Chapter 7
Logan walked away from ro’s room that night deep in thought. Did he love her or was it just a fleeting were in another time and shes attractive thing? Had he fallen for his best friend? He was lost in his thought and didn’t notice Sean walk up.
“Hey Logan.”
“Hey Sean.”
“Whats going on?”
Logan growled.
“Watcha mean bub?”
“Oy laddie calm down Iy was just asking.”
Logan sighed.
“Sean have you ever hadone of those moments when you thought you loved someone and never could tell em. Because they were yer teammate and friend?”
Sean raised an eyebrow.
“Ay. Iy had that with Jesha.”
“What made you act?”
“iy realized that she was what iy wanted more than anything in the world. When iy thought about her being in my life apart of it I could think of nothing else iy wanted more. A piece of me would go missing unless she was there. To laugh with me. That was the day iy almost lost her. Then Iy pursued her and now shes mine Logan.”
Logan sighed.
“it’s a hard step bub.”
“ay it is. But if ye love ro Logan you’ll pursue and woe her heart.”
Logan smiled.
“I might at that Bub.”
Ro woke up early the next morning her head pouding, and her heart aching. She remembered rather vaguely having three or four irish care bombs and groaned. She stepped into the shower hoping the warm water would wash away the pounding in her head. After she finished she headed down into the expanse hall. Jesha met her halfway and smiled.
“How ya feeling?”
“I have the worse headache and I don’t remember anything that happened.”
Jesha smiled.
“You were pretty drunk Ro.”
“that I was, just don’t raise your voice.”
The younger women chuckled and the two walked together to the dining hall. When they reached it Sean’s face lifted in a smile.d He came up and hugged Jesha. She smiled and enjoyed his affection When she brokeout of the hug she laced her arm around his waist and they walked to the table together quickly getting caught up in conversation. After a few moments he looked at Logan and Ororo.
“Your jet was taken yesterday by the sentinals chances of getting it back without loss are pretty slim.”
Logan growled.
“First off bub, why don’t you explain how the hell we got here in the first place.”
Sean sighed and raked his hands through is hair.
“I will do my best. What was a year in our time, a few months in yours, Jesha left . She was attacked by a group of sentinals and pushed her TDC. It transported her to your time. When she left it created a rift in time, causing a time bubble. All I can assume is when you sensed a mutant being held in a compound in upper Canada all I can assume is the fact that your reality somehow crossed with ours. And well there are many mutants being held in the compounds here. Your in our time, but your reality is now part of ours. This can be dangerous in the sense that the sentinals if they discover it can go back and change time. It’s a dangerous game.”
Logan quirked an eyebrow.
“So what does that mean?”
Sean sighed and rubbed his hands again through is hair.
“The only thing that will change it is we must fight the sentinals and guard that border between your time and ours.”
Jesha spoke up.
“Can’t we just close the bubble by sending Logan and ororo back?”
Sean smiled at her lovingly.
“No the damage has been done. Once a bubble is opened it cannot be closed until a certain order of events happens. No one really knows what they are, it has to do with divine power, its not something we control. We just know it to be true. Once a bubble is opened it becomes a threat. It cannot be simply closed by setting back into place the events that caused its existence.”
Ororo glanced at him.
“So you all have the ability to move through time?”
Jesha smiled.
“Yes in fact. We protect you.”
“HUH?”
Moira came in at this point.
“What she means is that we basically make sure the sentinals don’t transport through time and change it. That’s where we got most of our time equipment. Jesha’s a shrewd thief, just like her mother. They haven’t been able to penetrate our barriers, or even find a way in. so we are safe for now. The only way to solve the problem is to eliminate the problem and destroy them. Jesha had just gotten back from about two years previously to stop the phoenix from killing Xavier, but it was unsuccessful, she was shot by a mutant radicalism. Then she faced the phoenix before the wound was healed. She was severely damaged as well as her TDC was damaged, so she stumbled into your time. What was merely a few months for you was an entire two years for us. The time bubble causes our time to escalate faster than yours.”
