4. Sat-“Ugh”-Day

Summary:
Its Saturday....and everyone seems to be angry with each other....everyone except...well you know!!


**You could always tell him that you were dreaming about Logan. I am sure he would appreciate it.**

“NO” Scott Summers thundered, his face red as the color of his eyes. “There is no way I am going to a place where I can see that pompous idiot beat up people and get paid for it and also get applauded by an equally crude, drunk and rowdy audience.”
“Scott….” Jean tried.
“No Jean. How could you do this to me? To us? What got into you, that you agreed to have us accompany Ororo to some dark, shady, broken up dump and watch men act like animals? By the way, where is Ororo? I need to have a talk to her. She is also not going to go there, and neither are we.”
“Scott please…”
“Have both of you gone crazy? It may be Logan’s idea of a nice weekend outing. Coloring the town red….” He spat out. “….literally. Red with the blood of those stupid enough or drunk enough to go against the ‘Great’ Wolverine.”

“So that’s it.” Jean lost her patience. “That is the main reason. You are paranoid of what might happen. You don’t want to go there. Your leader-brain can’t step back for a simple evening and try and have some fun. Try something new.” She was getting red in the face.

“Simple? Fun!” Scott was shocked. “Are you even listening to yourself? Where is Logan? Where is that metal-headed maniac? I am going to have to knock some sense into him…blast more like it.”

”Logan is not in the mansion.” Jean pushed him back. She was fuming now. “And you are not going to say or do anything. Not to Logan and definitely not to Ororo. I was going to try to convince you in a civilized manner. But you are being such a pighead that I-I… Guess what Scott Summers. We are going to get ready, we are going to go out tonight and we are going to enjoy ourselves. You will shut up and get ready on time…understood.”
“Jean,” It was now Scott’ turn to plead.
“We will spend a nice day in the mansion, have our lunch and dinner and then, we are going to get ready and go out with Ororo and Logan. Now if something in that plan does not sit with you. Then I suggest that you find some one to spend your weekend evenings and nights with. Either we are going out with them tonight or you will have to stay back alone, for this Saturday and a lot of future ones.”

“Jean…..”
“You have half an hour to make you decision mister,” Jean pointed to the clock on the far wall of their room. “I am going for my bath and while I am in there, you can think, fume, curse, blast, do whatever you want, because the moment I step out of the bathroom, I want an answer. Yes or No.”

With that, she got up and walked, rather stomped to the bathroom. Stepping inside, she slammed the door behind her.

**Your time starts now** was her parting telepathic comment.

----

Meanwhile in a room in the students’ wing,

“I am going to kill him,” Jubilee was pacing the room, her hands moving animatedly in front of her, gesturing to strangle an imaginary neck. “I am going to grab hold of his thick redneck neck and then I am going to kill him.”

At an intrusive snicker, “What are you snickering at,” she stormed over to Rogue, who was giggling at her latest ‘neck-neck’ comment. “Did I just say something funny? If yes, then please tell me, because I was being completely serious.”
“No, ah….no,” Rogue clamped a gloved hand over her mouth in an unsuccessful attempt to stop her tittering.

“You don’t get to laugh,” Jubilee closed in on her, grabbing a down pillow for a weapon. “You keep your southern trap shut. Its all your fault.”
“Mah fault,” Rogue’s mouth fell open, her eyes grew wider and darting between the approaching Asian firecracker and their third roommate, Kitty, who right now was trying to stop herself from bursting out into laughs. She didn’t want to have hurricane Jubilee turn on her. “What did ah do?”

“What did Ah do?” Jubilee’s mimicking of her caused Rogue to frown and Kitty to press her lips even tighter. “I’ll tell you what ‘yah’ did? You….” She started. A second later, she seemed to lose what she was going to blame Rogue for. ‘Yeah what did she do?’ she asked herself.
“Yes Jubilee,” Kitty squeaked from side of the room. “What did Rogue do? You were the one who went to the….”
“You keep outta this Kitty-Kat,” Jubilee fired off at her. “Unless you want to become Crispy-Kat.”

“Why should she keehp quaiht,” Rogue shot back. Kitty’s interruption had given her the time she needed to get her thoughts together. Why was she being blamed? It was Jubilee who went to the kitchen this morning. Logan must have caught her scent and knowing that it was Saturday, made a run for it. He needed to get away from the mansion to avoid being deputized by shopping sheriff, Jubilee ‘Sales-n-Deals’ Lee. “Yah were the one who scared Logan awayh.”
“Me?” Jubilee sounded surprised, angry even. But her voice was cracking. She knew where Rogue was leading to.

“Yes, you,” Kitty backed her southern teammate. “You were the one who went outside first. You should know better than to run around this early in the morning on a Shop-tur-day. We had decided to send Rogue out first. Logan doesn’t run from her, not like he does when he catches the first whiff of your bubblicious chewing gum."
“Hmph….” Jubilee pouted and fell back on her bed. Clutching the pillow to her chest, she spoke in a softer voice. “So what do we do now? Whom do we trick, I mean request to take us to the mall?”

