Sean lay in bed reaching for his wife’s pillow, it still smelled like her and he felt hot tears falling down his face. It had been 6 months since her death. After her death he had headed back to Ororo and logan’s time accompanied by Moira and Charles. He remembered meeting hank and seeing the joy in the eyes of those around him when they saw charles. Sean punched the bed angrily. Jesha had been his life and now she was gone, He would forever miss her. He closed his eyes remembering her promise.
“I will find you now go.”
It echoed through his head like a curse. He was angry. He got up from the bed and headed to the car, grabbing his ipod as he went. He turned on Flyleaf and revved his engine. He tore out of the garage and headed to the race track hitting about 90 on the freeway. When he got off the ramp he drove to the track. The track owner smiled at him. Sean had become a regular here.
“Banshee what are the stakes tonight?”
Sean grinned hollowly, as his fingers nimbly turned down the music.
“Your best racers, top stakes.”
The man smiled.
“one Hundered thousand each?”
Sean chuckled.
“That’s the number.”
“Got your cash?”
Sean reached into the glovebox and handed the man fresh crisp five hundred dollar bills. He grinned.
“Allright winnings 500,000.”
Sean nodded and drove out to the track. He once more turned up the music, turning it up loud, not caring if the whole race track could hear. He flipped through his ipod and turned on Nickelback, Someday. The other cars joined him and Sean revved his engine. Since Jesha’s death he had poured his winnings into this car, adding the highest horsepower engine with a modified muffler for sound affects. Sean put on his helmet with a custom enhance speaker. Tears began to fill his eyes as he listened to the song, anger fueling his need for speed. The flag went down and Sean took off knowing this was going to be a tough race. He was racing against Mario Damageo, one of the best street racers. Sean gunned it hitting about one hundred and fifty miles per hour, he passed Demageo. The other four racers were pretty new to the circuit some of them from other circuits. One drove up beside him, Sean revved it hittingthe curve at about 110. The racer behind him spun out and ran into the wall. Sean pulled out in front easily passing the three remaiing newcomers, Demageo was a constant challenge and a good friend. By the third lap around the track the other three contestants were out, dents in cars attesting to that. Demageo looked at Sean, Sean smiled and changed to his highest gear. Demageo’s eyes flashed as he did the same. Sean smiled , his adrenaline pumping as his pulse pounded against his head, forgetting at least for a moment the way Jesha used to smile, the way her blue eyes lit up and filled with love each time she saw him, anger fueled his driving as he drove with everything he was.
Logan and Ororo arrived at the race track to see Sean’s Lamborghini racing around the track Logan whistled.
“Hes gotta be going about two hundred Ro.”
She chuckled half heartedly. Her concern showing through her chuckle. Logan understanding hugged her shoulders tightly. He was also concerned about Sean. They watched as Demageo rammed Sean, Sean took it in stride, hit the brakes and shot behind Demageo. Logan smiled at the move, knowing Jesha used to use that move. He then shifted the car pushing her to the edge, he came up beside demageo and slammed into him. Demageo tried the move Sean had just used and skidded out hitting the gravel at about a hundred miles an hour. Sean smiled knowing his friend would be ok and drove through the finish line. His took another lap around the track slowing and cooling the car down. The words to Nickelback’s song hit his heart as he sang them.
“Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'
Tired of livin' like a blind man
I'm sick inside without a sense of feelin
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
To the bottom of every bottle
Despite words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"
Yet?, Yet?, Yet?, no no

It's not like you didn't know that
I said I love you and I swear I still do
It must have been so bad
Cause living with me must have damn near killed you

This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
To the bottom of every bottle
Despite words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"
Yet?, Yet?, Yet?, no no

Never made is as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me

This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
To the bottom of every bottle
Despite words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"
Yet?, Yet?, Yet?, no no”
He came to a stop as the song ended and jumped out, several of his fans pouring out on the track. The owner came out and smiled.
“Good race Sean. You’ve got no competition, and your at the top circuit. Only Jesha made it this far.”
Sean ground his teeth, he couldn’t get away from that memory could he?
