They spent the night driving and at some point Ororo had fallen asleep. She began to stir when she felt the car slow down. When her eyes fluttered open she saw a Forrest of green trees and could smell the fresh air. She sat up straight and saw a lake with a deer drinking from it. With nature all around her she felt relaxed and at piece. She looked over at Logan to see him driving lost in his own thoughts but seemingly relaxed.

"What ya thinking?" She asked softly touching his knee.

"That we made great time, an I missed home" he answers holding her hand.

"We're going to your hometown?" She ask stretching her arms

"Naw....but I did find it last year, and my family house. I got the keys to it since I'm the only one left, we can go see it if ya wanna. But we're goin ta my cabin....it's got food, Internet and cable" he says driving onto a dirt road. "Bout another three minutes" he says

"Ok" she says. Then they approach a clearing and there it is. It's like a Lincoln log cabin with a wrap around porch. There is a well and a little tool shed. He has a endless supply of firewood on the side of the house. Logan parks in front of the house and and gets out. He hurries to her side and opens the door to help her out. He carries her into the cabin bridal style and kicks the door closed behind him. They're both laughing at this point. He sits her down on the couch and joins her. Ororo looks around the house. It has black leather sofas and a lazy boy recliner. An oak coffee table with a few books and remote controls on it. She looks in the kitchen and sees a stove, refrigerator and a table for two. She could see down the hall with obviously lead to a bathroom and his bedroom. It smelled like pine and his beloved cigars. And it felt like home.

"What ya think?" He asked nervously

"It's very comfortable....and you" she says kissing him

"It's me?" He asked raising an eyebrow

"Yes your comfortable" she says sinking into the sofa.

Logan goes to get their bags from the car. Ororo goes down the hall and finds the bathroom. After she finishes and washes her hands she sees Logan walking to the bedroom and follows him. The bedroom has a huge California king bed and a flat screen on the wall. And a dresser with a few pictures on it. She picks up the frame and sees a younger Logan in an army uniform smiling with other guys holding rifles. And it's another picture of what she assumes are his parents. A tall, thin dark haired man with a warm smile and kind eyes. And an average height woman with not as dark hair and Logan's grin.

"Ya hungry?" He ask coming up behind her hugging her.

"Yea, I could eat" she answers intertwining her fingers with his.

"Lets go to the store for some grocery and we can pick something up on the way home" he suggest hold his hand out to her. She takes it and they head out the door. They stop at a local grocery store and select their groceries. At the check out while in line they realize they forgot milk Ororo hurries to get some. They're some guys behind them.

"Damn, I'd hit that in a heartbeat" one of the jackass guys in a frat shirt and a backwards baseball said. Logan's eyes narrowed.

"Fuck yea dude...." His frat brother agrees and they high five each other and laugh. Logan feels his knuckles itch. Ororo returns with the milk just as the cashier begins to ring them up. She can see he is tense. She touches his shoulder and he looks at her with dialated eyes. She knows his beast is waking up. After they pay they load up the jeep. Logan pulls her to him and buries his face in her neck.

"Mine" he growls holding her to him tightly

"I know" she says stroking his back. Logan takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself. The ride home is silent, not awkward silence but not comfortable silence either. When they arrive they put the groceries away and Logan goes outside. Ororo follows him.

"Logan, what happend" she ask. He just grunts and continues drinking his beer. She steps up to him and puts her arms around him. Hugging him from behind she kisses the back of his head. Logan closes his eyes and purrs at her touch. Ororo knows he's a grunting and purring type of guy anyway but the sound lets her know if she's dealing with her Logan or her wolverine. Logan didnt trust his beast around her, but the times she had seen his beast, he was sweet to her as a beast can be. He was the one that gave her flowers first. From the sound of it she knew it was wolverine still in control. "Did those guys say something to you?" She ask. She felt him tense up and knew they struck a nerve.

"Mine" he sad turning to face her.

"I know.....what do you wanna do?" She asked. She thought back to her childhood in Africa and remembers watching animals choose their mates. It was fascinating to her to see how they chose another animal to be with for life. They new couple would often disappear into the woods and the female would return with a mark on her somewhere. Then it hit her Logan's beast needed to mark her so other males would know she's taken. Logan turned her around her back to his chest and he moved her hair, his finger traced from her neck down to her shoulder. He kissed the nape of her neck and held her to him. He took her by the hand and slowly lead her into the house. They ended at the bedroom door. Logan picked her up and opened the door. He shut it softy with his foot. He walked over and laid her on the bed softly.

"Mine" he said softly before kissing her.





You must login () to review.