Chapter 5
As the plane plummeted to the ground Ro and Logan began pulling up on the controls trying to stop the planes fall. Jesha sitting in the back unstrapped herself and looked at Ro.
“Call in a storm, use the winds to slow the plane down. I will see what I can do to break our fall.”
Ro nodded and her eyes whited over as she summoned a strong wind to help stop their fall. Jesha began rearranging matter in the air and formed a force field. Forcefully controlling it she used it to buffet between the plane and the Earth. The plane hit hard, scattering the three of them around the cockpit. Jesha groaned, she had landed on her back against the arm of the seat. She got up slowly and gingerly her back cracking nad popping with the effort. She grumbled. She reached up and gingerly touched the cut across her face, her healing factor kicked in and it healed. She stepped towards Logan. He grunted and easily lifted himself off the floor. Ro was another story. She let out a quick hiss between her teeth as she lifted herself up off the controls. She had a cut on her arm that was bleeding and a cut on her forehead. During the crash her head had rammed pretty hard into the controls. Jesha walked to the back of the plane and pulled out the first aid kit. She easily bandaged the Ro’s arm and cleaned the cut across her forehead. Logan was watching her in concern. He walked to the back and manually overrode the door controls. The hatch popped open and Logan looked out to see a desert. They were in the ruins of an abandoned city, its buildings old and falling apart. They seemed to have lost their outer walls, the only thing left standing I was part of their structure. There was no one in sight.
“Where the hell are we?”
Jesha and Ro joined him a moment later their eyes wide at the sight. Jesha’s voice cut through the silence, it was filled with fear and there was a softness to it.
“We are in Oregon."
Logan’s eyes narrowed.
“What do you mean?”
jesha shrugged her eyes still intent on the landscape before them.
“I think we are in a different time.”
Logan and Ororo both looked acutely at theyoung women before them.
“Jesha how do you know that?”
Jesha’s eyes flashed.
“Because I remember.”
Logan growled. She was insane.
“I think your insane.”
Jesha smiled.
“If only I was Logan, if only I was.”
Ro disturbed by the whole idea walked over to the controls and hit the transmit button.
“beast come in.”
Static was her only answer. Ro frustrated knew she was going to have to trust Jesha.
“Where to Jesha?”
Jesha sighed.
“I don’t know.”
They stepped outside the plane and the three walked together, the ground was an odd combination of a very fine powder dust and silt. With each step that they took the dust would kick up and settle around them. Logan’s acute sense of hearing picked up the sound of electric parts. He listened a moment more and swore under his breath. He knew that sound, he knew it all to well. It was the sound of a sentinel.
“Move, we need to make it to those buildings before they reach us.”
Ro looked at Logan his eyes intense.
“What are you talking about?”
Logan growled out the name.
“Sentinals. Now move.”
Ro and jesha looked at one another and swept up a large wind together, it carried the three of them quickly. They watched as seven sentinals emerged from the underbrush and spotted them. Their mechanical voices matched the ruined landscape.
“Mutant alert. Orders kill and destroy all mutants.”
The large robot that spoke fired its laser a them. Jesha blocked the blow with a force field. When they reached the buildings, Jesha led the way into one of them and they hid waiting for the sentinals to find them. This began a game of cat and mouse. Jesha listened as the sentinals hit the building area, they started scouring the buildings. Ro was the first to speak.
“We gotta do something. I can fry them, jesha can you help me?”
Jesha nodded but held her back.
“I have a better idea. Lets use gorilla warfare, these buildings are pretty close together. Here.”
Out of her boot she pulled one of the knives. It was a double blade and it came apart at the handle.
“Do you know how to throw this?”
Storm nodded.
“Nice blade well balanced. What is it?”
“Ademantium, same stuff Logan’s bones are reinforced with. It’s the strongest metal known, it will pierce their armor. Aim, with one knife in the middle of the chest, their sensor board is there. It controls all the functions of them tracking you. Aim there, then after that’s knocked out you can fly onto its shoulder. There you can basically unplug its brain.”
Ro looked at her like she was nuts.
“How?”
“Circuit board, use the second knife.”
Logan grinned.
“Lets go.”
The three of them split up and began fighting the sentinals. Jesha distracted three of them and they followed her to a small clearing. She jumped from one building to another, so they couldn’t get a lock. She landed on the shoulder of one, the other two sentinals aimed and fired. Jesha jumped as the beams hit the third one, it fell to the ground. She pulled out her knife, broke it in two and sent one spinning toward the sensor system of the second, it hit its mark perfectly. She jumped landed in the building and waited for it to pass her. Jesha waited a moment before they were both gone and past her when she bolted out. She took off at a dead run jumped landed o nthe second ones shoulder and sliced the wires leading to its brain. It fell as she slid down its arm grabbing her knife out of its chest. The third one was behind her without her realization and she gasped as its large hand came in contact with her rib cage. She flew a good thirty feet and hit the metal structure of the building. When she landed she felt a large piece of metal go through her leg.
“FUCK!”
The sentinel came stalking towards her, somehow she managed to get up and threw her knife , it missed and clattered to the ground with a clink.
“DAmm.”
Jesha stepped behind a pillar and waited. Each breath she took hurt like hell. She reached out and grabbed the metal object and withdrew it slowly from her leg. She was almost screaming in agony. As soon as it was out her skin began to heal around the wound and she turned to face the sentinel. It spotted her and fired its laser, jesha rearranged the air molecules and blocked it. As she dropped her shield she dove over to the side the laser hitting the bottom of the building structure. The building fell fast and smashed the sentinel underneath its massive weight. Jesha got up from the ground and grabbed her knife, putting the two pieces back together.
She was about to put it back in her boot when she heard a voice behind her.
