Logan stood out on the balcony smoking his cigar when Ororo joined him. He smiled at her.
“Hey kid.”
“Hey Logan.”
“how you doing darlin?”
Ro snorted a microbrew in hand She put her finger on her chin in mock thinking.
“Lets see aside from the fact that my mentor is now alive, I was married to you for twenty years, I had a daughter and never even slept with the man who I had her with. Not only that I am in the middle of a war that could kill us all, and I’m living another lifetime, I’m hella good.”
Logan grinned, and no she was nowhere near drunk. She looked sexy in her basketball shorts and her muscleshirt. He grinned.
“and you?”
Logan smiled.
“About the same.”
Ororo laughed.
“A good couple we make.”
He stepped closer to her, it had been three months since they had been here. She was leaning against the wall. Logan walked over near her and her breath caught in her throat. She and Logan had played at romance before but it was always just a game. He wasn’t playing a game this time. His lips soflty met hers a gentle yet a slightly possessive kiss. Ororo felt herself aroused as he kissed her. She bit back a moan as she twined her arms around his neck returning his kiss. Logan growled his pleasure a deep throaty sounds that called to the animal within her. She deepened their kiss. When air became necessary he broke away, biting her lower lip as he did.
“Kiss me like that I’d think you’d want more Logan.”
Logan didn’t reply but kissed her again. Ororo felt an ache between her legs and pushed him away slightly.
“Logan we can’t do this.”
He nuzzled her his voice a low growl of desire in her ear.
“Ororo I care about you. The answer to why I’ve never showed is because I’m afraid to lose myself in you. I’m falling in love with you. Let me fall in love with you.”
His last words came out as a plee. Ororo felt her defenses breaking and kissed him gently one more time, then stepped away.
“ I can’t Logan. I just can’t.”
Betraying every emotion in her heard Ororo munroe stepped away and walked to her room.
Several days later Jesha was up and grabbed her cycling clothes, she threw them on and went to knock on Ororo’s door. Ro was laying in bed contemplating if she wanted to get up when a knock came on the door, she went to the door to find Jesha smiling at her. She threw a pair of shorts and a jersey at her and ro groaned.
“Whats this?”
“Come on mom lets go.”
“And where are we going?”
“For a ride, put those on or I’ll do it for you and you know I’ll give you a wedgie.”
Ororo Munroe in all her life had never heard something so ridiculous.
“You give me a wedgie?”
Jesha raised an eyebrow pushed her way into the room and lifted Ororo easily off the floor. Ororo was surprised.
“OK OK put me down I’ll put them on.”
Jesha smirked and turned to go, she was rewarded by a shock of lightning from Ro’s finger. She yelped slightly and growled.
“You better be glad there is padding on my butt or you’d bein deep shit.”
Ororo let out a laugh as she closed the door. She quickly changed into the clothes surprised once again that her daughter’s clothes fit so well. A few minutes later she emerged and Jesha smiled. Ten minutes later Ro rode a nice mountain bike out of the garage her daughter soon following. Together they started riding through the city, and then into the outer bounds of the underground security system.
“Is this safe Jesh?”
Jesha chuckled.
“Yes it’s safe I’m taking you to an abandoned city that has an amazing view.”
Ororo smiled.
“Sounds good.”
They rode for what seemed to be and hour and then Jesha pulled up short. Ororo stopped next to her. Jesha stored her bike in the nearby bushed and Ororo followed suit. Jesha led her out onto a large bluff that over looked the ocean, out in its tumulus waves there were several rock faces and structures. It took Ororo’s breath away it was absolutely beautiful.
“Oh Jesh its gorgeous.”
“Isn’t it though?”
“Where are we exactly?”
“In your time this is the Wildwood New Jersey, it has miles of endless beach and a ruined lighthouse.”
Ororo smiled as her daughter walked out on the very edge of the bluff, the wind whipping through her hair. The wind blew through her jersey causing its colors to ripple. Ororo smiled and walked over by her daughter. She studied her intently. Jesha had her eyes closed and her arms outstretched. Jesha had Ororo’s eyes and her fathers unruly black hair. It was pulled back in a tight ponytail.
“You remind me so much of myself when I was younger Jesha.”
Jesha opened her eyes and glanced at her mother.
“You once told me I was you mother.”