“So you protect us from the threat of the sentinals and we didn’t even know you existed. Who are you people?”
Logan confused looked at them.
“So how do we eliminate them terminally?”
Sean smiled at Logan.
“We fight Logan, we find their weak points and we fight. We fight to protect both our time and yours.”
“Well then we’ll stay and fight.”
Moira spoke up.
“Theres one more thing all three of you need to know.”
Ororo raised an eyebrow
“And that would be.”
“Jesh you want to tell them?”
“Tell them what Moira?”
“ You don’t remember child do you.”
“NO I’m afraid not.
“Jesha, Logan and Ororo are your parents.”
The room fell dead quiet. Logan looked at Ororo, Ororo looked at Logan and Jesha stared at the both of them. After three minutes of dead silence Logan threw up his hands.
“Ok your off your rocker its official. How in the hell can she be our daughter. We’ve never even been together.”
Ororo sat back this whole time her eyes confused. She looked closely at Jesha and saw her own piercing blue yes looking back at her, she saw the rigid jawline, and Logans unruly black hair.
“Goddess.”
With that one word she got up and walked away, she made her way back to her room her heart pouding in her chest. Sure she’d thought about sleeping with Logan, but this was just to much. They had a daughter? Was it a one night stand or a lifetime of commitment? Had she been there to raise her daughter or had it been another cruel touch of time. She and Jesha had become good friends over the past few months, but her daughter? It was almost to much. Ororo walked out on the balcony of her room that overlooked a large city and groaned, she needed to hurt something.
Meanwhile back on the dining hall, Jesha’s hands were shaking under the table. Logan ran a frustrated hand through his unruly hair. He cursed and abruptly stood up from his chair. He began pacing in front of the fireplace. It was just to much for Jesha She turned and walked from the room slamming the large oak doors behind her. Sean looking after her in concern. Moira groaned.
“Well that went well. I’m going to the lab.”
The three women gone for the room Sean looked at Logan.
“Well it looks like its down to just you and me.”
“I need a strong drink. Care to join me?”
Sean laughed.
“Come on I know just the place. “
Jesha went back to her room grabbed her double katanas and restocked her aromory and headed to the garage. When she reached it she threw one leg over the bike and revved it. It took off down the hill into the city, she would take the north exit to the surface. When she reached the ruined city she stopped clicked on the gps in her helmet. She located the nearest sentinel city and headed that way. She rode across the forested land keeping and eye out for sentinals. When she reached the outskirts of the city she pushed the cloaking and muffling device on her bike making her noiseless and invisible. She rode to the sentinel compound and stepped off her bike its invisibility shield still in place. She walked quickly through the compound using her powers to reform the camera’s vision. She used her powers to take out three of the sentinel guards. She made her way quietly through the lab compound searching for the door to the prison below. When she found it she pulled out two ninja stars and took out the human guards. She walked down into the prison area and looked for the mutant she had come for. He was a older man with a bald head. The scans Hank had given them of this mans power matched perfectly. She blasted a few more guards and grabbed the keys off the guards belt. She unlocked the door andlooked at the older man, he was in a wheel chair. She looked at him carefully.
“How fast can that thing go?”
He grinned at her a fatherly grin.
“Fast enough.”
“Lets go then.”
“and the others?”
“We’ll get them out don’t worry.”
She stepped out in the hallway.
“I’m looking for a mutant named Shermaine is she here?”
One of Jesha’s closest friends stepped forth.
“Jesh your alive, get me outta here.”
Jesha grinned.
“How you got here in the first place will be a story.”
Jesha unlocked the door and caught her friend in a close hug.
“I missed you Jesh.”
“And I you Maine. Get the others out. Head for the south entrance. I will keep them busy for now.”
“And him?”
“Got my bike out back. Be careful Maine.”
“I will girl I will.”
