The trickle into the kitchen was as usual. Logan, the night owl who hardly ever slept grabbed a beer, his 4th for the morning. As he popped the tab on his Molson, Ororo came wafting through the swinging door. The perspiration a sign of her morning activities.

“How far d’ya go?”

“Good morning to you too,” she paused. “15 miles before I decided to turn back.”

“Awww, ya missed me?” He said polishing off his Molson.

“Hnh. Not particularly.”

“Wow darlin’, who knew you were such a flirt?”

“Everything is a surprise when you sniff up the wrong tree, Wolvie.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

Before she could answer, the resident red head and her one-eyed companion entered the room. The dynamics changed, as usual. They started their tired triangle. Logan flirted with Jean. Jean feigned ambivalence. Scott brewed until he snapped. Scott threatened Logan. Logan attempts to castrate Scott and Jean laughs it off while in the middle. As Usual.

Ororo watches them. Overcast darkens the sky. This is getting old, she thought. Fools.

Did you say something Ororo? Jean asked, catching a lingering voice, of what she is not sure.

“Oh, no. Of course not. Just sitting here. Me and my tea.” The sky only grew grayer with her sarcasm, especially knowing Jean probably tuned her out at “Oh”.

As usual everyone else trickled in, absorbed in their own worlds. Remy fawned over Rogue. Professor Xavier and Dr. McCoy immersed in a poly-syllabic discussion on scientific gibberish.

Their voices were melding into one. Booming. Disrupting concentration. The blackened sky negated the light of the room. Slowly people started to take notice.

“Ororo?”

She couldn’t hear. Inner turmoil of noise mimicked the weather.

‘Ro?

She slammed her fists on the table causing her tea cup to rattle the spoon. The winds picked up and the sky was streaked in lightning.

Everyone fell silent and looked to Ororo.

Thunder cracked the sky and explosion filled the noise between the intervals of lightning.

“Oh my god, Ororo. The Greenhouse just exploded.”

Ororo pushed herself away from the table, knocking the chair backwards. “Do I look concerned?!” she said while exiting the room.





You must login () to review.