“Class settle down please.” Their teacher, Miss. Niles said looking around the room, her eyes jumping from one student to the next. “It is not only Ororo who we are welcoming back today, but a new student is also joining us, she is a little older than you…” And so it went, Tessa explained to the class of the new girls mutant power, background and so forth. Ororo knew all this anyway, so she found herself looking out the window, leaving her mind to drift back with the talk she’d had with Xavier, about Amara and how she paid Jason to control her.


“It’s all up to you my dear.” Charles had told after he had explained the basics. All Ororo wanted to know was why Amara had done it, but there was no real answer, just theories. She turned her head to face Jean, who had politely asked to go with her, being BFF’s she couldn’t say no. Logan was also there, he was the one who came to Xavier with the facts. Like the school girl she was, she avoided eye contact.

“I don’t want her to be expelled Charlie,” She twiddled her thumbs, “I’m actually glad she put me there, she gave me the easy option of finding what I really wanted, and most of all about true emotion.”

“Yer thankin’ her” Logan threw at her. She jumped. Staring at him, he continued, “She put ya in a coma, and almost had ya jump off yer own balcony, and yer thanking her for it, yer seriously screwed up!”

“Why is he here?” She asked Charles “Why are you here?” She asked him, he looked at is feet, “And for the record, she didn’t have me jump from my balcony, this guy Jason did, she didn’t put me in a coma, Jason did, she only paid him to do it. And besides, Amara isn’t cruel enough to have me kill myself, I know for a fact that she would go that far. It’s not fair, nobody’s perfect, I used to be a thief, but Charles you didn’t turn me away, and Miss. Niles please, there more to her than ‘her good looks’, I‘d like Amara to stay, that’s final.”

“Very well, Ororo, you are all dismissed. And none of this goes outside of this room, if it happens to I will see to it myself that the culprit is punished.” Logan was first to walk out, or more like stormed, she had definitely set him straight, she smiled at the fact. Jean went and stood out the door, waiting for Ororo to join her. “Ororo, before you go I have some good news.”

“What kind of good news?”

“A new student, I think you may very well know her…”


And so it went. She smiled to herself as Miss. Niles said “…everybody I’d like you to met-”

“ALISON!!” Ororo came from her seat and literally flew to the front of the class room, tying her arms around the nineteen year old, pulling her into an embrace.

“Here’s my favourite lock pick.”

And so it began.


That afternoon Jean and Alison met in Ororo’s bedroom, for a girl to girl catch up session. Ororo and Alison had been in contact with one another just before Ororo’s first year here had finished. They had met over a chat room and instantly became friends. Jean had warned her that I could have been some fat guy, who had no life, no girl friend, and read comics, like Craig off ‘Malcolm in the middle’, of course Ororo didn’t listen, her instinct told her in this particular case Jean was wrong.

“’Roro I hate your hair, I’m gunna have to cut it.” Ororo’s eyes widened.

“Ha ha very funny.” She said backing away from her friend slowly.

“Who said I was joking. In college I took a course in hair and beauty and all that shit. Did you know you have to go through that course to work in a salon, I mean come on how hard is cutting someone’s hair? Jeez. And we have to sort out your wardrobe, I mean look at it.” Alison pulled open the doors of the closet and pulled out item after item, not really caring where they landed, “Hey where are those hot leather pants I brought you for Christmas?”

Jean who had been under the bed, removed a neatly wrapped box, looking at the card she smiled, “Here they are, unopened and everything.”

“Jean!” Ororo stomped her way over to Jean drawing out her hands in order to take the box when…snip. She froze, Slowly turning round, she saw one of her white locks fall to the floor...snip-snip…Alison was holding on to a pair of scissors in her hand, a smile on her face with one eyebrow raised.

“Like Kevin Costner said in Robin Hood, prince of thieves ‘if I must I will take you a piece at a time’ and you know I will if I have to.”

“I will never be able to trust you again, E-V-E-R.” She stressed the word, making note that she wasn’t exaggerating, Alison pulled out a chair and pushed her into it.

