Logan stands up from the table and throws his empty beer bottle in the trash. He walks over to the front door and exhales to himself before turning the knob. as soon as he steps outside he feels eyes on him. he watches the duo exchange looks to each other and a few words and go back looking at him as he walks up to them. they both stand upon his arrival.
"hey" Logan says gruffly. "um how ya likin it round here" he says trying to make conversation
"its ok....better than sleepin under bridges" Daken says as he shifts his weight.
"and in warehouses" X adds.
they all stand in awkward silence for a few moments.
"Are you married?" X asks. she noticed his ring on the night that they arrived and assumed he was but they have yet to see his wife.
logan nods and twist his ring around his finger. "yea...for um....six years" he says mentally counting for confirmation.
"How old is she?" daken asks. logan chuckles and daken looks at him strangely.
"she 26" logan says. Daken and X look at each other perplexed. X scratches her head.
"But aint you like over 100?" Daken ask
"Yup....but when you find the right one you know?" logan says. "oh and you guys have two little siblings." he adds. The teens both nod and sit down back to their game. Logan stands and watched them play chess. X is winning and Daken is growing frustrated.
"think before you act" X says calmly. she looks over at logan. "Are you going to stand there and watch us like were in captivity or are you going to sit and talk.?" she shakes her head no to daken who was about to make a move. Logan sits down and watches them play.
"um daken...dont be offended by this, but who is your mother?"
Daken shifted uncomfortably and grunted. "shes a whore...nuff said" he made his next move in anger and X laughed.
"told you about acting in anger" as she puts him in check mate. Daken huffs and falls back.
"set it up again!" he says as he sits up crossing his legs under him. As they set the board up again they make light conversation and are joined by two more people.
"Daddy kendall eyes are broke again" james says sitting in his fathers lap. Kendall hugs his neck from behind.
The teens look at the two little ones. X smirks a little bit along with Daken. James looks at the two older people with a little interest, Kendall bashfully hides behind her father, peeking over his shoulder. Logan smirks at his younger children.
"yall gonna say hi, or ya gonna be rude...ya know mommy dont want yall bein rude" he says softly to them.
"Hi" james said before burying his face in his fathers arm. Logan smiled and reached behind him pulling Kendall to the front.
"Kennie what ya say" he says sitting her down
"hello" she says
"hey" Daken and X say in unison. Logans phone starts ringing, its Ororo. He looks at the teens who nod for him to go answer. james and kendall watch the older kids play chess with interest.
"Uh hey darlin" he says to her
"Logan whats going on?.....i cant relax knowing something is going on with us" she says. logan frowns hearing the stress in her voice. He knows she deserves to know whats going on with their family. He sighs. "Talk to me babe" she pleads
"Well 'ro....ummm...we got some unexpected visitors." he says trying to figure out how to tell his wife.
"Sinister?" she ask
"No...ummm....my kids 'ro...they came here cause they had no place else to go" he says grimacing waiting on her response.
"how many is it logan?" she ask in a voice he couldnt read her emotions.
"two....boy an girl"he says trying to read her emotions
"are they ok?" she asks. logan still cant read her emotions.
"yea, theyre fine....what do ya wanna do ro. This isnt your problem i understand if ya dont wanna be bothered with me anymore" he says trying to distance himself from the hurt he knows her rejection will cause him.
"Ok" she sighs. "Are you ok?" she ask
"im recoverin" he says quietly
"well ill be home tomorrow afternoon" she says sounding like herself again.
"Ill be waitin darlin" he softly smiles hearing her laugh.
"Hey logan....were in this together ok." she says to reassure her husband of her commitment to him. "when i get home we'll take it from there...the Howlette family just got a little bigger a little faster."
"i love ya" he says full of releif
"and i love you" she says also releived.
logan looks over to the kids and smiles, feeling as if its all going to work out for him, for once.





You must login () to review.