Disclaimer: Don't own any of the x-men character in any of the different Marvel universes (Cartoon, Comic or Movie). All owned and copyrighted by Marvel Comics.


“Dearly beloved….”

Anything that begins with those words usually meant a happy event and from the looks on the faces of all the gathered guests, the priest and especially the two people standing before him, this was most definitely a happy event, the happiest for both the beautiful bride and dressed in a tuxedo groom.

Dressed in a simple yet exquisitely designed lavender and white, wedding gown, the dazzling bride, Ororo Munroe, Storm of the X-Men, turned her gaze towards her lover, father of her daughter and soon to be husband, Logan, the supposedly quintessential commitment phobic and ever reluctant X-Men Wolverine.

‘Commitment Phobic,’ Ororo would have chuckled had the butterflies flying around in her stomach and her heart calmed down a bit. She was the one who deserved this title and not Logan. He, he had done his part by proposing to her two years and three months ago, soon after they came to know that she was expecting. The pregnancy, although not planned was welcomed by both parents, even more so by Wolverine. Having found not a single shred of any possible family from his past forgotten life, he was ecstatic over the news, his ready acceptance and subsequent celebration effectively ending all of Ororo’s fears.

When he proposed a week later, some of those fears and doubts rose again. Was he just marrying her because of the baby? Was it an obligation to him? The fact that even a week later, the usually sulking Wolverine could not seem to wipe the half grin (a lot for him) from his face. The students had been avoiding him completely, even more so than before. None of them wanted to be in his immediate vicinity if and when the spell broke….that is what they thought he was under. Either that or Professor Xavier finally running out of patience over his smoking inside the mansion habit had finally made some improvements in him.

Once again, her fears proved baseless as after hours of arguing Logan finally got fed up and trashed his private section of their twin room suite, to find and thrust at her the receipt for the engagement ring he had bought three months before.

It took Ororo almost two and a half years, over a dozen arguments, and one mini-separation to finally get here. The worst had been on the two-year anniversary of their engagement. Instead of the way he had greeted her the year before, Ororo woke up to find Logan packing his and their infant daughter Kendall’s bags. He was moving back into his old room and taking Kendall with him. That in itself had led to an argument which resulted in over a foot rain falling over the entire Westchester county and some serious business for both Scott, Henry and the various hospitals in the New York City area. Such had been his rage that the Danger Room remained out of commission for three whole days.

----

That was all in the past. This was now, the present and here they were, listening to those oft repeated and almost always welcomed words, albeit with different names.

“Do you Logan take thee Ororo to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, as long as you both shell live.”

‘You bet your ass,’ would have been Logan’s usual reply. Instead, given the sappiness of the moment, he settled on a simple, I do.

“And do you Ororo,” the raven haired, blue skinned, tail and three finger on each hand sporting priest, Father Kurt Wagner, patent priest and de-facto spiritual counselor of all the residents of the X-Mansion turned towards the blushing bride. “Do you take Logan to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, forsaking all others? As long as you both shall live.”

“I do.” Ororo answered evenly, heaving a sigh of relief at the words. She had been afraid of getting cold feet and refusing to say the two important words.

“By power vested in me I now pronounce you, man and wife,” Kurt smiled at the newly married couple. “You may kiss the…..bride,” the two people in question were all over each other in the blink of an eye, oblivious to the cheers, whistles and clapping going around them.

Only when they heard a squeaked mama did they break apart, Logan reaching down to lift his official flower-girl daughter.

----

Later that night, well, early next morning in fact, lying in a pool of sweat, whipped cream, sexual body fluids and tattered sheets, mattress and pillows, Logan turned to his thoroughly ravaged, tired and more than slightly sore bride. Kendall was spending the night with her youngest and probably favorite sister-aunts, Jubilee, Kitty and Rogue.

“’Ro,” Logan’s chest rumbled sending a vibratory wave down Ororo’s still tingling body. “Hey ‘Ro,” he whispered again, gently cupping and lifting Ororo’s face towards him, her head resting on the shoulder as the rest of her lay half draped over him.
“Hmmm,” Ororo looked up through shaded eyes, her lips smiling a smug satisfied languid smile.

