Dinner passed quickly for Jesha as she chatted with several of the students. She remained quiet for most of the meal enjoying the constant chatter. Hank observed her carefully, careful to make sure she was ok. When the plates were cleared and the dishes done logan walked up to her.
“Ready?”
Jesha nodded mutely. Logan smiled to reassure her.
“Meet me back here in five minutes, you’ll need looser clothes.”
Jesha nodded. Ororo smiled at her.
“Come on you can borrow some of mine.”
Jesha nodded a silent thanks and followed Ororo to her room. Ro handed her a pair of pants and a wife beater. Jesha smiled.
“ Nice thanks.”
Ro nodded.
“No problem.”
Jesha slipped into the bathroom and changed. She was surprised at how well they fit. As she stepped out of the bathroom Ro grinned.
“Go give that boy a butt whopoping girl.”
Jesha laughed.
“Do my best.”
They went back downstairs and met Logan. He smiled and then He led her down into the danger room Ro and Hank followed. As they stood on the mat Logan studied his opponent.
“Lets start with some basic hand to hand combat, Ok with you?”
Jesha nodded.
“Lets go.”
Jesha stepped into a defensive attack. Logan raised an eyebrow and then he began to attack her. His fist coming in an upper cut. Jesha blocked him disengaged and logan found a fist in his stomach. He let out a whoosh of air and stepped back. He’d underestimated her. This time she attatcked with a flying side kick. Logan blocked the blow and as she landed, he attacked in her stomach range. Jesha rolled and knocked him off his feet. He growled. Jesha’s eyes met his a picture of defiance. She once more moved into an attack position and motioned with her hands.
“Bring it on.”
Logan saw a fire spark in her eyes. He was a bit taken aback but attatcked with a 360 back crustant kick. Jesha not missing a beat blockedlocked Logan’s arms with hers and did a full on head butt. Logan stumbled back, he was getting angry. He growled again. His eyes narrowed to slits as he watched her prepare for her next attack. He watched as she began a triple side kick, he blocked, she disengaged the kick and instead did a hook kick. He stumbled backwards. He couldn’t seem to get alock on her skills she was using a mostly tae kwon do as well as karate moves. He attatcked again with his hands, using a flying punch she blocked he disengaged and landed a hit to her stomach. Jesha’s eyes flashed. Logan attacked again with the same attack this time Jesha noticed his move and as he disengaged she caught his fist with one hand and punched him across the face. Logan tasted his own blood. Jesha was back in her attack stance her breath coming in ragged gasps. Logan tried a lower attack, he used a flying punch to her body, then in one smooth move he did a jumping back flying hook kick his feet making contact with her face and nose. She began to bleed. She smiled, almost a look of glee and wiped the blood from her nose. Logan was surprised. Who was this girl? She fought like he did, each of her movements a fluid motion. He wasn’t sure what to do with her. He watched as a moment later, the cut in her lip was healed. She had a healing factor this fight could get real interesting. After picking herself smoothly off the floor jesha got back in her attack stance and waited. Logan decided to see just how much this girl knew and he switched to tai chi techiniques.
“computer simulated weapons, give me a staff.”
“katana.”