Ro laughed.
“ I could see myself saying that. What did we do together Jesha?”
“Exactly what we are doing mother. We spent time together, whether it was playing in the tidepools, bikeriding, you taught me how to fly, I was able to fly from when I was about three.”
Ororo smiled.
“Tidepools ? Are there some around here?”
Jesha laughed.
“Not but there are on those rocks. Can you swim?”
Ororo glanced at her.
“Heck yeah I can. But somehow I have an idea there’s more than tide pooling?”
Jesha laughed.
“I hate how much you can read me.”
“Its that mischevious look in your eyes. What is it?”
“O just a bit of disabling.”
“Like what kind?”
“I need some fog.”
Ororo laughed.
“Got it. What are you going to do?”
“Go for a swim.”
Jesha put on her goggles and jumped off the cliff. Ororo watched her, she was sight to behold. Her black hair was released and she dove into the blue water. Jesha swam into the depths putting a small mouthpiece in her mouth to breath. She avoided the surveillance animals and robots alike, hiding behind large rocks and beds of seaweed. She swam for a good five minutes and then saw her destination. She quickly walked over to it, knocking out the divers that attempted to stop her. She swam to the back popped the hatch and went inside. She knocked out several of the guards and then walked over to the panel. There were three prison controls here. She released the lock on all the doors and then stepped outside. Using her powers Jesha opened the bottom of the sea and the surveillance post was swallowed. She pushed off the bottom gaining enough momentum and shot herself out of the water, landing lightly on the shore. Ororo stood there a grin on her face.
“Is it done?”
“Yes.”
“What exactly did you do?”
“I disabled a surveillance post and I unlocked the doors for several prisons.”
“Its that easy?”
“Well diving about 300 feet down isn’t easy.”
Ro laughed.
“So are we going to go see those tide pools?”
“of course.”
The two women swam over to a nearby island and wandered around for several hours.
“Jesh did Logan ever leave?”
“NO he never left you nor did he leave the students he kept his promise to chuck to keep his family safe.”
“and you?”
Jesha laughed.
“I was a mistake that he took kindly to.”
“What do you mean?”
“You were never supposed to have me mom. You and Baba didn’t plan for me. When I was born Baba said he was the proudest man on Earth. He used to pick me up in the living room and throw me as high as the roof would allow. He never once missed a catch. He loved me mama. As did you. You were both amazing parents.”
“Godess Jesha I’ve lived and entire lifetime without my knowledge I had a daughter and a husband whom I loved. O for just a taste of that.”
Jesha smiled.
“Could you really love him Mom?”
“ I don’t even want to think of it.”
Jesha smiled.
“I understand.”
“So whos the cute irish man?”
“Sean and I met after Baba died, He came form Ireland and began fighting with us. We trained together fought together and won a lot together. One of the first times we fought together we were in a group of sentinals, I was pulling one of my usual stunts and got a lot of people to safety. The only problem was my healing factor had been on overload. I was shot in the leg and fell so I couldn’t walk. He came back for me. Soon after I healed and together we took out an entire sentinel city. We fought many battles together after that simply finding we were a good team. He found out I loved to skimboard. I would go out in the mornings here and skim board in the surf. Heon the other hand loved to surf. One particular day he sat out on the waves and watched me for almost an hour. I finally noticed him when he came in he was a good surfur. He came in and asked me to teach him to skim board. It was a lot of fun. Early the next morning he came into my room and roused me super early. He took me here and handed me a surfboard. We watched the sunrise and spent the remainder of the morning surfing together. Our first run he got up behind me on the board and steadied me. I’ve never been so close to a man, the difference was he never tried to take advantage of me. We also began noticing a growing attraction between us we enjoyed drinking irish car bombs a lot together, we hung out played pool, healed people together fought together, laughed together had fun together . One particular day he caught me walking through the rain by the lake, I had been thinking of you and Baba and I missed you both. He laced his fingers in mine and held me close as I cried. I kissed him that day, I had never felt anything like that. We made out for forty five minutes. As we walked back one of us would grab for the other leading to another kiss. It was an amazing feeling. I was afraid mom, I was afraid of his love and I lost him. Or so I thought we sat and had a talk in a coffee shop I told him I just wanted a friendship. He looked carefully at me and told me ever so gently a kiss couldn’t lie. I knew but was afraid. We became even closer friends fought hard together and then about two months before I came to save Charles he broke down and told me how much he loved me and proposed. I accepted and here we are.”