“Now that we’ve done the deed an’ got hitched an’ everything,” even as he spoke a calmness seemed to wash over Logan, his fingers caressing Ororo’s ringed finger. “I was wonderin’ maybe we could….”
‘Uh oh,’ Ororo wasn’t sure she liked the sound of that. Kendall hadn’t even started potty training yet.
“Maybe we could arrange for another sister for….”
“Logan its too soon,” Ororo didn’t even let him finish. She knew that Logan wanted a good-sized family, at least two kids he had told her, after that its yer wish. Although it had been said in a seemingly light way, Ororo had sensed the hidden depth in it, both for the man who wanted family of his own and for the animal, the Wolverine who wanted to spread it seed.

“Hey, that’s not what I meant,” Logan blurted out. “I know its too soon to have another kid. You ain’t a baby making machine.”
“Oh, thanks for noticing,” Ororo replied with levity, lightly punching Logan’s chest.

“Ororo,” his saying her proper name and his serious tone made Ororo intently look up at him.
“What is it Logan?” She asked, caressing Logan’s mutton-chopped sideburns with her slender hand, running her fingers through the soft yet bristly hair.

“Ororo, I want to make Jubes legal too…..I want us to adopt her.”

----

Any question regarding Ororo’s response were lost as Ororo practically leapt up and captured his lips with her own. She knew Logan’s feelings towards the teenaged girl he had rescued a couple of years ago. Unlike Rogue, who had hitched a ride in his trailer, Jubilee had tried to filch with a bag of her mall shopping. Logan had tracked her and found her hours later fighting a group of anti-mutant supporters, who after getting information about a mutie girl hiding in the mall had taken it upon themselves to put her down for the betterment of humanity and for god, uh, king and country.

Ever since then, she had become a sort of surrogate daughter to them, instantly hitting it off with the other members of the X-family, especially with Kitty and Rogue with whom she now shared a room.

Logan would have adopted Rogue too, except ever since her old man kicked the bucket, she and her mother had made a sort of tentative peace and were progressing with each passing day. That and the fact that Rogue was less of a daughter and more like a younger sister to him. If there was one person who probably knew him better than Ororo, maybe even better than he knew himself, that was Rogue. He had tentatively broached the subject with the southern girl too and she had whole-heartedly given her support to him. She also joked that if he and Ororo adopted her that would create a whole lot of twisted relations, given that she had a crush on him when they first came to the mansion and her boyfriend Remy had crushed on the then free although older Ororo. The sister-brother kind of thing worked just fine for her.

‘It would also give meh pull over Jubilee,’ she added with a wink.

----

“So, I take its fine with you,” Logan chuckled once Ororo finally let go of him.
“Fine?” Ororo grinned back. “It’s more than fine. It’s amazing.”

A contented sigh escaped Logan’s lips as that answer. It was as if a load had been lifted from his chest.

“Thanks ‘Ro,” his said planting a chaste kiss against her forehead. “Thanks for everythin’….love you.”
“Thank you Logan,” Ororo whispered back. “I love you too….I’ll always love you.”

“Forever.”

-----

Present day,

The rhythmic thumping of the Harley-Davidson engine had not even faded when another sound echoed through the halls of the Xavier Mansion.

“I hate you,” the nine-year-old girl yelled at the woman standing before her….at her mother.
“Kendall Munroe,” Ororo spoke in her teacher voice, her words stopping the retreating form of her daughter, but not for the reason she hoped for.

“My name is Kendall Logan,” the feral glow in her child’s eyes was strongly reminiscent of her father.
“Your name is Kendall Munroe,” Ororo reiterated, emphasizing on the Munroe. “And you will write it as such. I don’t want to hear the same complain from your teachers…again.”

“Or what?” Kendall demanded. “You’ll fry me too…..just like you fried daddy.”

That being said, the young girl stormed away, not paying any attention to any of the observing eyes she could sense on her.

----

“She’s her father daughter,” a male voice drew Ororo’s attention from the window she had been staring out of for the last fifteen minutes, just as long as the man in question had been observing her.
“No,” Ororo shook her head vehemently. “She’s not. She’s my daughter. She has nothing to do with him…..not anymore.”

“Ororo….” The man stepped to her side, his arm supportively resting on her shoulder.
“No,” Ororo turned away and then towards him. “She’s my daughter

….and soon she’ll be ours.”



Note: Hmm, well, not too much originality going into this, and not too big a cast. Just your run of the mill RoLo story….with something to make things interesting of course.

An’ go on about going me grief about using Kendall repeatedly. I happen to like the kid and it saves on thinking of names every time.

Hope you liked it and will say so with your reviews!!





You must login () to review.