“Heres your money, Ro and Logan are waiting for you.”
Sean sighed, he was hoping they wouldn’t find him. He walked back to the car and pulled into the repair area.
“She looks good Sean. Only a few dings.”
“Fix em Jon, here’s ten thousand.”
Jon nodded.
“Sean you don’t need to pay me that much.”
Sean nodded.
“Just do it. No mistakes.”
“Will do.”
Sean walked out and met ro and Logan. Logan smiled at him.
“Ride home? We’ll get the car tomorrow, good job Sean, nice race.”
“Why don’t I take you two out to a nice dinner. We’ll celebrate.”
Logan looked at his wife, she nodded her consent and he drove to Harry’s. When they reached Harry’s the bartender smiled.
“Usual Sean?”
Sean smiled.
“Make it a double.”

Ororo and Logan watched Sean race, but and update more cars and become more withdrawn from the world. Charles, Moira, hank and most of the xmen had tried to talk to them, as usual they ignored him. He raced hard and spent a ton of money trying to drown out the haunting blue eyes and laughter that were consuming him. About a month later Sean drove his Jag Xj220 onto the track another five hundred thousand on the line. The Owner had said a new racer from Egypt had come up and was racing against him tonight. He said she had challenged Sean to a one on one race, winnings five hundred thousand. He accepted readily willing to race against her. He pulled up next to her car, She was driving a black and beautiful Maserati MC12 with a white stripe down the center. She was wearing concealing sunglasses over her eyes and a helmet, just as the flag went down she saluted him and took off down the track. He easily followed, knowing his modified jag had a ton of horse power. He pulled beside her and steered toward him, she gunned it and shot out in front of him, her back bumper barely missing her front. He pulled in on the edge of a curve and began to take the turn, he took it at about one hundred miles and hour, the other driver above him took it a bit faster. He nodded to her, she was a good driver.
Logan and Ororo were at the circuit once again watching Sean race against a new driver, she was good. She took a curve at 110 miles and hour. Ororo whistled as the driver pulled out of it easily. Sean’s forehead started to bead with sweat for the first tie in months he was stressed about this race, this driver was good, she was out smarting him or out gunning him the whole race. He cursed under his breath, he had gotten complacent. He growled as she pulled in front of him once more cutting him off from the inside curve forcing him to go on the outside. He was interrupted by a message from the owner.
“She wants to up the bet to a mil, have you got it? She said to back out if your scared.”
Sean snorted hell no he wasn’t scared.
“That’s a bet I’ll take.”
The up in the bet was announced over the loud speakers. Ororo’s mouth twitched in a smile. This girl was good, she wanted to meet her after the race, she was also driving one of the best cars around. Logan’s eyes were wider than usual.
“Shes nuts.”
Ororo cocked her head at her husband.
“No shes confident. She’ll win.”
“Hell no she won’t Seany boy’s a good driver.”
“That he may be, yes he’s got the superior car with that modified engine but she’s a better driver. Watch her take those curves, she’s not even wobbling. Seany boy wobbles a bit.”
Logan growled.
“Betcha a choclate bar she loses.”
Ororo laughed, her husband picking her one weakness in her pregnancy. She patted his cheek lovingly.
“I’ll take that bet.”
When they turned back to the race Sean and the mystery women were on their last lap around the track. Sean in the car came up beside her attempting to ram her, she puton her brakes heart darted behind him and drove up to his side, shaking her head she rammed him into the curve, Sean overcompensated and started to spin out, he quickly changed his stratedgy and gunned it using his far superior engine to catch up with her. Together the two cars crossed the finish line so close no one knew who won. The owner developed the photograph quickly anc chuckled. Damm Egyptian had just won. Sean and the women had just finished their last lap to cool the cars, Sean stepped out and leaned against his car. The owner shrugged.
“she won Sean.”
Sean swore and smacked his car. Ororo in the stand whopped. She kissed her disappointed husband and smiled.
“I want my chocolate bar.”
Together they walked over to the racers, several of the fans had rushed the womens car, Ororo was quickly given a path, she watched as the door swung up and a the young racer stepped out.