She shrugged, “I came top in my class for originality, I’ll make it look good, I promise. And who knows maybe after that boy you like, Logan, will fuck you senseless.” She laughed, Jean joining in.

“Yeah, hey I’ll do make up, I know how you’ll pile it on Ali, and make her look like a whore.”

“With you two pampering me I’ll look like a whore anyway. And stop cursing please, I’m seventeen years old for goddess sake.”

“What, so we’re allowed to shag people, and dream of sex, but we can’t swear?” Another white lock feel to the floor.

It wasn’t until an hour later that Ororo could no longer see the hair tumble down her shoulders, but instead it fell over her eyes, causing them to itch. Jean held up the mirror so that she could see the ‘final’ design. Alison had cut it so it reached just above the shoulders, layered it in random places and at random lengthens, and also flipped hair over so it parted at the side, giving her a lopsided fringe.

“Alison?” Ororo asked, as she came from the bathroom, pulling up rubber gloves.

“Jean get the dye from my bag, and hold her still.” Jean put two fingers to her head in salute, and fetched a tube of permanent red dye.

“Don’t worry Ororo, Alison’s only doing parts of your hair, y’know red highlights.” Jean placed a hand on Ororo’s arm as she tried to get up, using her telekinesis Jean glued her into the chair, so she was unable to move.

“I don’t want red high lights.”

“Tough ‘cause I do.”

For goddess knows how long, she screamed, shouted, and sis anything else she could think of to stop her hair being disembowelled, but she didn’t prevail. It did however make the job much harder with her bursting their ears drums and what not.

“This is cruelty to the goddess. You shouldn’t be doing this to royalty. It’s treason!”

Knock-knock. All three girls stopped what they were doing, and glanced over at the door. In that one afternoon, the room had never been so quiet. Here came another rap at the door. Ororo and Alison looked at Jean, who’s smile spread from one ear to the next.

Looking at Ororo she said, “It’s your lover boy.” Ororo poked out her tongue, as Jean released her from her telekinetic hold. Most likely she looked a mess. Her new make over was taking longer than expected. Se opened the door sheepishly.

“Hey, just came to see if you were alright?”

“That’s the second time in two weeks, you understand that don’t you? To answer you question, I’m fine.” The other two snickered behind her back, and within seconds they were bursting out with laughter. He tried to fight it but he ended up smiling. It was contagious.

“Have I missed somethin’ ‘cause yer hair looks a lot damn shorter.” She frowned

“Yeah, you just missed me cuttin’ it, d’you think I did a good job or what?” Alison’s face lit up, her short pink hair thrashed widely on her head.

“It does look good, suits ya.” A slight blush crept into her cheeks, it was a simple compliment but it still made her wet between the legs.

“Thanks.” She whispered, turning her head away.

“Hey Logan, you wanna piece of her long curly locks, there’s plenty of it.” Ororo sighed, thee was no way one could tame a lioness like Alison.

“No I’m fine thanks. I’m sure ‘Ro here wants to keep it, make a wig or something.” Ororo raised her hand, and playfully punched him, a smile formed on her lips. She cleared her throat before she spoke again.

“Would you mind going, Alison is untamed, and I think she’s ready to pounce. Also I don’t want your ‘friends’ to thinking your getting help on homework.” She looked at her feet. It had hurt deeply last time, when Bobby found him at her door, so much so that she had cried over it.

“Sure.” Alison and Jean turned relatively quiet, Logan smiled at them and waved, “C ya guys at dinner. Bye ‘Ro.”

“I’m sorry Logan, it’s just I-”

“I know.” And with that he was gone, like a gentle breeze on an extremely hot summers day.

“Ouch, ‘Roro, when did you become the ice bitch?” A single tear fell down her cheek, she wiped it solemnly away with the back of her hand.

Coming back into the room she said, “Along time ago. If you are to finish this, can you do it A.S.A.P.” She looked at them, “I’ll be good, I promise.” In return she received a smile from the two closest friends she had, and was pulled back into the room, where for the next two hours or so she was thrown around like a rag doll. When Jean and Alison high fived, she knew they had finished, when the mirror was placed in front of her she smile.

“Voila!”





You must login () to review.