After logan and professors conversation Logan feels aggravated. He can understand the professor wanting to know the intent of his actions but what upset him the most was he thought he was just chasing tail with a shy girl. Of all people he should know Logan never needs to chase any woman. He can have whatever woman he looked at, but that was in the past. Right now his woman was sleep in her warm bed dreaming. He sighs to himself as he walks through the door to his bedroom. He kicks off his boots for the second time that night and sits on his bed. He turns on the tv as he stands up to change into his night clothes, his boxer briefs. Not really being tires and trying to get over his mild annoyance he lays at the foot of the bed and watches tv.

"I swear its nothing on this early" he mutters to himself. His eyes cut to the door, he hears footsteps going past his door, then her scent hits him. He jumps up from the bed and grabs a pair of sweat pants, not bothering to put a shirt on, and goes to his door. He sees Ororo walking down the stairs. He follows her.

"Hey Logan" she says softly. He smiles to himself at her ability to know its him with out turning around and her ability to control her heart rate when startled.

"How'd ya know it was me darlin? What if I was elf or one eye" he says teasingly before picking her up in a bear hug. She laughs as he puts her down.

"I heard your footsteps, everyone's are different. I guess it's like how you hear hearts" she says touching his chest. At the feel of the soft hair, warm skin and hard muscles her eyebrow raises and Logan smirks

"Ya like that" he says with confidence

"Conceded much?" She says smiling at him

"I love it when you smile" he pulls her down for a kiss. "Why are ya up darlin?" He ask her softly

"I don't know.......probably my insomnia, dr. Hank says I have it." She says while looking in the refrigerator. "He gave me medicine....I'm going to start taking it tomorrow...so I can sleep without you" she says looking at him.

"You don't have too, come wit me babe" he grabs her hand and leads her to his room. She hesitates a little and he looks at her with a worried look. "Ya ok?" He ask her. She nods and slowly walks into his room. It smells like pine trees, cigars, and the soft soap he uses for his sensitive skin. She feels at home. She looks around his room and sees his bed, his recliner and his entertainment system. It's simple but it's comfortable. She walks over to his bed and has a seat.

"Go to sleep darlin....we got about a good three hours before everyone gets up, so you got a good two hours and forty five minutes of uninterrupted sleep." He says pulling his sheets back and helping her climb in.

"Thank you, I'm so tired...I love you" she cuddles up to him and closes her eyes. Logan turns the tv on low and holds her.

"Love you too" he says before kissing her. The feeling of her next to him made him feel good. Not the same kind of feeling he got from a bar fight or nailing some broad in a cheap motel, but something that made him feel like a whole man. It was a good feeling to him to know that he could roll over and go to sleep next to this woman and his wallet was untouched and she would still be there. He was again angry that professor would assume it was something less than that. As if she felt him getting angry even in his sleep she hugged him to her and wrapped her leg around his. He just smiled and looked for something to hold his attention on tv.





You must login () to review.