A/N: hola! Phew it's been awhile since I updated this story. Got some new ideas for the future chapters, so I need to update.

"What exactly does that mean?" Bobby asked.

"It means that this ain't no accident," Logan replied stiffly. Bobby knelt down next to the flowers, and then turned back to Logan.

"Doesn't your wife sell these?" He asked.

Logan thought about it for a minute, then nodded. "I'll ask her about it when I get home."

Hank, meanwhile, finished the preliminary before putting the body in a body bag, and driving back to the morgue.

CaM

Logan drove home with lunch for him and his wife, not very hungry, but he knew he should try to eat something for 'Ro's sake. Once he got home, though, his mood brightened. Storm was still in her nightgown, resting against on the couch.

"Any news?" She asked.

Logan shook his head. "I have to go in early tomorrow. Looks like there's a serial killer on the loose."

"I thought the other killing was an accident?" Storm asked, looking over the couch at him.

"So did we," Logan replied, heading over to the couch and cradling her in his arms. "Until the same exact thing happened today, and this time the killer left flowers and a note."

"Flowers?" Storm asked. She knew couldn't ask for specific details, but since plants were in her department, she would probably be the first one to be consulted in that.

Logan nodded. "I think they're Wildflowers," he continued. "Did you sell any recently?"

"Yesterday," Storm replied. "He paid cash- as most of my costumers do- so I don't know his name."

"Do you think you could describe him?"

"Of course I can," Storm answered eagerly. "He was hitting on me after all."

"Did you tell him you were married?"

"Flashed my ring at him, but he didn't seem to get the message."

"You should've told him you were married to a cop," Logan grumbled, possessively pulling her closer to him.

Storm chuckled. "That would just scare him off."

"Exactly."

"As much as I appreciate it, darling, I still have a business to run."

Logan laughed. "Can you at least describe him to me?"

"How can I forget him? He's tall, built like you and he has long blonde hair and sharp teeth." Logan paused for a moment, knowing he knew this guy. A person from his past that he's tried to forget for the longest time. Storm looked at with concern. "What is it, Logan?" She asked.

"Nothing," Logan replied, coming back to the present. "Just thinking, that's all."

"Well, you can stop you're thinking, because I do have a surprise for you."

Logan perked up. "What would that be, darlin'?" He asked.

"I'm eight weeks pregnant," she whispered seductively in his ear.

He looked at her incredulously. "You're kidding me."

Storm shook her head. "Nope. I was at the doctor's yesterday, and she confirmed it." Logan didn't know what to say or do. He just kissed her passionately on the lips. When they finally broke for air, Storm looked into his eyes deeply. "What was for?" She asked, running her hands through his hair.

"For making me the happiest man on earth," he said, kissing her again. They held it for as long as they could, before Logan scooped up his wife and took her to the bedroom.

CaM

"What are we going to do about your work hours?" Storm asked a couple of hours later. "I don't want you coming home late, and not being able to spend time with our child."

Logan thought about it for a moment. He knew he probably was going to have to work less, if he wanted any time with his family. It was hard enough to spend time with his wife with his schedule; with a baby on the way, he knew he was going to have to work something out with the captain. "I'll talk to the captain about it," he told her, stroking her moonlight hair back; enjoying the feel of her smooth skin against his touch. "He's very understanding, and I'm sure he won't mind, unless there was a dire emergency at hand."

"Good," Storm sighed. "This means we might also get some more alone time." Logan looked at her and saw the familiar seductive gleam in her eye. He couldn't resist, and started to kiss her passionately; trailing from her lips to her neck. She moaned, roaming her hands across his broad chest.

Storm was out about an hour later. Logan was still wide awake, with Storm pressed against him, enveloped in his arms. He was having trouble falling asleep, because he was worried about the guy who came to see her. If this guy really was the murderer, then he had a problem. He wasn't going to ask her to bump up security, because then people would get suspicious, and not want to buy the flowers- and there was no way he was going to ruin his wife's business. However, maybe he could ask her to take in one of the undercover's that were dormant right now. He knew Rogue was on leave and wasn't going to be sent on any missions right away... plus the girl owed him a favor... he looked at the time, seeing that it was almost midnight.

Storm shifted as he rested his head against her. "You okay?" she asked tiredly.

"Fine, 'Ro," he said, stroking her cheek. "Go back to sleep." She rested her head against the pillow and was out like a light. Logan did the same, and slept peacefully until morning.

A/N: Not exactly 1,000 words, but it's close enough. This chapter does not seem to like me.





You must login () to review.