All Children fight

“Why would they ask for me to join them?” Ororo asks herself as she gets out of the shower. She thinks back to earlier that day as she spoke to Iron man and Spiderwoman as they made her an offer to join the Avengers.

“We are here to offer you membership in the Avengers Ms. Monroe.” Tony motions toward her, his smile disarming.

“Why?” was all Ororo asks, her tone implies mush more though.

With a smile, Tony begins. He knows this will be a challenge, even before this meeting. Logan himself warned him.

“A few of our members have either worked with you or has been within your presence for a little while and were impressed.” As Tony speaks these words, he looks over to Jessica Drew-Cage, the Spiderwoman.

Ororo chuckles aloud, a deep throaty seductive laugh, her eyes show her amusement at Tony Stark’s remark. “I also know that Logan is a member of the Avengers. Knowing him he suggested me first.”

“On the contrary Ms. Monroe, I did.” Jessica replies as she sips on coffee brought to her by a servant of the house Wakanda. “He seconded it.”

Ororo looks over at the dark haired woman, knowing her past to her best friend Logan. She knows that they had shared a bed while he was called Patch, only six years ago when the X-Men were dead. That thought bit at her soul as she closes off that thought.

“T’Challa can tell you that being an Avenger is more than just belonging to an elitist club. We are a group of individuals that bring ideas to the table; we are very social with each other. We are much like the Police or Fireman, not just warriors. We bring together our different ideals and are allowed to mesh well. We like the X-Men fight for a bigger picture but we are not blinded by a dream, we work with reality.” Jessica continues to speak, bringing Ororo out of her trance of thought.

“Even Hank can tell you Ororo that once you’re an Avenger, you’re always an Avenger. A member of an extended family that grows continually.” Tony takes over the conversation.

“I already have a family Mr. Stark.” Says Ororo. “They are the X-Men.”

“But Ms. Monroe you won’t have to be watched over constantly because of being a mutant. You will not be feared as much and given leeway. Given contacts that in the end would be able to help the X-Men. Wouldn’t it have been easier on the X-Men if they knew more about the F.O.H. or S.W.O.R.D. or any other threat.” Rebuffed Tony. His cooperate shark persona emerging.

“I will consider it Mr. Stark. Thank you.” Ororo replied, she never looked at Jessica Drew once.

“Ororo, earlier when Tony and Jessica were here you did not look at her once. You also became resistant to the idea of joining when you found out that She suggested your membership and Logan seconded it. What is the story behind that Ororo?” T’Challa was a good man, a better king, and as observant as any she had ever met. “I know the reason you agreed to marry me was not just because you feel that you will grow to love me, its because your tired of following a dream at the cost of your life. You’re thirty and like all women and men, you began to think that you wanted a family, something to show your passing for yourself. You want a child or children, and somewhere along the line of the passing year during the “M” crisis, you realized that and it carried over back into our main stream. The man you wanted to be with was not your knight, and I was an enemy but a constant. I am a safe bet. He wasn't”

“Are you trying to chase me away T’Challa?” Ororo asks as she is taken back by the Panther’s frankness.

“Just stating a fact Ororo, my love. Being a King and an Avenger taught me insight.”

“You were also a member of the Fantastic four.”

“So was the Wolverine.”

Ororo stops for a moment speechless. What was T’Challa’s game?
++++++++++

Across the Indian Ocean on the Andaman, island chain south of Myanmar near India sits a very old plantation, bought by a man named Tod March CEO of Galactic Pictures, but in reality is only a ghost of sorts. The man has had many names since World War II, but he is better known as Johann Shmidt; the Red Skull. It is here that a group of people have been gathered under a trainer simply called the TASKMASTER to form a counter-part to the New Avengers. The leader of this group of criminals is the son of the dead Mandarin and current wielder of the rings of power he had. His name is TEMUGIN.
His second in command is a young man with a gifted mind and partial inheritor of Osborn Technologies. His name is Gabriel Osborn, younger brother to Harry and the current GREEN GOBLIN. Both young men wish nothing more than to have revenge upon the men whom they feel took what little they had. In this, they took the offer of the Red Skull to join his organization to kill those two men; Tony Stark and Peter Parker.

The others are criminals whose assorted pasts have run consistently, who also has shown promise with the right training. Emil Blonsky the gamma powered ABOMANATION, Alex O’Hirn, better known as the unstoppable RHINO, the woman called LODESTONE a mutant with magnetic abilities, Colonel-General Valentin Shatalov the latest possessor of the CRIMSON DYNAMO armor, and ZZZAX an "electromagnetic intelligence," a psionically-charged electromagnetic field which has a humanoid form.

They are simply dubbed FORCE WORKS, a mockery of a former team lead by Ironman and consisted of Spider-Woman II, Scarlet Witch, USAgent, and Wonderman. The Skull thought it fitting and over the last year after the prison breakout he had Task Master train them, it was no easy assignment as they had to place their egos to the side for a greater “good” so to say. Their first assignment was to attack Wakanda and steal Vibranium for a new weapon the Skull had obtained plans for. As they left in a stolen prototype Quin-jet the Skull smiles as he inhales on a cigarette.





You must login () to review.