Time flew quickly for Ororo and Logan. They watched as battles were fought, they mourned for those lost in them, and settled into their new way of life. The day on the ocean in the car was one Logan would never forget, since then they had spent a great deal of time together. Each of them had grown closer to Jesha and Sean,as well as they had grown closer together. Logan felt incomplete without ororo. She was becoming a huge part of him. Every time she walked into the room she made everything seem right, the room brighter his heart lighter. It was easy to forget about the past with her in his arms. Jesha was a good deal like her mother and Sean surprisingly a good deal like Logan. Each of them was bullheaded. He smiled at the thought. He thought about the Blackbird, he knew at some point he was going to have to take Ororo back to their time, each day it was closer to causing a time rift. Logan and Sean had had countless conversations about it. Logan sighed and ran his hands through his hair. Oh hell the truth was he was afraid of losing Ororo. Screw time rifts and warps, he was in love with Ro and was afraid that if he took her back that would all change. They had joked about being together because of Jesha but in reality at least on his end it wasn’t true. He loved her and wanted to spend his life with her. Each time they made love it was anew experience, he had never experienced loving a women this way. He couldn’t get enough of her and she welcomed the animal in him. Had he ever really been in love before? The cold winds off the lake reached his hair tousling it. He was sitting on the patio thinking about all these things when ororo came out. Noticing he was deep in thought she stepped back inside. He called to her.
“No come out, your not interrupting.”
She plopped down on his lap her lips touching his soflty and smiled at him. He grinned back.
“NO smoking tonight.”
“No darling I know how you feel about it.”
She cocked an eyebrow making her look even sexier.
“Really?”
“Really darling. Your revamping my whole way of life.”
He kissed her again, nipping her bottom lip teasingly. She nipped back and then gently pushed her tongue in his mouth her tongue caressing his.
“Ay hate to break ya two up but ay need to talk with ya.”
Logan growled as Ororo broke away.
“Sorry Sean what’s up?”
She stepped off Logan’s lap easily and sat down in the chair next to his grabbing his hand and intertwining her fingers. Sean raised an eyebrow but said nothing hiding a grin, he was glad they were finally together.
“Look ah Ay know this might come as a wee bit of shock umm but jesh and I are getting married soon. Logan yuve kinda become the father and friend I never had and Ro you’ve been a good friend as well. Well umm ya see the ting is…”
Logan interrupted he had never seen Sean so nervous.
“Sean bub spit it out.”
Sean sighed.
“Ay want to ask yar permission to marry yur daughter.”
Logan’s jaw fell open and Ororo smiled. Sean seeing Logan’s expression rushed on.
“Ya see I know that ya both have grown close to yer daughter and Ay wanted to make sure ya were apart of our weddin. Ay know it would mean a lot to her. Logan would ya be willin to give her away?”
Logan’s eyes got bigger as he gently smacked his lips trying to get the dryness out of his mouth. Ororo was about ready to start laughing her head off, but instead squeezed Logan’s hand knowing that this was hard for him. He took a deep breath and raised an eyebrow studying Sean intently.
“well look Bub, Ro and I have gotten closer to Jesh over the past what has it been a year? Shes amazing and I couldn’t ask for a better daughter. IN saying that I need to ask you a few questions. If it’s what she wants I’d be honored to give her away.”
Sean took a deep breath he was as nervous as logan caught his gaze again.
“Why do you love her? Do you promise Bub to take care of her to the best of your ability?”
Sean smiled at the first statement.
“I love her because she’s Jesha. When she smiled the whole world seems to come into focus, and when she cries, my whole world is shattered with her sorrow. When she kisses me the Earth stands still and time holds its breath. I’ve never experienced a love like that. I loved her as long as I can remember. Yes Logan I will take good care of her. I want to be the one that she wakes up to every morning, the man who protects her and her heart. I want to be there, apart of every little detail. I want to dance with her in the kitchen and kiss her until shes breathless. I want to be the man she loves. I want to be there to dance with her, I want to look her in the eyes and know shes mine. I want to adore her and see her adore me all my days.”
As Sean spoke, logan felt his own heart lurch within his chest. He wanted the same thing.
“Then marry her bub.”
Sean looked relieved. Logan grinned.
‘Sean if I’d of said no would ya have married her anyway?”
Sean nodded.
“We’d of talked about tit. I love her Logan.”
Logan nodded.
“Then marry her and treat her right. One last thing: don’t make me a grandpa to darn soon.”
