What Are You Worth?
Chapter Two


****************
Alternate Present
Same Day
****************

Ororo could hear the terrified screaming of a familiar voice in her head. It was that of a man, someone akin to a father or something. Suddenly feeling confused and dazed she sank to the ground, and out of her husband’s embrace, holding her head.


Logan looked down at his trembling wife. The woman would pick right now to spaz out. He took a 360 degree turn to survey their surroundings. The were in a desolate downtown district in what was left of New York after the Mutant Human War. The surveillance crawlers and sniper robots were temporally at a lost for them. Hiding in the abandoned, dark, and more often then not crumbling buildings would buy them time in tight situations. The worse part about the killer robots was that they were soaked in a solution that took away their scent. Logan had always believed that the humans had done that to spite him. His wife was there to “gently” remind him that humans could care less about him. “You are not the only feral mutant around here, Logan, It seemed to him that more and more these stolen moments in hiding were the only ones he got to just *be* with his wife. His mate.


Living in a war killed more than people and ideas. It could slowly eat away and destroy basic necessities of life. Not eating or sleeping, but essentials as family, love, and serenity were obliterated under the flag of war. Logan refused to loose his reasons for living under “Human Oppression” and “Mutant Liberation”. Storm represented all those ideas, places, and things that he would fight for. Not just in this war, but everyday of his cursed and sometimes blessed life. Looking at her on the floor broken and scared awaked his beast. All he wanted to do was wrap himself around her lengthy limbs and feel her breath underneath him. It was then, and only then, did he know that “everything was gonna be alright.”


“Ro?”
She released her face from her hands and looked up at him. “I am terribly sorry, my love. I can not tell you what happened. There was a voice in my head. I thought I knew it, but it faded away before I could place it.”
“Hearin voices, huh. Maybe ya should take that time off the Doc told ya about.”
At the mention of the good doctor, Storm stood up, turned away from him and faced the dilapidated window. She turned to glare at him and gave him a slightly intimidating, “Hmpf!”



Logan’s lips turned up in a reluctant smile when she turned her back. She knew that he was going to reassure her of his love, as he always did with words and with actions, but this time he was going to make her wait for it, just for a bit.


Even though they lived and worked together everyday all day, he would never get tired of her. She spoiled all of his senses. Her smell was of sandalwood, fresh fog, and occasionally he would smell water mint and lemon grass on her. How the hell did she manage that one? They lived in a group of maze like tunnels underground and would occasionally sleep in the Liberation Bunker. Showers were few and far between. Even with the rough and tumble, hand to mouth, way they lived, in a war zone nonetheless, Ororo always *felt* good, too. She managed to be constantly soft, smooth, and warm. This always blew his mind. She never felt gaunt or tired. One of the reasons he loved to look at her was because she was so effortlessly beautiful. An odd perk of her mutation allowed her body to recover from scar tissue, so this allowed her to look like a runway model in a war zone. Of course her feet eleven inch height frame only added to that image. Checking out his wife from behind was something that he often did to sooth the savage beast within, to make the man appreciate his own good fortune, and it did get a laugh out of anyone else around. He recalled something his friend Remy once asked him when he got caught. He had asked Logan why he did it so often. Remy had believed that marriage quelled the feelings of outward lust, much like all young people. Logan laid down the law about that, and there was a fine lesson learned that day. As for the tasting aspect of her spoilage, well...


Shaking himself out of his reverie, he silently approached his still grumpy wife. He slowly stretched his hands out he placed them on her rounded black-leathered backside. Flexing his fingers, he slowly ran them up to the small of her back. Just to be stubborn she straightened herself stiff. He pressed a smiled into her shoulder, and licked her. The heat coming from her torso increased. He was wearing her down.


“Logan, I am still angry.”
“Really, darlin, about what,” he asked innocently.
“You know how I feel about you and,” she dramatically inhaled and added, “Dr. Summers.” The name was nearly snarled out.
“I’m sorry, darlin.” He tightened his grip on her hips and leaned in on her. The tightness of the black leather did not protect her from the feel of the rock solid erection building in his loins. He softly wrapped his teeth around her shoulder and gave her another lick. He felt her quick shiver. Score: Logan two, ‘Roro zero, but she was going to get one real soon. With his teeth still around her shoulder, he gave it a quick little hum. She shivered under the vibrations. Her body had become very limp and her head lolled into his. FLAWLESS VICTORY! Logan spun her around and reached up to softly cradle her face. He brought their foreheads together.


