In Her Eyes
Author: The Scribe2
Rating: M
Summary: Post X1 “ Something evil has come over Logan. Can Ororo save him or is he lost to her forever? RoLo
Disclaimer: I don't own anyone. Thanks for letting me borrow them.
A/N “ Thanks for all the lovely reviews everyone. Enjoy this latest chapter.
Chapter 4
Why Won’t You Die
After the conversation in the professor’s office, with all of its disturbing revelations, Logan led Ororo upstairs where he ran her a hot bath. She sighed and relaxed into the tub, shutting her eyes and seeming to let go of all the horrors of the previous night. He sat down next to her on the floor and brushed his hand over the back of her head reassuringly. He had no idea what he should say to her. She’d never know how much he regretted that she was tangled up in his bullshit. He hated the sight of the blemishes on her skin and the tired hollows beneath her eyes. If anything more had happened to her, nothing in hell, heaven, or earth could have stopped him from destroying everything in his path. As it was, he was ready to kill anything that tried to lay a hand on her, even himself.

As he sat watching ‘Ro, he thought over all that had been uncovered that morning …. a fucking vampire. Logan rubbed a rough hand over his face, feeling revolted. It was one thing to give in to the Wolverine “ pure animal instinct and adrenaline. He had always enjoyed that dangerous part of himself. It made him who he was. But it was quite another to become a monster, a creature that preyed on the weak and unsuspecting, one he couldn’t control or even remember becoming.

He was still mulling that uncomfortable fact over when something ‘Ro had said suddenly came back to him. If he had been wearing these clothes all night, why wasn’t there any blood on him?

He unbuttoned the worn material of his flannel shirt, shedding it quickly, and held it up to his nose. The first thing he scented was Ororo and instantly he became distracted by her natural perfume and a warm feeling overtook him. He took the fabric away and breathed in the smell of her fragrant body soaking in the water, and he basked in it for several long moments before finally shaking his head and snapping himself out of his stupor.

He held the shirt to his nose once again, sniffing deeper, and managed to catch another scent. It was human but there was something odd about it. Somehow it was more earthy and stale. And underneath it there was the unmistakable trace of blood.

“’Ro, what did that woman look like,” he asked softly.
“…stunning,” she replied without opening her eyes. “A complexion like mine, great body, and the scariest green stare you’ve ever seen.”
Logan clinched his fist as he listened to the description. It was the woman he had seen at the club. Deciding quickly what he wanted to do, he leaned over and kissed Ororo’s forehead and murmured, “Everything’s gonna be fine. Just put it from your mind and try to get some sleep. I need to go out for a little while.”
Ororo sat up quickly and reached for him. “No, don’t go.”
“Shh,” he soothed and eased her back down. “It’s okay. I’ll take Cyclops with me.”
“Please be careful,” she whispered and reached up to encircle his neck, squeezing him to her once before finally letting him go.
“I will,” he replied and kissed her petal soft lips.
A few minutes later, Logan shut the door on her bedroom and began to search single-mindedly until he found Scott, who was in the danger room observation deck.
The ruby bespeckled man nodded a greeting. “We’re going to lock you in down there tonight and see what happens. I’m guessing nothing, but if it reassures Storm…”
Logan stopped him. “What ‘Ro saw was real and I know where to start looking.”
~ X ~
It was around noon when Logan and Scott walked into the club where the stage was conspicuously empty of women. They made their way over to the bar where a man in his mid-twenties was drying glasses and watching the news on a flat screen mounted up in the corner.
“Where’re all the girls,” Logan asked him.
“The titties don’t come out until after five, but the bar is open if you want to order a drink.”
“Okay,” Scott replied. “Let me have a Long Island Ice Tea.”
Logan understood that Scott was giving him the opportunity to look around and so he used it to his advantage, walking around the bar sniffing out for the musty odor he’d detected on his shirt.
He couldn’t find even a hint of it.
A short period later, Scott called out, “Hey, can you turn that up,” as he read the closed captioning at the bottom of the silent TV screen.
Logan wandered back over as the bartender picked up the remote to unmute the TV and listened in as the story unfolded, “…two more decapitated bodies were found in Westchester County this morning. One of the victims was stabbed repeatedly as was the case with two other bodies found earlier in the week…”
Scott and Logan looked at each other before Scott turned back to the bartender, “We need to ask you some questions… about one of your dancers.”
Logan then proceeded to give a description of the mystery woman, to which the bartender replied, “Oh, her! Who could forget her? She was a total package…smokin’.” He stopped to flash Logan a satisfied grin. The feral did not return it, and it made the young man sober up and clear his throat nervously. “Ah, she was an amateur…another bartender’s girlfriend. She asked if she could try it out and the boss sure as hell didn’t tell her no.”
“Can you give us a name or anything you may know about her,” Scott asked intently.
The barkeep shook his head. “I don’t know anything about her. I’d never seen her before.”
“Does she come in pretty regularly? Do you think she’ll be here tonight,” the team leader asked next.
“She hasn’t been back since. And believe me, I would’ve noticed.”
“Can we talk to the boyfriend,” Logan inquired roughly feeling his patience start to slip.
“He hasn’t been back to work since that night,” the young guy replied.
“Can you give us his name? Maybe an address,” Cyclops probed.
The bartender abruptly stopped what he was doing to look from one X-Man to the other a little suspiciously.
Finally he shrugged. “Sure, why not. I’ve had to cover for that asshole all week. Go scare the shit out of him.” He nodded towards Logan. “I’m sure you could.”
As he pulled out a pad and pen and began to write the information, the younger man commented, “That girl didn’t even leave with Dwight that night. She left with some other guy and let me tell you, Dwight was pissed.” Scott and Logan exchanged another look before Logan accepted the slip of paper from the bartender.
“Thanks, bub.”
~ X ~

