Logan awoke earlier than usual and headed down to the kitchen to start breakfast. As he did he grabbed some eggs flipped on the radio and began cooking. Hank walked in a few minutes later and helped him by frying the bacon. Gavin Mikhail was singing over the radio. Hank began singing along as Logan laughed and grunted. Hank glared at him.
“You know Logan its not that girly to sing.”
Logan snorted.
“You know what Bub, If I sang I’d break your eardrum.”
Hank laughed. Ororo walked in and smiled at the two of them getting along so well.
“Can I help gentlemen?”
both turned and smiled.
“No we got it.”
Half an hour later breakfast was done and the kids all sat around the table eating. Logan smiled satisfied, grabbed his coffee and headed down for his workout in the danger room.
“Logan.”
He turned at Ororo’s voice.
“Yeah?”
“Thank you for caring last night.”
Logan smiled.
“Your welcome Ro. We all need to move on after four years.”
Ro smiled.
“I have moved in but it still hurts.”
He nodded.
“I know darling. I know. The ache will always be there.”
RO nodded.
“I know, but thank you Logan for caring.”
He nodded. She turned to go.
“Ro.”
Ororo turned back around.
“When it seems your fighting the sky keep fighting, you’ll fight the bugger to his death.”
Ororo laughed a rich laughter that flooded over Logan. He laughed with her and then they parted ways. Logan walked into the danger room and started his sentinel program.
Later on that day Hank was hanging from a tree reading a book when a large flash of light in the distance caused him to get out of his perch and run that way. When he reached it he found a young women with long black hair, she was barely standing. Her eyes met Hank’s, she pulled her hand away from her abdomen and he realized she was bleeding. A barely audible help came from her lips. Hank caught her as she fell. He smacked the x attatched to his shirt, praying that his invention would work.
“Ororo, Logan I need some help I’m out on the ground.”
Ororo was in the middle of teaching her class when she heard Hank asking for help. All of her students and she looked around the room looking for him. She looked down at the x on her wifebeater and realized that’s where it was coming from.
“Rogue take over the class.”
Rogue nodded.
“Yes Ro.”
Ro ran out in the hall to be met by Logan.
“When did the furball install these things in my shirt?”
Ororo laughed.
“I dunno but it worked.”
They began running, Ro called a wind to her and Logan lifting them both into the sky, They soon spotted Hank, he was holding a young women who was bleeding profusely.
Logan growled.
“Where’d she come from?”
“She appeared out of nowhere. Look Logan I need to get her to the med lab, she’s going to die if she loses more blood. You can ask me questions later.”
Logan nodded. Ro used a gentle wind to lift the young women back to the mansion and into the med lab. When they reached it Hank guided her gently down on the table. He immediately began work. The lower part of her abdomen was blasted away. Hank growled.
“I don’t know what kind of weapon this is.”
Ro set a gentle hand on his shoulder.
“Do your best Hank, I’ll come back and check on her later.”
Hank nodded and she and Logan exited. Several hours later after Hank had done all he could for her, he left and called the other to to Ororo’s office. All of the X-men met him there and he began telling what happened. Ro looked thoughtful after he finished.
“ Hank will she live?”
Hank nodded.
“She will be out for a few days and may lose her memory, but she will live.”
Ro nodded.
“Keep a close eye on her we have no idea who she is.”
Hank nodded and they moved on to more important matters.
Jesha woke with a cold metal feeling to her back. She opened her eyes to find dim lights. She gently sat up and felt her abdomen the plasma cannon had done quite a number on her. She was relieved to find that her healing factor had kicked in.
“Rest child you’ve had quite a shock to your system.”
Jesha turned and saw a large blue furry beast.
“Who are you?”
“My name is Hank Mccoy. What’s yours and where did you come from?”
Jesha sat a moment.
“My name is Jesha, I’m sorry but that’s all I remember.”
Hank nodded.
“Little wonder, you hit your head pretty hard.”
“How did I get here?”
“We brought you here from the grounds where you appeared out of nowhere.”
“Umm ok.”
Hank glanced at her and realized she didn’t believe him.
“You are at Xaviers Institute for the gifted in New York. I as reading a book when I saw a flash of light and you appeared asked for help and here you are.Its true kid. You’ll be fine.”
Jesha nodded She licked her lips.
“What year is this?”
“2020.”
Jesha’s eyes widened. Hank studied her a moment.
“What can I do to help you right now?”
“I am hungry and very tired.”
Hank started and realized she hadn’t eaten, she had been out for several days. He nodded.
“come with me.”
