Three hours had passed since Ororo was wheeled into the med lab from the Danger Room. She was almost finished with the numerous test Logan insisted she go through to see how badly she had injured herself due to her reckless behavior and what Kitty kept referring to as the “First wives fight club”.

She had told everyone several times that she was alright and just needed to rest in her own room but Logan and Kitty would hear none of that. They both insisted (forced would be a better word) that she stay in the med lab and let Warren who was subbing for Hank while he was at a medical conference complete his examination.

Kitty walked over to Ororo and gave her a very gentle hug and kissed the top of her now clean head. She pulled back from her and the un-shed tears of earlier almost fell as she looked at her friend. She saw a message in the young girls eyes that was unmistakable.

“Don't you EVER scary me like that again.”

Ororo nodded her head and Kitty knew that the message was received. She glanced over to Logan who was also giving her stern look and keeping an ever watchful eye on her on.

If the situation wasn't so serious she might have laughed as Logan stood watch over her like a guard waiting for his prisoner to bolt. If she moved even the slightest bit his hand would clamp down on her shoulder. His silent message was also loud and clear.

“1. Don't you even think about leaving. 2. I'm here and I ain't goin' anywhere”

Kitty watched the silent exchange and her insides were jumping with joy at the possibilities of what the small exchange represented for her two favorite people.

Seeing that Ororo was in good hands and in no danger of making a break for it, Kitty advised them that she would be leaving and would return later to check on her. She would also be taking over Ororo's history classes for the remainder of the day.

Before leaving she said her good byes to Warren then whispered something to Logan to which his only response was a grunt and a nod.

“Take care of our girl.”

“Kitten?” Ororo called.

“Yes?”

“If it is not too much trouble....would you please bring my Ipad from my room later?”

Kitty smiled. “Angry Birds?”

“Yes. I blame you for introducing me to that addicting game.”

“You're lucky I didn't show you Fruit Ninja first. Now that's a fun game. I'll bring your Ipad after my classes are done.”

“Thank you.”

“Anything for you.”

And with those parting words she was off to teach her class.

Logan stood over Ororo's bed with his arms crossed and his face a mixture of anxiety and frustration. She could see that he wanted this examination to be over with. Not just for her sake, but his own. It was common knowledge that Wolverine hated the med lab. The sterile smells and walls of the room reminded him of the hell holes they stuck him in while in the Weapon X program. She saw the look in his eyes that his thoughts were drifting to that awful time in his life when they tried to steal his humanity away and turn him into a killer machine.

Her wince is what brought him back to reality. It made him focus on the here and now. The memories of that time once evident in his eyes were now replaced with concern for her well being.

She tried not to make any little hiss or noise when she felt pain. When that one slipped out she saw Logan's jaw tighten and a grimace formed on his face.

She received a gentle squeeze on her shoulder of reassurance from him and hushed words urging her to lie still and that it'll be over soon. At some point, she had no clue when, his other hand somehow find it's way into hers. She closed her eyes at his words and enjoyed the feel of his large warm calloused hand in her small dainty one.

Logan growled at Warren and threatened bodily harm if he wasn't more careful with how he was probing her. Poor Warren. Ororo noticed his wings shook a little when he was about to check her abdomen for pain. She gave Warren a smile letting him know she was OK and then told Logan to behave and stop acting like the big bad wolf.

“That's big bad Wolverine to ya darlin'. And fine. I promise not to rip his wings off. But if you wince one more time, I may not be able to keep that promise.” Logan said while looking directly at Warren.

Ororo playfully rolled her eyes at Logan. Warren on the other hand, gulped then silently nodded. He continued his thorough, yet gentler examination of her injuries.

When Warren informed Logan that he needed to move Ororo to get some x-rays done, she could feel his reluctance to let her and her hand go. She too did want to let go of his hand but if they were to get all of this over with then she needed to. So, a few unwilling seconds later they both let go.

While waiting for Warren to set up the x-ray machine Ororo felt herself starting to get antsy. Waiting was not one of her strong suits. She never could sit still. As a child, her mother would always tease her about having ants in her pants when she would fidget while waiting for anything that was over thirty seconds.

Looking over to her self appointed body guard, (who was too busy watching Angel set up the x-ray machine to know she was staring at him) she knew Logan also had the same issue. Neither one was good with waiting.

