A/N: Okay, so some of you may notice that your reviews are missing. Well that's because I accidentally deleted the story while trying to delete a duplicate chapter. I would never delete reviews- unless there were soo terrible that I don't wanna look at them again. Anyway, on with the story.

Logan returned to the loft later that night. "'Ro?" he asked, shaking her shoulder gently.

"Logan?" she asked, sitting up.

"Hey," Logan said, kissing her. "The Boss is out on business for the weekend. How are you feeling?"

"Tired," she replied, kissing him back. "What's going on?"

"The boss is out," Logan said, sliding into the bed with her. "Which means that, we can get out of here. Right now, me and Victor are in charge of the labor, and I'm ready to leave this place. Do you feel up to it?"

"Tomorrow, maybe," Storm replied.

"Alright," Logan said, trailing his hand up to the back of her dress. "Also, there's one thing I'd like to ask you. Once I get you out of here, and set you free, I'd want you to be my wife?"

"Yes," she said, kissing him on the lips. He returned the kiss, and was about to take it off when she stopped him. "Why do you want to marry me?"

"Because I can't stop thinking about you," Logan replied. "From the moment I laid eyes on you, you were all I thought about." He stroked her hair back lovingly. "I truly believe that I'm in love with you."

"I believe that," Storm replied. "So, we can just talk tonight."

"Sure, darlin'," he said wrapping his arm around her, and keeping her close to him. "Want to tell me about your life before you came here?"

"Here to America?" she asked. "Or to this family?"

"Either one," Logan replied, kissing her gently.

"The family was forced to sell me after they became in debt," she said quietly, Logan creating small circles on her arm. "They taught me all I need to know about horses. They used to rehabilitate abused and useless horses, and I was their apprentice... not a slave to them. They treated me like I was their own daughter; despite my skin color."

"Not everyone is the same about slavery," Logan said. "I personally don't like it, which is why I never bought any of my own."

"I'm glad," Storm replied, "I don't think I could love a man who liked slavery." Storm smiled and kissed him tonight, snuggling into his embrace. Logan gladly kept her close to him, not wanting her to slip away, and to make sure that this was real and not just dream or fantasy. He looked over the loft railing and saw Thunder munching on his hay. An idea formed in his head as he thought about how he would prove his love for her. He fell asleep without a problem.

FL

Logan woke up a little bit earlier than usual and went into the tack room. He packed a couple of saddle bags and placed them on the stall door. "Alright, Thunder," he said. "I got something I need to do, and I need you to do it." He managed to get the halter on the horse without much of a fuss. It was going to be the saddle that was going to be the problem. He held it up to let the horse sniff, and then gently placed it on his back. The horse tensed, wondering what was going to happen. "Steady boy, it's going to be alright," Logan said, leading him around the stall.

"He seems to handling it well," a voice called from above. Logan stopped to see Storm up there. "Yeah, he does," Logan agreed. "Why don't you come down here?"

Storm smiled and walked downstairs. Thunder nickered, and nudged her gently. "So what's the plan?" she asked, turning to Logan.

"I'm going to go and find John, and tell him that I'm going to take Thunder onto the trails to see how he likes them," Logan said. "Then, I'll find at the first fork in the trail."

"Won't I get caught, though?" Storm asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

"No," Logan said, looking deep into her eyes. "It's too early for Victor to be out; but, it wouldn't hurt to hid in a tree or something until I get there, just in case Victor goes out on one of his early morning hunts."

Storm nodded and ran off into the forest. Logan turned to the horse and finished tacking him up; replacing the halter with a hackamore- a bitless bridle- and putting a bridle and the halter into one of the saddle bags. Then, he led the horse out of the stall and went to find John, who was putting fresh hay into the wheel barrel. "I'm going to take Thunder out onto the trails to see how he likes them," Logan said.

John laughed. "I know what you're doing," he said, placing a hand on Logan's shoulder. "And I wish you the best of luck."

"Thanks," Logan said, gratefully, "I sure hope it works out. You sure you don't wanna come?"

"And who do you think is going to keep Victor from getting suspicious until at least nightfall?" John asked. "No, you go on ahead. My place is here."

"Good luck, then," Logan said, shaking hands with him, it's been great knowin' ya."

"You too," John said, giving Logan a boost into the saddle. They both held their breaths, praying Thunder wouldn't go crazy on them. When all the horse did was look around, they both released it. Logan gently kicked the horse into action and went to find Storm. When he reached the fork in the road, he started to look for her. When she didn't respond to the first couple of calls, he began to get worried. "Storm, where are ya?"

"Up here," a gentle voice said. Logan looked up to see Storm float down from the tree she was hiding in.

"Don't scare me like that, darlin'," he said, releasing the breath he didn't realize he was holding and trotting over to her.

"I'm sorry," she said. "It won't happen again."

"I know it won't," Logan said, as he reached a hand out for her, and she gladly grabbed it, settling herself just in front of Logan. "Better hang on though," he said seductively in her ear. "It's about to get rough." He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I think I can handle it," she replied.

"I know you can," he agreed, kicking the horse into a gallop. What neither of them knew, though, was that someone had been watching them, and their little flight to freedom was about to become a lot harder than originally planned.

A/N: The End... :P





You must login () to review.