To Dream Again (Second Time Around)

Author:
Batman_Wolverine
Fandom(s): X-Men Movieverse
Genre: Romance, Drama, Humor, Action.
Pairing/Characters: RoLo, Jott and others (all inside)
Rating: PG15, T (for now)
Summary: Dreams...Everyone has them. She did too, once. But then…reality stepped in. Years later, he gave her new dreams. A new hope. But those too were taken away, as was he. What replaced it was duty….that and nightmares. What if she is given a chance to dream again. Will she want her old ones back or will she go in for new ones? Or will she even want any at all? (Please read the author’s note as this fic’s basic plotline is from one that I had written a while ago with an AU comicverse setting.)
Warnings (and Spoilers): X-Men 1 and maybe 2 and 3. Starting point is Pre-X-Men 1.

Author’s Note: Going in for a minor revision for posting on FF.Net (as with Secrets before it), I decided to go in for a completely new one….though not quite starting from scratch. This fic is set in an AU movieverse (as against the first try that was leaned towards the comicverse). All the characters are their usual mutant selves and given the new setting will be behaving differently than from ‘Dreams’.

The first story (Dreams) though started with much hopes has been wrapped up quickly (and rather lamely), all because I was giving up on the mainline Marvel Universe. Heck, I even used the villains from another fic of mine. Can’t get a more of a cop-out than that.

Please note that this is NOT a sequal, but a complete re-write on the same basic plot but with different characters and main story.

Disclaimer: Don't own any of the x-men character in any of the different Marvel universes (Cartoon, Comic or Movie). All owned and copyrighted by Marvel Comics.


01. Perchance to Dream…

“Hey darlin’.” His deep voice and large calloused hands running lightly over her naked body roused her from sleep, her body, even in its semi-unconscious state instantly reacting to his caresses.
“Hmm,” she moaned, her cerulean blue eyes opening to meet his deep hazy ones, her lips curving in greeting.
“What time is it?” she inquired, turning sideways to nuzzle against him, his soft chest hair tickling her nose, causing it to twitch. His body a veritable furnace, gave her a sense of safety, of being loved that she nothing…no one could give, at least not since her parents.

“Time for us ta get goin’,” he answered, the rumble of his growl going right through her. Running his hand through her hair, he lowered his head to kiss her smooth cheek lingering there to breathe in her scent. Fresh rain, sandalwood, earth… pheromonal. Always both calming and exciting him, it drove him wild to smell her like this, her own natural scent mixed with his cigars, sweat and leather. There was something very primal about it, something which cried out that she was his, just his…for now and forever.

‘Mine.’ The animal in him growled, both as a show of pride and as subconscious show of claim for anyone who might ever dare to take her from him.

“Stop doing that.” She smacked his chest, chiding his for his sniffing.

“Doin’ what?” His husky drawl brimmed with knowing amusement.

“This.” His chest swelling once again as he drew in yet another, a much deeper breath, she whacked him again, her hit carrying none of the force of someone wanting the other to cease their actions. “Stop smelling me.” First hand experience told her that he did it frequently, especially after a night like the one they’d just had. “I stink.”
“Nah darlin’, ya smell good.”
“Sure.” She (mildly) scoffed at his claim. “You only say this because you like smelling yourself on me,” this time she laid one out over his raised shoulder, her slender fingers grasping against the chorded muscles as feeling his fanged teeth graze along the curve of her neck.

Chuckling and marveling at how easy and how truthfully she reacted towards his…ministrations, he drew her closer, falling back on his back to pull her over him, her full young breasts rubbing against his muscled chest, their bodies in perfect fit with each others. “That so bad?” He tugged her tighter, taking another deep breath of their mixed scents.

“No. Not at all,” she choked out a whisper, still after all this time, unable to suppress the full body blush she got at his possessiveness.

He was unlike any man she had ever met. He was brutally rough, hardened by what life had thrown against him, his personality tempered to a no nonsense attitude. But at the same time, and only with her, he was as innocent and vulnerable as a child. That he opened that side of himself only to her, made her feel proud of her achievement.

--

“So where are we going today?” she finally asked more than hour later, her body still recovering from her latest orgasm. Thinking back to just a few minutes ago, she flushed at how wanton she had been, how carnal. She would have never thought of herself to be this….primal. Before this, before him, she hadn’t even known this side of herself, let alone explore it. Before she met him, her life had been all about today i.e. staying alive today and trying to repeat the same when tomorrow crawling came around.

But that was all before him…all before she found someone who mattered to her and more importantly someone she mattered to. Now, she looked forward to the dawn of each fresh new day and the coming of each love filled night. And the days weren’t all that bad either. Especially the ones like this.

“Grrr,” he growled his appreciation at the way she was snaking her hand through his sweaty chest hair, curling and uncurling her long fingers. “Wherever ya wanta go?”

“Hmm. North?” She suggested. “You did promise to take me there.”