Not long after, they pulled up to an ordinary looking brownstone and followed the address up to the third floor. When they got to the door it was already partially ajar.
“Hello,” Scott called out, but there was no answer. Logan swung the door open slowly and was immediately greeted with the stench of decaying flesh.
The two of them stepped inside.
“That smell can’t be good,” Scott commented as he held his sleeve to his nose and began looking at the scattered pictures on the walls and side tables while Logan shuffled through the stack of mail on the counter, both looking for anything that would help them to identify the woman.
There was nothing.
Finally Logan and Scott followed the awful smell into the only bedroom where they found a body lying stiffly on the bed. It was a shriveled up horror show. The kill was days, maybe even a week old, judging by the degree of rotting.
“This must be Dwight,” Logan deadpanned.
Scott visibly shuttered. “We’d better go,” he muttered.
“Yeah,” Logan agreed and they made their way back through the apartment. When they got back to the living room, though, Logan stopped as an eerie feeling crawled up his spin. His sharp eyes scanned the room. “I’ve been here before.”
“You remember it,” Scott asked,
“No, I can smell it,” he replied with a snarl as he caught the faint odor of his own blood, but there was no visual sign of it anywhere. And right along with it was the dank odor he had been looking for. Logan turned toward his team mate. “I tell you what, Scooter, I’m getting fucking sick of losing my memory.”
~ X ~