“Hell of a good race girl.”
The young women reached up and took off her helmet. When she did Ororo’s breath caught in her throat.
“Jesha.”
Jesha nodded and caught her mother in a tight hug. The two women were shielded from Sean and Logan’s gaze by the crowd. The crowd stood in dead silence as they hugged tightly. Ororo held her close missing her, after a moment she pushed her out to arms length.
“How?”
Jesha chuckled,
“now that’s a story, I will save for later.”
About this time Logan and Sean began to push through the crowd, Logan got their first and stopped dead in his tracks, Sean talking with the owner ran into him. When he saw Logan’s face he looked at his father in law.
“What?”
His eyes fluttered to the place Logan’s rested and his breath caught in his throat. There she was, the women who had haunted his dreams for months was standing there, her eyes were sparkling and dancing, her hair slight misheveled a few strands finding their way out of her ponytail. She bent down to a small child and was signing a hat. She said something and then looked up under his intense gaze, her eyes meeting his. He saw them dance more and love ignited in them. Logan practically sprinted across the space and captured her in a tight hug after she got up.
“Daughter I though t I’d lost you.”
She chuckled softly against his shoulder.
“You have in a way father.”
Logan looked down at her and saw a great sadness there, he opened his mouth to speak but she silenced him with a finger.
“later Baba.”
Her eyes held playfulness as she headed over to her husband.
“I believe senior that you owe me a million dollars.”
Sean having been rooted to his spot smiled a drawl slowly coming from his lips.
“I believe I do lassie.”
He reached in his pocket and pulled out the money the owner had given him, and counted bill by bill ,never breaking eye contact. When he was done Jesha smiled and put it in her pocket. She turned and walked away yelling over her shoulder.
“Nice car.”
She glanced at Ro and winked.
“Want a ride?”
Ro nodded.
“Hell yes.”
The two women got into the car, Jeshe revved her engine and drove away winking at Sean as she put her sunglasses on. Ro laughed.
“Oh your mean.”
Jesha chuckled.
“That I am. More than you know.”
Ororo saw sadness fill her daughters eyes and wanted to take it back.
“It’s the virus isn’t it?”
Jesha nodded.
“I’ll tell you when we get home. How are you feeling?”
Ororo sighed.
“Good I’m due soon. Logan owes me a chocolate bar.”
Jesha threw back her head and laughed. She reached into the glove compartment and handed her mother a heath bar. Ororo smacked her lips.
“Why is this in here.”
“Part of my diet.”
“So the car, where’d you get it.”
“Same way Sean bought the jag. Raced a car and bought it, I have three more.”
“which are?”
“Ferrari Enzo, A fia GT3 that I won and lastly a Lotus circuit car.”
Ororo chuckled.
“How much have your winnings been the last few months?”
Jesha chuckled.
“Rivaling your record mom.”
Ororo smiled.
“After this baby is born watch out kid watch out.”
Jesha pulled into the garage and parked her beautiful Ferrari.
“When do your other babies get here?”
“Tommorow.”
Jesha got out and grabbed her suitcase.
“A few things you couldn’t leave eh?”
Jesha nodded.
“I’ll meet you back in the library in about ten minutes.”
Ro nodded. Jesha headed to the room.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sean stood rooted in the same spot watching after the little red Ferrari. He couldn’t believe it, she was really alive. Logan came up to him and snapped his fingers in his face.
“ Wake up.”
Sean realizing he had been standing there for ten minutes gaping after the Ferreari and sanpped out of it.
“Logan lets go get a beer.”
Logan laughed.
“Lead the way.”
The two men got in their separate cars and headed to harry’s Logan bought him a beer and they talked for two or three hours.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Jesha walked down the hall to her room, pushed open the double doors . The room smelled of her husband, she took a deep breath her hands feathering their way over the dresser and the nightstand. She paused and chuckled when she saw an Ella fitzgerald record on the floor. She grabbed the record and put it on the old player enjoying its scratchy beauty. She stepped easily out of her clothes and stepped into the shower, she took a five minute shower and dressed easily. After she finished dressing she grabbed her Ella Fitzgerald CD, turning off the record and walked downstairs. She turned it on soflty on the large stereo. She then joined Ororo in the library.
