13. Epilogue

Summary:
To explain the secret....and set the grounds for the upcoming sequel!!


“We got married…..a month ago, today.”

For the next few seconds the whole table was silent, dumbstruck by the left-right hook and center knockout punch that Ororo and Logan had just delivered. The first one being that Ororo was pregnant. Pregnant….with a capital ‘P’. The resident mother goddess was going to become an actual mother within months….well she was already one in many ways, depending on where you stand on the whole definition of life issue.

The second and more startling news was, the father of the children. Children!! Meaning more than one. That was big news in itself, but even that paled in front of the one about Logan, the one more notoriously known as the Wolverine, being the father and accepting it. Hell, if the wide and unnerving grin on his face was anything to go by, he was practically turning cartwheels on the inside and ready to do them on the outside.

If those two weren’t big enough in themselves, Wolverine literally shoved his fist in Cyclops’ face, not to punch his lights out, but to blow away him and his ability to think, with the wedding ring he was sporting. The partner of which was resting proudly on his ‘wife’s’ ring finger. Now there was a couple that could only have been conjured in heaven or hell…depending on….fuck it. No one could even think of putting the two of them together. Not at the first sight at least.


A loud shriek and ear piercing whistle was what that finally breached the wall of silence, all courtesy of the mall brigade, Jubilee, Kitty and Rogue. Each happy for the new couple and for themselves too.

Rogue was happy that Logan and Ororo finally came out and that would let her relax now. Kitty was happy because she looked up to Ororo as a surrogate mother and her marriage and pregnancy were events worth rejoicing and celebrating. As for Jubilee, she could give a whole list of things she was happy about….her *intel* on the Logan-Ororo ‘scandal’ was correct after all, there would a big party now and who enjoyed a party more than resident party animal, Jubilee *PAFF* Lee, thank you very much. And most importantly, a party meant clothes…new clothes….new clothes which would be got from the MALL. Whoo Hoo!!….can life get any better?

--

“Muh-Ma-Mar…Married?” Jean finally managed to shake the stupefying haze from her mind and form words. “One month?”
“Yes,” Ororo answered with a shy smile with a hint of pride peeking through it. As for her other, her wilder half, Logan was all pride. He was proud of his achievement and more than that, he was proud of his wife and that she loved him. When he first came to the mansion, he would never have thought that his life would change so much, and that too in such a short period.


Suddenly, just out of nowhere, the couple got stormed…literally, with everyone trying to hug Ororo and shake Logan’s hand and maybe even pat him on the back. Even Scott gave the couple his congratulations. Although he would be the first one to admit that he wouldn’t have ever thought of putting the weather goddess and the hair-trigger feral as a couple, he was happy for both of them. They seemed happy with each other, they were going to become parents and they had even got married. That being said, he set a mental reminder to give Logan a pep talk of what to expect in a married life and especially what would happen if he hurt Ororo in any way or form.

---

“So you hid it from all of us…from me.” Jean pouted a little once they had settled down, the dinner almost forgotten. “And lied to us,” she shot daggers at her best friend’s husband.
“What?!” Logan shrugged. “I didn’t lie. Ya asked about our kids and I told you about our kids.”
“Some kids.” Scott interjected. “You lied to us and hit me. Jean heard Ororo tell you that you need to help with the kids.”
“Yeah, so?” Logan narrowed his eyes.
“That means you lied,” Scott declared with conviction.

“Scott, Logan did not lie,” Ororo stepped in for her husband. “He told you the truth under the circumstances.”
“Yeah, sure,” Scott’s frown relaxed as he smiled and shook his head. “You will take his side now.”
“What do you mean circumstances?” Jean picked up on Ororo’s words.
“I mean, what you heard was exactly what I was talking to Logan about and what he told and showed you,” Ororo explained. “The two plants were our first children. We made a deal, in which Logan imported the plants and paid for their care and I took care of them. That was our deal and those were the kids I was talking to him about.”

“Oh,” Jean nodded her head, a smile starting on her lips. “But now you changed the deal.”
“Yup,” answered Ororo. “Now he has to help me with taking care of them too.”
“Hmph,” was all Logan said, eliciting giggles and laughs from all around the table.

“I’ll make it up to you dearest,” Ororo whispered in his ear, her hand gently caress his denim covered thigh.
“Hmm…” Logan relented, his own hand coming to rest over hers and gently squeezing it. “’can hardly wait.”

