Logan woke up in the middle of the night and sighed to himself. He was embarrassed that he lost it the way he did. He was scared at the thought of hurting Ororo. Even his beast held his head down a little lowly at the thought of her hurt by him. Usually after an outburst like he had earlier he would go on a vacation but now he couldn't just leave in the middle of the night and return when he was ready. But now he couldn't just go, he had a family to care for. He felt Ororo turn in her sleep,he smiled to himself at how cute he thought she looked. She curled herself into him.

"Logan" she says groggily

"Yea darlin" he says rubbing her back trying to soothe her back to sleep

"Why are you up?" She ask softly exhaling at his relaxing touch.

"Thinkin on stuff" he says softly

"Like what" she says looking up at him. She hears him swallow and inhale hard. She furrows her brow.

"I scared myself ro. I could have hurt ya and I couldn't live with myself if I hurt ya" he says softly

Ororo felt the conflicting tone to his voice. She had thoughts of the worse thing that could happen since she found her piece of mind. Logan leaving her.

"What are you saying?" She ask wearily

"I'm saying that I'm not sure about this mansion life ro..............I need ta be in a more nature focused environment and I can feel that you do too. Come with me" he ask holding her close to him. Ororo let out a breathe that she didnt know she was holding. Of course she would go with Logan, she would follow that man into hell if he asked her but now with all the politics of T'challa being the mansion house guest she wouldn't feel right just leaving with no word to anyone.

"I'll go with you, but we talk about the details more when we are more awake. And we tell professor where to reach us." She says softly. Logan is quiet for a moment taking in her words.

"Ok darlin" he kisses her and watches her drift back to a peaceful sleep and he joins her.

......later that morning.......

Ororo and Logan wake up and shower together. Ororo is combing her hair when she notices Logan laying across the bed half dressed looking at the ceiling. She feels a slight tingle on her collar bone where she was bitten and the need to go to him overcomes her. She walks over to the bed and sits next to him. She lovingly moves the hair from his eyes so she can she his grey eyes. He looks at her and smiles a little.

"Talk to me" she says softly

"I don't want ya hurt ro" he says turning to face her. "I can't trust me around ya.....I showed ya that last night"

"You didnt hurt me Logan." She says resting her head on his chest rubbing her hand over his stomach.

"I didnt? You ain't scared of me" he ask

"Should I be?" She answers back. He pulls her closer to him.

"No.....don't be" she said reassuringly

"Love, what are we going to do? Are we staying on the team or are we going to play a less active role and be in Canada?" She ask

"I'd like that......not completely gone from the team but only for extreme life or death situations. Or if chuck want ya to go talk...why he always send ya to go talk?" He ask stretching his arms over his head.

"I don't know, but I don't mind. So when do we leave?" She ask picking up his boots from the middle of the floor and putting them in the closet.

"Soon as we talk to chuck" he says taking her hand "lets go"

They head downstairs to the library and find Charles reading a book and drinking tea. He looks up almost startled.

"Hello Logan and Ororo, I didnt hear you come in" he says "have a seat"

They sit down across from him give each other comforting looks.

"Chuck, we need to talk" Logan starts off "me and ro been talking and we've decided that we wanna take a break, not completely off the team just in the reserves"

Charles nods his head listening to Logan talk and he can feel the connection between them has grown stronger. He knows that they would both come back at first hint of danger or even just to visit so he wasn't worried. "So is it safe to assume you will reside in Canada?"

"Yes Charles. That's the plan." Ororo answers and Logan nods.

"Ok then, you both have me blessing"

Logan and Ororo smile and hug Charles as they leave the library. Ororo squeezes Logan's hand pulls away from him. "I'm going to see jean."

"Ok darlin, ima go see Marie"

Ororo knocks on jeans door. She hears jean walking to the door.

"Hey what's up? Come in" jean says happily. Ororo can see her stomach looking a little round and smiles.

"Jean your showing a little" she says happily

"I know." She smile touching her stomach. "Scott asked me if I wanted to go jogging....his way of calling me fat. I was going to tell him I'm pregnant but emma interrupted.....I know she knows"

"Jean....do you and Scott still have your link open?" Ororo ask

"Yea. Why?......ohhhhh" jean says nodding

"Your a genius" she says "does my baby have a middle name yet?"

"Actually he does....it's Charles" Ororo shoots back

"I like it.....it flows. Nathan Charles Grey" jean says nodding. "So when are you and Logan leaving"
Ororo raises an eyebrow. "Sorry roro but I can't control it all the time now, I get too tired and its the first thing on your mind, I didnt see anything else"

"How do you feel about it?" Ororo ask

"I'm ok. We have Skype and text and phone" she says smiling. They talk for a little while and Ororo feels at peace. Then they hear a knock on jeans door.

"Hey Jeannie. It's me scott" the women look at each other with confused looks.

"What slim?" Jean says with out moving.

"Slim" Ororo says quietly to jean. Jean gives her a not now look.

"Umm hey....can I come in" he says softly

Jean looks at Ororo. Ororo nods her head for her to let Scott in. She gets up and hugs jean as she heads to the door.

"Hey roro, can I ask you a question." Jean ask

"Yea anything. " she says before she reaches the door

"Can I make a link to you, in case of emergency." She ask almost sheepishly

"Of course" Ororo says. "Let me know how it goes." She opens the door and says hi to Scott before going to the loft.

Logan's standing outside of Marie's door but smells gambit heavily. He frowns as he knocks. Marie answers the door looking a little winded and smelling like Cajun.

"What's goin on?" He ask

"Well ya came here ta mah door" she says smiling

"I did huh....well ummm.....me and ro are takin time off..." He says not as gruff as he usually is.

Marie sighs and hugs him. "Be safe Logan. Ima miss ya"

"Ima miss ya too kid. Take care of ya self.......or should cajun be takin care o ya" he says

She looks at him and smiles. "Well ya take care of ya spouse Logan"

He nods. Then his face scrunched at the realization "spouse?"

She just nods. Logan hugs her against before going to the loft. Shaking his head to himself. When he gets to the loft he sees Ororo has already gotten their bag packed. He pulls her to him and kisses her softly. "Yea ready?"

"When you are" she says looking into his eyes

"Lets do it" he says softly.

They load up and gas the jeep up and hit the road to their new life. But little too their knowledge they were being watched by amber eyes.





You must login () to review.