Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel/X men or the characters. Just the story/plot!!

Surprise, Surprise

I have a little writer’s block so I wrote this one-shot to help get the creative juices flowing!!

[ ] is a thought

* * is a psychic conversation

Ororo lifted her head as her heart raced faster and goose bumps formed on the back of her neck. There is only one reason, rather one person that causes this reaction.

“Logan,” she whispered, knowing he could hear her.

“Hey darlin’,” Logan called from across the greenhouse. Ororo looked over her shoulder, watching her lover saunter towards her in jeans, a white wife beater, boots, and a leather Stetson. Her face flushed as he sniffed the air, knowing he could scent her arousal, and her surprise.

He stopped in his tracks and sniffed again, a smile slowly spread across his face. “You smell good enough to eat ‘Ro, better than usual. Almost sweeter…”

He droned off when she turned to the side, revealing a larger bust barely contained in one of his wife beaters and a small belly protruding where a flat stomach had once been.

Logan pulled his Stetson off and slowly walked up to her, when he reached ‘Ro he placed a shaky hand on her belly. Suddenly, a movement! Ororo gasped, as this was the baby’s first kick.

“Logan the baby kicked, its first kick!” Ororo squealed. Logan silently rubbed her belly softly, and fell to his knees,

“Why didn’t ya tell me? I would’ve…I…” Ororo tilted his head up and stroked his stubbled cheek. His hazel eyes watered as her blue ones gazed upon them.

“I didn’t want you to worry, because you needed to focus on the mission. I wanted to tell you or rather show you in person my love.”

“You…you are happy then? That it’s mine, I know this wasn’t planned. But I couldn’t think of a better mother for my kid.” Ororo felt a tear fall down her cheek, sad that Logan felt he wasn’t worthy and happy he wanted her as the mother of his child.

“Of course I am happy, the love of my life gave me a child and both are safe. You ARE worthy of happiness and a family Logan.” Logan clutched at ‘Ro and pressed his cheek against the shelter of his, their child!

He lifted her shirt and lightly skimmed his calloused fingertips over her soft stomach then placed a kiss on her now outie belly button. Ororo laughed and the sun shined brighter for a second. Logan stood up and pulled ‘Ro to him in a passionate kiss,

“Guess I have ta give ya yer surprise today then.” He laughed when ‘Ro raised her eyebrow at him. “Come on, its in my jacket in the kitchen. Do the others know yet about our lil half-pint?” Ororo felt her heart flutter at the word our, [God how I love this man!] She ran her fingers through her white hair smiling,

“No, only Hank knows and the professor. I wanted to tell you first, it was getting harder to keep it to myself I am afraid I no longer fit my clothes.”

“Any excuse to shop!” Logan teased, laughing when 'Ro smacked his arm on the way out of the greenhouse. “But I love your new shape and smell. Gets me going.” ‘Ro laughed putting a hand in his jeans back pocket,

“Everything gets you going my love.” Logan wiggled his eyebrows and wrapped his arm across her waist.

When they walked into the kitchen the professor had the team around the eating counter. Logan chuckled and shook his head, knowing Chuck knew the outcome already.

“Hey Chuck, everyone!” Logan greeted. Hello’s rang out and he pulled a small Tiffany’s box from his jacket. Jean gasped and felt a wave of jealousy go through her body.

She wished she didn’t feel this way, but she had Logan first. Ororo sat between Rogue and Scott when Logan placed the box in front of her on the counter.

“Wha…Lo...Logan?” she stammered, afraid to get her hopes up. She hoped against hope that she was not dreaming, the goddess would not be that cruel would she?

“Open it darlin’,” he urged, “I bought it after the mission, why ah took so long getting’ back.” Ororo’s hands shook as she opened the box she gasped along with Rogue when the most magnificent ring is unveiled. It was a 5 carat blue sapphire square cut, with 2 triangle 2 carat white diamonds on either side.

Logan took the ring and placed it on her finger, ‘Ro was silently crying. Everyone cheered as ‘Ro nodded ‘yes’, then Logan grasped her face and passionately kissed her. Jean felt a tear fall as she felt the last tie between her and Logan sever, Scott hugged her.

“I can’t believe it, he must really love her!” Scott whispered.

“Yeah, he does…” Jean trailed off as Ororo stood up with Logan’s help. “She’s not invalid Logan, she hates to be babied!” Logan frowned at Jean’s tone, but it went past Ororo; who was too happy to notice the tension between the two.

“It’s funny you should say that Jean, we have something to tell you all. Logan and I are expecting!” There was an uproar and everyone mobbed the pair.

“OMG!!!” Rogue, Jubilee, and Kitty squealed. Scott and Remy slapped a grinning Logan on the back. ‘Ro received a bear hug from Hank who had found out during a routine check up as the professor kissed her hand lovingly. The professor had seen their feelings blossom into a partnership, then a friendship, and into a relationship. Then he had felt the baby brush his mind, it was surprising and exhilarating! He cried the first time it happened and now the connection grows each day.

Jean felt the blood drain from her face and was trying not to cry. Rogue went over to her and pulled Jean into a corner. *Jean, you need to think of ‘Ro and Logan. Not ya self, Logan has made his choice and is happy. Ya made ya choice and are happy. Don’t make them miserable ‘cause ya want yuh cake too.*

Jean blushed deeply and nodded, knowing the young woman was right in her assessment of the situation. Plus ‘Ro was her best friend and was finally getting everything and deserved. She would finally get the family she so desperately wanted to call her own, especially after losing her parents so young.

Sure we were her family, but there was something about your own flesh and blood that resonated. Jean put on a true smile and walked up to ‘Ro. A smile blossomed on her friend’s glowing face as she put her milky hand on her chocolate belly.

“Oh!” Jean exclaimed as the baby moved, “Oh my god, Scott feel this! The baby moved!” Scott walked over and Jean placed his hand under hers, after a few beats the baby kicked. Scott laughed and met Jean’s eyes, Jean leaned forward and kissed him . “I can’t believe your sister is having a baby!”

Logan laughed as Jean and Scott felt for the baby over and over, Jean beamed at him. “Better hope it’s not a girl that’s built like ‘Ro, Logan. Poor little girl!” Scott, Hank, and Remy burst out laughing at Logan’s horrified face.

“It could be worse, she could look like Logan,” Charles joked. ‘Ro put her hands on the sides of her belly like she is covering her baby's ears,

“Don’t listen to them my child, you will be beautiful no matter who you look like.”

“You know I’ll love my grandchild no matter what,” Charles told Ororo who bent down and kissed his cheek. She then weaved through her family and friends to stare out the window, the sky was the color of her engagement ring. Smiling Ororo raised her hand at looked at it in awe. Suddenly she is enveloped in warmth, as Logan hugged her from behind, his hands drifting to her belly.

“Did you enjoy your surprise my love as much as I did mine?” Ororo felt Logan smile against her hair, then turn her in his arms.

“I’ll letcha know when I stop smilin’ darlin’!”






You must login () to review.