Chapter 6
The three x-men and Banshee stepped into the large castle. They were greeted by multiple man.
“Good day.”
They all nodded in response.
“Jamie show Logan and Ororo to their rooms, I will show Jesha.”
Jamie smiled and then walked over to his long time friend.
“Ey little one.”
Jesha glanced at him sideways.
“Who are you?”
Jamie’s eyes registered hurt and she quickly explained. Jamies smile quickly came back as he replied.
“We’ll have to work on that memory loss of yours. It will come back in time.”
He turned to Logan and Ororo.
“Please follow me.”
Ororo caught Jesha’s arm.
“You going to be ok?”
“Yea I’ll be fine Ro.”
Ro nodded and released her hading after Logan and Jamie. Jesha turned back to Sean.
“Come on lassie, iy’ll show ya to yur room.”
Jesha followed him. As they walked the darkness of the castle was illuminated only by the torch that Sean carried. It was beautiful, with its towering rock walls and beautiful landscape.
“Sean are we underground?”
He laughed a deep rich laughter, his eyes dancing.
“Ay lassie, there was a massive earthquake a few years back and the castle and the lake fell below the ground, we created artificial light and Moira as you will remember and discover, loves everything in the Scottish fashion. So the lassie found a way to create an environment where we can harvest and plant crops and it all looks like the bloody highlands.”
Jesha laughed.
“Ay but ye love the bloody highlands.”
He smiled at her encouraged she was remembering. When they reached the west wing of the castle Sean stopped and pushed open a door. Jesha stepped past his arm and saw a beautiful room. There were only windows across from the door, that led out to a beautiful balcony which overlooked a deep lake. It was beautiful. The room itself had a large bed with curtains around it, there was a large mahogany dresser, a large chest, and two nightstands with lanterns on each. Next to the dresser there was the doorway to the bathroom. It had a large bathtub a shower, and two sinks. Sean watched her explore, fingering small things here and there on the dresser and nightstand. She stopped when she fingered the necklace he had given her, his breath catching in his throat. Jesha’s eyes misted with tears as she remembered. She set it down and turned her face away so he wouldn’t see her tears. Sean’s eyes flashed with hurt, she had never hidden her pain. He took a deep breath and ran his hands exasperatingly through his hair. When she walked into the bathroom she saw a simple silver band on the counter and remembered her hands searching for it when she had left for her mission, promising herself that the moment she got back she would retrieve it. Sean leaning against the door jam watched her finger it fondly and then put it on her finger. He sighed.
“Ay wouldn’t put it back on unless that’s what ye really want lassie. Iy’ll take ya seriously on that.”
Jesha turned and saw the deep hurt she had caused him and walked over slipping her hand in his.
“Sean I’m sorry I cannot remember.”
He reached out and brushed his fingers along her face his green eyes piercing.
“I’ll hold to yur word lass, but if you remember and decide its not what you want I’ll understand.”
His voice was husky and full of pain, at his touch Jesha’s skin was inflamed and an overwhelming feeling of love and regret filled her. She nestled her cheek in his strong hand.
“I dunno laddie what has happened to me or why I disappeared but I do know that at one time I loved you, and those emotions aren’t gone. Just give me time.”
Sean smiled one of her hands was soflty in his holding it gently and the other dropped at her side. Tears began to fill his eyes.
“I love ye lassie, you hold the key to ma heart. I’ll wait a lifetime for ye.”
She allowed him to pull her into a hug his chin resting on the crown of her head, just holding her close inhaling her scent. They stood there just holding one another for several minutes. When they broke apart Sean gently caressed her face.
“I’ve missed ya lassie.”
She grinned flirtatiously. He smiled at she broke away from him, the two walked down the stairs to dinner at Jamie’s insistent yelling. When they reached the dining room Jesha was glad to see Moira and the two xmen at the table. A few others joined them that they enjoyed seeing. These included Quicksilver and his family, Dazzler, Anarchist, Feral, December and Clarion. The evening passed with laughter, stories, good food, beer and a bit of Irish whiskey. When the whiskey came out Moira in her Scottish way insisted that ororo and Logan have some. Logan noticed Ororo’s hesitation and smiled, remembering the last time she had alcohol. It made him laugh. Ro cast him a death glare.
“What?”
Logan grin slowly got bigger.
“Nothing.”
