A/N: So my allergies have kicked in this year: BARELY any voice, stuffy, and a hacking cough. Yay! Not. So obviously, I'm just laying around watching stuff and this story comes to mind while watching The Hatfields and McCoys. This is going to take place in the Civil War era, so Storm will be a slave, just a head sup.

Logan looked up from his chopping and watched as the slave masters brought home their new lot. He whistled when he saw one with snow white hair come out, looking scared out of her wits. She started running, but was stopped as a whip wrapped around her ankles, tripping her. Logan looked away, and finished his chopping; he didn't want to see what was going to happen to the poor girl.

He gathered up the wood and took it into the house, ignoring the screams that rang through the air. "Is that the last of the new ones?" Logan asked his brother, Victor.

"Yup," Victor said. "And they ladies are mighty fine."

"Behave yourself, Victor," Logan warned. "You know the boss doesn't like us hanging around the females." Both Logan and Victor were helpers to a wealthy farmer, and Victor was notorious for fraternizing with the women.

"Can't help it, Jimmy," Victor replied.

Logan shook his head and headed into his room. Dinner was almost ready, and the house servants were being brought into the house, including the pretty white-haired one. She looked very young, no more than 20, and clearly had spirit, since she looked at her captors defiantly.

The bell rang, and Logan went downstairs. "Howdy, boys," the boss, William Stryker said.

"Boss," they replied as they sat with John Wraith. "Did you see the newbies?"

"Yup," John replied. "There's one in particular that stands."

"I saw her," Logan replied. "She got a whippin' though."

"Shame," Victor said shaking his head. "I hate ruining flawless skin."

"Let me guess, you whipped her yourself?" John asked.

Victor smiled. "Not this time, but I witnessed it, just before Jimmy came in." The door opened, and a few of the slaves came in, one of them being the new girl they were just talking about. She placed a bowl of soup in front of all of them, and stepped back. Logan looked at her for a brief moment before eating. They ate in silence.

"Snowy," Victor called, snapping at the white-haired one, when he was done. "Take my place up." He looked at her for a moment, and when she didn't respond, he stood up. "I said... Take. My. Place. Up," he growled, enjoying the scene of her cringing.

"Victor," Logan warned. The slave was already heading to the table to pick the placing up. When she started to pick Logan's up, he gently touched her wrist kindly. Their eyes locked for a moment, and she averted her eyes and returned to work.

"I'll see you later," Victor taunted the snow-white haired woman.

"I need to go and check on the horses," Logan said, getting up. It wasn't a complete lie, he was going to the stable, but in truth he wanted to see if he could catch a moment with the woman he just saw. She was heading to the bunker when Logan called out to her. "Darlin'."

She stopped and looked around. When she saw Logan, she stopped and kept her head bowed. "Is there something you need, Master."

"I just need your name for now," he said, tilting her chin up. "And for you not to call me Master when we're alone. It's Logan."

"Ororo," She answered.

"Mind if I just call you 'Ro?" he asked.

"Sure," she said, turning to go back.

"Do ya mind tellin' me what your name means?" he asked as an afterthought.

"Beauty," she replied, looking around to make sure the slave master wasn't there as she headed inside her bunker.

"Beauty," Logan mused as he headed into the stables. It suits her perfectly, he thought, mucking out the stalls and whistling a tune in his head.

He reached the feisty stallions stall, and sighed. "Are you gonna cooperate today?" he asked him, reaching out with his hand, and the halter with the other. The horse flinched back. "Easy, boy, I ain't gonna hurt you, I just need to muck out your stall." The horse still backed up, not allowing Logan to go near him. Logan sighed, and gave up.

"Would you like me to try?" a new voice said.

Logan turned to Ororo right there. "Aren't you supposed to be in the bunkers?" he asked, not unkindly. He didn't want her to think that he was going to punish her.

"They let us out for a moment," she replied. "Something about adding a new bedding or something like that." She looked over to the horse. "Do you mind if I try something?"

"Knock yourself out," Logan said, taking a step back. Ororo stepped inside, averting her eyes from the horse's, and making herself look as nonthreatening as possible. When she reached out her hand, the horse took a sniff, and stepped toward her.

"Pass me the halter," Ororo said, holding out her hand behind her back. Logan handed it to her, and she slowly put it over the horse's face. and guided him out of the stall.

Logan whistled and stared at her for a moment before continuing to muck out the stalls. When he was done, Ororo, placed him back inside. "I thought I was never going to get him out," Logan admitted. "How did you do that?"

"Let's just say that I was with some kind people who taught me all they knew about horses before they were forced to sell me," Ororo said, walking back to the bunkers.

Logan nodded, locking the stall, and then heading in for the night. He stared out his window, which had a nice view of the bunker house, and waited until he saw the lights go out. He slipped into his bed, and was plagued by wonderful dreams of the white-haired beauty.

A/N: Okay, I may not have the entire setting correct or the dialogue correct. Hope y'all will forgive me for that, but hey, at least there's another story out.





You must login () to review.