While she could wait thirty seconds, Logan could only manage one before he charged in to where angels feared to tread. The only time she every saw him take his time was when he was drinking one of his Molson's or when he was smoking one his beloved cigars. She had also heard various rumors that he also took his time in the bedroom but, she was too much of a lady to indulge in that type of gossip.

Ugh! Damn her sensible side sometimes.

“Ya can't do this by ya self, Logan. Ya need help.”

Marie's thick accent broke Ororo out of her thoughts. She didn't know when Marie had come in but she saw the resident southern belle talking to Logan and him exercising what little patience he had left with her.

“Ah know ya not listen' ta me. Ya got other thangs on ya mind.” Marie said looking towards Ororo with a smile.

“I heard ya. And yeah, I got things on my mind.” Logan said also turning towards her.

Marie placed her gloved hand on Logan's shoulder. “Don't be ya usual stubborn self. There ain't no shame...”

“Don't say it.”

Marie sighed. “Fine ah won't say that there ain't no shame in asking for help. Ah also won't say that ya have the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.”

“Don't you have somewhere ta be other than up my ass?” Logan asked while crossing his arms over his chest.

Logan loved Marie but damn if she wasn't a pain in the ass sometimes.

Marie laughed. “As a matter of fact ah do. Ah have to pick ma swamp rat up at the airport.”

“Cajun's coming for a visit? Where's he sleepin'?” Logan asked narrowing his eyes at Marie and lowering his voice to a deadly whisper.

Ororo chuckled softly to herself as she watched the exchange between the two. Marie was always fearless and having a little bit of Wolverine in her made her even more so. That is what made her one of the few people in the mansion that was not afraid to take Logan on. While others ran away from him in fear, she always ran toward him with love.

Marie's facial features morph slightly in to Wolverine. She perfectly mirrored his wolfish grin as she gave him her answer to his earlier question.

“Where do ya think,bub?”

Logan's growl caused Marie to laugh again.

“Relax, sugah. Ah already made up the guest room for him.”

Logan breathed a sigh of relief. “Best news I heard all day.”

“One of these days ya gonna have ta remember ah'm of consenting age.”

“Nope. Ain't gonna happen. You'll always be the little girl who stowed away in my truck.”

“And ya always be muh big bad ass savior. Ah gotta go or ah'll be late.”

“Ok. Be careful.”

“Always am.”

Marie was about to head out the doors when she turned to Logan.

“Think about what ah said. And tell 'Ro ah'll see her when ah get back with the swamp rat. He'll be wantin' to check on her too.”

“I'll tell her and I'll think about what you said.”

Marie nodded then left.

Ororo wondered what that was all about. She wished she would have heard the whole conversation but the x-ray machine was pretty loud and would drown out other sounds around on her.

All she really caught was that Marie was trying to tell Logan something about relying on others.

She saw the look on his face when Marie suggested that he rely on someone other than himself. She recognized the look because she had seen it many times over the years and had often made the same face herself.

This was something else she and Logan had in common. Asking for help was something they never did unless absolutely necessary. Their reasons were different but experience had taught them both the same lessons. Putting your trust in others was weakness and weakness always got you hurt.

Ororo could her hear her father sighing in her head reminding her that there is no shame in asking for help. She smiled at the memory of father and the earlier thoughts of her mother. Although their time on Earth was short, their love would remain with her forever.

Since her parents death and being left orphaned on the the streets of Cairo, Ororo always relied on herself and her wits to pull her out of most scrapes she had gotten into. Any pain or injury that came along due to her less than lawful escapades was ignored for a time and tended to later. She was now applying that same rule to her life. Ignoring her emotional pain and tending to it later.

It was a real adjustment for her when she joined the X-Men to rely on someone other than herself. Over the years she had great teachers to show her that putting your trust in others was not a sign of weakness but of great strength.

It took Logan longer than her to allow himself to drop his guard and place his trust in a bunch of “geeks” as he would often call them. She was proud that over time she could share the lessons her friends had taught her with him. This was how her and his friendship started and blossomed over the years.

She showed him that it was a sign of deep faith and trust in your fellow human being to place your life in their hands and theirs in yours. She felt her heart hitch as she thought about her absent friends and life teachers. Jean, Scott, and...Charles.

Charles. Her dear beloved friend, mentor, and surrogate father. What would he think of his child of the winds now? What would he think about her ignoring the pain that was inflicted on her heart and on her body? How would he feel about her not dealing with it all?

