Ororo begins to stir. She feels the sun warming her face through the trees and she looks up to see Logan looking down at her stroking her hair. She feels at peace and well rested. She wonders how long she's been sleep.

"How long was I out?" She ask him sitting up rubbing her eyes and stretching her arm over her head. Logan softly smiles at her, he's enjoying how comfortable she is with him.

"About an hour give or take" he says leaning back against a tree.

"You held me the whole time?" She ask softly

"Yup....you didn't want me too?" He ask trying to hide hurt in his voice

"No your ok" she says resting her back to his chest. They sit in silence for a while. Both wanting to talk to each other but not knowing what to say.

"Um Logan......tell me about you" she says softly

Logan feels anxious about telling her about his past that he knows of but he doesn't want to hide anything from her so he sighs and inhales her scent for courage.

"Ok, there's a huge chunk of my life I don't remember. I was an experiment that went bad n they stole my memory. I just learned my name two years ago and that I'm from Canada. I've been trying to figure my life out but the more I learn the more I hate me. I don't have any family. No wife, kids... No nothin" he admits out loud for the first time his feeling of himself. "Half these people here think I'm ah animal, and I can't say I ain't give em a reason to, but nobody really wanna know me" he stops and ponders his admission quietly.

Ororo takes in all he said quietly. She wonders how a man so gentle can be thought of as an animal. She turns in his lap and rest her head on his chest.

"I wanna know you" she says quietly. Almost wishing she could eat her words at her admission of her crush.

"Tell me about you" he ask her tracing circles on her arm with his finger.

Ororo closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I was born in America, but shortly after that my mother got homesick and my father took a job in Egypt so my mother could be home and he could work. While our home was being built we lived in a hotel. We were eating dinner one night and then everything started to shake and a plane it the building.my parents we killed" she says looking up at her only confidant at the mansion.

Logan held her wiping her tears. "You got adopted after" he asked

"No, I lived on the streets as a pickpocket" she says slightly smiling to herself.

"How old we're you?" Logan ask

"I was five" she says looking up into his grey eyes.

Logan held her a little tighter, he was very uneasy at he thought of his woman being alone at five. He wanted to protect her and let her know she wasn't alone again.

"You don't have your memories and you look for them sometimes I wish I could just forget mine" she says softly.

" don't say that, I think I'm done lookin for old stuff...I'm gonna just make new ones"he said softly with his face buried in her hair.

"Your a good friend Logan" she says softly

"I could be more" he says to her. Tilting her face to see him.

"You can't Logan" she pulls away from him and stands up. He holds her tighter

"Why not? Is it too soon, I can wait fer ya ta be ready. Just don't say it's because you don't love me. Cuz you an I know it ain't true" he says looking her directly into her eyes.

"No Logan, it's because I'm seventeen. And by the time I turn eighteen you'll find someone else to be with. Lets save heartache and let each other go" she says with tears streaming down her face. Logan felt his beast wake up but he pushed him down.

"Ok so your seventeen. We don't gotta do nothing your not ready for, I won't push ya. Just don't say that there's someone else for me cuz it's not." He said sternly to her.

They stood there looking at each other for a few minutes. Logan wanted to go over to her but his beast wouldn't let him, his beast needed her to come to him, in a way submit to his animal. Ororo felt a pull towards him but didnt want to go to him. She was scared of getting hurt. But inside her she knew Logan wouldn't hurt her. She took a deep breath and stepped towards Logan. He stood there stone faced and watched her. Soon they were face to face. Logan let a growl escape his lips and pulled her into him in a crushing embrace. Ororo embraced him back with equal intensity.

"What's the point of being in love if everything is easy" she thinks to herself.





You must login () to review.