Sean laughed a deep rich laughter. He then turned to Ororo.
“Any thougts?”
Ororo smiled at the man in front of her.
“Love her, shes a handful.”
Sean grinned at this.
“Ay tat she is lassie, but heaven help me I love dat women.”
“Keep loving her Sean, keep wooing her heart and seeking it out. A women needs that constant pursuit, that’s how you’ll keep passion and love in your marriage.”
Logan listened and made a mental note of her words.
“Wise advice lassie.”
“Hold to it Sean. And be friends with us.”
Sean laughed again.
“You two have become some of me best friends. Ay plan ta.”
Jesha chose the pristine moment to walk out and was surprised to see her parents and fiancée in intimate conversation. Sean walked over to her and grabbed her hand. He picked her up and placed her gently on the railing then right in front of her parents he dropped down on one knee. Jesha felt her heart flutter, what was he doing? He took her hand reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box.
“Jesh will you marry me?”
Jesha looked confused, then realizing what Sean was doing her eyes misted with tears. His eyes spoke a million unsaid words, words of devotion commitment, protection, cherishing and love. She reached out and gently put her hand on his cheek.
“Sean I love you, I already said yes and soon I will say it again for a lifetime. Yes my love now and forever.”
Sean stood slowly encircled his arms around her waist and kissed her passionately, leaving her breathless and wanting more. Ororo and Logan smiled.
“Jesh, my daughter May I have the honor and privilege of walking you down the aisle and giving you to this man.”
Jesha still in Seans arms felt tears sting her eyes again and begin to fall down her cheeks.
“Baba I’ve prayed you would be there all my life.”
Logan smiled and walked over and hugged her. He buried his nose in his daughters hair and inhaled deeply. How had he been so lucky in another lifetime?His heart full and overflowing, he pushed her out to arms length and spoke soflty to her.
“Wo ai ni nanhaizi.”
Tears once more misted her eyes.
“WO ye ai ni wo Baba. Xie xie.”
Logan smiled and released her. Sean pulled Jesha back into his arms and put his arm around her shoulders.
“Lets go babe. I need to talk to you.”
“Don’t be to frisky with my daughter scot.”
“Ay won’t Baba.”
Logan smiled his eyes beginning to dance. Ororo and Logan watched the couple go. Jesha laughed as Sean kissed her gently. Ororo let out a yelp of surprise as Logan pulled her into his lap. He let out a low growl an kissed her. Ororo felt herself melt in his arms to his touch, he was the only man that had ever had this affect on her. She sighed as they broke apart. He grinned at her.
“Lets go out to dinner.”
Ororo nodded.
“Sounds good.”
Together they headed toward the garage. Logan grabbed the keys off the wall and threw them to Ororo. She smiled at him. Twenty minutes and a few kisses later Ororo pulled up to a salsa club she and Jesha frequented often. Logan groaned when he saw where they were.
“I hate dancing Ro you know that.”
She smiled at him and ran her fingers along the side of his cheek.
“Trust me Logan, trust me.”
Logan snorted and they were shown to a table. As they began to walk Ororo intertwined her fingers in his. He squeezed her hand. They ordered food and then Ororo pulled him from his seat. He followed her to the dance floor. The song Santa maria by the Goten project began to play. Ororo felt the music and her body began to move to the beat. It was a tango. Logan stood about ten feet from her, the dance floor empty except for the two of them. Logan stood there looking at her dumbfounded as she began to roll her hips. Ororo laughed at his look. She danced near him grabbed him and pulled him close to her body, Logan growled.
“Move with me Logan.”
He raised an eyebrow at the slight seductive not in her voice.
“I can’t dance Ororo Munroe.”