Out of habit, she reached out to him with her mind to get an answer but of course, there would be no answer. Charles was as dead as her marriage to T'Challa. The only difference between them... she missed Charles.

A short time later Warren returned with her to the med lab and Logan again took up his position next to her. Much to her delight.

Warren stepped away to get the x rays then moved over to the view box to get a better look at the pictures he took.

Ororo could feel her anxiety rising while Warren looked over her x-rays. She was really hating all of this. She appreciated her friends tending to her and she knew she should be grateful for all the care they were giving her but she couldn't help feeling frustrated by it.

All of this just made her something she could never get used to as a child or an adult.

The center of attention.

She hated to be fussed over and her time as Queen only made the feeling worsen. When she first married T'Challa and became Queen she was so deliriously happy that she over looked (or was blind) to how her role as Queen would greatly change her life. She was so naïve.

Her naivete didn't last long. The honeymoon phase of her marriage and her learning to be Queen were over faster than a Night Crawler bamf.

Ororo found out early that bucking traditions and being a free spirit were a volatile combination. These actions were greatly frowned upon by T'Challa and his counsel of advisers. She was encouraged daily to conform and become more understanding that as Queen it was expected that she would have subjects that were proud and happy to be at her beck and call. Even now, being far away from that lifestyle, it still didn't sit well with her.

She never liked having someone do something that she was fully capable of. It was a well known fact around the royal palace that the Queen loved to do things herself.

Simple things like drawing her own baths or choosing her own clothing or anything that made her feel more like a normal woman. Although being a mutant made her far from normal. Being Queen made her feel stripped of what ever normalcy she once had. T'Challa would often voice his disapproval for her not living up to his and his people's standards of Queen.

A royals role was very defined in Wakanda. The King was at the forefront of everything. From diplomat, to spiritual leader, to being the legendary living god, the Black Panther. The Queen on the other hand, had no responsibility other than to be on her husbands arm and create the next generation. This did not sit well with Ororo.

She was not a vain women, but she was proud. She was not meant to sit on the side lines. She was not one to be defined or placed in a box. She was more than just eye and arm candy. She was meant to be more. She WAS more. She was a goddess. She was a warrior. She was an X-Men. But to T'Challa, she was an object. Something to be seen and not heard. It made her feel weak and helpless. She was far too independent for this life.

Ororo spent many days feeling sad and lonely. It amazed her that no matter how many people she was surrounded by she always felt so alone.

Every night when she knew T'Challa was asleep she would wander the palace. She waited for when the guards rotated their shifts and were none the wiser, she left the palace and took to the air. This is where she would feel alive again.

She would feel the kiss of the winds across her skin and it felt like an old lover's embrace. Here in the winds she was wild. She was free. She was Ororo. She was Storm!

She would keep her powers to a minimum so her aerial ballet wouldn't detected by T'Challa or his men. This was her favorite escape from the prison caller her life.

The gust she would create would buoy her body and she would float effortless in the air. Her mind would empty itself from all the reminders of her current existence until there was nothing left but her basic instincts. It was in those moments she would feel her soul and know that a piece of it was missing. Her soul knew that it's mate wasn't sleeping in the bed in the palace below. It wasn't even in Wakanda. It was far away. To the west. Howling to the sky above in hopes that the wind would carry its call to his mate.

It was after one of those wild nights in the air that she didn't feel like returning to her bed. She found herself again wondering the palace. While walking she felt the familiar pull towards her home, her true family, the X-Men.

It had been forever since she talked to any of them. She decided it was time. She ran to her private office and started her computer with the web cam on it. She looked at the time and saw it was late in America but she knew her friends all too well. There was always someone up in the mansion. She wondered who would answer her call? Scott? Kitty? Marie? Maybe even Remy if he was there visiting.
She never expected him to answer but was secretly glad that he did.

“Hey darlin'!”

Seeing Logan and his eyes light up when he saw it was her made her day.

They had talked for hours about everything and nothing like they used to. They fell into an easy rhythm that Ororo missed.

That one call turned in a weekly event that included their never ending chess game. It was the only time Ororo smiled and literally let her hair down. Logan had a way of making her feel like she could tell him anything and not be judged or looked down upon. She never told him that she found solace in his conversations with her. Or that him using her beloved nickname of 'Ro made her feel more cherished and loved than any title she had been bestowed.

“So, what's the word? Logan asked breaking her out of her inner musings.

“The word.... is bruised.” Warren said.

“Bruised?” Ororo asked.