Logan and Scott returned to the mansion around late afternoon and Logan headed straight for ‘Ro’s room. When he got there he found her curled up in the bed and sleeping peacefully. He sat down on the bed and scratched the back of his head vigorously; trying to shake off his frustration and the horrible question of how many people he had actually killed. Eventually he shed his clothing down to his boxers and slipped under the covers. An unconscious growl slipped out of him when he curled his body around Ororo’s.
Bad idea…
Logan shut his eyes and tried to will away the hardening of his body nestled against Ororo’s soft rump. Unfortunately his will power was weak and Ororo’s sleeping was light. It wasn’t long before she turned around to face him and kissed his lips.
“I’m sorry I woke you,” he murmured.
She reached down to graze her hand over the tented front of his boxers. “The beast won’t be denied,” she whispered back provocatively.
Her choice of words made Logan wince and he pulled away as he was reminded once again of the reality of things. He rolled over onto his back and stared up at the ceiling, thinking to himself that if he was a real man he’d get up, leave, and never come back.
Ororo came closer and draped her body over his. “Logan, nothing will change the way I feel about you,” she promised and stroked his cheek.
His eyes met hers and his hand ghosted over the red splotches on her upper arm. “I don’t deserve that,” he replied huskily.
“No-one deserves it more,” She reassured softly.
~X~
Ororo looked into the doubting face of her lover and friend and her heart ached for him. What she wanted more than anything was to communicate to him that she would never turn her back on him.
She gave him a long lingering kiss before pulling back to slip out of her satin night gown. When she kissed him again, deeper this time, she began to rub her ample bosom against his softly furred chest.
Logan groaned and held her tightly to him and his tongue slipped invitingly into her mouth. Many moments later when the kiss ended Ororo whispered, “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours,” and began to wiggle out of her underwear. She was pleased to see a half smile grace his lips just before he followed suit.
~X~
That night around midnight Ororo and the others locked Logan into the danger room where he passed the time watching the TV projection that Scott rigged into the room. The rest of them passed the time watching Logan.
Two hours later Logan was sitting in a comfy chair that Ororo had programmed in for him and watching an infomercial beamed against the wall when his head jerked up.
Ororo, who had been watching him the closest, leaned forward.
Logan stood, looking around him frantically and a low growl rumbled in his chest.
Jean looked at Ororo with wide eyes. “Is it starting,” she asked, panic evident in her voice.
“Scott,” Ororo called frantically to the man who had fallen asleep on the control panel. She shook him when he didn’t respond, “Scott, she’s here!”
The team leader lurched awake. “What?”
“The vampire is here. Look… Logan senses her.”
The feral man continued looking around him wildly, his growl growing louder.
Then, without warning, Ororo felt a hand stroke through her hair. She sucked in a surprised breath and turned around quickly… but there no-one was there.
When she turned back around toward the danger room, the misty cloud was materializing in front of Logan.
“No,” Ororo almost sobbed.
“What is that?” Scott asked.
“It’s her,” she whispered back.
All at once, the mist transformed into the alluring woman and she circled Logan, stroking her hands over his body arousingly.
“Oh my God,” Jean said frightened and shocked.
“No,” Ororo yelled and began beating on the glass of the observation window.
The vampire smiled up at Ororo then leaned forward and sank her teeth into Logan’s neck. He tilted his head, giving her full access.
“No, no,” Ororo cried louder and banged harder.
A moment later Logan’s face began to painfully distort and his monstrous fangs showed themselves. The ghastly sight of his transformation made Jean scream.
Logan gave a loud, quick roar then sank the points of his fangs into the vampire’s shoulder.
“I don’t believe this,” Scott said in horror.
Just then the observation deck door opened and they all spun around to find the professor.
“I sensed an unfamiliar presence in the house,” he began then whispered, “Dear God,” as he took in the sight below.
Meanwhile the vampire had disrobed and stood gloriously naked before Logan. He took her in his arms, and began to caress her body hungrily.
“No,” Ororo screamed and before she could think about what she was doing, she raced for the door.
“Storm, no. Stay here,” Scott called out, but it was too late. She sprinted down the stairs and entered the code to unlock the danger room doors.
When they hissed open she ran in and screamed, “Logan.”
“Ororo,” Logan purred back as he looked at her over the other vampire’s shoulder.
The woman turned and eyed Ororo seductively. “Did you think you could keep him from me,” she questioned as her gaze locked on to and held Ororo’s.