She laughed, it was a teasing playful laugh. She rolled her hips rubbing herself against him. He moved closer to her his hips moving to meet hers, showing her he would try. Ororo grinned and gently placed her hands against his hips, then slowly, very slowly she began moving her hands causing his hips to move with hers. Together the two began the steps of the tango, Logan following her lead. She then reached up and pulled his gaze to hers. He felt something shift inside him and his moves became natural, his eyes locked with hers. She became his whole world his whole focus. There was nothing, noone else. He became lost in the way she moved, every roll of her hips he became more keenly aware of, every beat of her heart, every breath that came in quicker gasps as they danced. Soon his instincts took over and the steps came naturally, every footstep, every move he remembered. He began leading her. He realized in that moment that He was in love with her, there was no doubt in his mind. He moved and she followed, it wasn’t dance moves, it was instinct. Ororo never knew Logan could dance like he could. His almond grayish eyes met hers and she felt herself becoming lost in his depths. Lost in his eyes, and his soul became visible through the doorway of his eyes. She felt him move, each step almost a demand for her to follow. She felt him become completely immersed in the music, he placed his hands on her hips as they rolled and she felt him move his in accord with hers, keeping very close bodily contact. He guided her every step, his fingers treasured the roll of her hips and each move her body made. He was a passionate dancer and it took her breath away. Soon her brow beaded with sweat. Together the got lost in the notes of the music, in the beats of each others hearts. Their bodies grinding against each other, each desiring the more with each step of the tango. The song came to a close and Logan found his breath coming in short gasps, Ororo’s breathing was shallow as well. Logan pulled her leg to his thigh it bending under his touch and he dipped her back. His heart hammered in his chest as he kissed her lightly on the neck seeking her lips. Ororo let out a soft chuckle pulled herself out of the dip and kissed him her passion for dance transferring to their kiss. He groaned against her lips, his whole world consumed in that kiss, that moment. The crowd watching them, cheered finally, breaking their trance, shattering their focus on one another. Ororo stepped out of his embrace making Logan feel hollow and empty without her there. He followed her sultry swaying hips off the dance floor as they walked to their table to eat dinner. When they reached their secluded table, Ororo waited until everyone was gone and in their booth straddled him, her lips meeting his her tongue demanding access. He made a sound somewhere between a groan and a growl. He smiled as their kiss ended.
“If I’d known you danced like that love, I would have done it along time ago.”
She chuckled and plopped down next to him.
“Logan I’ve never danced a tango with a man as passionate as you danced that. I didn’t know you danced so well.”
He smiled at her his head cocked slightly.
“I never knew either. But you know what they say.”
“O and that is?”
“A women makes a man dance well.”
She laughed a deep rich laughter.
“Whatever you say love. Whatever you say.”
Early the next morning Ororo awoke with the touch of the sun, her head aching form to much to drink. What happened last nigh? she rolled over to find Logan laying next to her, o now it was all coming back. She remembered their dance the previous night and smiled. She leaned over and gently pushed hair out of his face, she was in love with him. She ran her hand gently along his jawline, more details of the previous night coming back. As more details of the evening came back Ororo reached down and looked at her hand. On it was a beautiful silver band. Goddess did they really get married? She gazed at the man laying next to her his hand rested on her hip. Goddess they had. He was sleeping peacefully. She groaned inwardly. Something within her needed the answer to the question in her head. Did he really love her or was this a joke? Was it the fact that both had to much to drink or did they really care enough about each other to be married? She sighed and gently detangled herself from his grasp. She was extremely quiet knowing about his oversensitive hearing, she quickly and quietly dressed, packed a bag and headed out of the room the door softly clicking behind her. She was surprised she had not woken him. She walked to Jesha’s door and knocked softly. Jesha answered the door fully dressed. She let Ororo into the room. Both women raised eyebrows at each other.
“Going somewhere daughter?”
“Yeah I need to go visit some friends, I need some answers to a question.”
“Does Sean know?”
“No.”
“Good lets go. I need to stop in Louisiana, or wherever papa jean is.”
“Ok Why?”
“I’ll explain on the way.”
Jesha noticed the flash of silver and chuckled.
“Heck yeah you will.”
The two snuck out of the house, everyone oblivious to their leaving.
“I love how no ones up this early.”
Jesha chuckled.
“Yeah its nice.”
When they reached the garage Jesha grabbed keys off the hook and headed for her beautiful silver custom Lamborghini. She grabbed the cover off it and Ororo whistled.
“Nice car. Give me the specs.”
Jesha laughed and rattled of the specs. As she did Ororo watched her duck under the car for a moment, heard a beep and watched as Jesha pulled out a small black box.
“whats that?”
“Tracking device. The car has three of them. Sean hates it when I disappear.”
She stood and left the device on a shelf and jumped into the car.
“Aren’t you going to pull out the other two?”
“Not yet, we are going the roundabout way, we will drop the trackers at several points along the way, so they will follow them. After we drop off the second tracker we’ll go towards Louisiana, my business is also there.”
“Care to explain?”
Jesha chuckled.
“You first.”
