Chapter 4 living at the xmansion
Months had passed since Jesha’s unexpected arrival at the xmansion. She had begun emerging herself in the students lives, and also in the lives of others. Her memory had returned slowly, she remembered more each day.
It was Thursday morning. Jesha rolled over and groaned. She had the dream again. The dream of a man fighting a battle with her, his face haunted her even when she was awake. Who was he? Just before she asked in the dream she always woke up. She sighed and looked at the clock. It was six in the morning, she was meeting several students to run in about ten minutes. She groaned and crawled out of bed grabbing her shorts and wife beater. She then brushed her hair pulling it back in a ponytail and pulled on her shoes. She walked down the stairs to be met by sleepy eyes and grouchy students. Rogue had a scowl on her face.
“What’s the matter Rogue?”
Rogue gave her a death glare.
“Ay haven’t had ma coffee yet.”
Jesha laughed.
“Remind me to stop by a coffee shop on the way home.”
All the students chuckled. A few minutes later Ro joined them.
“Ready?”
Jesha nodded.
“Yeah lets go.”
The two teachers led the way the students soon followed. As they ran Rogue and Jubs took the lead. Ro and Jesha fell to the back.
“Hows life going?”
“Going good. Enjoying teaching and learning.”
“Jesha we have a huge mission coming up come with us. So far you’ve been the one to take care of the kids. I want you to come with us.”
Jesha nodded.
“Allright.”
They stopped at a coffee shop on the way back to the mansion and grabbed coffee and then walked back. When they reached the mansion Logan walked out and smiled at them.
“ Man your crueler than I am making them go for early morning runs.”
Jesha shrugged.
“Yeah well.”
“We have a training session in an hour.”
Both nodded and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. Bobby was cooking. Jesha half heartedly smiled.
“I’m not going to be at breakfast, you all have a good one.”
Ro cast her a look of ‘don’t you dare.’ As she walked away. Jesha headed to her room. When she reached it she smiled and walked out on the Balcony. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the world was as it should be. As she stood there deep in thought memories flashed back. Memories of a world where mutants rarely existed and if found were exterminated by anyone in their wake. Memories of a Scottish women with laughing eyes and a passionate love for whiskey. Jesha leaned against the railing, tears slipping from her eyes of people she didn’t know, and yet their faces and lives haunted her each day. Some of them seemed to cry out from the grave while others she imagined had faces filled with worry and concern. Who were they? Were they her family? Were they her comrades in arms? Was the man that kept haunting her memory her lover, brother or just simply a friend? Why did his face haunt her? He never spoke in her dream he was just always there with her, always fighting, his tousled auburn blond hair and piercing green eyes. Troubled by her thoughts Jesha headed down to the lower levels of the xmansion into the danger room. Sitting in the control room above she began a person profile. She began inputing all she remembered and an hour later she had a perfect profile of the man in her dreams. She finished that and then did the Scottish women. Just as she finished Ro walked into the room. She plopped down in the chair next to her and looked at the image before her.
“He’s cute who’s he?”
Jesha shrugged.
“I don’t know. He’s been in my dreams a lot lately. This is the second person who’s been there a lot lately.”
She pulled up the second image. Ro looked closely.
“that’s Dr Moiya Mactaggert. Why would she be in your dreams?”
“apparently I know her.”
Ro sighed.
“Jesha she’s been dead for years.”
Jesha sighed.
“Well I am at a loss Ro.”
Ro ran her hands through her hair thoughtfully.
“We need to check out that belt that you had on you more closely. It might have some clues as to who you are. Later if you have time lets write a program to do a simulation of your dream and see if I recognize anyone else.”
Jesha nodded numbly and the two headed down to the entrance to the danger room.
Logan walked into the danger room to see all of the xmen assembled. He began a warm uproutine and a psarring match. He matched Jesha and Ororo and watched them both. Jesha was good for Ro. As he watched them spar Logan’s heart slowly began to pick up in pace. He watched as every contour and curve of Ro’s body was revealed and it hit him hard in the chest how beautiful she was. Sure he had noticed before but in that moment he realized she had changed a great deal since Jean’s death. She was more tired than he ever remembered, her face had a few more wrinkles. He thought back to the night several months ago, when he had caught her tears falling down her face. The leader of the Xmen weak and crying. It hit him like a train how close they had become since that night. There had been nights when they had cried together, laughed together, gone racing(motorcycles) together. He realized how much he had cherished those times. His thoughts were interrupted by Rogue.
