They arrive in canada the next day tired from their journey but happy to be in their home. Not that they don't feel at home in the mansion, it's just the comfort of it only being two of them being able to tend to each other. Ororo sits on the couch and exhales softly. Logan puts their bags in the bedroom and joins her on the couch. He puts his arm around her and pulls her close to him.

"Ya ok" he ask kissing her head. She nods her head and closes her eyes. "I know it's been rough but it's behind us now darlin"

"I know and I was wondering where do we go from here?" She ask looking into his eyes

"We press start" he says holding her close to him.

-------------6 months later------------

Logan has found work as a lumberjack and Ororo is a homemaker. Logan is starting his day in the shower and Ororo is making his lunch. He gets out of the shower to find his clothes hanging up. He smiles to himself. Even though she does it everyday it never gets old to him. He pulls on his clothes and goes to the kitchen. He wraps his arms around her waist she smiles at his touch and he kisses her shoulder. He places his palm over her stomach pulling her to him.

"Well good morning to you Mr. Howlette" she said softly.

"And good mornin' ta you too Mrs. Howlette" he says before kissing her. They had woken up one morning and decided they wanted to be married. He kisses her wedding band.

"Your coffee is ready" she says pulling his mug from the cabinet. "I don't know how you drink that stuff with nothing in it"

"Cause Im a man darlin" he says smirking. "Ya heard from Jeannie"

"Yeah, she told Scott but Emma convinced him that it's not his baby so he says its not his baby....she's crushed" Ororo sighs and sits at the table with her husband. Logan just shakes his head.

"That boy stupid....the baby smell just like him. But ah forgot not everyone smells like ah do" he says while still shaking her head. "What do you have planned for today"

"Grocery store and I have to go pay bills then I'm going to get your new house key." She says before kissing him. "That was the weirdest thing the other day"

Logan nods in agreement. They had come home from a movie and their home had been invaded.nothing was missing, except for some of Ororos underwear.They both found that odd especially since there closest neighbor was 15 miles away. Logan finishes getting ready for work and kisses his wife. As he goes to his truck a strange but familiar scent hits his nose. He can't place it at the time but he knows that it isn't pleasant. He goes to work with his stomach in a few knots trying to figure out what or who that scent belonged to.

Ororo went bak to sleep for a few hours before starting her outings for the day. When she woke up she showered and dressed and sat at the table to make her list. She began to feel a tingle in her mind

"Hey jean" she thought to the link.

"He called me a whore!" She mentally sighed "then informed me he and Emma are moving to Boston and that me and my bastard baby need not to contact him."

"Well let him....he's not worth it...just focus on loving Nathan. It's what another month and a half" she ask

"Yes....I'm scared. Are you coming?" Jean ask nervously

"Of course we are Logan put in his time off yesterday and it was approved. He's excited to be a god father" she laughed as she heard jean giggle

"I'm surprised he was so excited" jean says beginning to relax.

"Well he wants kids" she says candidly to her friend

"And you don't?" Jean ask.

"Oh I do.....and we might be....I'm a week late" Ororo admits. "I don't know if he notices and if he does he hasn't said anything"

"Well at least your married.....but I say wait another week then take a test" jean advises. "Oh my god if you are we can play date! They can be like brothers!"

"Jean, your putting the carriage in front of the horse" Ororo says laughing at her friend.

"Just think, it'll be perfect because by the time Nathan out grows something we can just send it to Logan jr. " jean says dreamily

There is a knock at the door. Ororo is surprised she wasn't expecting anything but Logan has a habit of Internet shopping and random packages aren't out of the norm at the howlette home.
"Earth to Jeannie! I'll talk to you later, someone's at the door"

"Ok later" jean says. Ororo is happy that she was able to get her mind off of the Scott situation. She answers the door calmly and is greeted by a tall man about 6 foot 7. He was blonde with a full beard. His wicked smile faltered at the sight of the woman. She was beautiful no doubt about it but what is she doing here.

"Hey can I help you?" She ask raising an eyebrow

"I think I have the wrong house" he says quickly giving her the once over one last time. Ororo nods at the strange man at the door noticing his amber eyes glowing. She feels queasy at the way he's looking at her and she silently prays for him to leave. The man turns to leave and disappears down the road that leads to their home. She shudders his eerie presence away and goes into town to handle her daily business.

---------------------------------

The tall man sat at a bar drinking a beer wondering what had transpired. Years he spent on "runt's" trail and when he's sure he found him a broad answers the door. He knows the ebony can't be with him, runt likes Asians. He noticed her wedding ring and mentally patted her husband on the back.

" maybe he's renting the cabin out...spring is coming and couples take trips in spring I guess.......maybe I should call raven....." He thinks to himself. The bartender walks over to him and coughs to get his attention. The blonde man looks up.

"I know every drinker in here but you, are ya passin through" the bartender asks. Making lit conversation during the dead lunch hour in a small bar.

"Yea" he nods. "Ya can say that........I uh spent my summers here as a boy with my uh.....granddaddy." The man nods to himself

"Oh who's ya granddaddy" the bartender asks

"Logan......Thomas logan" the blonde said trying to hide the disgust in speaking that name.

"Your a Logan? Well you got the build and height, your just light hair" the bartender says quietly "your granddaddy was a character I was just a boy when it happend up on the hill, they said Tom Logan was having an affair with the mother of the little sickly boy of the house.......I wanna call him James. It all went to hell one night and it was a massacre and James and the little servant girl went missing. The only one left alive was the buzzard of an old man the grandfather. Oh and Thomas' son lived.....his name was.....well I don't know what was on his birth certificate but everyone called the boy dog." The bartender trailed off. He was thinking of the story he just told and didn't notice the blonde man cringe at the name dog. "What's your name son?" The old bartender ask with kind eyes.

"Creed.....Vic Creed." He said standing up and placing a 20 under his empty glass.





You must login () to review.