Jesha threw her and a few other good friends a couple of guns.
“Use these to get away if your deteted.”
“Joe I need you to block the sensors as much as possible.”
The red haired man smiled.
“NO prob. I miss doing jail breaks with ya.”
Jesha laughed and then looked at the older man.
“Ready?”
“Lets go.”
Jesha quickly led the way out. When they reached her bike she saw several young human teenagers hanging out in the general vicinity, she could use them. She stpped out motioning the older man to stay put. The teenagers looked up at her approach.
“Hey kids wanna earn a few bucks?”
They all smiled.
‘What do you need done?”
“Oh just a distraction. Authorities are after my dad, jail break.”
A young man with a mohawk seeming to be the leader stepped forward.
“Love to.”
Jesha outlined a plan, the tennagers grinned and grabbed the paint bombs she gave them as well as some money.
“Thank Muty.”
Jesha nodded.
“Anytime kid.”
The older man came around the corner, Jesha lifted him gently with her powers and put him on the back of her bike. She turned on the engine and put the invisibility shield on. They made it halfway through town before a group of six sentinals spotted them. The man behind her with concern in his voice spoke.
“You were just spotted by six sentinals.”
Jesha smiled.
“I know I was trying to be.”
The six machines stomped down the street after them, Jesha weaving inbetween buildings and people. All of a sudden two of the sentinals began to attack each other.
“Those two are run by humans I can handle that.”
She smiled at the mans response to them. She radioed headquarters on a secure channel, through her helmet.
“You got a wave coming in.”
“Roger that ghostrider.”
As they finished making their way out of town the group of teenagers stepped in and began throwing the paint bombs. The machines confused went after the teenagers who quickly darted to hide, two of the four chased them. Jesha gunned the bike through the forest until they got to the abandoned city. When they reached it she parked the bike and waited for the sentinals. After about an hour the sentinals seemed to give up and left the abandoned city. Jesha turned the bike on after she made sure they were gone and headed to the west entrance to the city. She punched in the pass code and put the bike through, they went through extensive security measures and after being released Jesha took the motorcycle to the hospital. Moira was there and glared at her.
“Just what did you think you were doing child?”
“I was freeing the prisoners that what I came here to do.”
She looked a the man on the back of the bike and took a sharp intake of breath followed.
“Charles.”
Charles Xavier had never been more surprised in his life to see Moira Mactaggert. He smiled weakly, Jesha lifted him off her bike with her powers and set him down on a hospital bed.
“This is the mutant we were after.”
“He is the mutant you were trying to save from the Phoenix four years ago in the human time, what happened?”
Jesha shrugged.
“I dunno. Where’s Maine?”
Moira smiled.
“In the foyer helping me.”
Jesha walked out of the room and found Maine helping an injured young man.
“Trouble?”
“Yeah they caught us on the outskirts, One of the mutants had a locator In thier blood. Don’t worry we did a check on everyone again before we brought them here.”
“How many did we get out?”
“Out of the seventy that were there. Twenty.”
“Damm.”
“Jesh, why did you risk your life for us?”
“The man I got out, Hes important the sentinals wanted him. It was a weakness I exploited. Besides I missed your teasing.”
Maine laughed and finished stitching the boys wound. Sean came in at that moment. He grabbed Jesha gruffly by the arm.
“We need to talk now.”
She followed him as he half dragged her out of the room. As soon as they were out of sight of anyone he turned on her.
“Jesha what the hell were ya thinking. Ya could’ve been killed Lassie. Whay couldn’t ya wait for me?”
Jesha smiled and watched him visibly still with her smile.
“Ay get like that sometimes. Ya know that.”
Sean’s features softened.
“Iy do but lassie I can’t lose ya again and that was amighty stupid thing to do. What if ye’d been caught?”
“Then I would have found a way out.”
Seans shoulders dropped. Jesha stepped towards him and he enfolded her in his arms. Jesha reached up as his eyes met hers and her hand met his cheek.