“I’m worried about you,” he sighed into her mouth.
She used the three fingers on each hand to trace his fingers and forearms. She took her arms and wrapped them around his neck. “I know, love. I just think that Jean has a thing for you, and that I just do not like. Why were you around there anyway?”
He closed his eyes and chuckled. “Believe it or not, my wife hasn’t been one hundred percent lately, and I’m worried.” He pressed a kiss into the side of her mouth and a lingering one in between her brow.


She hated it when she got distracted by him. She bit down on her quivering bottom lip. He had pulled back to look at her. When he saw the movements of her mouth, he let out a deep audible groan. His kisses just didn’t stop. He had pulled her down to what was left of a bench like object to get more kisses on her wherever she had exposed flesh. He pulled back to look at her, and she gave him a shy smile. His face softened and he traced her head that was shaved except for the very line in middle where the mohawk was. She let her knees touch his as he seemed to be content with playing with her hard-core hair. She tickled his knees and was granted a chuckle, so he ruffled her hair, hard. They both laughed at each other. She shifted her weight so that she was sitting in his lap. They both loved the perks of the difference in heights. He adored it when she would just wrapped the extra lengths of her limbs around him. She loved his shortness, and had made a joke about it. She had teased him saying that he was an attentive lover because it took him less time to get to the goodies.


In his lap, she was able to feel the heat from his waist and his hot breath at her collarbone. His hands had attacked the buttons, zippers, and snaps of her tight leather top. As he took it off of her, he turned to lay her down on the bench. He caty-cornered her, and tore of her shirt. After gently placing it under her head, ran his hands softly down her toned stomach, making her writhe and stifle a giggle. She knew that he was fighting back laughter, too.


He learned a long time ago, how utterly fantastic it was to have fun when having sex. Who was the lovely lady that taught him that? He looked down at his smiling wife, and smiled at her, then he took his time watching the round mounds of her breast move up and down in a mesmerizing sexual sight. Before Ororo, there was no fun to this activity. It was a rushed, fevered, necessity. Instead of feeling fulfilled, it had made him feel hollow. Ororo changed that. For the brief moments when the war, or the outside didn’t exist, his mate completed him in every way possible.


She had turned her head to the side and looked at her husband. He had seemed far away for a minute. Before she could voice her question, she felt his sly hand tickle the side of her stomach. She arched away from it. She saw the serious look on her husband and lover’s face. Before she could react he leaned down and bit her ticklish spot. Her hands clenched at his back with the playful eroticism. As his mouth moved upwards to the often (but not with him) forgotten skin underneath her breast, she let her hands move through his unruly hair on his head. She fingered his thick sideburns, and damn near constant and so irresistible five o’clock shadow. She absolutely loved the feel of that stubble. He would rub his face all over her like sand paper. It would leave her raw and aching for more. He would follow it up with his tongue. Very much like he was doing now. Her nipple had peaked with his attention to detail. Somewhere in all of this he had removed her leather pants. One day she would contemplate on how he managed to do that so sneakily.


While tongues met and battled they where forced to break apart by the building itself.
“Damn, I’m so very good at what I do!”
“Very funny. There’s a war going on out there.”
“Really!” Logan went right back to what he was doing. His wife.


He ran his hands through her soft and welcoming pubic hairs. He took one of her shaking thighs in his other hand and shoved it aside so there was enough room for him. Again, she missed him getting undressed. He really was good. She felt his hands part her inner folds and rub his calloused fingers in them.
“Your soft here.”
She blushed.
He licked her nose.
“Jesus, woman.” He could feel her wetness between his fingers. “I love you so much.”
With her eyes half lidded she could seem him loom above her. He braced one hand on one of the walls, and guided his muscle towards her hot depths. He watched as she arched her back, and in doing so rubbed herself against his swollen aching cock.