“Care to come keep me company and make dinner?”
“Heck yes.”
The two women opened a bottle of Ravenswood zinfandel and grabbed the large salmon filet Jesha had brought home, seasoned it and threw it in the frying pan. Jesha also sliced up zuchinni, squash, spinach, tomatoes, and Yellow peppers. She added some Slap ya mama Cajun seasoning and a bit of crushed pepper. Jesha added a bit of the zinfandel to the mix and just let it cook. Its aroma began to fill the kitchen.
“So care to tell me whats going on? Like how you’re here.”
Jesha chuckled.
“well part of my plan in taking on Mastermind was to overload him with the power he sought and deafeat him, I was successful in that endeavour, as the house began to crumble I found the statues actually had a shield around me. As soon as their power gave out I found myself in the middle of the nile river, extremely weak power wise, I couldn’t remember much except my name and other things that were simple. Well I was out on the circuit late one night and asked a good friend of mine if I could drive he let me and very simply I began to drive the circuits. I earned money, paid for my living, food clothing and the likes. As I moved up in circuits I got my first car, the FIA, I drove it recklessly, and soon I was winning a few hundred a night. It was a start, soon I finished the final circuit and heard about a hot shot Scottish driver in New York. SO my owner challenged him and he accepted. So here I am.”
“And the virus.”
Jesha’s face creased in pain as she turned the fish and vegetables. She took a long sip of wine enjoying it and looked back at ororo’s face.
“The virus is the only reason I didn’t immediately comeback, I was staying with the Marquis de gall.”
“Wise man I’ve heard, did you sleep with him?”
“Her and no she and I are just good friends, we learned of one another through the circuit. Together the two of us looked for a cure, reading ancient texts, couldn’t find it. What I did discover was the simple fact that our ancestor didn’t account for mutations, the virus was meant to escalate in the persons body and become airborne and kill the world basically. Well with my mutation it didn’t work. Its contained within me and won’t be able to spread, except through bodily fluids.”
“So basically forget sex and kissing or drinking out of another glass.”
Jesha nodded.
“Pretty much.”
“Damm girl. I’m sorry daughter.”
Jesha waved her apology away.
“Its life Ororo, we don’t all get our happy endings.”
“So your just going to die.”
“Pretty much.”
“And Sean?”
“Lets just say the last time was our last, hell it felt like it. It was pretty amazing, if he wants a divorce I’ll understand. I miss him already Ororo.”
Ro nodded understading.
“Have Henry look at you tomorrow. Please.”
Jesha nodded.
“I will.”
Jesha grabbed the fish off the stove and a plate, filled it and handed it to Ororo. She smiled and took a deep breath breathing in the scent of it. It was good, the squash and the bell peppers adding their own mix of flavor to the fish.
“You’re a good cook Jesh.”
Jesha smiled.
“Thank you.”
At that moment the men they loved so well walked into the room smiling. Sean walked over to her and hugged her tightly. Jesha returned his hug but when he bent his head to kiss her she pulled away. Confusion and hurt filled his eyes.
“Lassie?”
Jesha sighed running her hands through her hair, her body burned for his touch. She motioned both men to a chair and pulled out the rest of the fish giving them each a plate. Both men sat down but Sean wouldn’t touch the food, his eyes searched hers.
“Baby whats wrong?”
Jesha took a deep breath and quietly began to explain. Sean’s heart sunk to his feet, as he listened to his wife speak. When she was finished he looked up at her.
“So that means I can’t be intimate.”
Jesha smiled at his politically correct term. She walked over to him her fingers gently on his lips.
“Your right love it means we can’t have sex.”
Pain filled Sean’s eyes.
“And you expect me to just stand by and watch Jesha? You think I’m going to stand here and watch you die? You expect me to wait around for that? I love you more fucking than that.”
Jesha stood quietly pain reflecting in her own eyes.
“No Sean I don’t expect you to in fact I want a divorce.”
