A few days later Jesha came to and a stab of pain saturated her entire being. She winced at the bright light shining in her eyes. Her lips were cracked and bleeding, gently she dashed her tongue out across them. Her throat felt like someone had taken a file and filed the back of her throat.
“where am I?”
Her voice came out cracked and broken. The bright light in her face turned off and was replaced by a sinister face.
“reckognize me beautiful.”
Jesha’s jaw tightened.
“Mastermind.”
“Oh yes I see you do.”
Another voice spoke.
“I’m afraid its not just him.”
Jesha glanced to the right her eyes adjusting.
“eric.”
“Child.”
“Why am I here?”
Mastermind grinned.
“That will require a story Jesha, here have some coffee sorry about the brash treatment and the broken lip. You had a bit of a fall. Listen child.”
Eric began to tell Jesha of an ancient story. Jesha listened well then chuckled at eric .
“Eric do you really expect me to believe that?”
Eric smiled.
“Believe it or not kiddo you’re the key and you cannot help it.”
Jesha narrowed her eyes at him.
“What do you mean?”
“The statues will open with your very presensce, the problem is what you do with that power, we want it. And we’re willing to assure we get it.”
Jesha laughed at him.
“I doubt any argument you could give me would convince me.”
“Don’t underestimate us child. We have a very convincing argument. Show her.”
A panel slid open and Jesha saw Sean with another mutant who was beating the krap out of him. Jesha felt her mental link with him open only to be overwhelmed by the emotions he felt.
*Hang on Baby I’m coming*
*Jesha, honey are you ok?*
*yeah love hold on I will try to fix this.*
She heard sean chuckle in his mind.
*Don’t do anything brash love, our lives are worth saving our world.*
Jesha watched as Sean took another hit to the face and looked at Eric.
“Leave him alone Eric.”
“Still not convinced. OK lets go to a more sensitive topic.”
A second panel slid open to the defiant eyes of Ororo Munroe. She stood in the center room and saw a man standing there with a electric stick.
“listen carefully child through the telepathic sounds.”
Jesha did and heard a second heartbeat. Goddess Ororo was pregnant.
“Let them go Eric I’ll do it. Just leave them be.”
eric nodded.
“All I needed child. They will be released after the job is done.
Jesha nodded.
“One condition Eric.”
“And that would be?”
“Give me one night with my husband.”
Eric and Mastermind smiled.
“Of course child. I forgot you were so recently married.”
“thank you.”
“Joco take them all to a room, the animal and miss Munroe go together and Sean and this young lady go together.”
The guard nodded and escorted Jesha to a room with a bed and a small bathroom. When she stepped in she saw her husband sitting on the bed. She rushed over to him and brushed her fingers against his face.
“Lets get you cleaned up husband of mine.”
She took his hand and gently led him to the bathroom. She took the washcloth on the counter and getting it damp began to clean Sean’s wounds. His eyes met hers.
“What happened to you Jesha.”
Jesha sighed and ignored her own pain.
“Its not important.”
Sean reached out and put her o nthe counter wanting eye contact with her. She was sitting on the counter he was standing between her legs. He reached up and stopped her hand form cleaning his wounds. Their eyes met and Jesha glanced at him lovingly.
“What?”
“Jesha wife of mine tell me.”
“later husband. Let me love you rightnow.”
Sean released her hand with a sigh and Jesha began to quietly clean his wounds again. When she finished her lips met his tentatively. Sean needing her touch kissed her back his tongue sweeping her lower lip asking for access. She opened her mouth for him as his tongue swept past hers. Sean felt himself become aroused, he pushed her away momentarily needing to see her.
“Jeshia wife tell me whats happening.”
Jesha sighed she hated it when he used her full name. She kissed him one last time her kiss slow and deep. Sean responded moaning in her mouth. She chuckled and pulled away. She wrapped her legs around his waist pulling him close. Before she could say anything a knock sounded on the door and Jesha quickly removed her legs sean stepping away to answer the door. Jesha followed him and was soon caught in a tight hug by her mother.
“Jeshia you had us worried.”
Ororo searched her daughters eyes. Jesha hugged her close again and spoke in Swahili.
“Maya,wosha na tobagado? (mother your pregnant?).”
Ororo’s eyes hot up in surprise.
“Wosha na tobadago, tamen do na. (I am not pregnant that I know of.)”
“hane mono she ai. (you are I can hear the child heartbeat.)”
Ororo stepped back in shock then glanced at her daughter.
“ Papa Jean Shei ne bei de shan. (Papa Jean has been avenged as have you.)”
Jesha nodded.
“Thank you mother.”
“Your welcome child.”
The two captured each other in another hug.
“Shei de shua huo baba. ( you’d better tell Baba.)”
Ororo chucled.
“I will Jeshia.”
In swahili Jesha began to explain to her the story Eric had told her. Ororo’s face clouded.
“They are right jeshia.”
Together the two of them sat down looking at each other in the immense amount of truth in the words. Sean and Logan sat and looked at them confused.
