind swimming with the horrible things that she had witnessed. What was happening to Logan, she wanted to scream, but deep down she knew that she already had the answer.

With purpose, she ran directly into Professor Xavier’s office and began searching through the books that lined his shelves.

“Is there something I can help you find, Ororo,” The professor asked from his desk and she jumped and whorled around to face him.

She hadn’t expected him to be there so early and to witness her invasion of his space, but she wasted no time making apologies. “Do you have any books on vampires?”

He gave a little chuckle. “I’m afraid I don’t. Perhaps you should try Wikipedia,” he commented with a small smirk before going back to work.

Ororo’s mouth tightened at his flip tone. “I’m serious,” she grated out and began pulling books off of the shelf.

Xavier sighed and leaned back in his chair, steepling his hands. “What exactly is this about, dear?”

Ororo took a deep breath before plowing forward with the news. “Logan is a vampire.”

Her mentor looked at her curiously for a moment. “Logan may be many things, dear girl, but I don’t believe that a vampire is one of them.”

Ororo narrowed her eyes. “Don’t patronize me, Charles,” she insisted. “I saw him kill a man last night. He tore his head off and drank his blood.”

Xavier inclined his head. “Are you sure you weren’t dreaming?”

“Yes,” she exclaimed, angry at his blatant dismissal of her. “Wake Jean, wake Scott. Tell them to come down.”

“Ororo, I don’t think that’s necessary
” he began but Ororo had had enough. She stopped him with a harsh clap of thunder and he jerked in surprise. Slowly he held out a soothing hand toward her. “Alright, alright, do calm down. I’m sure there is some kind of explanation for all of this.”

With a quick nod Ororo went back to examining the books. “Folklore,” she said suddenly, having spotted the thick leather volume.

She pulled it from the shelf and brought it over, plopping it onto Xavier’s desk directly on top of the file he had been reading. He gave her a look, but was wise enough to keep his mouth shut.

A short while later Jean and Scott came rushing in, still wearing their pajamas.

“What’s wrong,” Scott asked Xavier.

The older man cleared his throat. “I think that maybe Ororo should explain,” he said carefully.

She closed her eyes in frustration for a moment then leveled her gaze on her friends. “I think that Logan is a vampire.”

In response Jean simply blinked at her while Scott raised a brow. A second later they both looked around her at the professor who shook his head silently.

“Come again,” Scott finally asked.

“I am not crazy,” Ororo declared frantically. “He killed someone. And there was a woman. She’s the one that did this to him. She said that he was hers now and if I tried to interfere again she would kill me.”

“So why didn’t she just kill you last night,” Scott asked doubtfully.

“She said that she liked me,” Ororo finished lamely, at a loss for how to explain.

The professor pursed his lips. “Ororo, you do realize how fantastic this all sounds? We all saw Logan last evening.”

“And heard him last night,” Jean added.

Fighting the tears that threatened to come, Ororo declared desperately, “I don’t care how it sounds. The man that I love is in trouble and I have to help him.”

With a sigh Scott said, “Okay, what do you need us to do?”

Ororo gestured toward the folklore tome. “I need to know everything about vampires. Strengths, weaknesses
 how they can be killed.”

“Wooden stakes, right,” Jean supplied.

~ X ~

Over the next hour Ororo and Charles searched through the folklore book while Scott and Jean scoured the internet using the professor’s computer. They were still in the midst of it when Logan strolled into the office.

“I’ve been looking everywhere for you,” he grumbled, coming over to kiss Ororo’s cheek.

For a silent moment she and the others could only stare at him as though seeing a ghost.

“What’s going on,” he asked and then looked down at the paper in Ororo’s hand. “Vampires?” He chuckled. “Really? Chuck, you got us chasing vampires now?”

Finally coming out of her stupor Ororo whispered, “Logan,” and wrapped her arms around him before resting her head against his chest and weeping softly. His arms closed around her automatically and he cradled her head to him.

“What’s the matter, ‘Ro? What happened?”

She pulled away slightly and began to run her hands over his face and neck. “Where were you last night?”

His brow furrowed. “With you.”

“You don’t remember any of it, do you?”

The corner of his mouth turned up roguishly. “Every delicious detail.”

She gave an exasperated huff. “Not us. You
and that woman.”

“’Ro, what woman? You and I watched a movie, we went upstairs, we fooled around, we fell asleep. At what point did I fit in another woman?”

Shaking her head she began to pull away from him but he caught her back gently, holding her by the forearms. “Ssss
,” she complained at the discomfort the embrace caused.

Logan slid up her sleeves, examining her arms and saw the angry red welts there. “What happened to you,” he asked and there was a hard edge to his voice.

She pressed her face to his chest again. “It was that woman.”

“I want to know what the hell is going on,” Logan demanded angrily as he looked up at the others.

“So do we,” the professor offered.

“You don’t remember anything unusual happening last night,” Scott asked Logan.

With a shake of the head, Logan replied, “No.”

Suddenly Ororo looked up at him. “Where were you when you woke up?”

He trained questioning eyes on her. “On your bed.”

“Were you wearing clothes?”

He looked down at himself. “Yeah,” he answered with an indifferent shrug

“You didn’t go to sleep in any,” she pointed out.

A look of confusion crossed his faced. “Who is this woman you were talking about?”

With a heavy sigh Ororo held up the sheet of paper in her hand and pointed wordlessly to the illustration.

“You’re saying a vampire did this to you,” he asked her, puzzlement lacing his voice. She nodded solemnly. “And I was with this vampire,” he questioned further.

“Yes and she said that you belong to her.”

“What else did she say,” he asked holding her tighter.

“That she’ll kill me if I try to stop you from
” she stopped suddenly.

“From what
 sleeping with her,” he prodded.

She shook her head mournfully. “From killing. You killed a man last night, in the city.”

His eyes searched her face as he strained to remember. “Could I have been sleep walking,” he asked stepping away from her and shooting out his claws, looking at them as though they were the enemy.

She touched the back of his curled fist lovingly. “Not with those. You tore the man’s head off with fangs.”

“Fangs,” he repeated softly, confusion still littering his face and he walked over and dropped down heavily into a chair.

“You’re not starting to believe you’re a vampire,” Jean asked.

He gave her a hard look. “’Ro doesn’t lie and she’s not crazy. But me, hell, I can’t even remember my own name. If she says she saw me do it, then I must have done it.” He paused before saying, “I knew something was wrong. That night I went to the strip club I blacked out. I can’t remember leaving and I can’t remember getting home. I lost track of the whole damned night.

Logan’s jaw worked for a moment before he continued, “And then I was so sick. I haven’t eaten in days
 haven’t even wanted to. Since when am I not hungry?” Once he finished he looked dejected.

Ororo came over and ran her fingers through his hair affectionately. He turned his face up into the caress and whispered her name. A moment later she knelt down in front of him until they were eye to eye and cupped his face.

“You’re not alone in this, Logan. We’re all going to help you,” she reassured him and then looked up at Jean and Scott.

Jean appeared grave, but Scott nodded curtly relying, “Absolutely. We’re going to find out exactly what’s happening.”

TBC



*Please review.*





You must login () to review.