“Thares only one lassie I know that can take down a machine like that.”
The thick irish brogue reminded jesha of the man in her dreams. She turned to see him standing in the darkness his features indistinguishable
“yeah and who is that?”
“The lassie’s name is Jesha, her code name Dream. She disappeared some months ago. Ya wodn’t happen to know her would ya lassie?”
he stepped into the light his green eyes dancing Jesha’s breath caught in her throat it was him. The two stood there looking at each other for a moment when she broke the silence.
“I have friend we must help them.”
“Ay that we do, those were the least of yur worries.”
Jesha summoned a strong wind and the man let out a yelp as she lifted him into the sky.
“Ya know I hate that lass. I can fly on me own.”
Jesha just laughed and the two of them flew into the sky.
At that moment Storm was facing a very sticky predicament, while she had taken down one of the sentinals, the second was giving her quite the time of it. She summoned a storm as the electricity came between her fingers. As soon as she rounded the corner the sentinel faced her its angry orange eyes starting at her. With one bolt of lightning she fried it, its orange eyes going dead. A moment later Logan joined her.
“Where’s Jesha?”
“I dunno we’d better find her.”
“I’m here.”
Storm and Wolverine turned to face her. She was with a strange man. Wolverine growled at the man demanding a name.
“Me name is Banshee. Also known as Sean Cassidy. And ye are?”
“Logan also known as Wolverine. This is Ororo, also known as Storm.”
Banshee smiled a classic irish smiled coming across his handosome face. When he stepped into the light Ororo’s breath came in quickly. It was the man that Jesha had created with the imaging system. When Logan introduced her he took her hand and kissed it lightly.
“It’s a pleasure to meet ye lassie.”
Wolverine felt a growl in his throat as he watched Sean kiss Ororo’s hand. He was surprised when he also felt a pang of jealousy. After kissing Ororo’s hand Sean turned to shake Wolverine’s hand.
“Its nice ta meet ya.”
Wolverine accepted and found Mr. Cassidy to have a strong hand shake. Logan caught his eyes and glared hard at him, warning him. Sean returned it matching the intensity of his gaze. When they broke their stare Sean looked at Jesha. Something had changed with her he was concerned.
“come iy’ll lead you to safety. Tis dangerous to stand here in the open.”
He led the three into a nearby building then down a stairwell. He punched in a combination and a ten inch plate of solid adamantium slipped aside. The four descended into the depth of the ground, lead only by the lights in the tunnel. It seemed like they walked for hours. As they walked memories came back in swarms. Memories of the people here, memories of a father chasing her down the tunnel. She could never see the faces of the people, just hear their voices and their laughter. Something within her ached. Sean seemed to notice and gave her a concerned look. He noticed her blue eyes had turned slightly gray with the sadness he found deep in her eyes. When they reached their destination Sean punched in another code and again a large adamantium plate slid aside. It revealed a world without dust, without ruined buildings. They found themselves stepping into a beautiful forest. Ro gasped at the sight.
“how did this surivive?”
Sean laughed.
“We put up a forefield that protects us, the city itself is underground. But this part is not and we spend a bit of time here. This is where our training courts are, where the beauty lies, this is home. Come with me.”
As they walked they passed several large training courts in which there were many students training, there was also a school, they saw many students practicing their powers which ranged from phasing to healing. Ro laughed.
“Its beautiful here Mr Cassidy.”
Sean laughed.
“sean please. And I am glad you like it Miss Munroe. We are fortunate the sentinals and humans have not found us yet.” They wlaked into a hospital looking building and Sean led them to a certain door. He opened it, a women with red hair and deep brown eyes turned and swore.
“sean if ya interrupt me one more time.”
Sean laughed and easily blocked the punch, revealing Jesha, Ro and Logan. Dr Mactaggert stopped her lecture and quiclkly embraced Ro.
“Ororo Munroe how ye’ve grown child.”
She then turned and hugged Jesha.
“And you child ya gave me quite a scare.”
Dr MActaggert studied her.
“Yea don’t know who I am do ya?”
Jesha shrugged sheepishly.
“I’m sorry Dr mactaggert, I don’t know.”
Dr Mactaggert studied her eyes quietly and then reached out and hugged her tighter.
“It’ll come back in time Lassie. It’ll come back in time. O child I’ve missed you.”
Dr macctaggert then tuned to Logan.
“Who is this handsome hunk of a man?”
Ro bit back a laugh, Jesha covered her mouth and pretended to look shocked while Logan turned bright red.
“I’, ughhh….. I’m Logan.”
Sean’s eyes were as wide as saucers as logan glared at him.
“You laugh bub your gonna be picking yourself up off the floor.”
Sean hid his grin. Moira smiled.
“Sean show them all to ma house, let Jesha have her old room back.”
“ay me lady.”
“I’ll get dinner and meet you all there.”
Sean led the way out of the winding building and to two motorcycles. Jesha grinned, one of them was her bike. Sean climbed on and she climbed on behind him. Logan got on the second bike and ro stepped on behind him.
“Stay close Logan.”
Logan growled.
“watch me bub.”
Sean smiled revved the engine and took off. As they drove Sean revealed in the feeling of his fiancée close, she had forgotten all of them and that concerned him, has she forgotten their love and their engagement? What about her Cajun family? He pushed the thoughts out of his mind and drove up the narrow pathway. When they reached the top there was a large mansion. It had a Scottish castle look to it and it took Jesha’s breath away. It was beautiful. Sean pulled up in the courtyard and je and stopped powering down the bike. Jesha stepped off with Sean’s help. He held her hand a moment longer and smiled, his roguishly handsome smile making her weak at the knees. Logan pulled up behind him and helped Ro off the bike. Then got off himself.





You must login () to review.