He turned back to Quicksilver who was beside him. She watched him quietly. He ran his hands through his unruly black hair, is almost animalistic smile touched with a certain tenderness, turned into a roaring laughter that emitted from his diaphragm. He took a slight strand of hair behind his sideburn and began to gently play with it. Ro resisted reaching out and grabbing his hand. His unruly bangs flopped in his face and she pushed them aside. Goddess he was attractive, always had been she chuckeld to herself, he was the bad boy every girl wanted to tame.Since Xaviers passing Logan had stepped into the fatherly role for the mansion, his love for the kids and his commitment to the team, to her, hit her like a freight train. The other nights display of tenderness had shocked Ororo Munroe to the core. Who was this man? He was deeper than his grey eyes ever could tell her. He had a streak of protection love and tenderness in him that she was O godess.. attracted to. She was attracted to him, had been for along time. Something within her snapped and her better judgmenent went down the drain. He was her teammate her friend, her brother practically how could she think like this?? Moira came over and handed her an irish car bomb which was promptly lit on fire and dropped in the beer. She groaned. Logan turned to face her again. His hand reaching out to stop her.
“No Logan I want it.”
His eyebrows shot up in surprise.
“Ro now look you’ll be drunk in nothing flat.”
Her eyes flashed seductively.
“MM that I will.”
She picked up the beer and faster than Logan could have guessed she chugged it. He watched her finish it, grabbed his own and chugged it. Toward the end of the night a good portion of the crew a tad drunk, Sean grabbed Jesha’s hand and led her out of the hall. Jesha thankful followed him out. Not a word was said until they stepped outside in the warm night. Jesha turned to him her hand interwoven with his.
“Don’t you ever miss seeing the stars?”
He laughed.
“ay lassie, but ya know Moira, The lasshas got a provision for everything.”
He flipped a switch on the side wall and a canopy of stars appeared above on the cave roof. A moon casting its beams into the darkness, providing a bit of light.
Sean smiled as she gasped in awe. It was beautiful.
“Which side of the stars would ya like to see lassie?”
Jesha smiled.
“Forever the charmer you are.”
He grinned.
“And?”
She laughed as he pulled her into a hug.
“O no and its just I remember a time when you got yourself in a bit of trouble with the ladies because of it.”
“Tsall in me past lassie.”
His eyes turned serious as he gazed at her.
“Jesha iy meant what Iy said, I love you and you’re the only women for me. If ya ask me I’ll go with you back to that time, just don’t leave me alone lassie, Me heart couldn’t handle it.”
Jesha smiled, reaching up and caressing the contours of his face. Her fingers making her way down his chiseled jaw line.
Meanwhile back at the mansion Ro was on her second drink and Logan watched her chug it. Lord fear her in the morning she was going to be grouchy. Against his better judgment he let her drink a third and a fourth. She leaned over to him her voice thick with alcohol.
“Damm yur healing factor. I wasss trying to get ya drunk.”
Logan raised an eyebrow at her obvious intent and grabbed her by the wrist.
“Come on I’m putting you to bed.”
“But I don’t wannna go ta bed.”
Logan grunted.
“Yeah well We’re going there.”
Ro replied hervoice two octaves higher than usual replied.
“Ouk Logan. Mr sexy hot pants.”
Logan was surprised at her title for him and glanced at her. She was three sheets to the wind. She threw the shot glass over her shoulder and allowed him to guide her out. Logan did and as they walked he watched his leader and friend lose complete control.
“Logan why have you never slept with me? Am I not attractive enough for you?”
Logan was surprised at the question. Of course she would ask that. He bit back a reply, he had thought about it a hundred times, orchestrated out how it would happen. He groaned inwardly. Might as well go for it she wouldn’t remember in the morning anyway
“It wasn’t that you weren’t attractive enough. Ro you’re the most beautiful women at the mansion. I’ve come to care for you so much in the past four years. Its hard to see you shoulder the world and hurt and cry in the silence of your own room. I just never thought you were interested.”
They had reached her door. She stepped in. Before closing it she looked at him with a drunken glazed look.
“Thank you for your honesty Logan you were right I never was interested.”
He nodded as she closed the door. When the door slammed closed he leaned his head against the door and whispered.
“Truth is Ro I never got to close because I could get lost in you.”





You must login () to review.