Logan awoke well into the afternoon. He lays in his bed wondering if his wonderful mate was a dream or not. He rubs his eye and catches her scent over his knuckles and smiles. After a lifetime of loneliness he found someone who calms his beast, not just quiets it down. He had no intention of returning to the mansion so soon, but about a week or so after he left he began to feel a pull to go back from his beast. He fought his beast for another two weeks before turning back. When he pulled up into the garage, he felt his wolverine scratching to get out and run into the house. When he was halfway up the stairs to his room and caught that delicious scent he almost let him. Logan lays back and tries to collect himself before heading out into the mansion.

Ororo lays awake in her bed thinking of her Logan. She wonders how a man she met hours ago can affect her so deeply. When she had left him to come back to her loft it almost pained her to leave him. She sighs softly and thinks of her dark haired beau. "Pull yourself together. A man that fine is more than likely married with a gang of kids. He probably knew you were lonely and trying to be nice. Your too awkward for anyone to like" she thought to her self. She gets up and goes to her mirror. She felt awkward looking at her reflection. She decides to take a shower and go for a walk outside.

Logan was sitting at the kitchen table with hank and gambit. Logan was drinking his coffee listening to hank talk about some research he was doing and gambit was shuffling cards. Logan looks across the kitchen and sees jean and Scott making goo goo eyes at each other and he wanted to vomit. "He's whipped" he thinks to himself. "I wonder if Ororo will have me acting like that...well if she does it'll be in private" he thinks and nods to himself. Hank looks over at his friend and raises an eyebrow.

"Logan, what's going on?.....no smart comments of me living down in my lab?" Hank asks

"Huh, what blue...oh ummm not today I feel kinda scatterbrained" Logan says hoping that's the end of it. Hank nods, not totally believing him but not wanting to push the issue.

"Good lawd in heaven" gambit exclaimed softly. Causing Logan to look up. Logan turned his head the direction of the Cajuns eyes and immediately wanted to gut him. He saw Ororo in a navy blue sherong and a white tank top. Her perfect hourglass figure was visible. He was getting a complete view of his mate outside of baggy shorts and a t shirt. He felt his skin getting hot and his wolverine was ready to take her in the middle of the lawn and dare any other male to try and stop him.

"Dat girl is hotter den hell on a Sunday" gambit said licking his lips and nudging Logan's arm for confirmation. Logan growled and flashed his wolverine eyes to gambit. "What's de matter with de wolverine huh" gambit asks.

"Nothin Cajun.......I'm going out for a bit" Logan snarls and walks out.

"What's de matter with him?" Gambit ask hank bewildered

"Nothing...you know how he gets" hank said before going back to his science journal. Hank tried to give Logan a cover. Being a beast in every sense of the word he could smell the mate pheromones coming off of Logan. Being that he's one of the few to have spoken to Ororo because he gave her the physical when she first arrived he knew her smell. And could smell she and Logan had spent time together but haven't been intimate. Logan has claims to her as his mate and gambit couldn't understand.

"Yeah hank you right homme" gambit says before going back to shuffling his cards.

After a few moments of collecting hisself walking through the woods he caught a familiar scent and smirked to himself. He felt her near but couldn't see her.

"Hey Logan" she says shyly behind him. Logan felt pride swell in his chest that his mate could be behind him with out him noticing her with his enhanced senses.

"Hey darlin, where'd ya come from" he said in a gentle voice to her.

"I was in the tree thinking....nature helps me relax." She says to him blushing. "Why does he make me blush" she thought to herself.

"Me too......you mind company?" She asks sitting down his back resting to a tree.

"No" she says walking over to sit next to him.

Logan feels his beast take over. He grabs her wrist and pulls her down sitting her between his legs. He wraps his arms around her stomach and holds her tightly to him. Resting his head between her shoulder blades deeply inhaling her scent. He could hear and feel her heart pounding in her chest. Her began to purr for her and gently rock back and forth. He was urging her to relax with him. He heard her take a deep breath and her heart began to slow down. He moved his head from between her shoulder blades and moved it to the crook in her neck. And nuzzled her and purred. She softly purred back to him before completely relaxing into his body.
They sat like that for an hour. Wolverine just holding her to him and gently rocking her and purring for her. She would softly purr back to him and he would just hold her tighter. He noticed her breathing changed and he looked down at her to find her curled into him sleeping. He smiled to himself and kissed her forehead.

"Love" he said into her ear before closing his eyes for a nap.





You must login () to review.