Jean and Storm had adjoining suites, with a door that allowed them to go into each others room without going out in the hallway. "I'm heading into the shower!" Storm called through the crack in the door.

"Alright!" Jean replied. "By the way, I think your phone's ringing."

"Oh no!" Storm gasped, practically lunging for her phone in her purse.

"What?"

"I forgot to call Logan."

Jean laughed. "Some wife you are."

"Shut up!" Storm shot back, unsuccessfully holding back a giggle as she answered the phone. "Hi, darling," she answered sweetly.

"What happened to you'll call me when you land?" Logan asked in a manner that said he wasn't mad, but he was really worried. He really enjoyed grilling his wife sometimes though, so it was really in a mocking voice that he demanded it. "Red's already spoken to Scott twenty times already with that telepathy of hers."

Storm shot a glare Jean's direction as she heard Jean's laugh. "Got carried away with taking pictures," she said walking out on to the terrace. "Twenty times? She must've been in contact with him on the plane when she pretended to listen to music." After looking around to make sure the coast was clear, she called upon the winds to lift her up in the air.

R

Logan laughed. He picked up the sound of wind in the background, and he looked out the window of the Professor's office, imagining his beautiful wife flying through the sky. "Well, ya know telepath's: always reading someone's mind or communicating in some way."

R

"You would know, wouldn't you?" She smiled as Logan got silent for a moment and then chuckled as he changed the subject.

"So... pictures, eh?"

"Yes. A lot."

"Any of them with you..." he trailed off and Storm didn't need telepathy to know where his thoughts were at the moment.

"No, nothing like that, Logan," she said bemused. Then added seductively, "but you're welcome to join me over here, and we could make something out of it..."

"Nah, I think I'll wait here and give ya a welcome home present."

Storm smiled. "Be careful, Logan, I just might ruin your rep-" there was a sudden loud crash, and a muffled scream. Storm hid to the side of Jean's sliding glass door. "Logan..." she said, her voice suddenly becoming very quiet and overwhelmed with fear, "there's some one else here."

"What?" he demanded, anxiety lacing his voice. "Who?"

"I-I don't know..." she watched as Jean struggled with the attackers. Being a telepathic and telekinetic, she should've been able to fight them off with ease. Unless the attackers were somehow shielded from her telepathy, then she would have to rely on her telekinesis. But with so many attackers and so few objects, it was difficult to figure out to do, and soon the foes had her knocked out."Goddess," Storm gasped. "Logan... they got Jean."

"Storm, calm down, darlin'," Logan said soothingly. "How many are there?"

"Three, maybe four."

"Where are you?"

"On the terrace."

"Can you get to your room?"

"Yes, hold on." Calling upon the winds again, she flew to her suite and into the bedroom. She had a limited amount of hiding spots, and all of them were going to be tight corners. She decided the closet would be the best choice, and closed the door, locking it. "I'm back..." she said, trying to calm her breathing. She hated enclosed spaces. "Logan...I-I'm scared."

"I know, 'Ro, but you gotta stay wit' me, darlin'," Logan said. "Are you in the closet or somethin'?"

"Yes."

"Just relax and imagine that I'm there," Logan told her soothingly. Storm knew that this was just to keep her calm and her powers under control; but, she knew he was ragin inside. Angry at himself for not being there to protect her. "Did you meet anyone?"
he suddenly asked.

"Francois. He took pictures of me and Jean, and invited us to a party."

"Did he see where you were staying?"

"Yes. But, he didn't know our rooms, just the floor- Jean gave it to him."

Logan sighed, the sigh she would usually hear when Logan was making a tough decision. "Do you trust me, 'Ro?" This was going to be the toughest decision he ever made.

"Yes," Storm said after a moment's hesitation.

"Listen ta me closely, darlin', okay? They're goin' ta take you- but, no matter what, I will find you." The door to the bedroom opened, and Storm became deathly quiet. The only thing that told Logan she was still on the line was her soft ragged breathing that only someone with enhanced senses could pick up. A faint by distinctive voice began to speak. "Put the phone on the ground so that I can hear."

Storm obliged him, putting it down painfully slow.

"She's here somewhere," a female voice said. "We'll post someone outisde the door so that we can nab her later."

The door closed, but Logan knew that this was a ruse to draw her out. "There's at least one still left behind," he said, his anger just barely being contained. "When they get you, I want you to scream at the top of your lungs all the physical features you see. One more thing, 'Ro... I love you."

"I love you, too," she said, so quietly that he almost missed it. That was when the closet door opened, and she automatically dropped the phone, and sprung into action; her powers going on overload.

There was a blinding flash of light has lightning forked the sky, flashing from her hands also as her eyes turned milky white. That was when someone grabbed her. She shocked him, but realized that his clothes were insulated. These guys had come seriously prepared. She wasn't able to see who held her, but she could see his accomplices running in. "Tall... dark hair... red skin..." she gasped as the person turned her around, and she gasped in fear. "Sa-" he smashed her against something, and everything went black.

R

Logan waited a moment before speaking. "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my wife and her friend go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

"Good luck," someone replied, closing the phone.

"Scott!"


Chapter End Notes:
A/N: I had to edit the fight scene a bit, but hopefully it still suffices.



You must login () to review.