“Yup. You did a real number on your ribs 'Roro. You've got four bruised ribs on your right and three on your left. You've got multiple bruises on your arms, legs, and thighs. A bruised jaw and last but not least, you have a small scalp laceration. It won't require stitches. The good news is...”

“There's good news?” Ororo asked sarcastically.

“Yes.” Warren said with a smile. “The good news is that nothing is broken and I found no internal injuries.”

“How long she out for?” Logan asked.

“I say three to four weeks. Depending if she is able to not strain herself too much and follow medical advice.”

“Ok, 'Ro. You're grounded.”

“Logan, I can still....”

“Still what? Teach? Nope.”

Ororo was very angry now that Logan was actually stopping, no forbidding her from resuming her duties. It felt like something T'Challa would do.

She was about to argue that she could still perform her daily duties of teaching her history class but the words died on her lips when she saw the look on Logan's face.

It was the facial expression of a man that had made up his mind and there was no way of changing it. She watched as his eyebrow rose as if daring her to challenge his decision. His alpha male to her alpha female. Normally she would have picked up the gauntlet that was thrown down but nothing about today or the events leading up to this time was normal. So, she did the only thing she could do.

Submit to his will.

“Fine.” was all she huffed out.

That was met with a small smile of satisfaction from Logan.

“I know ya hate being laid up 'Ro. Hell, even with a healing factor I can't get outta this place fast enough. Ya need to heal both here” pointing to her head “and here” pointing to her heart “and that's gonna take time. So, do me a favor and promise ya won't push it. Deal?” Logan asked holding out his hand.

Dammit. She could never deny Logan anything and he knew it. She felt horrible for just now comparing him to T'Challa. T'Challa would have never asked to her to rest like Logan was doing. No, he would have just ordered her to do it. This is why Logan would always be the better man.

“Deal.” she said shaking his hand.

“Well, now that that's settled between you two how about we get you all bandage up and if your nice, not only will I give some lovely pain killers but I will put some pretty band aids on those cuts on your hands.”Warren said.

Ororo scrunched up her face when Warren mentioned pain killers. She hated taking medication. Anything that made her feel loopy and possible loose control of her powers she was wary of.

Warren noticed her face and chuckled.

“Don't worry 'Ro. The stuff I'm going to give is mild. It will take the edge off and make you kinda sleepy but nothing that will knock you completely on your butt. Take the meds for today and then as needed. OK?”

“Alright. Thank you Angel.”

Warren walked over to the supply cabinet and grabbed the compression bandages he needed to wrap her ribs and her special band aid box. He walked back over to the bed and held out the band aid box for her to see.

She gasp in surprised which caused her to wince. She didn't care about the pain in that moment. The box in her hand was all that mattered. Oh, how she loved her big blue furry friend. He knew her so well.

On the box Hank had left a note that was intended for her.

* OPEN IN CASE OF MISCHIEVOUS MOMENTS*

Logan looked at the box Ororo was holding and almost gagged at how girly it was.

The band aid box was black with pink skulls and what looked like to be a white rabbit with a pointy tail. It was wearing a black clown hat with the same pink skull in the middle of it.

“What the heck is that thing?” Logan asked.

“This is Kuromi.”

“What the hell is a Kuromi?” Logan asked. He almost didn't want to know what it was but if it was making Ororo smile then it was worth going down the girly road to hell.

“She is a rabbit and a very mischievous one. I'm almost embarrassed to tell you that she is apart of Hello Kitty.”

“You're inta Hello Kitty?” Logan asked trying not to laugh and failing miserable.

Ororo hid her face in her hands and nodded.

“Oh, it's not that bad 'Ro. I mean it's Hello Kitty not porn. I know this shit is huge in Japan. So, c'mon, stop hidin' behind your hands.”

“I should have never said anything.” Ororo said still holding her flushed face in her hands.

Logan didn't like that she was hiding that beautiful face behind her hands.

"C'mon on our 'Ro."

“You're still laughing.”

“I'll stop.”

Ororo heard the seriousness in Logan's voice and knew he wasn't lying when he said he woulds stop.

Slowly she removed her hands from her face and was rewarded with a smile from him that would brighten anyone's day.

“There's my girl. And I'm not laughing AT ya 'Ro. I'm laughing with you.”

Ororo's heart skipped a beat and her face flushed slightly at Logan calling her his girl.

