Logan and hank looked out over the vast lands and green hills of Africa. Logan lights a cigar to calm his nerves. Hank stretches and yawns. He looks over at Logan and sees him antsy. Not in an itching for battle kind of way or missing Ororo way but like he's growing agitated.

"My friend, is everything ok?" Hank ask raising a blue eyebrow.

"Yea blue.....I'm.....um.....I'm just here for support you do the talkin....I'm no good with this shit and chuck know it, why he didnt send Jeannie or someone wit ya?" Logan ask.

"Come on Logan you and I know jean cant fly right now." Hank says incredulously

"So ya know" Logan ask.

"Well yeah.......poor girl.......damn Scott" hank says with sadness in his voice. "I don't even think he knows"

"Last I knew he didn't" Logan adds puffing his cigar

"At least she has Ororo to keep her company and help her out" hank adds sounding hopeful. "So when can we expect little ones from the great wolverine......of course the government would have to retrain cops and soldiers if they take after you but everyone loves babies"

Both men laugh. Logan chokes a little on his water, hank wipes tears from his eyes. Logan ponders the thought of children. It doesn't scare him like he thought it would. He's open to the idea, just not sure about Ororo, but that's a conversation for later.

"Well blue....I guess when ever she's ready I'll be ready to" Logan says confidently "but right now I just like to practice. Plus wit Jeannie's baby I'm sure we can give her an off day sometimes and we can see how we'd be"

Hanks astounded by his friend. They notice The black bird starting to descend. And buckle up for landing. After a smooth landing Logan thinks of just staying in the black bird and letting hank go do all the talking but decides to be a grown up and just do what he has to. The door to the black bird opens and they are immediately sweating from humidity. Especially poor hank.

"Good afternoon gentlemen!" They are greeted by a man in a suit. "I am Christopher and I will be assisting you. Let us make our way inside, it is far too hot outside, even by African standards"

"Well yes, I agree" hank says smiling and shaking his hand. The men make their way inside to the central air. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief. "I'd like to properly introduce myself, I'm Dr. Hank McCoy. And this is my colleague James Howlette." Logan nods his head and shakes his hand.

"Nice to meet you both. King T'challa is relaxing from his afternoon tennis match, he will be with you in a few minutes, after he changes." Christopher says ushering them to sit down in an office. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Water please" hank says

"Me too" Logan says trying not to sound too gruff. Christopher leaves the room to get water. Hank notices Logan shifting in his seat, he shoots him a look to get him to calm down.

"Relax...." Hank says softly

"I don't do diplomacy" Logan grunts.

"Ok gentlemen" Christopher says placing water bottles in front of them. "King T'challa is being dressed to meet with you."

Logan nods his head but frowns internally. He wonders what kind of grown man can't dress himself.

"Wonderful" hank says. Christopher leaves the room again. Logan and hank look at each other. Hank sighs heavily and Logan's face is blank.

"I'm goin ta kick chuck ass" Logan mumbles.

"If this guy is as much work as I'm guessing I might help you" hank agrees.

After waiting for another fifteen minutes. The door opens. They see Christopher walking in first, then two men in black suits enter and stand on either side of the door with their arms to their sides. Then a tall man with a white suit walks in with a look of arrogance.

"Really" Logan thought to himself "really ro......this jackass" Logan mentally rips him apart.

"Hello I am King T'challa of Wakanda." He says extending his hand to hank. Hank stands up and shakes his hand. Logan stands and shakes his hand to as he is being introduced. As Logan stands he is sizing T'challa up mentally. The king stands at about 6'5 easily towering over Logan's 5'3 and a half frame. "So you gentlemen want to make wakanda your ally?"

"Yes we do actually" hank says before going into some long speech about how it would be good for his kingdom. T'challa sinks into the chair and nods his head listening rubbing his chin. Logan's nose slightly crinkles at the smell of his arrogance.

"So it is a lot of you?" T'challa asks.

"Yes we have a team who is highly qualified" hank answers.

"I'd like to meet them all before I commit.....but It feels promising. What about you Mr. Logan? You are very quiet man.......what do you think about us forming an ally with your team?" T'challa ask spinning his chair to face Logan more directly.

Logan feels his mouth go dry and his knuckles itch. He doesn't want to be in the same room with this guy, let alone talk to him about forming a friendship. His sighs mentally. "I think it would be good for both parties" Logan says trying not to grunt. T'challa looks at him through narrow eyes and nods before returning his attention to hank. Logan clinches his jaw and looks down. He sees his knuckles are blood red and can feel his claws beginning to slightly rip his skin apart. Logan closes his eyes and takes a deep breath willing his claws back into his forearms he slightly grimaces as the claws rip slowly through his muscles.

"Gentlemen I have enjoyed you and I feel we can make good friends but it is getting late and my wife will nag and nag if I miss another dinner. Shall we finish our meeting in the morning hours?" T'challa says raising from his seat.

"Certainly" hank says standing to shake his hand. Logan reluctantly stands up and shakes T'challa's hand.

"Good good, a servant will take your dinner order when you get to your room. Have anything you please" T'challa says before exiting. Their guide comes back and takes them to their rooms. Logan goes to his bag and pulls out his phone and plugs it up. He checks his messages and text. Then he goes to his Skype app. He notices Ororo is on. He calls her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's early morning at the mansion. Ororo is sleeping but is woken up by hearing her Skype go off on her computer that rest on her side table. She fell asleep in the middle of a game of solitary. Not really knowing who it is but having a feeling she answers the call turning her light on rubbing her eyes. Logan smirks at his sleepy head.

"Hey darlin" Logan says looking in the camera

"Hey" she says sleepily "how's it going?"

"Well it's going" Logan says. He kicks off his boots and gets in bed. A knock on his door comes after ten minutes. "Hold on babe" Logan goes to answer. He tells the servant what he wants to eat and goes back to talk to his mate.

"Umm Logan....what did you order?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"A Canadian steak burger" Logan says grinning

"Babe....what is a Canadian steak burger" Ororo asks

"Shit ion know.....he said I could have whatever I wanted.....I want a Canadian steak burger" Logan says giving her his halfway smile that melts her every time. Ororo just rolled her eyes and laughed.

Outside Logan's door a young servant was cleaning in the hallway. She gassed as she felt a hand go up her uniform dress. She turned and saw T'challa with his finger over his lips telling her to be quiet. She nodded. He pushed her up against the wall by Logan's door and began to make out with her. "You take care of me and I you" he said as he put a few rolled up hundreds in her top. She hurried off and T'challa smiled. Then he stopped after he seemingly heard a ghost.

"So babe, when are you coming home to me?" She asked pouting.

"Not soon enough darlin, hopefully everything here gets wrapped up soon and I'll be back" Logan says reassuringly "when I get back maybe we can head back to Canada" he suggest

"That sounds fun" she says. Logan smiles watching her eyes light up.

T'challa recognizes the voice. It's Ororo the girl he let get away, now she's with this man. He wouldn't stand for it. He'd make arrangements to meet the while team as soon as possible.





You must login () to review.