Ororo sat at the table skyping with jean and Nate. She and jean talked of nothing of major importance. Scott came up a few times but his name was forgotten faster than he was mentioned. Nate drifted in and out of sleep occasionally making little coos to let people know he was present.

"He's such a chill little guy" jean says softly smoothing his wavy hair. The infant sighed contently at his mothers touch.

"I see that" Ororo watches the exchange between mother and son with a soft smile. "How does he sleep?"

"Like a rock....he's up and pretty alert most of the day until lunch then he usually naps but wakes up and he chills till dinner then bath then story and he's out" jean says still smoothing his hair.

"You seem happy" Ororo said making an observation more to herself than jean.

"I am" jean smiled "you'll understand soon enough....but Nate wants to know when his god parents are coming to see him"

Ororo laughs before she answers "well since we thought we had another week before he was born we took off for next week so Nate we will come see you on Saturday"

Jean shrieked startling Nathan who furrowed his brow and looked up towards his mom. "Don't give me that Scott look Mr. Grey.....girl some of these looks are Scott all over again...already"

"He may grow out of it" Ororo says leaning back into the chair. She notices the mail man putting something through the slot and goes to get it. She shuffles through the mail to see what they received that day. "Junk, junk, junk, Logan's, junk" she set the mail on the table and goes back to her conversation.

"Lack luster mail day" jean asks quieting Nate with his pacifier. He accepts the pacifier and relaxes into his mother. His little eyes focusing on the camera.

"Yup.....Logan got his canadian living magazine....that's about it" she says drinking a glass of juice.

"He knows he's in Canada now right?" Jean ask raising an eyebrow.

"Girl I don't ask that man questions about his reading material...it makes him happy to see it.......I just want my humidifier so I can breathe without nosebleeds" she says before turning her head to the door. "I think this is it". Nate starts to get cranky and fidgety. " ill talk to you in a little bit someone needs a nap" jean and ro say their goodbyes and they hang up the skype call.



Ororo finishes folding the laundry and starts the dishwasher. after putting the clothes in the dresser she feels tired and decides to take a short nap until its time start cooking dinner. As soon as she lays down there is a knock at the door. she exhales and debates on getting up to answer it. she groans as she gets up from the bed and makes her way to the front door. she sees the same tall blonde man from two weeks ago and gets the same uneasy feeling that she had then only intensified. As if her baby was trying to warn her of this mans intentions. "can i help you?" she ask raising an eyebrow. then tall feral man smirks and scratches at his beard.



"hey...do ya know a James Howlette?" he says gruffly folding his large arms across his massive chest, leaning his weight to one side.



"Why?" she ask sounding weary of his intentions. As if the man could sense her unease he tried to calm her.



"no need to defenses sweetheart, im just trying to catch up with an...umm...old war buddy...do ya know where i could find him.?" he says holding his hands up in a surrendering manner. Ororo knows of Logans military past and thinking of anyone who could have served with him during anywar would be in there mid eighties to ninties. And they would certainly not look like they were just a few short years older than logan, who appeared to be mid thirties.



"well if you leave your name ill get in contact with him for you" she says leaning against the doorframe. The tall man thought for a moment before giving her a blank look.



"tell him Vic is wanting to catch up.....and if he doesnt remember Vic. Just say................. Dog" he spit the last word out with venom and a twisted face, as if it tasted sour coming from his lips. Ororo nods as he walks down from the stairs and she closes and locks the doors. To uneasy to take her nap she had wanted so badly she goes to the bedroom and reads a book. She gets so engrossed in her book that she doesnt hear logan come home.



"Hey darlin" he says walking into the bedroom. She jumps a little bit then relaxes when she realizes its him, she glances at the clock and looks over at her husband.



"your home early?"



"yea, we finished early today" he says taking off his boots and going into the closet to change his clothes. he joins his wife in the bed along with his magazine. she lazily plays with his hair.



"you had a visitor today" she says softly


"oh yeah...who?" he says turning the pages in the magazine



"a guy named Vic"



logan closes his eyes and clenches his fist, willing his claws to stay inside his forearms. he takes a deep breath. "that damn Creed"





You must login () to review.