“'Ro, I'm gonna start wrapping your ribs now. I want you to take your meds now.” Warren said as he handed the medication and a small cup of water to her.

Ororo took her medication and hoped that Logan didn't notice her blush.

“Ok,'Ro lift up your shirt. Logan can you wait outside? I'll call you back in when I'm done.” Warren said.

Logan really didn't want to leave but he didn't want to seem like a pervert either. He was just about to go when Ororo spoke.

“It's alright Warren. Logan can stay if he wants to.”

“Ya sure 'Ro?” Logan asked

“It's just skin Logan and nothing you have not seen before on others. You will not offend me by being here. I would appreciate if you would stay.”

“Ok. As long as it doesn't bother ya.”

“It does not.”

“Then I'll stay. Besides, I can keep an eye on Angel here and make sure he's real careful.”

“He will do just fine if you stop scaring the poor man. You are doing just fine Warren. I am ready when you are.”

“Thanks 'Ro.” Warren said with a smile. “Go ahead and lift up your shirt.”

Ororo slowly lifted up her shirt and that's when Logan got his first glimpse of the bruises that were forming on her skin.

He could feel his blood start to boil and his beast start to howl inside of him as more of her injuries became visible.

Memories of her ordeal in the Danger Room started to flood Logan's mind. He began visualizing every kick and punch she received from the holographic T'Challa and correlating it to the bruises on her body and he started to become angry.

Angry at T'challa for the words he said spat out at Ororo. Angry at that piece of shit excuse of a man called her husband that put his hands on her. Angry that Ororo never told him fully about what happened in Wakanda. Angry that she never trusted him enough with her pain. Angry that she put herself in that stupid situation in the Danger Room. Most of all, he was angry at himself for waiting until his good friend was laying in his arms a blood, bruised mess before he step in and did something.

With each passing second the images and his rage became more vivid and have him seeing red. He looked over at her once perfectly colored cocoa skin that was now covered with deep dark purple and black bruising and he felt the need to rip something or someone apart.

Logan was so consumed with anger that he didn't even realize that the tips of his claws were breaking through his skin. The pain it was causing didn't even register.

Nothing registered to him except the all consuming need he was feeling to go berserk. His beast was reveling in it. It wanted nothing more to leave and exact it's revenge. And not on some holographic image. Oh no. It wanted the real thing. It wanted The Black Panther.

It wanted nothing more than to sink all six of it's claws in the chest of the Panther and watch as he howled in pain from the wounds he had inflicted. And right before the Panthers death, he would look into to his eyes so it would know who it was that had beaten him and why.

No one touches what is his.

The beast inside could tell Logan was wavering and tried to stay control.

* Protect * *Kill * * Ours * *Mate *

This was the beast's mantra.

It almost had him until they both heard the most wonderful sound breaking through the rage induced fog they were in.

It stopped before they knew what it was.

* Protect * *Kill * *Ours...

There it was again. It was longer this time. They were able to identify it.

It was a chuckle.

It was Ororo chuckling.

They had never heard her chuckle before. It was like music.

The more she did it, the calmer both he and his beast felt.

* Protect * *Kil...

Logan's claws began to retract and his beast went back to it's slumber as he began to focus more on Ororo's laughter.

No longer consumed by his anger, Logan now gave his full attention to what was making Ororo laugh.

“So, each one of the band aid boxes in the cabinet belongs to someone?” Warren asked

“Yes.” Ororo laughed. “Hank had a lot of fun making them.”

“Well, I know Kuromi belongs to you but who do the other two boxes belong too?” Warren asked

Ororo stopped laughing and became very quiet and a sad smile appeared on her face.

Logan stepped towards Ororo and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“You ok, darlin'?”

Ororo turned slightly towards Logan and nodded.

“I'm sorry 'Ro. I shouldn't have asked. I should have....”
Warren felt awful for not thinking before he spoke. He should have known who they belonged to.

Ororo waived Warren off.

“It's alright my friend. You did nothing wrong.” Ororo took a moment to compose herself before she spoke again.

“The Spider-Man box belongs to Scott. Hank made them especially for him after the one time we had a mission with Spider-Man and Scott got a bad case of hero worship.”

“I remember that mission. Old web head came in handy against the Juggernaut.” Logan said

“Yes, he did. I also remember you, Hank, and Remy teasing poor Scott.”

“Yup and we enjoyed every minute of it. I mean c'mon 'Ro the guy was practically stalking Spidey during the mission. I thought for a second we would have found Scooter with Spidey in the basement saying “It puts the lotion on.”