She hit the garage door opening button and then started the car. She hit a button and the engine was silenced. Ororo grinned mischievously.
“That’s a nice feature.”
“Isn’t it though?”
They drove in silence for about twenty minutes and then Jesha spoke.
“So what are you running from?”
Ororo leaned back and relaxed in the seat of the car.
“I dunno if I’d call it running away, I never run from my problems.”
Jesha snorted.
“ OK Ok what happened that caused you to leave with me.”
Ororo bit her lower lip, kneading it between her teeth as she thought about her reply. Jesha noticing her hesitation said quietly.
“Start form the beginning. That’s usually the best place to start.”
Ororo nodded and began her tale.
“well the day you and I went for a bikeride several months ago, when Logan and I were driving back we umm made an unexpected stop.”
Jesha’s raised both eyebrows in a questioning manner.
“Elaborate.”
“Well we slept together.”
“You don’t start out slow do you?”
“No No I don’t. Since then we have just spent time getting to know each other, we have only spent the night together one other time, that was last night. We just wanted to take the time to really get to know each other well.”
“And?”
“And we went to the salsa club last night and danced, had to much to drink and I woke up with a ring on my finger.”
“You got married?”
Ororo sighed and ran her hand through her hair.
“Yes we did.”
“And?”
“And I cannot help but wonder if it was to much to drink, if it was just becuase of you or some other reason.”
“So you don’t love him.”
Ororo sighed her voice sofented as she spoke.
“I never said that. It feels strange telling you this, you’re my daughter.”
Jesha laughed.
“That I may be but I was first your friend. Spit it out.”
Ororo smiled at this.
“I do love him Jesha. We went dancing last night and I’ve never known him to be that passionate, for five minutes I was his whole world, he was mine. I’ve been in love with Logan for as long as I can remember, I just never let myself fall and be in love with him. I need to know if his love is real.”
“And this trip proves that how?”
“Not really sure yet, I guess its time to collect my thoughts, think Logically and make a decision.”
Jesha nodded.
“Sounds good. To be the voice of logic for a second, you tied the knot RoRo, both by the physical act of getting married and the emotional and physical act of sleeping with him. Hes become apart of your heart and your life, that won’t change. The way you physically desire him will never go away. Your going to miss that even after hes gone and out of your life.”
Ororo sighed.
“You sound like you’ve had experience in this matter.”
Jesha nodded and fell silent.
“Wanna tell me about why your running?”
“I don’t run Roro, I just leave. Unfortunatly I inherited that from Logan.”
“Ok why you leaving?”
“Lets just say the experience I do have in the area of physical intimacy needs to come to a close.”
“Who is he?”
“My old dance partner, I danced for several years professionally. I was a slasla dancer. My partner and I were close friends and out of that friendship our intimacy grew. We fell in love with one another, talked marriage the whole nine yards. He was cute, strong, loved to dance, and an extremely passionate man, he had charm and knew how to use it.”
“and?”
“he was killed, we had a telepathic link. He was a telepath, after he died I stopped dancing and withdrew from people, then Moira found me and began working with me. He was my college sweetheart. Well a few days ago the link to him reopened in my mind. He called to me through it.”
“So your going to find out who lied.”
“Pretty much. I need to tell him its over and find out the truth.”
“And Sean?”
“I love him Roro, I want to spend my life with him, this changes nothing between us.”
“Then why go back at all?”
“I just need to close the door.”
“Riight.”
Jesha laughed.
“It’s the truth.”
“or is it you have to convince yourself you no longer love him?”
Jesha’s hand hit the wheel.
“It’s a bit of both I guess.”
She pulled over into a nearby rest area and reached under the car taking out the locator, she left it on and put it on the building, then got back in the car and they drove on.
“So where is this guy?”
“Well Gambit will know where he is for the most part, I have a job to do for him as well.”
“He took Papa Jean’s place right?”
“Oh yes, but he will be much older than you remember, he is still as bastardly cute and charming though. Hes got every girl in the place wrapped around his baby finger.”
Ororo laughed.
“somehow that does not surprise me. Not at least to much. Job? What kind of Job?”
Jesha laughed.
“Wouldn’t you like to know?”
“Love to share with me.”
“small Heist, small safe from a sentinals office.”
Ororo chuckled.
“Sounds fun.”
“It will be.”
Several hours later they stopped and Jesha pulled out the last locator, wrote a note and left it. Knowing that Sean and Logan had probably discovered their absensce and weren’t all that far behind them.