Suddenly Ororo’s body felt limp and she swayed on her feet. The exotic creature came closer, baring her fangs and keeping the X-Woman trapped by the power in her eyes. And in that moment Ororo felt a swift and overwhelming desire to be consumed in every way by that dark figure.
“Such a strange creature,” the vampire hummed in her haunting vibrato. She reached out and ran her hands over Ororo’s breasts, then down her sides, and finally around to her behind where the other-worldly woman squeezed tightly. Ororo moaned softly in pleasure.
“Open to me,” the vampire commanded and the former goddess obediently turned her head to one side, exposing her neck. The beautiful vampire then buried her hands in Ororo’s hair and tugged sharply, pulling her head back even further and sinking her fangs into Ororo’s flesh while sensually licking her neck.
“Oh goddess, yes, please take me,” Ororo found herself pleading and the vampire laughed against her skin.
Seconds later the hairs on Ororo’s neck stood up in response to the guttural growl that sounded behind her. Logan had moved up soundlessly and began to press his face into her hair. Ororo reached up and looped her arm around his neck and moaned when the tip of one of his huge fangs sank into her back. She felt warm liquid pour out of the wound and he lapped it up almost lovingly.
“Ororo,” he rumbled softly as he tasted her.
It wasn’t long before Ororo felt her head start to swim. Was she dying? She quickly decided that it didn’t matter. She didn’t care, as long as she went like this.
It seemed to Ororo like she had been suspended between and fed upon by her two lovers for a lifetime when she heard something whistle overhead. Logan lifted his head and roared menacingly. The other vampire also looked up and hissed. Ororo followed the direction of their gazes over to the doors of the danger room where she saw Scott standing, aiming a crossbow in their direction. He released the wooden arrow at the vampire, but she simply vanished into mist. Scott quickly reloaded and aimed at Logan.
“Don’t,” Ororo pleaded weakly, her words barely audible.
Before Scott could shoot the third arrow, the predator mist gathered in front of him. His crossbow dropped to the floor as the vampire materialized and simultaneously grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off of his feet, high above the ground.
Logan growled terrifyingly and left Storm to run toward Scott. When he let go of her Ororo instantly slumped to the floor. She looked up and, realizing that Scott was in danger, summoned her strength to call to the air and commanded a strong wind to blow against Logan, preventing him from advancing. Logan popped his claws and roared furiously at Scott, but he couldn’t get any closer.
In the meantime, Scott was still in the vampires grasp gasping for air. When his beating fists did no damage to her grip he lifted a hand and touched his visor, striking the vampire with an optic blast. It burned a hole cruelly through her chest and she dropped him to the ground and looked down at herself in confusion.
Ororo saw her chance and, with her last bit of strength, commanded a gust of wind to blow Scott backward through the open danger room doors which instantly closed shut and locked.
Drained and exhausted Ororo remained still on the floor and watched as the vampire’s body healed itself, much the same way Logan’s would. At the same time Logan banged on the locked doors and began to slash at them with his claws. When Ororo saw that the heavy doors were no match for his adamantium she knew she had to distract him.
“Logan,” she whispered and he lifted his head. He turned around and, seeing her on the floor, came galloping on all fours toward her. He slid to a halt next to her and lifted her into his arms, his wild eyes traveling over her face.
The other vampire walked gracefully over to them. “Finish her,” she instructed Logan.
“No,” he barked back with a snarl.
She rested an authoritative hand on his head. “Then turn her and make her one of us.”
He tightened his grip on Ororo and a whine, much like a dog’s, sounded in his throat.
“It’s alright, Logan,” Ororo murmured and a tear slid down her cheek. “I love you.”
He whined again and nuzzled her face, and then with a loud angry roar he slid her to the ground and faced the vampire, claws shooting out threateningly.
Undaunted, the exquisite creature stood her ground and stared into Logan’s eyes, her gaze imprisoning him. She bared her fangs at him and ran a hand over his chest. “I’ll let you have your way… this once.”
A beat later the vampire looked down and saw a puddle of Ororo’s blood underneath her. The African swore that she was hallucinating when the vampire held out a beckoning hand and the blood levitated off of the floor into mid-air and then floated toward it’s mistress who slurped it into her mouth. Afterward she wiped the corner of lips with her pinky finger then commanded, “Come,” as she rose up off of the ground and turned into mist before passing through the doors of the danger room. Logan followed, quickly tearing open the doors with his claws and passing through.
As Ororo lay dying she hoped that Scott and the others, especially the children, would be safe.
TBC…

*Please review!*





You must login () to review.