One night a single man had a dream. He dreamt that he was walking along the beach with God, and across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonged to God and the other to him. When the last scene of his life flashed across the sky, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that at times along the path of life that there were only one set of footprints. He also noticed that this was during the hardest and very lowest parts of his life. It bothered him. He turned to God and asked, “God, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way, but I noticed that during the most troubled times in my life that there are only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, in times that I needed you the most, you would leave me.”
God replied, “My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you only see one set of footprints it was then that I carried you.”-Kevin Mayhew.

Not all people have such sweat dreams, and not everybody has help when they needed it, but sometimes faith can go along way.

~**~

2006-Present day

There she stood, the grass blades so Sharpe that it made her feet bleed. She walked closer to the end, each step feeling like an eternity. The ground started to ware away. She ran, tripping and falling, until she spiralled out of control. Darkness surrounding her, her arms above her head reaching searching, hoping something will slow her down.

Stop! Her feet hit what felt like fire. Hot sand burying her feet, as the wind rippled through her hair, her white satin gown following pursuit, showing her curves. Her eyes travelled forward, left and right, a full circle. It isn’t the first time…Shaking the thought away as her gaze stop abruptly on a full length glass mirror. Abandoned and ignored. Reasons made unclear, but not understood?

Her feet moved, before she had chance to realise, almost as if she were programmed she jolted forward. And, as if in the blink of an eye, she came face to face with the glass. Her wants, desires, reflected by a pair of dark eyes, that were not her own. A smile that was shown in her darkest nightmares, given to her by her demons. She was her own demon, her rage caged up inside.

A silent piercing scream, one that would have made dogs barked, echoed from the blackness. She fell on her knees, covering her ears, her eyes closed tightly. Her voice in itself was lost to her now. Shaking her head side to side, the scream stopped, with no trace of ever existing. She was still standing, had she even been in pain, she couldn’t remember. Memories did not mean a thing here, they just were.

She stared into her own eyes, unrecognisable. It wasn’t what she wanted to see, but when had it been. Her reflection, her twin, smiled lopsidedly, pure hate rested here. Did she hate herself so much though? But is was not just her reflection, no, the twin in the glass was the puppeteer, and Ororo the puppet.
In one swift movement the pair both drew a samurai sword, placing it in front of her feeling the cool blade as her finger ran along the blade. She and her reflection nodded in sync, and one after the other, the blade cut through the satin gown and into the flesh. Bleed.


She rose from her pillow, in one quick fluid motion, breathing heavily, she ran a hand through her hair to find it dampened by perspiration, her bed sheets clinging to her bare skin. There were no words that could be spoken except for…“Holy shit!!”

Her morning had begun.

She removed herself from the bed and slowly moved her way around the mountains of highly stack card board boxes. Moving house was always a chore, especially once you leave all the old and unwanted things behind, like, your parents…those old memories, that will always had a place in the heart. Entering the bathroom, she pulled out a towel and placed it on the rack, as she entered the steaming water of the shower, sliding the transparent door closed, to stop any escaping water. The soap bubbled as she covered and cleaned her skin. The suds falling off her body, with the rain like water droplet.

Suddenly feeling that she was not the only person in the room, she turned and looked through the condensing steam on the showers glass box. Closely looking, she noticed a handprint on the surface, she took in a deep breath, and placed her hand on the print. Different sizes. Wider. More muscular. Not thin, or delicate. Male. Damn.

“Great, another supernatural being, just what I need. Coming here meant getting away from you things,” she muttered as she pulled out the towel and wrapped it around her gently. “I really don’t need some perverted ghost…FUCK!” She said as she jumped back from the mirror, two faces instead of one. She put her hand through the glass.

“I really don’t need this, so if you could please leave, that’ll be just peachy.” Her voice was loud, like actors, taken from the lungs so not to sound like shouting, or whatever. She got dressed, old warn out jeans, and a baby blue yoga top. Snug.

The Phone rang, but instead of the usual ringing sound, she had the ‘Chipmunks’ theme tune, it made her laugh every time.

“It is I, master of the universe, how may I be of service?” She said as she picked up the receiver, she always answered the phone with something ridicules, gave people that she was a real nutcase, which she was, of course.

“Hello I, it is me. Just checking in, how’s it all going?” Good answer.

“Urgh, just peachy, I still haven’t unpacked yet though, could use with some strong helping hands. Get it done and over with, y’know?” Meaning, come over, I’m lonely, could do with a good time, even if it included sex.

“Yeah, well I’m busy myself. How ‘bout tomorrow?” Meaning, yeah just sitting in front of the T.V. all day, I’ll blow you off again tomorrow.

“Please, Forge, I’m really bored, lonely, and I need help with making my bed, or unmaking it.”-Get your ass over hear, before I kick it, I need sex.

“Maybe I’ll pop down later, give you a hand, only if you really do need one, and your not bluffing, etcetera.”-How about a quickie, then I’ll watch T.V. at yours.

“That sounds good. I can tell you about my dream then…(click)…Forge…you there, hello…Yeah, I love you too. Bye.” She rolled her eyes, grinning. ‘He’ll come down, and you know it girl, uh-huh, gives me enough time to go to the store. Condoms…a lot of condoms.’

Looking around her penthouse apartment, she sighed. It was better than her old place, she was closer to her adoptive parents, or fathers. Eric and Charles. Living with a homosexual couple really changes something’s for a kid, definitely. The image of the two having sex then came to her mind, she immediately shook the thoughts away.

“Sick, gross, disgusting…”

She continued to find words that described, them and ‘it’, until she reached the outdoors, and hopped onto the bus, taking a seat near the back. She looked at the man sat opposite her he had a sketch book in hand and pencil, he looked familiar. Oh well.

The bus stopped violently in the street, she frowned. “What the…?” she looked at her feet, finding a small pad knocking against her legs. Picking it up she flipped a couple of pages. Drawings. She found the most recent one. Her. She looked at the spot the man had been sat in before, only to find it empty.

She got off the bus in order to stop him before he walked too far out of range, but she saw no one, the street was also empty. Was it just her, or had the whole world gone crazy? Had he been dead or alive? A million questions ran through her mind at that moment, when she went to get back on the bus, it had already moved on.

“Fuck this, and the store!” She muttered as she walked the so many blocks back to her apartment, where she spent the rest of the day. To her disappointment, Forge did not come.

“Bastard!”





You must login () to review.