Dangerous weapon for a women. The computer simulated a weapon rack. Logan walked over and grabbed his staff. Jesha made her way over and picked up a perfect katana. She did a few practice moves with it nodded it suitable and the real battle began. Logan watched her forms and got in a defense position. Jesha bowed and nodded a custom in this type of fighting. Logan returned the respect and the battle began. Jesha circled him her sword still in its sheath. Logan did a side attack in her six range and faster than lightning the sword was out of its sheath and she blocked him, the staff and sword clashing. Logan disengaged and attempted to go under her sword again Jesha blocked and using the force of the block kicked him hard in the chest. Logan flew back surprised at the attack. So she knew Tai chi and was a bit of a dirty fighter. She handled the sword well. She knew exactly what to do. He narrowed his eyes studying her as she circled him. She cried out and attacked him. Logan was expecting the attack blocked disengaged and knocked her flat on her ass. Jesha growled and logan watched something in her snap. He watched something he had only seen in himself. He saw an animal side of her, it was only brief. But her eyes had darkened from their beautiful blue to a deeper blue telling him she meant business. He attacked her again, Jesha missed the block and found his shaft hit her along side the face. She growled again and quickly attacked using a frontal attack, she attacked in his six range, and as he moved to block she disengaged and her sword caught him in the stomach. Logan was supprised when she didn’t push it through him but rather left a nasty cut across his stomach. Hank from the control room gave Ro a worried look. Ro shrugged and watched as Logan got back up. She attacked again this time aiming for his head. Logan blocked and then in one fluid movement went under her sword and his staff found her kneecap. Jesha stumbled crying out in pain. Logan noticed it only seemed to fuel the fire of her anger. She quickly stood her healing factor kicking in. He stopped her next attack.
“Hold kid. You’re a good fighter, where did you learn?”
Jesha stepped out of attack mode calming the animal within her and glanced at him.
“I don’t know.”
Logan nodded.
“Sorry forgot. Lets do a program and see what powers you have, keep the sword?”
Jesha nodded.
“Please.”
Logan smiled he liked her already.
“Ok, Computer load sentinel program.”
Jesha looked at the large monsters surrounding her and immediately felt her anger rise. The program began and Logan watched as the animal within her came out in full force. She grabbed a knife from her boot and with her katana alone she began running at a sentinel. Logan glanced at her, she must be nuts. As she ran she threw her knife straight at it, it hit the sensor system of the robot and it let out a shrill cry. Jesha lifted herself easily off the ground using the energy of the Earth and in a moment she was on its shoulder. She took her katana and made a thin slice in its armor, she then reached in and pulled out the circuits, its fell to the ground. Jesha used its arm to slide down and hit the ground, ripping her knife out of its chest. Logan stood there gaping as he watched her take off at a dead run towards another one. He watched as another stepped to attack her, the ground underneath it opened swallowing it and then reclosing, it let out a grumble as if burping. Logan was so shocked he failed to notice the last sentinel behind him, it hit him with a laser beam and he fell hitting his head against a rock. Jesha’s emotions began to take over as the dream came back in full force. Anger like she had never known filled her and she let it flow, a warm glow overpowered her and her hands let loose a fireball. It hit the sentinel in the chest and it staggered back. Jesha sheathed the sword and used the warmth overwhelming her. It stood back up and attempted to attack her again, Jesha formed a shield and blocked it. Then with every ounce of anger in her she called a storm to her and fried the sentinel. After it was done, she fell to her knees and cried. Tears streaming down her face. Ro in the control room ended the program unlocked the door and ran to the young girl. She had just shown an incredible display of power and now her young body was ravaged with sobs
All Ororo could do was hold her assuring her it would all be well. She was safe. Jesha like a young child turned into her shoulder and just sobbed. Logan and Hank just stood there powerless. She was a manipulator of organic material, she could harness the energy of almost anything forming any weapon, whether it be fire from the heat around her, a storm, or anything. From that her healing factor came. She was a very powerful mutant. There was also a chance she was telepathic. After a few moments jesha pulled away from Ro and got up off the floor offering Ro a hand. Ro accepted and then led her out of the room into the rec room. There nestled in the corner of the couch Jesha explained what happened. She explained her dream and the sorrow it had caused her. Logan and ororo exchanged glances.
“Jesha you have immese power. Stay with us. We can help and train you, plus we could use your help in teaching here if you’d like.”
Jesha nodded.
“I would love to.”
Hank cleared his throat.
“I hate to be a part pooper but what would she teach?”
Logan smiled.
“Well for now I can take over the hard sciences and she can teach self defense, Shes really good. I would venture her having a black belt easily.”
Hank nodded.
“Allright sounds good.”





You must login () to review.