“Let Rogue and me handle it,” Kitty smirked at her. Jubilee was perpetually active, except for when she was sleeping, or when she had lost out on a shopping spree opportunity. “We have placed a back up, specifically for such times.”

“Who? Remy?” Jubilee pointed at Rogue, who blushed at the name of the red-eyed Cajun, card thrower. “You know we can’t take him, even if he has his own car. Its not allowed. We need a teacher to take us.”
“We are going tah have a teacher tahke us,” Rogue grinned and wiggled her eyebrows.

“Who?”

“Come here,” Kitty called her to the window. “There.” she pointed outside. “There’s our emergency back-up.”

----

“Scott,” Jean spoke from the bathroom door. “Have you made a decision?”
“Jean…” her husband got up from their bed and came towards her. “Do we have to go there? We can go someplace that’s less….less Loganesque. How about both of us go to that restaurant you love so much? The open aired one. The one with the view of the ocean.”
“No Scott, we can not, not tonight.” Jean was feeling bad about having to force Scott, but she had promised Ororo. Promise. She felt like kicking herself. “Tonight we are going to get ready and accompany Ororo to a nice quiet cage fight.”
“Yeah, reeeeal nice and quiet,” Scott scowled at her attempt of humor. “Why are you forcing me to do this? What did I do wrong?”

“Oh Scott,” Jean’s hard ‘Battle Scott’ exterior flexed a little. “Its just that I sort of made a promise to Ororo, and she asked me to get both of us to go with her to Logan’s fight tonight.”
“Promise. Why did you do that? No wait. Spare me that explanation. Just tell me since when has Ororo, the most peace loving person we know, started going to Logan’s cage fights.”
“I don’t know,” Jean shrugged her shoulders. “Its just something she sprung up today. I think there is something going on between her and Logan.”
“WHAT?” Scott sounded both surprised and angry at her words. “Ororo….and….”
“Logan,” Jean supplied.
“….and Logan,” Scott slowly nodded his head. “Something between them.”
“Yes”

Scott was silent for a few seconds before breaking out into loud peals of laughter.

“Scott, I am serious,” Jean spoke tightly, her words not affecting her husband at all. He was laughing loudly, his hands at his sides. “Scott.”

Scott peered through his squinted, visor-covered eyes, hoping for Jean to give in and reveal the joke behind her comment. However, the look on her face was all business.

“You are joking, right?” he asked sobering up.
“Does it look like I am joking?” Jean was losing her patience now. First the ‘fight promise’ problem and now this. This was not going to be a good Saturday.
“Whatever gave you that idea?” Scott was serious now. “Ororo….with Logan of all people. Couldn’t you choose two people who were any farther apart?”
“I have noticed a couple of things about them,” Jean said, not revealing her dream of both of her teammates. Things were already difficult. Telling Scott that she had dreamt about Logan, even if he had been with Ororo, wasn’t going to help improve things. “And to answer your second question, they are not so different from each other.”

“What do you mean?” the frown was back and Jean could sense his eyes boring into her.
“You’ll see,” she said and stood up. She didn’t want to discuss it right now. Scott was already stretched tight and anything more stress involving Logan would cause him to snap.

“You’ll see.”

----

“You can come out,” Ororo spoke over her shoulder. She had sensed the three intruders enter the greenhouse and standing a few feet away from her, just out of her sight. She also knew the reason for their impromptu visit.
“Good morning Ororo,” Rogue was the one to step forward. “Are yah busy raight now?”
“Not particularly. I am just spending some time with my plants. Caring for them. Watering and removing out any weeds,” Ororo answered serenely. After an hour in the greenhouse, she was feeling relaxed. “Is there something I can do for you?”
“In fact there is something,” Kitty stepped forward. “We need a few hours of your time.”
“Few hours?” Ororo raised an eyebrow. She knew that they would come to her. She had been expecting it since she had left the kitchen and returned to her room.
“Yes.” Kitty continued, suddenly hesitating. “We need….”

Jubilee nudged her aside with her hips and elbow.

“We need to go to the mall,” she said bluntly. “And our ride ran away,” she frowned at her friends. Rogue mouthed ‘yoah fault’ while Kitty stuck out her tongue at her. “I drove it away,” she said sullenly.

“Let me guess,” Ororo smirked at her. “This morning, in the kitchen. Logan. He was supposed to take you to the mall. Did you ask him about his schedule earlier?”
“No.” Jubilee had a comical frown on her face. “He knows about today. He knows we always go to the mall on Saturday. He knows we need it.”
“Not WE,” Rogue corrected her. Kitty vigorously nodded her head. “You need that. Youah a mall junkie.”
“That’s mallrat, you redneck swamprat,” Jubilee shot back.
“Who are yah cahling redneck, ya yella-bella?” Rogue stepped towards her, making an action of rolling up imaginary shirt sleeves.

