Title: Desperation, Divorce and Old Friends

Author: Eightcrayondon

Pairing: Mild RoLo

Rating: G

Summary: A very short fic covering Ororo’s thoughts on the divorce of Marvels premiere black characters.

Disclaimer: Marvel owns all known X-Men characters, I make no profit from this story or the use of the characters. Just tooting my own horn but I do have a 1986 Cadillac with a radiator and oil leak.


I believed that as a monarch, I would be more suited to serve my battered homeland. I had truly believed that I was in love with the Black Panther. I have known this man for years, since we were both children but I would be lying if I were to say that I knew him well enough to marry him.
I guess that to onlookers it was obvious that I had given in to my loneliness, my relationship with Davis Cameron was the first red flag; he was a child, a boy that admired me more than he could have actually loved me. After our tryst ended I found myself in the arms of Remy, the longtime lover of one of my closest friends. Then within days of each other, I shared flirtations with Kurt and Logan; how odd that I would make advances toward both men in the same week.
I am shoving my things hurriedly into my luggage, crying because I see now how much of a fool I have been. This marriage would have been more suitable if we had not entered this union under the pretense that we were in love. There was of course a mitigating attraction; Black Panther is a strong, beautiful man and we have much in common in terms of responsibility, however, being relatable does not make for a true match.
Logan came all the way from Westchester when he heard news of our separation and I asked him to stay in the cab. He and T’challa are both very proud men, who have never been genuinely friendly toward one another.
You are not seventeen years old!
I clench my fists and slam more clothing into the expensive luggage.
I doubt though, that Jubilee would have been as naïve I have been. A four month failed relationship with T’challa would not have been so searing, except that I had actually made a home that included a lawful union with this man and it devastates me: The idea that we had promised ourselves to one another for the rest of our lives and could not honor that vow for a half year embarrasses and dishonors me.
The fault does not lie with T’challa, he is as much victim to brazenness as I and I would be a liar if I were to say that I am not fond of him, but after the lust had settled I learned that there was nothing beyond my fondness and that this fondness is not even comparable to the love I had for Forge. Is that not what it is all about? Why would I commit myself to him if I had known love better than the love I feel for him?
He is in his study with the door closed; neither of use crave an awkward farewell and it is much better this way.
Logan runs up to the door to help me with my bags and when I sigh after they are placed in the trunk he abandons character and embraces me.
“Come on ‘Ro,” he whispers. “We’re goin’ home.”





You must login () to review.