“Why do you love him?”
“I love him because he’s Sean. I love the way his eyes light up when I come into the room, I love the passion that fills his eyes when we kiss. I can’t wait until we’re married and can be one in all senses of the word. Hes amazing mom. I love him simply because hes Sean.”
Jesha’s simple declaration made Ororo smiled. She’d never known that kind of love.
Without warning Jesha’s senses started going crazy.
“Ro we gotta a problem.”
“What?”
“sentinals closing in. Move.”
The two women sprang up and headed for the nearby forest. Jesha scrambled up a tree and waited. Three large anisentinals (Big ones with a bad attitude) strode into the clearing. They did a quick scan. Jesha jumped out of the tree and landed on ones shoulder.
“Shit.”
The human inside the head smiled.
“Better believe it mutie. These won’t be easy for you to kill.”
Another of the machines spoke.
“stop messing with her grommie, just kill her.”
As he spoke Jesha’s fingers groped the outside avoiding the machines hands as it reached for her. Jesha offered a sweet smile to the human and pushed the button, taking away the humans covering, her hands shot to her knife as the human called the machines gun to her head. Jesha thought face and dove out of the way the guns catching the human full in the chest. Using her momentum she swung herself into the machine a bullet finding her arm. She cursed and the protective pane slip into place. Roro seeing this from a nearby bush smiled as her daughters voice echoed in her head.
*Ro I am going to distract them button is on the left towards the bottom, push it kill him get inside.*
*roger that*
Ororo watched as Jesha took the inside guy. They battled, Jesha madly workingthe control’s. ro made her way easily up the spectator bot, pushed the button and used her powers to fling the man into the nearby sea. She climbed in lowered the protective face and moved the sentinel into the fray between Jesha and the last human.
*Grab his feet. I’ll grab his hand and we’ll play a little swing low sweet chariots with him.*
Ororo snorted. And then reached for the other sentinals feet. She grasped them and pulled them out from underneath him as Jesha grabbed his hands. Together the two of them swung him and realeased him over the side of the cliff. Ororo pushed the intercom button.
“That was to easy.”
“Yeah these are old models, the new ones don’t have a release button. We don’t know how to penetrate them yet.”
“where to now?”
“I am wondering if the circuit boards come out of these things?”
“Why?”
“tactical advantage we can use them against their makers.”
“ They probably have more than one detecting device Jesha.”
“I know that’s what has me frusterated. If we could get all of them out we could study our enemy and improve on it allowing us Giant robots with our powers.”
“I like it know anyone who could do it?”
“as a matter of fact I do.”
She reached into the back of her jersey and grabbed her cell phone. She dialed the number and waited. Sean was happily snoozing on the couch when his cell phone rang causing him to almost fall off the couch. He answered it quickly.
“aye?”
“Hey honey I could use some help.”
Sean felt a grin come across his lips.
“ Aye love, what do ya need me ta save ye from this time?”
“Oh just need a bit of technical help.”
Sean frowned.
“Jesha what did ya do women?”
“I am sitting in an ansentinal and I wanted to know how to take out the sensors.”
Sean fell off the couch.
“Run that bya me again love.”
“You heard me.”
“Old or new model?”
“Old.”
“On ma way. Want me to bring the Wolvie lad?”
“Your call husband.”
Sean’s heartfelt like it would stop within his chest.
“Not yet lassie but soon. I’m on me way.”
Jesha smiled.
“Good.”
He hung up and called for logan.
“Wolverine lets go.”
Wolverine grunted.
“Where to?”
“Play with some toys.”
“Aight.”
The two men walked out to the garage and Sean flicked a set of keys to Logan. Logan smiled.
“And this goes to?”
Sean just smiled and pointed. Logan followed his finger and smiled when he saw the car he grinned widely.
“Now that’s a car. What year?”
“2006 Lamborghini.”
“its beautiful.”
Sean smiled and then handed a headset to him.
“Lets go.”
Logan grinned ferally.
“Ey turn that on.”
“ok.”