“That I did darlin’ an’ one day I’ll take ya,” he responded, his voice slightly muffled by the silky curtain of her long flowing hair. “Just a few more days and then we’ll leave. We need ta have the money if we wanta get food and stuff ta last the whole winter up there.”
“Ummm…’kay,” she agreed, deliberately adopting a deep thinking ‘finger on the chin’ pose for her next query. “Just the two of us, huh? Whatever will we do? How will we ever pass those long…solitary…secluded…winter…months. Not to mention the cold.”

Catching onto her game, he went along with it. “Oh, I have a few plans ya might like,” he flashed a devilish grin, giving a slight jerk of the hips to accentuate his thoughts.

“Really!!” She mentally congratulated herself at being able to bite down the moan that his action generated. Winking at him, she ran a finger along his jaw. “Mind telling me about them? After all, I am the one who is going to be there.”

“It’d be better if I show ya,” he said, drawing her closer.


-----

“Is this normal?” Asked the man standing next to the bed. “She-She is smiling?!”

“Yes.” The second voice, a female one, belonged to the shorter woman standing on the other side, her telltale white robe giving away her medical (doctor) status. “Her vitals are normal. She is just…dreaming.”

“A happy one it seems.” The man supplied the addendum, hoping to get more information about the unconscious patient’s mental state.
“Yes.” He got none.

“When do we revive her?” He got directly to the point.
“Usually we don’t need to revive her. She comes out of it herself,” answered the woman, fixing her glassed to re-check the vitals again.

----

“Fuck!” He cursed as the air escaped from the truck’s left rear tire. They were getting close. There was no way out…for him. He could still try to save her. No. He ‘would’ save her, he had to save her. There would be not ‘try to’ shit. She was too pure, too innocent for them. They would destroy her.

Braking hard, he brought the truck to a halt, both of them not wasting one moment to leap out of it. Reaching for each other’s hands, they ran for the trees.

Once past the outer fringe, he he turned to her.

“Ya run darlin’, run fast an’ hide. I’ll take care of them,” his order carried more than a bit of a plea.
“No!” She shook her head adamantly. “We’ll do it together. We did it before and we will do it again.”
“Not this time babe,” his ears twitched at their closing enemies. “Not this time,” he pushed her away, further into the forest. “Run darlin’.”
“No,” she tried again, hoping against hope to convince him, her cheeks glistening at the tears flowing down them. “Please….”
“Yes!” He snarled before softening. “Fer me,” he whispered to her, brushing one escaped tear away, the other one rising to her waist. “Go.”

“Please don’t…”

“I’ll find ya.” He pulled her to him, literally mashing her lips his with hers. It was a silent but firm seal on his vow. “I promise,” he said giving her a small sad smile.

“You promise?” she echoed his words, her tears more uncontrolled than before.

Once again they leaned into each other. Their last kiss, his mind told him. The beast in him was crying blood, howling not the impending loss of his life but at the loss of its mate.

“Yes darlin’, I promise,” he growled softly at her mouth. “Now go,” he commanded once again, his heart breaking as he watched her draw away from him.


----

“What happened?” The man questioned, stepping out of the way to miss being pushed back by the doctor. “One minute she is smiling and the next she is sweating, tears flowing from her eyes?” He lifted a hand to the bed. “Now don’t tell me this is also normal.”

“It is,” normally pleasant, the woman’s rang true with raw tension, her sudden migraine growing stronger by the second.
.
“It is? It looks more like that she’s in pain,” the man frowned at his companion’s seemingly indifferent attitude. “We need to revive her immediately.”

“NO!” Came the sharp command. “She needs to ride this out on her own. Believe me it is completely normal,” she ended, placing a supportive hand on the patient’s arm, “I hope,” she added just to herself.

---

She could see everyone and everything from her vantage point high in the trees, but no one could see or sense her. No one except him for he could catch and track her smell from miles away.

But he was busy at the moment – busy fighting – not for himself, not for his freedom but for hers. Even through the red raze over it, her freedom and wellbeing shone clear in his bestial mind. Her deep blue eyes and long white hair, he would readily give his life for them and today did seem like a good day to die.

That thought brought a loud roar from him as he launched himself on the men hunting him…and maybe even her.

She observed silently, tears streaming down her face as he roared and attacked his attackers. He surprised them and managed to get quite a few, before the others recovered and started firing at him, his body becoming airborne as hundreds of bullets tore through him, their combined momentum lifting him off the ground.

She couldn’t take it anymore. She had to help him. Reaching out to grasp him she cried out to him…for him.


----

Her nightmare reaching a sudden end, she shot up her hand still grasping for him…at empty space, her haunted cry tearing through the soundproofed room.

“LOGAN!”


Note: In case you missed reading the author’s note at the beginning. This is an old fic of mine one that I wrote with an AU universe one leaning more towards the comic universe (but with a few hints from the movieverse). The original story though started with much hopes has been wrapped up quickly (and rather lamely), all because I was giving up on the mainline Marvel Universe.

Those who have reads the first take on this plot will find this chapter (a few upcoming ones) very similar to that story. Hopefully that won’t last for long.

Oh, and by the way, this time around I am basing this in an AU Movieverse. (Don’t even want to go near the comicverse now.)

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.