“I’m right here love. I’m not leaving.”
The pain in Sean’s eyes betrayed him and his eyes searched her.
“Are ye ok lass? You had quite a shock earlier.”
Jesha nodded.
“I think I’ll be fine.”
He lifted her chin with two fingers and gazed lovingly into her eyes.
“I love ye lass.”
Jesha smiled and reached up twining her arms around his neck. Before he could protest she kissed him her lips gently grazing his. Sean was surprised for a second and then pulled her closer relishing in her affection, he deepened their kiss. When air became necessary they broke apart. He stroked her cheek.
“There’s my lassie.”
Jesha grinned and kissed him soflty again. He hugged her holding her tight for a moment he had missed her so much. For Jesha memories flooded back, memories of him, she loved him, he took her hand and led her back to the hospital. Moira smiled when they walked back in.
“Jesha I need some help.”
Several hours later all of the patients treated Jesha walked into the phyisicians lounge and saw Sean sleeping in the chair. Jesha grinned he looked very cute. She walked gently over to him and tickled the tip of his ear with her hair. He groaned and swatted at his ear. Jesha suppressed a giggle and did it again. This time he surprised her and grabbed her around the waist, she yelped as she tumbled into his lap. His lips stopped her from saying anything passionately kissing her. He broke away a moment later leaving her breathless.
“That was an unorthodox move.”
He smiled.
“dinner ten minutes You and me?”
Jesha smiled and squeezed his hand.
“I need to go find Ororo. She hasn’t been back to the house all day. Logan called me a bit ago.”
He nodded.
“Want ma to come?”
“No I think I need to handle this one on my own.”
He smiled understandingly.
“OK well be careful.”
She nodded kissed him one more time and got up. Sean watched her go and grinned. She noticed his scrutiny and just before the door closed she flipped her hips just for him. Sean chuckled. She was going to be his wife soon. Jesha walked out and straddled her bike once more. She drove throughout the town looking in several of the pubs. IN John ODaily’s Jesha found her playing pool with several gruff looking men. When they saw her wlak through the door one of the whooped and ran over catching her in a hug. Jesha laughed at her friends antics.
“Ay John.”
“ lassie your back, I missed ya. Sean been treating ya right?”
Jesha laughed.
“Ay John. Whos the new lady?”
“Dunno she just came in and started wiping them all clean.”
Jesha chuckled.
“Gimme a beer, and one for the lady.”
John chuckled.
“ be careful shes a good one.”
Jesha nodded.
“I will.”
Jesha reached over to the rack grabbed a stick and walked over to the table.
“I’m taking over your game James.”
“Go for it. I’m losing anyways.”
“clear out.”
“But Jesh.”
“NO buts. Just do it.”
James growled but was silenced quickly by a look form Jesha. John brought in the two beers.
“your break.”
Jesha leaned over the table and made her shot, it was clean and smooth, the one ball going into the pocket.
“Wanna talk about it.”
Ro snorted as she shot.
“Aren’t I supposed to be asking you that question?”
Jesha took a long drink of her beer.
“I’m allright.”
Ro grimaced again.
“Well then I’m fine considering I have a daughter from a man who I’ve never slept with. Thought about it a few times, but never went through with it.”
She shot to hard and the ball missed. Jesha got in the position to sink the four ball and looked soflty at the women who was a friend and also her mother.
“Look Ro, you were there for me, you and Logan both. He was a good father and you two were very much in love. It wasn’t a one night stand, it was a lifelong commitment. You were the best mom anyone could ask for. You and baba were always there no matter what I needed. No matter how much I screwed up.”
“were?”
Jesha sighed.
“ You were killed trying to save me when I was twelve, Baba after your death melted into nothing of a man, he passed on a year later.”
Ororo watched pain flash through her eyes.
“How long were we married?”
“Almost twenty years.”