The two men turned on the cars and started driving to the site Jesha had located. Logan grinned ferally as he turned the car sharply loving the way the car responded. He knew Ororo would love this car. She was so sensitive to cars and loved driving the expensive ones. He grinned remembering all their racing times. Ro had made them both of a lot of money. They both had. Logan allowed his thoughts to wander to her as the car handled really well under his fingers, its engine thrumming. It had been several months since they had been here. She was free here Logan had never seen her so free. She laughed drank, danced and enjoyed it. He had fallen more in love with her as each day passed. He pounded the wheel with his fist and growled.
“hey laddie the car isn’t handling that bad is it?”
“No its handling fine. I am just having a hard time with a women.”
Sean laughed.
“We all seem to have that problem at some point or another. Still haven’t made your move eh?”
“Actually I did. I kissed her. ”
Sean chuckled.
“Not suttle are you?”
“Hey bub.”
“Just kidding How did it feel?”
Logan chuckled.
“Hecka good. How do you think it felt?”
Sean laughed again.
“Your daughter is a lot like you Logan.”
“What do mean?”
“Exactly what I said. Logan she inherited part of your animal instinct. When you died she was angry. She took out an entire sentinel city. It was pretty amazing display of power. I’ve never seen anyone do that before Logan. A feral light just took over and she just decimated the entire city. It was leveled and then swallowed into the Earth. There was nothing left of it. The sentinals hit back hard, she became really good at freeing prisoners. We lost a lot of people in that battle. Afterwards I saw her so weak Logan, she needed me in a way I couldn’t understand. She’s damm powerful but shes lost a lot of people in her life. She’s got a past that is one of the most painful, underneath all that she’s amazing. It took me forever to get through some of her issues, but I fell in love with her. We worked through the walls and the pain and now we are engaged. Never piss her off though woo we. She’s got her mothers temper I’m sure.
Logan laughed.
“Ro’s got quite a temper on her. Where we going?”
“To save the damsels in distress. No not really they are playing with a few sentinel bots, I need to take out the trackers.”
“Sounds fun. How exactly are you going to do that?”
“Sonic scream, takes out the old trackers. Shorts them out eh?”
“Understandable.”
They drove in silence the rest of the way until they reached the ladies who were having a wrestling match with the robots. They got out of the cars and Sean watched as Jesha opened the lid and stepped out. She smiled when she saw the car Sean had brought. He looked hot in his jeans and wife beater. Logan was wearing the same thing. Jesha walked over to her fiancée and put her finger gently on his chest.
“I kinda like you in a hot car.”
He grinned.
“I’m glad lassie.”
He pulled her gently into his arms and close to him.
“Ay does that mean I get a kiss?”
Jesha laughed.
“No but it does mean you get to take a machine home.”
“And who’ll take the car?”
“Me.”
He laughed.
“I brought back up lass.”
Jamie appeared with quicksilver. Sean opened his mouth adjusted his vocal chords and screamed. They all watched as several sparks flew shorting out the trackers. Jamie and Quicksilver smiled.
“Yeah more toys.”
They all laughed and Sean easily guided his bride to be into the drivers seat of the car. Logan also allowed Ororo drive. She was grinning from ear to ear. Jesha smiled.
“Hey we’ll see you back at the castle. Behave you two.”
Ororo raised an eyebrow.
“Ditto kiddo, in fact I’m a bit more worried about you to than I am us.”
Jesha laughed and revved her car. Ororo did the same and the two took of down across the meadow. When they reached the ocean Ororo stopped the car. Logan looked at her in surprise.
“why are we stopping?”
“Logan we need to talk.”
“Ok darling start talking I’m listening.”
Ororo much to his surprise straddled him sitting in his lap and kissed him. Logan gasped and pushed her away.
“Ro..”
“Shut up Logan and kiss me.”
Logan felt his pants grow tight. She was kissing him passionately her fingers intertwining in his hair. He moaned in her mouth, kissing her back. Ororo giggled. His voice became a low growl.
“ororo if you don’t stop I won’t be able to.”
“Then don’t.”
Her hand slid underneath his shirt and Logan soon found his shirt off. His hands pushed up underneath her shirt his hands cupping her breasts. She broke from their kiss with a gasp of pleasure.
“Ororo I’m falling in love with you.”
She smiled and kissed him again. After a moment she broke away.
“I fell in love with you a long time ago.”





You must login () to review.