(Logan)

Well. This is……interesting. I spent most of my life in my own personal hell, got kicked outta that hell, into a new hell, drug myself outta that one...and now I’m here. In a new “universe” where my wife and kids don’t exist but my friends (my family?) are still alive.

I ain’t killed em here. But the me (?) from this timeline is dead. Guess I took his place, huh?

Not everyone is so happy about that, though.

Ol’ One Eye- he says I’m more of an asshole than the “other me” was. I guess a Canucklehead like me can smell Scooter’s bullshit from any universe.

Jeannie- apparently she dies a lot here. But she’s back-I wonder why the “other me” ain’t get called back too?

Anyhoo, Jeannie done hooked back up with the Boy scout, yet she’s eyein’ me when she think I ain’t lookin.

*Sigh* Same shit, different universe, I guess.
Kurt and Tin man seem ecstatic to have me back. Say I’m close enough to what they thought an Old Wolverine would be. Don’t know why, but that made me feel good. Like maybe I wasn’t intruding too much.

Kitten, Jubes- They’re a little wary of me, I smell it on ‘em. But they’re makin the effort. Guess they loved the guy.

The guy. Me? Him? Shit.

Ro.

She won’t come near me. I can sense the apprehension. It comes off of her in waves- makes me sick that she feels that way around me. Especially when I’d go through all the shit I went through five times over just to keep her near me this time.

Back in “my universe” (I still feel weird sayin that),

I...

I… loved her. Loved her so damn much. But, I killed her too. Killed ‘em all. The whole time I thought I was killin the bad guys. Then I woke up and realized, I killed my family.

Before that I’d made up my mind to tell Ro everything- that I was done wanderin, done frettin and bein an asshole and if she would let me, I was ready to try to be better’n I was. For her. I was gonna be done with the bullshit with Jeannie, and I was ready.

Waited too long. Never got to tell her. Killed her instead.

But I guess even assholes like me get second chances.
Kitty told me that in this time and place, me and Ro- we was together. I’d be lyin if I said I didn’t shit myself down both legs and fall back in it outta excitement. Outta- hope.

Me and her- we had something here. It took years but we finally made it. Jesus.

That I explains why she keeps me at arm’s length. She hopes I’m like him but she don’t want to get her spirits up, just in case I ain’t like him.

But just from watchin her these past few weeks, I know.

She’s my Ro. She acts like I remember. But there’s another thing.

She…. She…smells the same. That ain’t something you can change, or copy. Once I get a scent, I remember it. The beast- it remembers it’s mate. It’s her. My Ro. Mine.

She’s been sitting in the study for a coupla hours now. I tried to speak to her at lunch, ya know, small talk. She was nice enough, but she made her excuses and left.

Then the rain came.

She’s been in the study for a coupla hours, I been outside the study door for a coupla hours. Waitin her out.

But know I smell the salt of her tears and I gotta fix it. I gotta tell her everything. I don’t know how long I’ll last in this universe, but damned if I ain’t gonna make her mine while I gotta chance. I ain’t gonna fuck up this time. Like the “other me” damn near did before he ditched her by dyin on her. Between me and the “other me” I’d say I got two different spaces of lost time to make up for.

I’m game.





You must login () to review.