--

“So where did you guys get married?” Jubilee piped up.
“The city court,” Ororo smiled at her.
“City court? But don’t you need like witnesses or something for that?” the teenager shot back.
“Yup, an’ we got ourselves not two but three of those,” Logan cut in.
“Three!!” Jubilee echoed as she turned her head, her eyes narrowing at Rogue. “I bet I know one of those three.”

“Oww,” it was Rogue’s turn to yelp as Jubilee pinched her through her covered upper arm. “What was thaht foh?”
“Foh not telling us thaht ya knew,” Jubilee crooned in a mimicked southern accent.
“Jubilee. Please don’t blame Rogue,” Ororo calmed her. “We made her promise that she wouldn’t tell.”
“Yeah, yeah, I know,” answered Jubilee with mock hurt. “Logan must have done it. And I bet she didn’t even tell her boyfriend.”

“Remy already know,” Gambit’s black-red eyes flashed bright. “Stormy tell him, an’ he be the second witness.”
“WHAT!!”
Remy grinned at Jubilee. “Stormy be Remy’s padnat. How can she get married without tellin’ ‘im?”
“You too,” Scott scrunched his face. “So who was the third one? The Professor?”
“Yes Scott,” Charles answered calmly. “I am the third guilty party and I must say I was honored when both Logan and Ororo approached me.”
“So you knew all about this?” Jean turned to Charles. “Both you and Henry.”
“Yes,” Xavier nodded. “Henry knew before me, given the fact he was the second person to know about Ororo’s pregnancy.”

“He was the third,” Logan corrected him. “He knew after Ororo.”
“And who was the first?” Henry seemed intrigued.
“Me,” Logan tapped his nose. “I knew it before her. I just waited fer her ta find out and let me know about it. I was afraid of how she would feel about havin’ a kid with me, let alone two, at one time.”
“And I was afraid of his reaction to becoming a father,” Ororo expressed her own fearful misgivings.
“But everything seems to have worked out,” Scott pointed at their rings. “Or are there some problems still lingering?”

“Nah,” Logan flipped his hand. “Just one. I need to get my stuff to her room. Its bigger and there’s enough space up there to make two smaller rooms fer the kids.”
“That shouldn’t be a problem,” Charles spoke evenly. “I am sure everyone will be more than happy to assist you in this venture. We are all family here.”

That comment gained yeahs and yups from everyone at the table.

----

Later, after dinner

“Ororo,” Jean turned to her newly married friend.
“Yes Jean,” she looked up from the dishes she was setting in the washer.
“Have you and Logan thought of having a public ceremony? I mean one with dress and the tuxedo.”
“We have thought about it,” Ororo nodded in affirmation. “He has left it up to me. He says that he doesn’t believe in any specific god. Well his actual words were that he has his own personal goddess now and he doesn’t care about any other gods or goddesses. As for me, I still haven’t decided what to about it.”

“What is there to do,” Jubilee piped up as she tumbled in through the door. The three musketeers, Kitty, Rogue and her, they had been eavesdropping on the conversation and decided to put in their two cents. “We have to have the whole walking down the aisle stuff and more importantly the new clothes.”

“Yes, Ms. Monroe,” Kitty nodded her head. “Oh, can’t call you that now, can we?”
“No, you dumbo,” Rogue smacked her shoulder. “She will now be Mrs. Howlett. Thaht’s Logan’s family name, even if he don’t use it.”

Both Ororo and Jean just shook their heads, smiling at the high spirited conversation of the three Logan-Ororo fans.


“Ororo,” Jubilee finally broke away from her roommates and came to the kitchen counter. “I do have one very important question.”
“Yes Jubilee,” Ororo continued with her work, knowing fully well what that question was going to be. She had been waiting for it.

“How in the hell did the two of you get together?” The teenager’s question was blunt and entirely guileless. “And not only that. How did you manage to keep it a secret from everyone else?”
“It all started the time we came back from Alkali Lake,” Ororo finally walked towards her.

“And….”
“And….” Ororo continued walking away. Reaching the kitchen door, she turned to face her expectant teammates. “That is a secret…..”


“….for another Sunday.”


Note: I had worked on this fic quite some time ago. The version posted here (now) is a revised version.

The follow-up story, the one of how they got together, is already under the works. Have about four chapters already done. Will be posting them soon under the title, ‘The Story’. Although that fic. will be written as an independent one and in 'real time' i.e. not necessarily a flashback, there might be some references from that, if and when I add something to this first one.

There is however, one more chapter left (yeah, even though this one is titled 'Epilogue'), one that I wrote specially while revising for my post on That one leads directly into ‘Secret 2 - The Story’.

Also, check out my other light and 'cute' RoLo story, 'Once Upon A Time...'

Please Review!





You must login () to review.