“LOGAN”

Even though inside her head, Ororo’s cry tore through the night, in reality all that came out was all but a whimper, as tipping over from the balcony, Logan still managed to avoid landing on his Admantium encased head.

Her heart jerked up into her throat, the weather witch nearly threw herself off the same parapet, taking off to check up on her love’s….her former love’s wellbeing. Stopping herself at the last moment, she settled on looking down at the mansion grounds below, the absence of the moon leaving her to strain her eyes and ears to discern any movement from the feral Canadian.

It wasn’t the first time that he had done this, and even though his actions, to say the least, were idiotic, they brought back another set of memories…..ones that the passing years had buried…but not wiped out.

---

//Flashback//

“Goodnight everyone.” Bidding farewell to everyone present in the recreation room, Ororo headed for the door, her ears catching the grunts and mummeries from the various teachers and the few of the older students that were trying to get in as much TV time before their curfew time of ten PM.

However, the one voice that she had hoped to hear and given the setting least expected to hear was still wasn’t there….and she knew why. Even though he had started dining with the general populous, Logan was still the quintessential loner. The only people he spent his time with…willing…were Rogue and Jubilee, and thanks to them, Kitty, the Professor and Jean….and lately, her. ‘Even if mostly it has been behind closed doors.’ An anticipatory shiver ran down the spine of the usually in control weather witch, as she headed up the stairs to her loft apartment.

Barely had she stepped through the door, with her left hand still on the knob, when a pair of strong, muscular flannel clad arms snaked around her midsection and pulled her flush against a brick-wall hard chest.

Now, this was something she expected…as did she did the next words.

“You know, you shouldn’t leave yer balcony door open,” the familiar growl rumbled through to her.
“Umm-hmm.” With barely a sound the door shut, a muted click announced it being locked. “Is that so?”

“Yeah,” soft lips began to nibble at her exposed neck. “Don’t know who can get in from there.”

Turning around in the ‘Admantium’ strong embrace her lips automatically searched and found his….sealing themselves in a soul-scorching kiss, first of many…from just that night.

//End Flashback//


---

During the initial days of their relationship, when even they weren’t sure if it would lead anywhere beyond the physical, the balcony had been their means of entry and exit, their preferred choice being her room….given the privacy that it allowed.

Most of the time it used to like this, with Logan already in and waiting her arrival as she arrived to ‘retire’ for the night. Afterwards, leaving before anyone got up, Logan used to take the same way out, sometimes even doing a free fall, especially in the initial ‘winter’ months. Later, even after they came out to the others, they still did these covert actions….just for the sake of nostalgia….and whenever they wanted to get away for a midnight soiree by the lake or at their spot by the cliff-side.

Yet, now she stood, not making any move to go to his side. Doing that would just encourage him…give him hope, and that was the last thing Ororo wanted to do…especially with the latest development. Even as she felt his dark hazel eyes boring into her, his nose twitching to catch a whiff of her, all Ororo did was step away from the edge, out of his direct line of sight. She even called on a mild wind to carry her scent upwards into the sky…and away from him.

‘I’m sorry Logan,’ she snapped her eyes shut in an effort to dam the outpouring of fresh tears. If it weren’t for her winds, Logan surely would detect their salty release.

She could have just gone inside and locked the door behind her, yet she stood there, waiting for him to stand up, his actions announcing recovery from any injury he might have received during the fall…and settling her heart, even if just.

---

As for Logan, with his inebriation all but gone, the painful memories returning in full force…compounded by Ororo’s actions, her turning away from him, all he did, all he could do without causing a public display was trudge off into the night. His anger and betrayal warring with his heart to do all it could to avoid looking back over his shoulder and at the woman standing there a few storeys up.

Had he looked back, his enhanced vision would have allowed him to see the tears flowing down her cheeks, her almost calling out after him…as would he have seen her grow unsure on her feet, as if finally overwhelmed by the emotional rollercoaster that the events of the day had been.

He would have seen how she tried her best to make her way to her bed, her body giving up midway to collapse in an unconscious heap on the plush carpet adorning the polished wooden floor…her tears continuing even in her forced sleep.

He would have seen all that…had he just turned around and looked back at her.

Yet he did not, because even as much as it pained him, he realized that they….he had reached a crossroads in their relation, one that Ororo already seemed to have reached and crossed a long time ago.

He had a decision to make….he had already made a decision; he just needed to act on it.

---

Lost in their thoughts, and each other, what neither of them noticed was even if they had privacy of hearing, theirs weren’t the only eyes that observing them.

Shrouded among the shadows, was another pair of eyes…a pair of ruby quartz glasses covering their unshed tears.


Note: Sorry for the short chapter. Had a few ideas but they didn’t pan out in type….not in the current situation. Will have more soon!!

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.