Sean’s eyes flashed. Jesha quietly added.
“I won’t let you die for me husband, maybe its better that I never came back. If you’ll excuse me.”
Jesha walked out to the garage her breath constricting in her throat. Tears began to fill her eyes as she ran to her room, grabbed her keys and ran back to the garage. She got in her maserati and drove quickly away. The engine revved and she drove quickly away from the mansion. Ororo, Logan and Sean were all sitting in the kitchen shell shocked. Sean rose quickly from his chair as his fist pounded into the table.
“Damm women. Its not her fuckin fault.”
Ororo rose from the table and opened the doors. Logan stopped her.
“Oh no you don’t. You can’t fly with wee one babes.”
Ororo struggled against his grasp.
“its my fault Logan its all my fault.”
Logan pulled her into his arms feeling the anger in her. Sean stood pacing the floor. Would he go after her? What was he going to do? He was angry and he took his jacket and walked out in the pelting rain. Jesha drove to the dock and handed the captain enough money for her fare to Alaska.
“Did you win Jesha?”
“I did captain.”
“Then keep the fare money I won it from my crew in bets.”
“Thanks Captain how long will the journey take?”
“Few days. We leave at midnight. Plenty of good fishing on the way.”
“Nice I’ll see you in an ahour then.”
“Jesha he loves you.”
“I know Jean Luc, I guess I expected to much of him.”
She turned in the pelting rain and headed into a nearby circuit bar. They cheered and many lifted their glasses to her. She headed to a corner table and enjoyed the jazz that was being played. She ordered a tall beer , she took a long drink of her beer and tears began to slip down her cheeks as her and Sean’s favorite song came on. What a fool she’d been to come back, what was she hoping to accomplish. She listened to Ella Fitzgerald’s voice came over the speakers. She laid her head back and closed her eyes singing to the words. She felt gentle hands caressing her tears away and strong arms cradle her close. She opened her eyes to see her father looking at her.
“ Wasn’t thinking of leaving without saying goodbye were you?”
Jesha smiled.
“Baba I would never leave without saying goodbye.”
Logan chuckled and motioned her ticket.
“Yeah that’s why your boat leaves in an hour.”
“I was going to call Baba.”
He smiled.
“You’re a good liar baby girl.”
Jesha tipped her beer.
“ I had a good teacher.”
Logan laughed.
“So how were you planning on saying bye?”
Jesha laughed.
“Captain and I are old friends I fly out to meet him often times.”
“Well you better move your butt and go say goodbye to your mom before you do. Jeshia that man loves you.”
“I know Baba, but it will hurt him to much to be around me it’s a choice I make.”
“The man prolly doesn’t want you to make that choice for him.”
“You’d do no different for Mama, Baba.”
Logan nodded.
“Your right baby. But you ain’t me. You got your mothers loyalty in you. Don’t be me baby.”
“To late baba.”
Jesha finished off her beer and looked at him.
“I love you Baba. Thanks for coming all the way down here to chew my ass off. I love you.”
Logan took a deep breath and hugged her close.
“Don’t be a stranger baby.”
“I won’t Daddy. I’ll be back before you know it. I’ll come home to visit soon.”
Logan nodded.
“You better babes.”
Jesha gave him one more squeeze and got up quickly grabbing her car keys the bill and headed out. She fired up her maserati and parked it on the boat. She flicked the keys to the captain.
“I’ll fly out to meet you.”
“Allright don’t be to late.”
“I won’t be only about another hour.”
He grunted a reply and Jesha took off in the air and headed to the mansion. She landed softly on the porch to her parents room and crept in quietly. Ororo was there and turned to face her startled. She relaxed when she saw Jesha.
“I have a gift for you mom.”
She threw her in succession three sets of keys.
“enjoy them, the enzo pulls a bit to the right.”
“And where are you going?”
“Alaska, I co-own a small lodge up there, be running some circuits till I can buy my own place.”
“And Sean?”
“I can’t hurt him like this mom. Hes to good for me anyway. I love that man and I will forever love him, but I can’t hurt him like this. At least this way he’ll have another chance.”
