Storm awoke to the smell of eggs and bacon. She looked down to see that she was wrapped in a blanket and there was a pillow under her head. She looked around in confusion, wondering if her husband had found her. After a moment, she realized that she was still in the stranger's apartment. She rested back for a minute in relief. Anywhere was better than with her husband.

"Morning, darlin'," Logan called from the kitchen.

"Good morning, Logan," Storm answered timidly. He brought the breakfast over to her and they ate in silence. When they were done, Logan cleaned up and Storm headed for the shower- after asking Logan where it was. She looked into the mirror as she waited for the water to heat up, and sighed mournfully at the sight. Bruises, cuts, and scratches covered her back and shoulders. Most of them were old, but there were still a couple that were fresh, and those were the ones that were most painful. She stepped into the shower and almost moaned as the hot water hit her sore spots, relieving the pain.

When she was done, she wrapped herself in a robe- which Logan had assured her was freshly washed, and stepped out into the hallway. She saw that Logan was ready to go somewhere. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"I have some business to attend to," he replied, not unkindly. "Feel free to stay if you wish, I'm not gonna push you either way.

"Thank you, Logan," Storm replied, shocked by his kindness. He gave her a smile and then left.

SaS

By the end of the day, Storm was exhausted. She had tidied up the place a bit- Logan was no slob, so there was not really much to be done, aside from some dusting and vacuuming- and then went to the bank to make a withdrawal. She knew that was a risky move, but she didn't have much choice, and spent the money shopping for some clothes.

By the time he got back to the apartment, she collapsed on the couch, dozing off not too long afterwards. It turned out to be a fitful dream. Her husband was dressed up in his uniform, as he slammed her against the wall. She begged him to show her mercy. That was when he grabbed her by the hair and forced her onto her feet. He threw her inside a bare room. This all happened because she had accidentally burned the food.

The next thing she knew, the wind had been knocked out of her and she looked into the animalistic eyes of the creature who beat her regularly, instead of her husband. She squirmed beneath his weight, but nothing worked. He slapped her, catching her cheek with his claws, and leaving a couple of ugly marks. His teeth were bared and they started to come down toward...

A rough strong hand shook her shoulder, waking her from the nightmare. She gasped when she saw Logan there, not realizing who he was. "Take it easy, 'Ro," Logan said soothingly. "It's only me."

"I'm sorry," she said shakily. Logan went to the kitchen to get her a glass of water. "Drink," he told her.

She complied without hesitation.

"Do you mind me asking what it was about?" Logan asked when he was sure she was calm.

"Last week when I accidentally burned dinner," Storm replied. "I got distracted on the phone talking to a very dear friend of mine, and because of that, he sent me to Sabretooth."

"Who is Sabretooth?"

"A mutant that doesn't deserve to be called even remotely human," Storm said darky. "He mauls women in his past time, or so the rumor goes. I've seen what he's capable of, though, and only my husband has kept me from facing Victor Creed at his worst."

"Why don't you just leave the guy?"

"He said that if I ever tried, he would kill me," Storm replied with a shudder that shook her whole body. "And he means it. He won't do it himself, but he'll definitely have Sabretooth do it."

A/N: I'll probably expand this chapter but for now, this is what I got for ya.





You must login () to review.