Disclaimer: Don’t own any of the characters, all belong to marvel.

It all unfolds here, thanks for the reviews. I really need someone to proof read this stuff, cos my spellings are terrible. Sorry.

I promise there will be Ro/Lo coming up! And Ororo also gets to come into her, cos she kindda coming off as a bit of a push over at the mo. But trust me, she can be all peaches and cream until you cross her!

***************************************************************************************

“Where too?” Ororo asked, she wasn’t bothered just curious.
“Charles asked me to pick up some stuff from a warehouse, school supplies. I can do it after I drop you off if you don’t want to be late, it’s just quicker this way or I have to go back on myself” He answered casually, knowing full well what her reply would be, Ororo wasn’t the sort to put anyone out of their way.
“No, No, it’s fine I was just wondering”

Another 15 minuets rolled by and the two came to a warehouse in the outskirts of town as Scott pulled up he turned the engine of, took of his seatbelt and adjusted him self so that he was facing Ororo.
“Ro, you know what I said that night last week?”
Ororo gave a slight nod and looked at him waiting for him to carry on,
“I am sorry”
Ororo smiled, “Really Scott, there’s no need, I was just worried about you”
“I know, but the truth is that Jean sacrificed her life for us, for the team. One of the kids asked me a while back what the Xmen did, and I told her we were a team, such an important word isn’t? it’s all about doing what you can for the ones you care about. That’s what Jean did, I would do the same if it came to it”
Ororo nodded and agreed ,
“As would I”
“I’m glad you see it like that” he paused “It’s important. I want you to know that I‘ll never leave you behind, I’ll always come back ” Ororo’s smile changed into a confused frown.
Scott took a deep breath and changed his tone in to a much happier one,
“You reckon you could help me move some of the boxes, don’t want you to be late for your flight!”
Ororo simply undid her seat belt “Come on then”

The gravel was damp from the earlier shower, and the place had a smell of steal and machine fumes. They walked up to the used, grotty building where there were two great big metal doors, for the larger deliveries and just to the left there was a small red door above a small set of stairs. Scott led the way and Ororo followed behind, something was sending chills down her spine, she didn’t know what it was, she had never been here before but it was nothing out of the ordinary, there was just something about the place that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. When she got three steps away from the door she looked up to see Scott, he was at the door, his hand on the knob, but he wasn’t moving.

“Scott?” Ororo called his name, he looked back at her. Behind his visor his eyes were pained, he didn’t want to do this, it was Ororo, the same girl he met 5 years ago, he really had a thing for her back then, she was flawless, she had the body of a 21 year old at the age of 17, some would have mistaken her for a stuck up and arrogant, but really she was the kindest most caring person he knew, soon his attraction for her faded and he saw her only as a dear friend. He studied her face, then looked into her eyes, they really did say everything about her, they were trusting and open to him, it was a honour, she didn’t trust easily that he knew, which made the whole situation much worse. She looked like a child looking up at him.
Briefly his hand trembled and he moved it away from the door knob, he turned his gaze away from her to look at the door.

“Scott what’s wrong?” Ororo asked becoming more concerned.
Scott didn’t respond, he just looked at the door, it was flame red, almost identical to the colour he always associated with Jean, her hair, her spirit, her heart.

And that’s when he did it.

He opened the door and walked in, through the small white corridor, the paint flaking with age and through into the main holding area of the warehouse.
Ororo watched him enter and followed only two steps behind him the whole way.
Just as she entered into the main into the main room he called over his shoulder,
“Remember what we said okay?”
At that point Ororo had fully entered the room, she was just about to ask Scott what the hell was wrong with him, why was he acting so weird? When she felt a hand covered in a clothe grab her from behind and cover her mouth. Ororo’s instant reaction was to warn Scott.

He couldn’t turn round and watch, he kept his back to her, he heard muffled sounds.

Ororo whipped her leg out backwards and underneath him, not enough for him to fall, but to loose his balance, she then elbowed him in the ribs.
She was free of his grasp as she stumbled back.
Her vision becoming darker and blurred.
She called for the elements, and in no time was surrounded by sparks of dancing electricity.
She stumbled back further until she was leaning against a cold metal bar for support, she had become so heavy, she could barely stand, she knew they must have drugged her. She moved her head from side to side, she wanted to find Scott , was he hurt? She tried to scan the area, but she found her reaction times and speed were slow.
Dark figures were approaching her, but she could no longer make out who they were.
She slipped further to the ground and her eyes were closed, she could no longer see, but she could feel the clod slab of concrete on her face.
“Scott” was a final whisper, and that’s when she heard him, not speaking to her, but to someone else, a voice she recognised but was unable to make out
“I’ll see you on Sunday then?”

***************************************************************************************

“I trust everything went okay?” Xavier greeted Scott with a smile.
“Yeah, fine. She said she’d try to call, but the area is remote, and the reception is terrible”
“Good, I hope she has a well earned rest”
Charles proceed towards his office when he was stopped by Scott
“I actually do need to speak with you. There was another reason I sent Ororo on holiday”
“Oh?”
“Maybe we should discuss this in private” Scott suggested

They entered the office, the professor taking his usual spot behind the desk, and Scott in front, pulling the chair closer to the desk. Charles sensed this was going to be an important conversation.
“I know you’ve tried your best to find Jean, but you said you need help. From another telepath.” Scott said with intense meaningfulness in his voice.
“Yes I remember, but Scott we don’t know any physic that’s powerful enough…”
“We do know, just not on good terms with”
Charles became suspicious forewing his eyebrow.
“The Shadow King” Immediately Xavier cut in
“Out of the question, he will come no where near this school, and we will have nothing to do with him.” Xavier raised his voice, one of the few times he ever did. His face became stern.
“But professor, I’ve already contacted, I’m going to pay him. He’s already agreed”
“Scott!! Don’t medal with things or people you don’t understand! He is a dangerous man, too dangerous, I will not put the students in jeopardy, and certainly not Ororo.”
“Your not willing to put the students or Ororo in jeopardy?” Scott laughed and continued
“What about Jean? Was she not in jeopardy, in danger? When we went after you, to save you!” His voice rose
“You owe it to her, to at least try! Ororo is safe, she’s out of the way.
He’s coming on Sunday!”
And with that Scott left slamming the door behind him.

He retreated to the darkened room, and gazed once again at the picture of Jean Grey.





You must login () to review.