“Care to translate?”
“Maya.”
Ororo explained the story for Sean to hear and he looked at his wife softly.
“Whats jesha’s part in all of this?”
“she is the key to all of this. Shes the only one that can give the power. They plan to use her to gain power.”
Sean’s eyesflashed.
“Jeshia why are you doing this?”
Hurt flashed across her face.
“How can you even ask me that Sean? Don’t you know the answer?”
Sean looked at her anger apparent in his eyes.
Jesha got up from the bed and walked over to him. She kissed him hard leaving him breathless.
“There in lies your answer husband.”
Jesha attempted to step away when Sean caught her close and ran his hand along her cheek.
“Lets run baby. Run away with me.”
His eyes held desperation for her.
“There is more to the story.”
All eyes turned to Ororo. She turned and looked at her husband.
“Logan I’m pregnant.”
Logan left without words to say pulled her close and kissed her. He broke away got up and did a dance around the room.
“I’m gonna be a father!!!!!!!!”
All four of them laughed. Logan after his dance turned to his daughter.
“Jesha we will get out of this alive all four of us.”
“Thank you baba, now if you’ll both excuse us I really need some time alone with my husband.”
Logan and Ororo chuckled. Logan winked at Jesha.
“Not a bad idea Daughter.”
Jesha grinned at her father. He grabbed Ororo gently in his arms and took his wife into his arms carrying her to their bedroom. When the door closed Sean took his wife in his arms and pulled her close.
“Maybe do you think it will work?”
Jesha looked into his deep green eyes and touched his face.
“I dunno won’t know until we try, but I do plan on making this night like it was our last.”
Sean growled and pulled her closer his touch demanding, his kisses heated and passionate. Slowly they made love, taking their time, savoring each moment, savoring each other and the love that existed there. Jesha reached for him several times that night just wanting to be near him, wanting his love wanting his passion. Sean savored each moment and together to two fell into a deep sleep. Jesha woke up before her husband, around 430ish, light was just beginning to show itself. Jesha got up and quietly slipped out of Sean’s arms. She walked over to the window and looked out, it was raining, Jesha stifled the cry that emitted itself from her throat. She could feel the walls closing in on her heart as tears slipped down her cheeks. Once more she was going to lose all she loved and held dear to. Her tears flowed down the sky seeming to weap with her, he heart crying out to the Earth. It rumbled quietly in response. She touched her lips feeling the love of her husband and her tears fell harder. She reached out and felt Ororo’s heartbeat, Jesha listened also to Logans. She heard the third heartbeat of the child in Ororo’s womb and it hurt deep within her. Her heart nearly broke. Lastly she turned her attention back to her husband, his redish blondish hair falling soflty in his eyes. She reached for him only to be interrupted by a knock on the door. Jesha groaned and pulled on her clothes quickly. She answered the door motioning for Sean to stay. Eric was standing there.
“Its time Jeshia.”
He looked past her into the room Sean sitting up now.
“Get dressed you have two minutes to say your goodbyes. I will wake the others. You can’t escapes Sean. It won’t work I will kill Jesha if you try.”
Sean took a deep breath. As the door closed he quickly got dressed and walked towards his wife, she was standing watching him leaning against the door. Sean looked at her mixed emotions running through his eyes. Jesha reached out and touched his cheek gently. Sean felt tears slipping down his face as he looked at her his voice cracked as he spoke.
“Baby why does it have to be this way.”
Jesha looked softly at her husband her own eyes filling with pain and unspoken words. She reached out and pulled him into a hug, Sean held her tightly almost crushing her ribs his emotions seeming to stream into her as a river becomes one with the Ocean. He held her close crying in her hair. Jesha let her own tears fall. She stepped away after a moment and she kissed him one last time, her kiss full of despair, seeming to try to say , then turned as a knock sounded on the door. Guards escorted her out of the room having a grip on both her arms. Jesha shook them off glaring at them and walked with them. The third guard looked at Sean.
“You to Mister. Move it.”
Logan and Ororo were also escorted by several guards. Logan’s mind was racing somehow he had to stop this. He growled and just as he released his claws a electric stick hit him in the side and the three of them were herded into a corner. The guards pushed a button on his wrist and Logan slammed into a clear wall. He banged on it hard trying to get out. He couldn’t. Sean screamed, which was unsuccessful. Mastermind walked out to see Jesha standing between two guards both of them with weapons loaded. Mastermind smiled.
“Take her to her chair.”
Jesa’s mind raced, this wasn’t part of the plan, the chair weould control her mind and make her relinquish, she growled a warning to the guard who tried to touch her. Her other foot reached out and caught the second guard in the mouth knocking him sensless. Mastermind raised an eyebrow as he watched her take the first the rifle against his throat choking him.
“Jesha we had a deal, or do I need to remind you of that.”
He snapped his fingers and Sean was electrocuted from behind. Jesha still held the man until the guard near Sean kicked him in the back of the knees heading toward Ororo.