“So your going to Alaska to simply die.”
“That’s the gist of it.”
Ororo saw her daughters determined look and wanted to cry, she knew Jesha had made up her mind. She reached out and the two women hugged tightly.
“I think your making a mistake daughter.”
Jesha nodded.
“I know I am but its better this way.”
“Come home to see me soon and your baby sister.”
Jesha nodded.
“I will.”
Ororo hugged her tightly one last time and Jesha felt her tears brim.
“Goodbye mom. I love you.”
“Love you to baby, now go.”
Jesha smiled, ran and jumped off the balcony. Ororo saw her cell phone and grabbed it.
“Jesh!”
Jesha turned around to catch an xmen cell phone.
“Use it to say goodbye to him Jeshia.”
Jesha nodded and flew into the night. Ten minutes later she landed on the deck of the boat. She pulled the cell phone out of her pocket and dialed the mansions phone. Kitty answered.
“Hey Kit Kat grab Sean for me.”
Sean answered the phone and Jesha heard his quivering emotions.
“Hey babe.”
Sean’s breath caught in his throat when he heard her voice.
“Jeshia where the hell are you.”
“On a boat.”
“So you were serious.”
“Yes handsome I was, at least this way you’ll have a chance with someone else.”
Sean growled low and mean into the phone.
“I don’t want anyone else jeshia I want you and you alone.”
Jesha’s heart hurt.
“Sean I love you to much to let you watch me die.”
Sean’s tone flattened.
“Jesha I promised you a lifetime in sickness and in health, don’t you remember? Was that all meaningless to you.”
Tears fell down Jesha’s cheeks mingling with the ocean.
“Sean it meant the world to me, those vows I took seriously.”
Sean’s voice softened when he heard her tears.
“Come back to me Baby. We’ll find a cure, let me love you.”
Jesha covered her mouth to stifle the sob that escaped her lips. She closed the cell phone and sobbed in the corner of the boat the rain pouring down.
“I love you to damm much Sean, I can’t hurt you this way.”
The Ocean around them pelted the side of the boat as she cried. The captain came down.
“Jesha I know your hurting but your going to rip the boat apart.”
Jesha took a deep breath and calmed the waves. They calmed to a beautiful calm night and Jesha headed to her room. Closing the door. Early the next morning Jesha got up early and looked out over the ocean. The sun as rising casting its beautiful colors into the sky. Jesha knew she should be taken back by it. Instead she looked hollowly on her heart crying out in its depths for her to hear. Jesha ignored it and continued to watch the sunrise.
A few days later Jesha drove off the boat and to the lodge. When she reached it she was greeted by her best friend Lauri. Lauri chuckled when she saw Jesha walk in the door.
“I was wondering when your wandering heart would bring you back. Why the hell are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be married?”
“gimme a beer women.”
Lauri laughed.
She grabbed a beer from the bar tender and the to grabbed a small table.
“So what brings you here?”
Jesha sighed then began from the beginning. After she was done Lauri raised an eyebrow.
“Damm girl, your life is never easy.”
Jesha laughed
“That it has been.”
“Get checked out jesh, we have good docs as you know here. I know you’ll want to drive the circuits, but I know the hospital is looking for a good ped.”
“Well I’ll have to show up there tomorrow and see what they can do.”
Lauri nodded.
“And the husband?”
“I asked for a divorce.”
“Why babe?”
“I can’t hurt him like that Lauri. I just can’t.”
“I understand. I struggle with the idea love but I understand. Well babes the suite is at your disposal as always. And Jesh if that hunk of a husband comes after you don’t run away.”
Jesha chuckled.
“He won’t come after me.”
Jesha started when the phone rang.
“Speaking of the devil. Hello?”
“Hey babe.”
“Hey whats up?”
“Jeshia don’t pull that shit with me. Don’t try the informal friends tone, dammit women I’m your husband. Now whats this really about?”
“What you mean whats this about? You know babe.”
“Jesha I’m flying up there to see you where the hell are you?”
“I’m in Alaska at the lodge. If you come I’m not promising I’ll be here.”