Ororo and Warren both laughed so hard they were crying.

“Oh. Ow. That hurts. Laughing hurts. But I can't stop.” Ororo said

It took a minute but Ororo was able to stop laughing long enough to talk about the last box.

“The last box. It belonged to Jean.”

Ororo felt her heart ache at the mention of her dear sister. A lone tear escaped her eye before she knew it was there. She missed Jean more than words could express. Like Charles, she reached out her mind out to Jean and was again rewarded with the silence.

Logan kissed the back of Ororo's head and sighed into her hair. The gesture took both Ororo and Warren by surprise. PDA's were not Logan's thing. So when what happened just happened it made them even more significant. She didn't even think Logan knew he had done it.

“I miss her too.” Logan said.

“She loved Strawberry Short Cake. I would catch her sometimes watching the show on Saturday mornings with some of the younger students and sometimes by herself when she thought no one was looking. When Hank found her out he had the band-aid box made just for her and made sure that they smelled like strawberries. She loved them. I miss her so much. Not a day goes by that I do not think about my friend.” Ororo said

She then started to feel sleepy and yawned.

“I think those meds are kicking in at the right time because I'm all done. You can put your shirt down.”

Ororo started to feel really sleepy now. She knew it wasn't just the meds making her drowsy. The events of the day were finally catching up to her.

“I think I'm going to lay here for a while, if that's OK with you Warren.”

“I was just going to suggest you get some sleep. And of course you can stay here. You might even get some sleep without having people knock on your door asking if you're alright.”

“I think you're right.”

"Let me put those band-aids on you hands real quick."

Ororo looked down at her hands when Warren was done and smiled.

"They look good on ya 'Ro." Logan said admiring her hands.

"Thank you Logan."

“I'll get you a blanket. Be right back.” Warren said then went over to the cabinet to get a warm blanket.

A moment later he returned and found Logan lowering Ororo's bed for her. He smiled at her then placed the blanket on.

Ororo sighed at the feel of the warm blanket against her skin. Although a blanket was not necessary because she could regulate her body temperature it still felt great to snuggle into.

“Thank you Warren. This feels wonderful.”

“You're welcome. Do you need anything else?”

“May I have some water for later.”

“Sure. I'll grab a pitcher.”

As Warren left to get a plastic pitcher Ororo's eyes started to get heavier and she was almost asleep when she heard a chair being pulled up to her bed.

“Logan, you do not have to stay. I know you have a busy day ahead of you. I'll be fine here.”

Logan pulled the chair closer to the bed and leaned in towards her.

“You hard of hearing woman? I told you earlier that I'm not going anywhere.”

“But, you have the school to run?”

“Yeah, so. I have a friend who needs me and.... I have other people to help out with keepin' the school from blowin' up while I'm down here. You tryin' to get rid of me?”

“No. I just don't want to be any more of a bother than I already have been.”

“Ya ain't. And if it's a choice between sittin' here with you or doing paperwork, you win hands down.”

“Are you sure?” she asked through a yawn

“Woman, would you quit it. Now close those eyes and get some rest. When you wake up I'll be right here.”

“Promise?” Ororo asked half asleep

“Yeah, darlin'. Cross my heart.”

Warren walked back in the room with his hands full. He placed the pitcher of water on the table near Ororo's bed and handed the blanket and pillow he had in his other hand to Logan.

“Thanks, bub.”

“I figured you might be staying. That chair you're sitting in sucks so if you need to use the other bed feel free.”

“I will.”

“Anything you need Logan? I'm gonna head back upstairs since you're staying here.”

“Yeah. Tell the others unless the schools is under attack from the Brotherhood, the military, aliens, or any other fuck'n enemy we have I'm not to be disturbed today. I'm...trustin' ya all to handle what ever situation comes your way. Don't make me regret it.”

“We won't. I'll make sure your not disturbed.”

“Good. Now beat it, so we can get some sleep.”

“I think she's way ahead of you. I'll come back around dinner time to check on you both. See ya later.”

“See ya, kid.” Logan said as Warren left the med lab.

Logan looked over to Ororo who was indeed fast asleep. He smiled at how peaceful she looked.

He propped the pillow Warren gave him behind his head and then placed the blanket around his legs.

“Have a good sleep darlin'.” were the last words Logan said before he closed his eyes and fell right to sleep.





You must login () to review.