He took her arched stomach in his hands and held on to her as he began to thrust into her. He could feel her squeeze him again and again. As he started to sweat he felt his movement slightly restricted when her ankles locked around him. She watched her husband long fluid motions. He was so beautiful to her, especially like this. Relaxed, natural, with no one trying to kill him. His thick hair that covered him was plastered on him because of the sweat. She caught a bead of the liquid when it raced down his arm. He could only grunt in her general direction. She ran her hands down his sides and followed his pelvic bone in the cleft on his hips.


His thrusts got faster and harder. With each one, he seemed to pound out a sound of pure pleasure from his wife. He braced his hands on the walls surrounding her, after he propped her legs on his shoulders. He moaned deep in her spiky hair. Her contractions got longer and came mor often. She was close.


Her hands combed through his chest hair, and pulled a little. His claws embetted themselves in the walls. His scrotum clenched and warmed her bottom. She stared to pant. He managed to sheathe his claws and cover her mouth. She screamed into his palm when she came. He was able to give her a handful more in thrusting love before his body tensed and his liquid heat squirted out with a noticeable force. It was thick and plentiful. She squirmed when she could feel his juice run down one of her released legs.
“Ya ok now, darlin. Can I remove my hand, and clean ya up?”
She nodded and let him move from within her. When she stood up to stretch, he grabbed her ringed hand and kissed her wedding band.
“There’s a broken pipe back around there,” he pointed in that direction, “Keep yer beautiful self here while I get something for ya.” He shrugged his pants up, along with the throwing knives, blasters, ammo, and other stark reminders of their current situation.


When he disappeared around the corner, Ororo thought about how much he meant to her. How did this happen? She hugged her breast to keep them warm. Her husband had been in her life so much now, she really couldn’t remember. Such a strong force in her life had become her life. Being the independent person she had to be, she found this thought oddly satisfying.


“I hope your plannin’ on sharin’ them. Cause if not, ya kinda greedy, there’s enough there for two.”
She turned around and gave him one of her looks.
He smirked right back at her. He held a bucket, and a formally white piece of cloth in his hands. He wet the cloth and bent to his knees. After giving her still shaking legs a good nuzzling, he took the wet cloth and cleaned his spunk of her inner legs, and calf. They both laughed about the mystery of where else the love juice splashed to.


Just as they got dressed, shots where fired into window. Logan caught the scent of the lasers and had pushed them both into a corner.
“Looks like our time out is up,” came Ororo’s reply to the sudden violence.
“Common, if we follow the piping, we can get back underground, and get to the trenches.”
“We need to move.”


Just as they sneaked into the sewer they heard the terrible sound of the humongous Walkers and Beetles. Machines that would hunt down and slaughter any living person with an active X-gene. Ororo ability to disrupt electronic power and Logan’s enhanced senses made them a formidable team to catch.


When they got to the Manhattan East Trench they were immediately were met by Com. Hank Macoy.
“Evening to you both.”
“What gives Macoy? Why the attacks on already cleared out districts? And why the hell are *ya* here? Did the officer’s tent run out of milk and cookies?”
“Logan!”
“Sorry, ‘Ro.”
“I came to inform you that the humans have ordered more Landcraft and Hovers.”
“Hank,” Ororo said smoothly, unlike her husband, “we know. We ran into a Hover on the way here.”
“Why are ya really here, Hank?”
Before he could answer shot were fired in the trench, and the party was forced to duck.
“The human’s aim is improving,” Storm noticed.


The trio watched as a cybernetically winged Cyclops floated in mid air dodged some shot, rolled, and took out the closet Landcraft that was firing in the trench. He was fired at from behind and went down. Out of nowhere came General Magneto. He used his electro-magnetic fields to protect him and his downed comrade.
Hank looked on in horror as the General was surrounded by machines.
Just as Wolverine was about half up the trench, Storm stopped him.
“Wait, we can not expect to stop them alone.”
Logan turned around to see Magneto struggle with his shields. He pulled his wife into his arms. “Sorry, darlin, aint got a choice.” He pulled her head down for a searing kiss. He squeezed her back and rubbed the back of her multi-textured head. She pulled back, not really wanting to leave his embrace. He smacked her lips with a quick chaste pucker.
“We can’t risk it. If we loose the General, we loose the war.”





You must login () to review.