“Godess.. I was married to him for twenty years.” Ororo’s thoughts were betrayed by her eyes, as she moved to make another shot.
“ So if Logan and I never get together your never born right?”
“No it just means that another universe will be created.”
Ororo swore underneath her breath.
“Lovely.”
“ Ro theres no pressure here. You and Logan have to make your own decision. I’m little to no consequence.”
Ororo cast her a sharp glare.
“Godess you do matter Jesha. You do, your important to me , as for Logan that’s his call.”
Ororo crossed to the other side of the table and took the young women in her arms.
“I’ve missed you mom.”
Ro laughed as they hugged.
“If only I’d known kiddo if only I could go back and live the life you remember me living.”
Jesha pulled away and chuckled.
“I wouldn’t want you to Ro. You may be my mother but your also my friend. We’ve had quite a different relationship recently.”
Ro laughed again.
“I’m glad there is understanding I am not going to be a good mom.”
At these words Jesha threw back her head and roared with laughter.
“I don’t expect you to be someone I remembered Ororo Munroe.”
They laughed and finished their game. When they were done, they headed out and jumped on the bike. When they reached the castle Sean walked up and smiled.
“Hey glad you found her.”
He walked over and kissed her ever so gently. Ro raised an eyebrow.
“Remember Banshee who’s presence your in.”
Sean immediately released Jesha and smiled.
“Yes marm.”
Ro laughed and smacked him in the shoulder.
“Ready for dinner?”
“I am I’m hungry.”
Sean smiled down at her.
“lets go then.”
They headed into dinner enjoying the company of the mutants that had been rescued that day. Logan walked over to Ro and sat down beside her. Her piercing blue eyes met his and he smiled. He put a strong hand on her shoulder.
“You ok?”
She nodded.
“I’m fine Logan.”
“Good.”
He smiled and put a rough hand on her shoulder squeezing it gently.
“How are things since the other night?”
“Good, just a lot of shock lately.”
He smiled, gneuinly concerned.
Ororo loved it when he looked at her like that.
“ A bit is a mild statement love, you’ve been through so much here. Know I’m here if you ever need me.”
Ororo smiled.
“I know.”
“good.”
With that Logan turned to one of the other mutant kids. The kid was asking about Logan training some of them for battle. Logan nodded and agreed. Ororo watched as he interacted with the young man. *He’d be a good father, must have been to Jesha, could I really in another time and place be married to this man. Goddess why am I thinking this?* She snapped herself back to reality and watched as Sean walked over to Logan. He said something that she couldn’t hear and watched as Logan grinned and nodded. Sean smiled and clapped Logan on the shoulder. Several other men gathered around the. Ororo slipped out of the room quietly and made her way outside, she needed to release her tumulus emotions.
Thunder crackled in the distance as she summoned a wind and rode it out of the castle. The rain was pelting her face and hair, she loved the rain. She let her emotions out thunder crackling again. She landed on the opposite shore of the lake and sat for just a few minutes her tears of frusteration falling down her cheeks. The rain fell hard hiding them. In the silence broken only by the sound of the rain pelting down she lifted her voice and began singing in Swahili. Her song was a sad lullaby that spoke or warriors going off to war, being captured and coming home years later to find their loved ones with totally different lives. As the final notes ended and her sad song came to a close another voice began another song in Swahili. It spoke of a mothers pain and a childs wish to wipe her tears away. Ororo looked around only to see Jesha walk out of the shadows. Still singing, Jesha walked over to her and put a finger under her chin, lifting her eyes. The words to her song translate as follows.
“My dear mother how I wish I could take away your pain, wipe the hurt from your eyes. Will you smiled just for me, so your eyes will dance again. The sun is still shining, and the Earth is still alive. So tell me why do you cry?”
Ororo’s eyes filled with tears, when she was younger she had written that song for the mother she never knew. As Jesha’s song came to a close Ororo looked at her.
“Did I teach you that song?”
