Author's Chapter Notes:
And the madness continues.
Oh dang! Miss Munroe stopped me in the upstairs hall to ask if anyone has seen Logan. And it didn't seem like a good thing. The papers in her hand and the inflection of her voice told me she wasn't exactly pleased.

I hadn't seen him, but ... I was inclined to follow her to see what comes of this when she does find him.

Didn't have to follow far. She's found him sitting in the kitchen eating a huge sandwich and drinking, what else, his favorite beer.

I'm not dumb I consider myself the top authority on these two. I walk into the large pantry and observe under the pretense of looking for something in particular.

She slaps the papers down in front of his plate on the table.

He gives her a sideways glance without turning his head and continues guzzling his beer.

You'd think with all that metal in his body the man would have the sense to at least be a little more ... I don't know, concerned! Okay I gotta pay attention.

"Logan," frostily.

"Storm," raises goosebumps.

She crosses her arms over her chest and levels him with a hard stare.

He raises one brow and leans back in his chair. This time his eyes travel the length of her.

She exhales; loudly.

"Something I can do fer ya?"

"I doubt very seriously if you would do what I really want you to, so I guess filling out these projection sheets for this quarter and last will have to suffice. The Professor needed them a month ago. Really Logan you are the only one who has to be coddled to do the necessary paper work around here."

He leaned back further and just continued to stare at her.

"I'll expect to have these on my desk by evening," she turns to walk away.

Before she could take a step he is out of his chair and grasps her wrist. She's definitely startled if her gasp is any indication. He's so close to her, his breath moves her hair at her ear, "What is it you would really like me ta do Storm?"

Holy cow, I hold my breath to hear better.

"What?"

"You said I wouldn't do what ya really want ... what is it?"

She leans in close, nearly touching his lips with her own. I think I hear him growl. I strain to hear. She whispers, "Go. To. Hell." She snatches her arm away and walks out.

He turns around and slams the table with both palms. Then as an afterthought his head turns in my direction. His eyes close in a tight squint. I hear his heavy exhale and low rumbling growl. He too departs, choosing the outdoors instead of Miss Munroes in house path.

Wow. I mean wow. The tension between those two is mega thick. Not to mention super charged. I know I'm missing something there. I just can't figure out what. Somehow it seems to be too obvious, but I don't know what it is. Man this is too good. I can't keep this stuff to myself.

I rush out of the room. I have to talk to someone. They'll never believe what I just witnessed, but at least I will prove what I have been saying all along. Logan and Miss Munroe would be dynamite together.

This place is full of people. But most of them are babies, too young to understand the complexity of the knowledge I have about the chemistry between our two hottest teachers. That won't hinder my aim to find someone who will get an inkling as to what I have to expose.

"Whoa, whoa ... slow down," in my haste I have rushed right into Mr. Summers, who clasps my shoulders to keep me from stumbling, "where's the fire?" We don't want anyone getting hurt. Try to be careful."

I stammer around him as I always do, he's just so hot, "Uh sorry, I didn't mean ... I uh will try ... uh ... sorry," I'm a rambling idiot. i hear a low giggle. Great Miss Grey is with him and I never even noticed her. She smiles kindly at me. I'm sure she's picked up on my thought about him being hot. Freakin' wonderful. I walk off, slowly till I round a corner, then it's back to full speed ahead.

I had no idea where my feet were taking me till I find myself climbing the stairs that lead to the roof. The teachers don't know it, but this is where us kids go to hang out. Hey don't knock it. It's actually pretty cool. No one bothers us and we can see for miles and almost every vantage point of the school is at our perusal. Yeah we know this place houses some pretty fantastic rec rooms and fancy lounge areas, but the roof belongs to just a few of us. You know ... the elder kids. Us kids who have been around the block and know a thing or two about stuff.

I finally get the door opened and I freeze for a second. Great now my eyes are gonna be burning for a week, I walk up on Bobby and Kitty in a make out session. Geesh! As they break apart they both look at me like I'm the one who needs to be hosed down.

"Gosh, interrupt much," Bobby groans.

"Trip over Kitty's tongue much," I reply.

Kitty stands there looking for all the world like she just wants to sink into the ceiling, while she rubs one arm up and down nervously.

"Look I didn't come up here to start a fight. I got information that has to be shared..."

"What is it this time, you catch the Professor talking to blue aliens again," Bobby throws his head back and laughs, or did you single handedly depower Magneto?"

I cross my arms over my chest and rubber neck him before I answer, "Well if you must know, it's better than both of those things." Now I'm gonna make them beg so I shut up.

For the first time Kitty speaks up, "Okay, what are we missing? It's plain you want to tell us real bad."

"Since you asked I saw Logan and Miss Munroe practically making out in the kitchen. That is till they realized I was there. Then they parted like the Red Sea."

Kitty eyes me suspiciously.

"Hate to break it to you kid, but the two of them don't even know the other one exists," Bobby retorts.

"Must I always be th only one with the low down as to what goes on around this place," I thump Bobby on his forehead, with the palm of my hand.

"Hey, whatcha do that for," he rubs his head.

"Hold on, hold on. Just what did you see exactly," Kitty asks wisely.

I take her hand and go to sit in our usual spot on the roof, kind of in an old Indian Pow Wow style. Before I start talking we are joined by Rogue, (Miss touch of death), Warren (the other most appealing piece of eye candy here), Peter (our very own tin Atlas) and Kurt (the sweetest little devil you will ever meet).

Quickly I catch them all up to speed and proceed with my latest tantalizing tidbit.

"And that's when I left and came here to find you guys," I'm pleased with myself, I've grown almost six inches taller.

"Gal I don't know where ya come from, but that sounds more like an I don't like ya very much throw-down instead of a spit swappin' session," Rogue throws in her two rusty cents, but pardon me that and three more will still make her two dirty pennies short.

The cute little blue elf chimes in, "Ja, pardon me fraulein, but nicht wahrscheinlich love makes, sounds to be."

"It's a good thing you are so cute," I throw back, barely able to understand what he was trying to say.

"Well apparently it was one of those I guess you had to be there type of things," Warren gives me one of his earth moving smiles. Man is he hot. Stay with the topic girl, feet on the ground. I take a deep breath.

Bobby rubs the back of his neck before he decides to speak, "Look guys her view may not be as off as you think. We all know there is more to the two of them than they let on and besides the old saying of opposites attract just doesn't apply in their case. They are just too freakin' similar to ignore one another. The chemistry between them has got to be near nuclear explosion."

"But you forget one thing my friend," Peter spoke up, "he seems to be into red heads and she has no interest in anyone."

"Uh Pete, that's two things," I interject.

"Don't you get it ... that's only on the surface, or what they want us to see. I'm telling you there is something going on there and we need to find out what." I take the time to look each one of them in the eye.

"I'm in," says Bobby, "if they say there is nothing there then we need to help things along by opening their eyes to their blindness."

"Finally! Someone connects the dots. That little thump on your head stir some smart cells."

"I'm on your side, catch a clue ... ease up on the ego." He reaches out and pinches my cheek. Now that hurts, tells me I am thought of as the baby of the group. I'll save that argument for another time, right now we have a Jr. X-men mission and I'm too excited. Don't mean I aint smart enough to be scared almost witless.

"So Jubes," Kitty looks at me, "do you have a master plan, or are we playing this by ear?"





You must login () to review.