“Girls,” Ororo spoke out in her ‘teacher’ voice. “I would appreciate it if you refrain from disturbing the peace of my sanctuary.”
“Sorry,” both Jubilee and Rogue apologized instantly.
“Ororo, will you take us to the mall,” Kitty spoke up. “Just for a short while, a couple of hours at the most.”
“A couple of hours,” Jubilee cried out. “It takes me that long to just cover one section of the mall.
“Jubilee!” Kitty’s tight voice silenced her.

Ororo walked up to them. “I think I can spare about four hours after lunch. That should give you a little more than three hours to get your shopping done. Is that enough?”
“Yes.” Kitty answered happily.
“Yes,” was Rogue’s smiling answer.
“I guess so,” Jubilee shrugged her shoulders. “But at least three whole hours. Right?”
“Yes Jubilation,” Ororo used her complete name. “Three whole hours.”

----

Lunchtime,

“So Jean,” Ororo walked up to her best friend and sat down across her and Scott. “How has your day been so far?”
“Not a particularly happy one,” Jean sounded sullen. “And its all because of you.”
“Me?!” Ororo sounded surprised, or at least tried to. “What did I do? I have been in my greenhouse the since morning.”
“You know what I am talking about,” Jean frowned at her. “We are going out with you in the evening.”
“Scott agreed huh,” Ororo smirked at Scott, who had a permanent scowl plastered on his face.

“Agreed to what?” Logan’s deep voice sounded from the door.
“Logan?” Ororo whirled towards him.
“The one and only,” he gave her a mischievous wink, before turning to the husband-wife couple. “Jeannie. Lookin’ good,” he commented. “Scooter. Dick-headed as ever.”
“Screw you Logan,” Scott snapped back.
Logan slowly extended a middle claw at him. “Just try it one-eye. Just try.”

“Would you two stop your testosterone face-off,” Jean snapped at them. “You are both grown men, not hormonal teenagers. Act your age.”
“Listen ta your wife Scooter,” Logan couldn’t resist another jab at Scott, who just scowled in return.
“Logan.” Ororo’s sweet voice instantly silenced him.
“Sorry ‘Ro,” he apologized to her, both Jean and Scott noticing the sudden change in his tone. That Ororo smiled back at him and moved to allow him space to sit next to her, didn’t go unnoticed either.
“Why don’t you go sit there?” Scott pointed to a chair few feet away.
“Why don’t you sit on my claws,” Logan answer was just as tight. He had sensed the tension rolling off Scott and wasn’t surprised at his mood. Not that he cared much about it. Scooter always had something stuck up his ass; usually it was his own head.

**Scott. Shut. Up** Jean scolded in her husband’s head, his sudden jerking letting both Logan and Ororo know about it.

---

Later, towards the end of lunch,

“You ready ‘Ro,” Ororo looked up at Logan. They weren’t supposed to go out till later. That is why she had consented to take the three students to the mall.
“Ready? For what?” she asked him.
“To go to the mall,” he smirked at her. “I am taking the three ‘giggle-dumps’ to the mall, and they said that ya wanted to go too.”
“Mall. Me? No…” Ororo stalled. “I was just going because they wanted someone to take them. I don’t have anything to buy for myself. And now that you are here, you can take them.”
“Oh, that I am. I am going ta take them, but I am not goin’ alone,” Logan’s grin grew wider, his eyes glinting. “Ya are comin’ along too. I am not going ta’ spend four hours alone with them. I don’t have a death wish. So get yerself inta gear and get ready.”

Jean giggled at the banter between her two teammates. Scott just scowled, digging his fork deeper into his food tray. Although Logan was acting just the way he usually did, he couldn’t get Jean’s words out of his head.

----

Sometime later,

“Logan.” Scott called. Logan was standing near the front door with Jean and Ororo. They were waiting for the three girls.
“What is it One-Eye?” Logan just gave him a cursory glance, not paying him any attention.
“I have to discuss something with you,” he said tightly. “Something private.”
“What, you again going to tell me to stay away from yer girl,” Logan threw at him. Grabbing Jean’s ringed hand, he lifted it up and pointed the ring towards Scott. He enjoyed pushing Scooter’s buttons, just because they were so many and so easy to push. “I know ya don’t trust me, but don’t ya trust this? or her?”
“I trust both of them, and this is not about her or me. Its about you.”
“So talk.”

“Not here,” Scott replied. With that, he started moving towards another door.
“What ever ya want ta say, say it here.” Logan was getting frustrated with Scooter’s anal mood. “I don’t have time fer yer song and dance.”

“Then make the time.” Scott said in full leader mode. “I will be waiting in the rec-room.”
“Then you will keep on waitin’. Alone.” Logan smirked and pointed to the girls coming down the stairs.

“As fer Me. I have a mall date with four very beautiful women.”





You must login () to review.