Sean was standing in there room, her words hurt and he could hear the pain in her own voice. It was tearing him apart. He put his head against the doorjam it cooling his heated skin. Damm women.
Jesha heard a pause over the phone listening to his breathing. After a moment he spoke.
“Jeshia Mactaggert Howlett hear me well. I’m going to follow you no matter where you go, no matter how far I have to go I will find you, I love you to much to let you walk away from me.”
Jesha’s breath caught in her throat as pain throbbed across her face. She felt her defenses caving. She knew in that moment that she didn’t deserve his love driving the knife further into her heart.
“Sean this isn’t what I want. I’m asking you to respect me and stay away. I want a divorce.”
“tell me that to my face and mean it. I’ll be there in two hours.”
Jesha sighed and closed her phone. Lauri across the table grinned.
“Coming after you is he?”
Jesha scowled.
“I have two hours to steel myself against this.”
Lauri made no reply her eyes dancing. Jesha scowled at her and went to her room, she took a quick shower and grabbed a meal form the kitchen. The chef smiled when he saw her.
“Jesh good to have you back kid.”
Jesha nodded.
“Good to be back Cheffy. Whats on the menu.”
He smiled.
“ here.”
He shoved a plate her way. Jesha accepted it and sat down to eat. She picked a table far from the others and sat down memories flooding back. She cursed wouldshe ever get the blasted man out of her mind. She ate quickly and jumped in the car, driving quickly to the airport. When she reached it she parked and walked in. Sean walked off the plane not notcing her at first. His auburn blond hair was in his face, he was wearing a pair of faded Jeans a black shirt and a leather jacket. Goddess he looked sexy. He turned feeling her gaze on him and walked over to her. His eyes scanned hers.
“Hey beautiful.”
“Hey baby.”
Slowly and gently Sean reached out and brushed a strand of her hair out of her face, Jesha stepped into the warm comfort of his arms. Sean pulled her close savoring her warmth the scent of flowers that always accompanied her, they held onto one another for several minutes. Jesha leaned against his chest listening to the soft sound of his heartbeat. Goddess she loved this man, after what felt like an eternity he pushed her out to arms length.
“Jeshia come home with me.”
Jesha bit her lower lip and stepped back.
“Sean I can’t.”
“Wife our relationship is built on more than sex, I love you for you. We don’t need sex.”
Jesha glanced at him.
“I can’t Sean I can’t watch you watch me melt away into a hollow being of a women.”
Jesha bit her tongue from speaking the hidden fear of she was hollow without him.He caught it in her eyes.
“I can’t live without you Jesha. Look we don’t always get our happily ever afters, we don’t its reality but baby let me make it a happily ever after for you. I don’t care if I get some damm disease. I want you and you only Jesha.”
Jesha grinned ruefully. She put her hand against his lips then kissed the back of her hand.
“That’s the problem love, it would kill the rest of the world.”
Sean stepped away angrily.
“Theres just no winning is there?”
Jesha half heartedly smiled. She reached out and touched his cheek. His emerald green eyes were ablaze with anger. They calmed as she touched his cheek getting his full attention.
“Never let it be said that I don’t love you Sean, Goddess I’m going to die without you. I love you to damm much husband.”
She stepped away the intimate moment broken, her face hardened and she reached into her pocket. She pulled out the divorce papers and threw them down on the table. She steeled her eyes and looked at him.
“I want a divorce Sean.”
Sean shook his head, his own face hardening.
“You can walk away Jesha but a divorce I won’t give you.”
Jesha nodded and turned to leave.
“Goodbye sean.”
“Jesha I won’t come after you this time.”
She turned facing him one more time and nodded.
“I know love.”
She turned and walked away her heart shattering, what was left of it, with each step. Sean angrier than ever turned and got on the plane, it took off and he flew home to New York.
Jesha got in her car , as soon as the door closed the tears began to fall down her face. She banged her hands against the wheel and screamed. She was angry, angry at life, angry at Mastermind, angry at the world. The primalness of her scream tore at her as she wept for the man she had just hurt and the heart that left her broken.





You must login () to review.