Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay guys, so this is a two parter. It was getting really long so I cut it short. The second part i'm still working on, but i figured this is a nice place to leave it at. So please enjoy!
He hadn’t realized he was seeking her out until he spotted a pair of sandals outside of the greenhouse. He wasn’t even sure what he was doing, if he was being completely honest with himself. Talking with her was easy, she never once pressured him. Ororo only expected him to be honest, and for each secret she shared, he should share his own. They were conditions that he could live with. His guard was down when he was around her, and though he didn’t exactly like that, he couldn’t stop himself from talking to her. She radiated strength and a gentle calm, but underneath that, there was something more, something he couldn’t exactly put his finger on, and it was that something that prevented him from staying away.

So, he stuffed his hands into his pockets, and made his way closer to the greenhouse. He wasn’t exactly sure what she was doing out here. The wind nipped at his skin, and he pulled his leather jacket tighter around his broad frame. Snow crunched under his boots, and he wondered what could exactly grow in the winter.

And what the hell was she doing with her shoes off?

He reached up to remove his cigar from the breast pocket of his flannel, but that better of it. She’d probably make him put it out; so instead, Logan moved his hand back into the pocket and stepped into the greenhouse. With dark eyes, he watched her dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a pink colored t-shirt. Ororo was standing over a wooden table with her back facing him, and he couldn’t exactly see what she was doing. The room reeked of soil, the sweet scent of her flowers, and the unique scent of rain that he’s come to recognize as her.

“Logan,” her voice broke through the silence, and Ororo turned to look at him from over her shoulder. She had always been able to sense him, to just know when his eyes were on her. The weather witch couldn’t explain it, she didn’t have the words to explain it, but somehow she always knew when he was there. She smiled at him now, and was thrilled to see that he quirked the corners of his own mouth in return at her. “Hello.”

“’Roro,” he greeted her, and stepped further into the room. He observed her dirt covered feet and hands, and didn’t comment on the smudge she had on her right cheek bone. With silent steps, he moved different sized pots, and bags of soil and fertilizers to stand on the other side of the table. He was still getting used to her ability to be able to sense him. It was strange, really, because no one has been so aware of his presence like she was. At first, Logan hasn’t noticed it, hadn’t noticed her slight shift in stance so that her body faced his, or either inched closer or further away from him. He didn’t start noticing until before the mess with Stryker and Jean’s death. No, Logan hasn’t noticed until he came back from his trip.

"Rogue’s birthday is comin’ up. I have no idea what ta get her," he said after a moment. After watching her move plants from one pot into a larger one, he wordlessly started helping her.

"Ah yes. Jubilation and Kitty have been planning it for month. According to Jubilee, the eighteenth birthday is just as important as the twenty-first," Ororo said and reached across the table to help Logan steady a plant as he added some more soil. “I have a feeling that you could give Rogue a shoelace and as long as there went some thought behind it, she would be happy."

Logan grunted, because that honestly wasn’t helpful. He couldn’t remember the last time he bought someone a gift, and since it was Marie it’s that much harder. “Ya ain’t helpin’, ‘Ro."

"I know," she caught his eye and grinned cheekily at him before continuing her work. “I suggest you spend some time with her, take her to dinner or a movie. Nothing too extravagant, she won’t appreciate it unless you are also enjoying yourself. If you would like to buy her something, get her something that you would thing she would like, or something that you want her to have."

With that in mind for Logan, the two fell into a moment of silence. He thought of the options he had for Marie’s birthday as they took care of the plants. Within twenty minutes, they were finished, and Ororo moved the potted plants to the ground before sitting up on the table. Logan stood for a second, because he should leave, should figure out what to do with Marie, but instead he sat on the table next to Storm. She only lifted a curious eyebrow at him but looked pleasantly surprised regardless.

"Tell me about the guy ya thought ya loved."

Ororo was surprised, because Logan usually didn’t pry into her personal life. But with the way their conversations have been lately, she shouldn’t be that surprised. But he sounded genuine, as if he was actually curious. Ororo would answer him, honestly of course, because that was her silent bargain. As long as Logan let her in, told her about his life, she will always do the same. Sometimes it takes years to build trust, but Ororo was willing to trust Logan with her life within a day. The stories, the secrets, it was just to reaffirm that trust, to put a sort of friendship with that trust.

"His name was T’Challa-"

"As in the Black Panther?"

"Yes."

He whistled, and shook his head, the look of impressed disbelief clear as day on his face. “Jesus."
She gave him a sharp look, the same one she gave her students when they interrupted her. He flashed her a wolfish grin, and Ororo continued.

"He saved my life. I was being haunted for my abilities. They wanted to control me in order to, essentially, control the world. I was hit with a tranquilizer, and he - he saved me from being captured. I was brought back to my teacher, and the rest of the orphans, and T’Challa stayed. We fell in love, quickly and completely. T’Challa and I left, he had to continue his walkabout, and invited me with him. I was still being haunted though, and eventually, they caught up with me. It was an awful mess, but T’Challa and I got out of it. I continued to travel with him, and I fell more and more in love. In the five years that we traveled together, I met so many wonderful people, saw so many glorious places. I learned a lot." She paused her, coming back from her past. At some point, she had looked away at Logan. Her eyes had focused on some sunflowers in the corner while her mind brought her back to her childhood. Now, she was looking at Logan now though, and she didn’t hide the pain she felt. It’s been over ten years, but it still hurts. “All good things end. I was a distraction, and I kept him away from his duties as a king, so we ended things."

There was a moment of silence, and Logan wrapped an arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer. The gesture surprised her, but it was a comfort nonetheless. Ororo rested her head on his shoulder, and blue eyes returned to the sunflowers.

"The man is a fuckin’ idiot," Logan grumbled from above her, and she grinned, because it wasn’t the first time she’s heard someone call T’Challa an idiot.

"He was a good man."

"Ain’t a smart man if he let ya go."

"Can you say that you would have done differently if you had a country to rule?"

"I woulda married ya. If ya can deal with my shit fer five years, I’m not lettin’ ya go." Logan answered easily as if of was the most obvious solution in the world, and it was for him. He didn’t get along with many people, couldn’t stand a majority of the people he knew. The kids are fine, he liked Marie and her friends, Ororo was beginning to turn into a friend, and he doesn’t use that term loosely. The professor was decent, Scott was meh. Anyone outside of these walls though, he can’t stand.

But to travel and spend five years with just one person, that is commitment. He didn’t know Ororo well, but she took care of everyone around her, she was honest, and from what he could gather, incredibly loyal. She was also sexy as hell, so anyone that gave her up because she was a distraction was a fucking idiot.
She twisted from under his arm, and Logan suddenly felt her lips brush against his cheek. Even under his stubble, he could tell she had soft lips. She murmured a quiet thank you. He tightened his arm around her shoulder. “Yer welcome."


Chapter End Notes:
So, Ororo's story is actually canon, about the men hunting her and of how she met T'Challa. All of that happened in 'Storm'. The time she spent with T'Challa I obviously made up though. But I hoped you liked it and please review!



You must login () to review.