He led her to the kitchen, and scrounged a meal for her, she ate quickly. After she ate she studied Hank. He was unusual to her, at least as far as she remembered. After her meal Hank escorted her to a room where he showed her a change of clothes and some pajamas.
“Thank you Mr McCoy.”
hank smiled.
“Your welcome.Call me Hank. Dinner is at six. You will be further informed there.”
Jesha nodded.
“Of course thank you.”
Jesha began to undress. As she did her chocolate colored skin seemed to groan, as spurts of muscle pain shot through her. She pulled the two knives out of her boots and embedded them in the nearby wall. She then took off her clothes and slipped into the sweats and t-shirt Hank had provided. She fell into a deep sleep.
*******************************
“Jesha Look out!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Jesha rolled out of the way of the large machines blast. She looked up to see a young women standing over her.
“You ok?”
Jesha nodded.
“I’m fine, just a bit surprised. We better move Lauri or we’ll be sausage meat.”
Lauri nodded and handed her, her katana. Lauri also offered a strong hand.
“Come on big sister lets go.”
The two dodged behind a rock and waited until the sentinel looked away. Then they crept out from behind the rock and ran. The sentinel saw them. Jesha angry called a large storm down and blasted the robot. It’s circuits went into overdrive and it fell over with a crash. Lauri whooped and the two high fived.
“Good shot Jesha.”
Jesha smiled and grabbed her sister in a hug.
“Thanks for the warning kid.”
Together the two walked toward the complex where they lived. They were greeted by whoops of joy from some of the other people. They felt strong hands clap them on the shoulders.
“Good shots mon amis.”
Jesha smiled at Papa Jo.
“Thank you sir.”
He smiled.
“Come here my daughter.”
He caught her in a hug.
“I love you Jesha, so much like your mother.”
Jesha smiled.
“Thank you sir.”
“Your welcome.”
as he hugged her again a large crash interrupted them. Jesha spun around to see a large sentinel coming through the building.
“Thieves take cover!!!!!!!!!!!”
All of the thieves scrambled for cover. Jesha grabbed her knives out of her boots and threw them hard at the robot. Lauri below her had fallen and her leg was pinned by a large beam. Jesha watched in horror as the sentinel aimed its laser beam at her.
“LAURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
*************************
Jesha woke from her dream covered in a cold sweat. A scream on her lips. She bit it back and buried her face in her hands. Who were these people that haunted her dreams? Who was the Cajun man who called her his daughter? Who was the girl that died and now caused Jesha’s chest to constrict in pain? She sighed in frustration and headed to the bathroom to take another shower. She was hoping the cold water could knock some sense into her. After her shower she grabbed the jeans and tanktop Hank had left and headed down stairs. It was five minutes before dinner. When she reached the dining hall, she was greeted by many curious stares. A women with white hair came up and took her hand.
“I’m Ororo Munroe, they call me Storm.”
Jesha took the kind hand and smiled.
“My name is Jesha, beyond that I know little.”
Ororo smiled.
“Welcome to Xavier’s school for the gifted. You are welcome here.”
Jesha nodded.
“Thank you.”
Ororo led her around and introduced her to everyone, leaving Jesha’s head spinning with all the names. Hank seeing this rescued her and handed her a plate of food. Jesha gratefully took it as the blue hairy man popped down next to her.
“How’d you sleep?”
Jesha groaned.
“Not to well. I had a nightmare Hank.”
Hank’s eyes opened in earnest.
“Tell me about it.”
Jesha took a deep breath and quietly began to reiterate the dream. Hank listened in earnest.
“SO you think your a mutant?”
Jesha sighed.
“I don’t know. It was a dream, how could it be anything more.”
“Theres only one way to find out. I’ll show you when you finish dinner.”
Jesha gave him a strange look but nodded.
“OK.”
Hank noticed she was pretty reserved.
“Jesha, it will help you remember if you socialize with people”
“What if I never do Hank have you thought of that?”
“Yes. I have. Patience Jesha is a virtue not a commodity.”
Jesha smirked at his wise words.
“I have a love hate relationship with the fact that your right.”
Hank threw back his head and roared with laughter. Wolverine chose that moment to walk over.
“Hi, I’m Logan also known as Wolverine.”
Jesha smiled and introduced herself. After the introduction Hank looked at Logan in earnest.
“I’m going to need your help after dinner Logan.”
Logan raised a curious eyebrow.
“With?”
“Jesha thinks she’s a mutant I would like you to test her battle skills.”
Logan nodded.
“Sounds good Bub. As long as you don’t mind Darlin.”
Jesha shook her head.
“I don’t mind.”
Logan smiled a wolfish but handsome grin.
“After dinner then.”





You must login () to review.