“Yes Ro you did.”
Ro smiled. It was a bit bitter, but she smiled. Jesha spoke soflty to her in Swahili and Ororo reached out and embraced her. Together the two walked back to the castle talking, comforting and consoling one another. When they reached the castle they looked at each other and laughed.
“You are soaked.”
“That bad uh?”
Ro gave her a death glare and Jesha laughed. Together the two walked to her room and Jesha handed her a clean pair of clothes. Ro gratefully changed into the jeans and tshirt. Jesha chose a pair of sport pants and a tshirt.
“Wanna talk about it?”
“Nothing to talk about.”
Jesha nodded and together they headed back downstairs. When they reached the main dining hall Logan and Sean and most of the men were gone. Moira smiled.
“They went outside to resolve a fight between Logan and Sean.”
Both of the women rolled their eyes.
“Oh dear.”
“I however am going to retire in the library with the fireplace. Would you two like to join me.”
“Love to.”
The three women headed into the expanse library. It had shelves with books stacked to the tall ceiling, against the far wall was a huge fireplace, it also stretched the the heights of the tall ceiling. Jesha walked over to the book, lifted herself off the floor and grabbed crime and punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Moira chuckled.
“You’ll wear that book out lassie.”
Jesha chuckled.
“I know I know.”
Moira and Ororo started getting lost I na conversation as Jesha got involved in Dostoevsky’s crime and Punishment. They heard the men walk in but they never came into the library. The three women talked and enjoyed the crackling fireplace as its fingers of light danced off the rooftop. After about and hour a gentle knock sounded on the door. Moira yelled a “come in” and the double door opened.
Ro had her faced turned towards the roaring fire, she heard the double doors open and close. Moira’s voice called her back to attention.
“Charles please come and join us.”
Ororo turned expecting to see a total stranger when she saw Charles Xavier. He was walking for one, for another his kind fatherly smile caught her off guard.
“Hello ororo.”
Ororo’s face went ashen white. The man came over and caught her in a gentle hug. When Ororo finally found her tongue she looked at the man standing before her.
“Charles how are you here?”
He laughed a gentle laugh.
“ The Phoenix didn’t destroy me, it appeared to you and Logan that she did, but she simply threw me through time. Here I was taken by the authorities and was put in the jail cell. Moira found me helped me escape and I’ve lived here ever since.”
Ro’s eyes flashed with hot tears of anger.
“Charles why did you leave us?”
“I have no way of traveling through time Ororo. Plus what a shock it would have been to your system.”
“That’s no excuse charles. We needed you. The children needed you. Logan, hell I needed you.”
“Ororo..”
“No charles.”
She got up angrily and walked out the double doors slamming. Charles Xavier like a tired warrior sat down in the chair a moment and then got up to follow her. Jesha who hadn’t said a word the entire conversation, got up when he did and blocked his path to the door.
“Leave her.”
Moira glared at Jesha.
“Jesha he is your elder respect him.”
“ I do but give her time Mr Xavier. I don’t know who you are or why you upset her so much but give her time.”
“Who are you child?”
“My name is Jesha. I am her daughter.”
Charles settled down in a chair where she stood motioning to the one she had vacated.
“Tell me this story child.”
Before Jesha could begin Sean walked into the room and kissed her soflty. He noticed the dancing of her eyes.
“What?”
“Your kind of interrupting laddie.”
His eyes began to dance with laughter.
“Am ay now?”
Charles grinned at Sean.
“Sit down Laddie I’m trying to talk to her.”
Sean threw him a death glare and then curled up next to Jesha, who promptly snuggled close. She then began her story. When she finished Charles stroked his chin.
“So Logan is also here?”
Jesha nodded.
“Yes.”
“I will talk to him in the morning. Well we’ll all talk more in the morning there may be a way to strategize to eliminate these sentinals once and for all. The cost may be great though.”
Jesha nodded she knew full well.





You must login () to review.