“Ready Ororo to disappear off the map?”
“Heck yeah I am, lets go.”
Ororo took over driving and they headed for Louisiana.
Logan awoke to find that Ororo was gone without explanation. He smiled figuring she was getting coffee or something. He began to feel the first threads of panic when he reached the kitchen to find Sean staring blandly at his paper.
“He Sean seen Ororo?”
“No Ay haven’t. seen Jesha?”
“Nope.”
“Ay wouldn’t worry to much my friend. They are probably out doing something tagether, ya know how much truble those two get in tagether.”
“yeah your right.”
Logan headed back to their room and looked at the clock. It was eleven o clock in the morning, he grabbed his cell phone and called her number, it rang in their room. He cursed and went to take a shower, something didn’t feel right. He absently played with the ring on his left hand. Why hadn’t she told him she was leaving, maybe she was upset. He groaned tiredly as he stepped into the shower. The warm water washed across his body and he found himself able to relax. After he finished his shower he got dressed and grabbed a book she had been reading. Sean came in shortly after and asked if he wanted to play pool. Logan agreed and they played for several hours, laughing, talking and enjoying their beers. Around three Moira came into the room inquiring where Jesha was. Both men told her they didn’t know. Moira began a mansion wide search for her. They discovered that her car was gone. Moira quickly looked for the trackers signals. The last was five hundred miles away in Canada.
“The lassies will be back soon, don’t you worry non boys.”
Both men were alarmed by their wife and fiancée’s disappearance and Moira explained that Jesha often went to a small park in Canada to relax and snowboard.
“She probably just needs some time alone with Ororo. Fear you not soon they’ll miss you and come home.”
Three days later Ororo and Jesha pulled into the large city of Louisiana, it was still much like it had used to be, very unlike the ruined city’s Ororo had seen before. Ororo was driving and drove quickly to the thieves guild. It was as beautiful as Ororo remembered it. It had a few more modifacations than she remembered but it was still in the country away from the city and still beautiful. The land just as green and the gates still as high, she chuckled. When they reached the gate Jesha unlocked the gates and they swung wide.
“Its never been that easy.”
Jesha laughed.
“Is now they just tested my DNA.”
“What happens to those who don’t pass.”
“They meet the guild guards.”
“OO I see.”
Ororo revved the engine and drove quickly into the garage Jesha pointed out. Then htye headed inside. Many of the thieves present yelled hellos to Jesha as they walked, some of the older ones recognized Ororo and nodded in respect. When they reached the library doors Jesha burst in. Several heads turned to see who the newcomers were. Remy Lebeu was not at all surprised to see her, he was however surprised to see ororo. Jesha looked at the members sitting around the table talking.
“Out. All of you.”
Remy glanced at her.
“Jesh may I remind you I am still the leader of the guild.”
Jesha met his cold stare.
“Now Remy we need to talk. Now.”
Remy sighed taking a deep breath and motioned everyone out of the room. As the doors closed behind the last person Jesha turned to him.
“Where is he Lebeu and what the hell happened.”
Remy sitting at his desk tapped his fingers together gently.
“Matt several years ago made a contract with us. He chose to fufill it then in hopes of gaining my approval for you. He chose to disappear Jesha. It was his choice. Well his plans fell through, and he was stuck in another time for many years. Somehow he came back. That’s all I know. Now its my turn. Ororo died years ago who is that?”
Ororo spoke for herself.
“ I am Ororo Munroe, just the one from a different time.”
Remy nodded.
“It is good ta see you mon ami.”
“As it is to see you my brother.”
Remy turned back to Jesha.
“I need a job done.”
“I know its part of the reason I am here. Have the specs dropped at my room. Where can I find Matthew?”
“Salsa club downtown he still owns it after all these years.”
“Thank Uncle.”
“Your welcome.”
The twinkle returned to his eyes and he hugged her tightly.
“Hows Sean?”
“Well our wedding is soon. Are you coming?”
“WOuldn’t miss it for the world.”
“Good.”
Jesh and Ororo talked and agreed to meet in fifteen minutes to grab some dinner. Jesha walked to her old room and quickly changed, She grabbed the stats Gambit had had dropped off on her bed and started reading them before she left. The job was actually several small jobs she could easily pull off. She knew Ro would probably want to help her which made it even easier. She changed into a pair of nicer slacks and ran to meet Ro. Ororo met her outside her room.





You must login () to review.