“LOOGANN!”
He started nad turned to her. Her eyes followed his and she chuckled.
“Watcha need kid?”
“Can you come show me this move again?”
Logan regretfully pealed his eyes away from Ro and walked over to help Rogue.
After two hours of training Logan clapped Jesha on the shoulder.
“Good work kid.”
Jesha nodded.
“Thanks Logan.”
Before everyone ran off to the shower room Logan caught up with Ro.
“hey Ro wait.”
Ro turned to him.
“Yeah?”
“Are we still on for racing tonight?”
Ro laughed a deep rich laughter.
“Of course wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
Logan’s grin widened.
“Good.”
He turned and walked away just as Jesha wwalked up.
“What was that all about.”
“Oh just matter between Mr Logan and I don’t worry about it.”
Jesha smiled and went to her room to shower, she had an hour until her first class.
She quietly stepped into her room and grabbed the console on her nightstand. She pushed a few buttons and a lifesize form of the man in her dreams appeared. She set it down on the bed and walked to her bathroom. As she stepped in her breath caught in her throat as memory’ s flooded back.
************************************************************
He was sitting across the table from her his eyes dancing. He spoke to her soflty in gaelic and she smiled his words sweet and beautiful.
“jesh iy love ya lass.”
tears filled her eyes and he rushed on to finish his statement.
“ Jesh I know that for so long we’ve struggled and fought in this war, and Iy know that we agreed lass that this was nothing more than ay friendship. But baby iy’ve fallen in love wit ya. Fallen in love wit the way yur eyes dance when you ride the wind. iy‘ve come to love laughing wit ya when yur watching yur favorite movie. iy’ve come to love watching ye dance in the rain as it falls from the sky. Heck Iy’ve even come to love that fire that sparks from yur eyes when we fight together. I can’t help it.”
His thick irish brogue and his quiet love that emitted from his eyes caused more tears to fall from her eyes. He reached across the table tenderly, his hands cuping her face and wiped away her tears. He got up from his chair and walked over to crouch beside her. He pulled the smalle black box out of his pocket and looked deep into her eyes.
“Jeshia, will ya marry me lass?”
Jesha wasn’t sure what to do until her eyes met his green ones.
“Ay laddie, Ay’ll marry ya.”
He whooped and swept her into his arms kissing her gently. She returned it with all her heart and he looked at all the other people in the pub.
“The lass agree ta marry me.”
The whole pub whooped and beers were passed out.
***********************************************************
When Jesha came back to reality she was leaning against the door jam, a pain deep in her chest. She had been engaged or married to an irish man with curly unruly auburn blond hair and emerald green eyes. She smiled at the thought and shook off the memory. She then took a shower and prepared for her class. When she got to classs she was met by the eyes of her older students.
“Prepare for sparring sessions.”
She assigned each of the students a sparring partner and watched them as they began sparring. She checked on each pair correcting akick here and there, and reviewing many of the different punches. Class ended and Rogue approached her.
“Ms Jesha, would ya mind helping me with ma sparring later?”
Jesha smiled.
“Not at all meet me on the grounds at four o clock and we’ll work on it.”
“Thank you.”
Jesha nodded and Ororo walked in.
“Jesha the mission got moved up, we need to go to the office for briefing.”
Jesha nodded and closed down the danger room. The two walked out the door and upstairs. When they reached the office Hank began explaining.
“There is a mutant that we believe to be held by the government. We need to do a rescue operation. Jesha you Storm and Logan will be going. There is no question that this mutant is more dangerous than your used to. He’s what we call a time traveler. He can transport through time in nothing flat. His other powers are unknown. So be careful. He’s being held in Canada.”
Jesha nodded and the three suited up. Logan started the black bird as Jesha and Storm strapped in. The jet took off and the three headed to the destination that hank had pointed them towards. It was alonger flight and Jesha curled up to take a nap. She was awakened by the plane shaking up and down. Ro’s hands flew over the controls.
“Whats going on Logan?”
“I dunno Darlin. You tell me your flying the freaking plane.”
The sky outside was a beautiful clear day, not a cloud in the sky. Jesha’s stomach lurched as the plane began a downward fall.





You must login () to review.