“Today is Saturday.”

“What?”

“Today is Saturday,” Ororo repeated her words, more for herself than for the man sitting beside her at the wheel.

“Yes. So?” Scott whipped his head towards her, as to get an idea of what she meant. Was it something she remembered that needed to be picked up? Somewhere to go? Something else?

“That’s was he was there….at the mall, with the children. Its Saturday. Saturday is movie day.”

---

//Flashback//

“Hurry Daddee, hurry,” the persistent chirping of the child coupled with her pulling on his three hundred pound plus body with all the force that a five and a four year old could muster, seem to have the desired affect on Logan. With one swift motion, he bent down, heaved her onto his head and loped down the stairs of their two-room loft suite. Two rooms, because that was all they had constructed, using only a part of the expansive loft.

“Yippeeeee,” Kendall Logan laughed aloud, her small arms firmly wound around her father's head. How she loved being in that position, feeling so high, with her daddee alongside her….Just as good as when mama took her flying. While with mama, she had the freedom to move around, with daddee she never felt afraid that she would fall…..she felt safe. Oh, she knew that mama would also save her, but feeling her daddee so close gave her the same safe feeling that she got when he shooed away the monsters hiding in her closet and under her bead.

No monsters could stand up to her daddee and his shiny claws. Not even one.

“Where’s yer mama princess?” Logan asked, even though he knew the answer already, reading Ororo’s scent coming from the kitchen.

“She went to eat the baby,” Kendall giggled at her answer. Mama was always eating the baby so that he would come soon. Daddee had said that the new baby would be her responsibility. As they took care of her and loved her, so would she have to care and love him. She’d be like Jubiee and Rogee, without the whole liking boys. Yuck. Boys are dirty….well, except for her new brother. He would not be dirty. She would was him ten times a day and keep him nice and clean.

“Not eat the baby dearest, eat for him.” Ororo’s smooth voice greeted the father-daughter duo as they reached the foot of the stairs. In her hand was some concoction that she had prepared for herself. After what he saw her eating before Kendall was born, Logan tried to keep his eyes away and nose closed from the crap that she ate in the baby’s name. No wonder the baby’s shit smelled worse than horse manure. Nine months of junk had to come out somewhere.

“One same,” Kendall giggled and tapped her palms against her father’s head, confident in the knowledge that the hand which automatically rose to rest at her back would not let her fall. “Hurrrreeeeee….”

--

“Hey, Ken-doll,” Bobby teased her as he walked by, also confident in the knowledge that as long as she was there, Wolverine would not gut him. If anyone could control the quintessential badass more than her mama was little Kendall herself.
“Hey Uncle Boobsy,” Kendall greeted, almost falling back at the snort she heard from her mother, followed by a bout of cough as Ororo chocked on the piece of cold barbeque chicken ala whipped cream that she was chewing on.

“BOOBSY!” Bobby, the Iceman, froze in his tracks, (haha, did silly pun) his mouth gaping open at the nickname. “Who taught you that? Jubilee? Rogue? Who?”
“N-uh,” the mocha-skinned child shook her head, grabbing her daddy and snickering as if it were some private joke. “Daddee did. He said your name is Uncle Boobsy Ice-pup.”
“Its Ice-pop, I mean Iceman,” Bobby fumbled over his own name. “Logan, man, come on,” he pleaded to the grinning Wolverine.

“What?” Logan put on the best threatening face that was possible with a four and half year old ball of giggles hanging from your head.
“Logan,” Ororo’s voice carried an admonishment that he usually used for her students and Kendall, and which for some reason, she had started using with him too.
“Oh-Oh, in t’ouble now.” Kendall warned her daddee, knowing from experience what that voice meant. It meant say sorry. “Say sorry,” she whispered into daddee’s ear.

“Yeah, whatever,” Logan was about to shrug it off, but Ororo’s gesture towards Kendall made him stop and reconsider. Anything he did, would set an example for her. “Don’t mind it kid….uh, sorry.”

‘Sorry,’ the word echoed through Bobby’s ears and through his suddenly blank mind. Logan, the kick-your-ass-and-guy-you Wolverine, had actually said sorry….TO HIM. Had he died and gone to hell? Because that was the only way that he would ever get to see this day. Hell because, in heaven they wouldn’t hate him like this. For the one sorry Logan had said, Bobby was certain that there would be ten Danger Room ass-whoopings coming his way….at least.

“Uh, ok,” he mumbled and shook his head. “Just don’t let….” The growl he got was enough to tell him that he shouldn’t try his luck. “Its Bobby. Bauuu-bee. Okay.”

“Okay Uncle Bobsy,” the young girl repeated.

“Its-never mind. Its close enough.”

---

“Hurree mommy, hurry daddee,” the boobsy matter was forgotten in an instant. “We ain’t wanna be late,” she put on her best mimic of her father, complete with the childish growl, which came out more like a mewling squeak.

“We ain’t gonna be late for movie day.”

//End Flashback//


----

An uncomfortable silence between them, both Scott and Ororo walked through the garage side door of the Xavier mansion, and were about to go their separate ways when the sound of children shrieking reached their ears. What was even more surprising was who all were and what they seemed to be doing.

“That’s…James,” Scott looked at Ororo, confusion clear on his face….the same confusion that Ororo had on hers.

“And that’s Kendall,” Ororo started in the direction of the shrieking and giggling. What surprised Ororo was that not only were the kids back almost twenty-four hours earlier, they seemed to happy about it. This never happened….never. Both Logan and the children tried to spend as much time as possible, trying to cram in seven days in those two.

“Rachel?” Scott’s eyes widened behind his glasses, as he heard his daughter laugh and clap loudly, crying out at the top of her voice. “Again. Do it again. Do it again.”

Both parents worried out their mind, got the shock of their life as they busted though the rec. room door.

-----

“What is he doing here?”





You must login () to review.