“Stop Mastermind, your right.”
She released the guard and glared at Mastermind.
“We do this my way.”
Mastermind nodded.
“As you wish doorkeeper. Guard bring the statues.”
All seven statues were brought out and laid at Jesha’s feet.
“Arrange them.”
Jesha bent down and examined them Each had the face of something different. One a lion for strength. Another a Tiger for loyalty, another a horse for beauty. Each was exquisitely carved. Slowly Jesha began to arrange them each fascinating her. When she set them in the right order she stood in the center and spoke soflty in Egyptian. The stones responded and several images danced before Jesha’s eyes. She began to speakin a language she never knew she spoke, she fought to remain in control, she also felt her control wekening. Images of her husband and family flashed before her eyes. A sense of purpose slowly began to erode those images as they seemed to wave goodbye, slipping from her mind. She was becoming someone different, a wind blowing her black hair off her face her body responding to every word. The whole room was filled with Egyptian incantations, incantations of strength, valor, loyalty, betrayal and Beauty. Ororo Logan and Sean watched fascinated as the images began to swirl. When Jesha opened her eyes they were an earrie green on black. She turned to Mastermind and in a strange voice spoke.
“it is time.”
Mastermind knowing she was far gone from comprehension looked at his guard.
“Kill all three of them”
Jesha eyes flashed and the room shook.
“We had a deal.”
Mastermind nodded.
“Give me my power. Let me have your mind.”
Telepathically he began to take the power from her mind. Jesha fell to her knees trying to block him from part of her mind.
*Baba, Mama, Babe go. Get out of here. I will keep him occupied.*
Sean pushed his head against the cool surface.
*not leaving without you babe.*
Jesha closed the channel to her parents for a moment and spoke telepathically with him, she used her powers to caress his face gently.
*Sean my love, I loved you, close your eyes for a moment, remember our wedding day? Remember always Sean that I love you, that will never end. You made me complete husband. we don’t always get our happily ever afters but dammit man I love you. Now go, go for me.*
*No Jesh I won’t leave you*
*Sean I will find you now go dammit before I throw you out stubborn man*
Sean’s tears fell down his face Jesha’s heart breaking more with each one.
*Go babe. Do it for me. This is the life we chose husband, we chose to save the world. We knew this day would come, its here I’m making my choice Sean. Go live on.*
She closed him off telepathically and contacted her parents.
*Mama Baba, you’ve made me the happiest child I could ever be. You were good parents to me. It is my time to be your daughter go.*
*Jesh I’m not leaving you either.*
Over the telepathic link Jesha chuckled.
*Mother you have another to worry about go. W don’t always get happily ever after, in the life we live its how it is. This is the life we chose. I chose to do this. Now go.*
Logan out of all three of them realized what Jesha was doing.
*Come back to me daughter*
*I will try my father now go*
Jesha used the last of her strength and control to lower the barrier and Logan lit into the guards taking them out easily, then ushered his wife out of the room. Jesha held until they were gone. Her mind began collapsing and she screamed in agony. She closed off the telepathic link to her family and her agony filled her head. Tears began to fill her eyes as years of pain, pain of her parents death, pain of losing her husband, pain of losing friends, family and those she loved filled her. She was driven to her knees. Mastermind’s eyes glowed.
“Good child good.”
Jesha pulled all the strength she had and found with all the power of the curse and all the power she had she funneled it all to Mastermind, his mind began to go on overload. Jeshe screamed internally her anger apparent as her powers were released, and taken from her control, completely dicated by her emotion. Several explosions erupted throughout the mansion glass breaking, people on their knees holding their heads screaming as Jesha released her fury. Wind blew from behind her as her eyes whited, her hair free and wild. Tear stained face, torn clothes, flaming eyes and anger were the best description of her. She opened her hands and screamed louder angrier, Mastermind’s eyes bulged and poppe d as his head exploded. Jesha stood with the last of her strength and summoned her power as well as the power of the statues, She looked down at her hands and sighed, they were strong and sure, she opened them and the walls of the house began to shake, She clapped her hands tightly together the walls of the house slamming in on themselves. She closed her eyes as the house began to fall on her, she was ready for sleep.
Ororo, Sean and Logan looked back when they heard glass breaking, they were a mile away from the mansion, they watched as fire flew from the broken windows, people jumping from burning wood, many of them fell to their knees and screamed in agony. They watched as the house imploded upon itself, Jesha’s revenge complete. As they watched Logan’s grip tightened on his wife’s shoulder. They watched as agony beyond words crossed Sean’s face. He fell to his knees his hands trembling and balled into fists, tears streaming down his face. His primal cry hit both of their hearts as their own tears fell.
“JESHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! You stubborn women, dammit I love you!”
Banshee wept, he wept for his bride and her sacrifice. Ororo’s voice broke.
“We should leave.”
The three flew back to the guild in silence their task complete, Jesha’s sacrifice to high a cost to pay.





You must login () to review.