Ororo stalked the hallway, her eyes wandering from every being present. Ignoring Amara’s threats as she went. Something was happening to her and she didn’t like it. The other day with Logan is what scared her most. She was seventeen, not twenty-seven. Her only explanation so far was her bond with nature, that it was aging her and Logan well he had a healing factor and amnesia, no one knew his true age and neither did he. But still…

“Jean I need to talk to you!” She said spotting her friend in the crowd, with Scott. Best place to start. Ororo tugged on her arm, pulling her into the girls bathroom.

“What is it? Everything okay? Amara’s not, well y’know?” Jean asked confused. Playing twenty questions great way t start the day.

Ororo shook her head, “Something’s happening to me Jean, It’s like I’m aging faster than I should be.”

“‘Roro, it’s called puberty.” She said with a smile.

“Nuh-uh. It’s bigger, and it’s creeping me out.”

“Okay so it’s a big case of puberty. Look wouldn’t worry about okay, it can’t be too serious.”

“Sure, fine, okay, but first could you explain my mood swings and hormonal changes, headaches, and my unpredictable periods?”

One word came from Jeans lips, “Puberty!”

“Jean listen to me, it’s not puberty. I have this serious urge to lose all my control, like an animal, I don’t want to be coped up.”

“Does this have anything to do with your crush on Logan by any chance?”

“That’s the problem, Jean, it’s not a crush anymore. Try deep fantasies of lust and desire, and your only half way there,” Jeans mouth fell open, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t speak. “I know it sounds irrational, but every time I close my eyes I have these images of the two of us engaging into something only a guy would dream of.” She leant against the wall, Jean followed.

“Are you sure?” Ororo quirked an eyebrow.

“I wouldn’t be telling you otherwise.” Jean stared at her blankly, she looked away, and her features contorted as she thought. Ororo knew quite well tat she was trying to come out with a theory, or some conclusion that might explain it, but it was hopeless, Jean shock her head, and sighed.

“Have you told to the professor or Hank? They might have the answer that I don’t.” Ororo shock her head, “Okay, how about we go now.”

“We have class!”

“So you’ll ace through the work anyway.”

~**~

The main light flashed, as the two girls waited patiently, making it eerie looking. The air was chilled and carried the smell of sterile equipment. The room was white but the broken light made it grey, and gloomy. Ororo shuddered, as she wondered how many people may have died down here, or how many will die in the near future. The hospital like bed matched the room, both were uncomfortable.

They had been here for what felt like hours, almost as if waiting for a time bomb to exploded. Heavy footsteps echoed on the white tiling. In unison, Jean and Ororo turned, watching Dr. McCoy as he made his way over, a file in hand. He had a smile on his face, but his features were worn out and tired.

“Sir?” Jean asked, as her stomach tied itself in knots. She was probably more nervous than Ororo was.

He waited a few moments, and then locked eye contact with Jean and the to Ororo, “How do I put this so you will understand?” he put his finger under his chin as he thought.

“Try in English!” Ororo threw back at him, he snapped his head back and stared at her, she shock her head.

“Probably the best way yes. Ororo I’m afraid that I couldn’t find anything wrong with you. Stress would probably cover most of it, and maybe lack of sleep. Have you had any sleep problems that I should be aware of?”

“No…but I’ve been having strange dreams lately, and I find myself acting out these dreams days after, word for word, it may sound stupid but I like having in my head, I don’t regret anything afterwards either.”

“Could you explain these dreams to me?”

“Well, there kinda intense, something that gets my heart racing. The characters are people I know, but there different in many ways. It’s not until after I’ve played it out that I realise I’ve done it. For all I know I could be re-enacting something right now. On some level though I know I’m not.”

“You said intense…could you possibly go further?”

“NC-17, that pretty much sums it all up.” Hank nodded, “best be off then, thanks Henry.” He smiled, as did Jean.

((See I told you it was nothing to worry about))
((I don’t think it’s stress))
((So what! At least you’ve got a professional answer, that’s something))
((I know, I still think the results are wrong))

They made there way to the door slowly. Ororo stopped just as she reached the door, taking a hand to the frame, she lost balance, and slumped to the floor, holding her head in her hands as if it was just about to fall off.

“Ororo! ORORO!”

Tears streamed down her face, she froze, “Get out of my head!” She hissed, noting the sudden intrusion. It was the last thing that she remembered saying, until her world eventually went back.

~**~

“Now Amara, Logan, I do not wish to see you fighting again, or disturbing others education. This is a school, not a battle field, do you understand?” Charles voice escaped the creeks in the door. On the other side, students listened in closely, as the rain pelted outside, ruining their outside activities, with Dr. McCoy, who hadn’t been seen at all today.

“Yes sir” They said, Amara plastered her innocent look onto her face and looked at her feet, Logan just found himself gazing outside, as the rain smashed against the window pane, something was up, and it wasn’t good.

“Amara I do not wish to see you in here again, otherwise you are on suspension, I’ve had enough of this!”

“But sir I-”

“Enough!” He raised his hand to silence her, the students out side parted like sheep, as the door swung open, as princess popular stepped aside. Only to be pushed down by a blur of blue.

“Charles, I’m so glad I caught you.” He said in irregular breathes.

“Ah good morning Hank,” The professor frowned, “Is something the matter?”

He nodded, “It’s Ororo!”





You must login () to review.